DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : June 29, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (June 29, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
BSES launches energy saving app
- BSES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL) tied up with several private organisations to launch a slew of initiatives including a ‘behavioural energy saving app’ to reduce electricity consumption.
- The app ‘SustHome’ developed by BYPL and TERI to bring about a behavioural change in how consumers use electricity. It will track energy consumption patterns.
- The power discom selected cooperative housing societies such as Mayur Vihar to use the app. The initiative will be scaled up to cover over two lakh residential consumers in the second phase.
- The app will guide enlisted consumers in reducing their energy consumption, carbon footprint and electricity bills by influencing their behavioural patterns.
- It will also provide customized solutions to make all such units energy-efficient.
- The main aim is to save around 72 million units (MUs) and help consumers save up to 10% in energy bills.
Haryana government announced an annual of Rs.5 lakh to Loktantra senanis
- The Haryana State government has announced an annual financial assistance of Rs.5 lakh to loktantra senanis or their spouse for treatment at private or government hospitals. The term “emergency victim” on their identity cards would be replaced with “loktantra senani”.
- The announcement was made by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar while addressing the Loktantra Senanis from across the state at the state-level Loktantra Senani Samman Samaroh organized at Tagore Theatre in Chandigarh.
- Loktantra senanis are those people who were imprisoned during the 1975-77 (Satyagraha Movement) Emergency under preventive detention laws.
U.S. President to hold talks with Prime Minister Modi to discuss India’s retaliatory tariffs
- U.S. President Donald Trump said that India’s high tariffs on American products are unacceptable. Trump has asked India to withdraw the tariffs it levied on 28 US goods.
India levied tariffs:
- Ministry of Commerce has announced to impose retaliatory tariffs on US goods that will be effective from June 16 onwards. The retaliatory tariffs on 28 goods imported from the U.S.
- The Ministry initially decided to impose tariffs in 2018. The decision is ahead of the meeting between Modi and Trump on the sidelines of the G20 summit in Japan. The move made by the trade ministry was approved by the Ministry of External Affairs.
- The tariffs will be applied on $220-290 million worth of goods that are imported from the US, and will have about the same impact as the tariffs imposed by Washington on India in 2018.
RANKING & INDEX
India topple England, go top of ODI rankings by June 28th report
- India on Thursday dethroned England to rise to the top of One-Day International rankings, just three days ahead of their blockbuster World Cup clash. As per the latest rankings released by the ICC, India led the chart with 123 points, followed by World Cup hosts England (122) and New Zealand (114).
- The first team to reach the semi-finals of the ongoing edition, defending champions Australia are placed fourth with 112 points. However, if India lose to the West Indies on Thursday, they will slip one point behind England.
BANKING & FINANCE
CBDT directs I-T dept to share info of loan defaulters with banks
- CBDT informed the Income Tax Department to share “public interest” details of assets. The policy move is aimed to tighten the noose on such entities and extract recovery of public money.
- The tax department will get information from the Income Tax Return (ITR) of an assesse. They frame a policy for the I-T department issued an order in this context to its entire field.
- The order states that “tax dues” of defaulter before the taxman shares such information with the bank. A number of high-value bank loan frauds come in the recent past including prominent ones like the Rs 13,000 crore including businessman and liquor baron Vijay Mallya and others.
MieTY reported that 2.22 crore villagers are given Digital Education under Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMGDISHA)
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology reported that 2.22 crore villagers are given Digital Education under Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMGDISHA).
- The report was submitted by Minister Mr. Ravi Shankar Prasad in Rajya Sabha.
- To increase the Digital Literacy rate in India, Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyaan (PMGDISHA) was launched as an integral part of the ‘Digital India’ initiative.
- The vision of this scheme is that one person in every household digitally literate, and train them to operate digital devices such as Tablets, Smartphones et cetera. Bridge the digital divide, specifically targeting the rural population
It also ensures high-speed internet access for all, though a secure ecosystem.
- The Centre allocated Rs.100 crore in 2017-18, Rs.438 crore in 2018-19 and Rs.400 crore in 2019-20 for the PMGDISHA scheme. The total outlay for this project so far has been Rs.2,351 crore.
Centre has approved Rs.13,343 crore for the National Animal Disease Control Programme for FMD and Brucellosis
- The Centre has approved Rs.13,343 crore for the National Animal Disease Control Programme for Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) and Brucellosis for the next five years.
- It was announced by the Minister of State for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Sanjeev Kumar Balyan. The amount of Rs.2683 crore is proposed for the Financial Year 2019-20.
FMD and Brucellosis:
- These diseases are very common among the livestock cow-bulls, buffaloes, sheep, goats, pigs etc. If a cow/buffalo gets infected with FMD, the milk loss is upto 100% which could last for four to six months.
