DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : June 4, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (June 4, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
AYUSH Ministry launches an app to help people locate yoga centers, instructors
- International yoga day celebrated on June 21, the ministry of AYUSH launched “yoga locator” an app to locate yoga events and centers providing training and instructor within the users range.
- This app is a map-based application which allows the instructor to register themselves and reach outto users.
- An international day for yoga was declared unanimously by the United Nations General Assembly.
- Yoga is a physical, mental and spiritual practice originated in India.
About Ministry of Ayush
- Full form – Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga, and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homoeopathy.
- Headquarters – Delhi
- Headed by – Shripad Naik
Rajasthan government increases financial aid given to girls under ‘Aapki Beti’ scheme
- Rajasthan government increased the financial assistance given to school girls under the ‘Aapki Beti’ scheme and ex-gratia payment to the families of polling personnel who die during election duty.
About the Aapki Beti scheme
- Under the Aapki Beti scheme, girls living under the Below Poverty Line (BPL) and whose mother or father or both have died to get annual financial assistance in the state.
- Amount sanctioned under Aapki Beti scheme
- The amount has been increased to 2,100 from Rs 1,100 for the girls studying in class 1 to 8 and for the girls in class 9 to 12, the financial aid has been increased to Rs 2,500 from Rs 1,500.
- Similarly, the government has also increased ex-gratia payment to the next of kin of an officer killed on election duty to Rs 20 lakh from Rs 15 lakh.
- Capital: Jaipur
- Governor: Kalyan Singh
- Chief Minister: Ashok Gehlot
- Deputy Chief Minister: Sachin Pilot
Brand Veeba foods appoint Shah Rukh Khan as its brand Ambassador for its new brand “V-Nourish”
- Popular consumer brand, Veeba foods make inroads into a nutrition segment with its new brand V- Nourish. A nutrition supplement for kids above 5 years appoints Shah Rukh Khan as its Brand Ambassador.
Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) summit held at Mecca
- The 14th summit of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) held in Mecca, Saudi Arabia was hosted by Saudi King Salman bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud.
- The official agenda of the meeting was to address current issues in the Muslim world and recent developments in a number of OIC member states.
- Also, amid soaring tension between Iran and the US and its Gulf allies the OIC summit discussed the regional security issues. The Mecca summit supported Palestinians and backed Saudis in Iran standoff.
- OIC holds an Islamic Summit once every three years at which heads of state discuss ways to achieve OIC’s charter’s objectives and make policy decisions that concern its member states. OIC has permanent delegations to the UN and the European Union (EU)
Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC):
- Headquarters: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Membership: 57 member states
- Secretary-General: Yousef Al-Othaimeen
- Official languages: Arabic, English, French
Sri Lankan presidential polls to be held between 15 Nov and 7 Dec
- The presidential elections in Sri Lanka would be held between November 15 and December 7, Election Commission Chairman Mahinda Deshapriya has said, clarifying that according to constitutional provisions, the polls must be held one month before the end of the current President’s term.
- President Sirisena’s five-year term is scheduled to end on January 8, 2020. Sirisena was elected for a 5-year term on January 8, 2015, when he challenged the incumbent Mahinda Rajapaksa.
Europes Highest Volcano Mount Etna erupted
- Europe’s Highest Volcano Mount Etna, in southern Italy, erupted with burst into life, spewed ash, fire, and spitting molten lava high into the sky.
- This is 2019’s first eruption as the volcano on the island of Sicily previously erupted in December 2018.
- The lava came from two eruptive fissures on northeastern and south-southeastern sides of Mount Etna’s New Southeast Crater.
- The eruption did not affect the nearby residential areas or for flights at the closest airport at Catania.
BANKING & FINANCE
Overseas investors pump over Rs 9,000 crore into Indian capital markets in May
- Overseas investors pumped more than 9,000 crore rupees into the Indian capital markets last month on expectations of more business-friendly measures.
- According to the latest depositories data, Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPIs) around 7,920 crore rupees into equities and 1,111 crore rupees in the debt market during the second to-31st of May.
- They took the cumulative investment to around 9,031 crore rupees. They invested a net 16,093 crore rupees in April, 45,981 crore rupees in March and 11,182 crore rupees in February in the capital markets (both equity and debt).
About foreign portfolio investment
- A foreign portfolio investment is a grouping of assets such as stocks, bonds, and cash equivalents.
- Portfolio investments are held directly by an investor or managed by financial professionals.
RBI initiated Financial Literacy Week 2019 is observed from 3 to 7 June
- The Financial Literacy Week 2019 is being observed from 3 June to 7 June. It is an annual initiative by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to promote awareness of key topics through a focused campaign.
- The theme of Financial Literacy Week 2019 is ‘Farmers’. The FL Week would focus on farmers as the target group with the primary theme being “responsible borrowing and agricultural finance”.
- It also focuses on how they can benefit from being a part of the formal banking system. The aim of the initiative is to create awareness about financial products and services, good financial practices, going digital and consumer protection.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
CSO-GDP growth slips to 5.8% in Q4 in 2018-19
- As per the data released by the Central Statistics Office (CSO), the rate of gross domestic product (GDP) growth in the January-March quarter of 2018-19 decreased to 5.8% as compared to the forecast of 6.5%.
- The economic growth rate for the full 2018-19 financial year stood at a 5-year low of 6.8% in comparison to 7.1 %. The reason behind the slip is the slowdown in the countrys key sectors like agriculture, industry and manufacturing in the past nine months.
- The countrys fiscal deficit in full 2018-19 stood at 3.4% of GDP. Spending was Rs 23.1 trillion, against the revised target of Rs 24.1 trillion. Gross value added (GVA) growth for FYI 9 came in at 6.6%.
- The sectors which registered growth GDP rate of over 7% in FYI 9 are public administration, defence and other services (8.6 per cent), construction (8.7 per cent), financial, real estate and professional services (7.4 percent), electricity, gas, water supply & other utility services (7 per cent).
Two-wheeler loan named ‘Sabse Khaas Loan’ launched by L&T Finance
- Indian multinational conglomerate, L&T Finance, a subsidiary of L&T Finance Holdings, launched ‘Sabse Khaas Loan’ for two-wheeler customers.
- This scheme provides burden-free and low-cost finance for two-wheelers eliminates the need for hypothecation of the vehicle to the financier over the tenure of the loan.
- This loan is for a financially strong customer who spends their hard-earned money smartly. Borrowers can choose 3 different EMI periods- 6, 12 and 18 months with the interest rates between 7.99 percent and 8.99 percent.
About Larsen & Toubro (L&T):
- Founders: Henning Holck-Larsen, Soren Kristian Toubro
- Headquarters: Mumbai
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
SpiceJets Chairman and MD Ajay Singh was elected to the board of IATA
- SpiceJet’s Chairman and Managing Director Ajay Singh was elected to the board of the International Air Transport Association (IATA), less than three months after the airline joined the global grouping.
- Founder and former chairman of the now grounded Jet Airways Naresh Goyal, who was associated with the IATA for a long time, was a member on the previous board.
Board of IATA:
- The new board of the global airlines’ grouping would be chaired by Lufthansa Group Chief Executive Officer Carsten Spohr, who took charge after the conclusion of the IATA annual general meeting at Seoul, South Korea.
- Spohr will be the Chairman of the IATA Board of Governors (BoG) for a one-year term. Other board members include Air Canada President and CEO Calin Rovinescu, Qantas CEO Alan Joyce and Qatar Airways CEO