- If it is affected with Brucellosis the milk output reduces by 30%, during the entire life cycle of animal. Brucellosis also causes infertility amongst the animals. The infection of brucellosis can also be transmitted to the farm workers and livestock owners.
- Both the diseases have a direct negative impact on the trade of milk and other livestock products.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
BJP MP Meenakshi Lekhi pens her first novel ‘The New Delhi Conspiracy’
- BJP MP Meenakshi Lekhi written her debut novel under the Delhi’s political landscape and decided to bear influencing the course of the nation’s political trajectory.
- New Delhi Conspiracy, co-authored with Krishna Kumar. It was published by HarperCollins India. It is yet to release of July 8, 2019. The current socio-political context as an unusual storyline, full of intrigue and adventure that shifts from Hong Kong to Delhi.
- Fiction is a format has a wider readership with collaboration to take for the book. The biggest USP of The New Delhi Conspiracy’ is its scintillating storyline that is both entertaining as well as informative.
- Krishan Chopra, publisher at HarperCollins India. The book talks of a malicious man with a dangerous agenda.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
Arvind Kumar is appointed as Director of Intelligence Bureau
- Arvind Kumar, Senior IPS officers, is appointed the new Chief of Intelligence Bureau (IB). He is the IPS officer of 1984 batch. His appointment is confirmed by the Home Ministry.
- Arvind Kumar will succeed Rajiv Jain as IB Chief and will assume his charge on 30th June 2019. Previously Arvind Kumar was involved in tackling the Left Wing Extremism at IB.
- He is considered to be an expert on Kashmir issues. The Director of the Intelligence Bureau or the IB Chief is the senior most ranked IPS officer in the IB and the senior most IPS officer in the country also.
Acharya sworn in as the Governor of Manipur on 27 June
- Padmanabha Balakrishna Acharya sworn in as the Governor of Manipur on 27 June. Justice Lanusungkum Jamir of the High Court of Manipur administered the oath of office to Acharya at the Darbar Hall of the Raj Bhavan, Manipur.
- Acharya will discharge the functions of the Governor of Manipur, in addition to his current duty as the Governor of Nagaland, during the absence of Dr Najma Heptulla, Governor of Manipur. After swearing in Acharya said that the governor is the constitutional head of state and that he will discharge his constitutional duties.
Article 153 of Constitution:
- It says that there shall be a Governor for each state.
- The 7th Constitutional Amendment Act, 1956 has facilitated the appointment of the same person as a governor for two or more states.
Author Amish Tripathi appointed as the Director of Nehru Centre in London
- Author Amish Tripathi named as the director of London’s Nehru Centre. Author of best-selling books like the Secret of the Nagas and Sita – Warrior of Mithila, Tripathi take over from diplomat Srinivas Gotru.
- Gotra’s four-year tenure ended this year. Tripathi appointed for the post followed by an interview with a selection panel, ICCR president Vinay Sahasrabudhe.
- The Nehru Centre founded in 1992. Gopalkrishna Gandhi as its founder director.
About Amish Tripathi
- He is an Indian author.
- His famous works are The Immortals of Meluha, The Secret of the Nagas, and The Oath of the Vayuputras, Scion of Ikshvaku and Sita: Warrior of Mithila.
Virat Kohli becomes the fastest cricketer to score 20,000 international runs
- Virat Kohli becomes the fastest cricketer to score 20,000 international runs.
- The 417 innings to reach the milestone and bettered the time taken by legends such as Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara.
- India captain reached the milestone the score of 37 in India’s 6th match in World Cup tournament against West Indies.
- He scored 18,963 runs in international cricket before the innings and needed a further 37 to reach the 20,000 run mark.
- He has 416 innings (131 Tests, 223 ODIs and 62 T20Is).
Narinder Batra elected as IOC member
- Indian Olympic Association president Narinder Batra elected as a member of the International Olympic Committee. He secured 58 votes out of 62.
- Narinder Batra has a rare distinction of becoming a member of the IOC, he is heading a National Olympic Committee. He also belongs to the international federation. He is the first Indian to have this distinctionAbout Indian Olympic Association
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- President: Narinder Dhruv Batra
- Secretary-General: Rajeev Mehta
Statistics Day is observed on 29th June
- Statistics Day is observed on June 29th. Its main aim is to popularize the use of Statistics in everyday life. They plan to sensitize the public where Statistics subject helps in shaping and framing policies.
- The theme of 2019 Statistics Day is ‘Sustainable Development Goals’. The day is celebrated on the birth anniversary of Prof. P C Mahalanobis for his invaluable contribution in establishing the National Statistical System.
- Minister of Statistics and Program Implementation Rao Inderjit Singh chair the main function to be held in New Delhi. The winner of Prof. C R Rao Award 2019 for notable contribution in the field of Statistics.
Attend Current Affairs Quiz for the Month of May – 2019 from the link that is provided below.
Learn the Other Day Current Affairs from bankersdaily Team from the link that is provided below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL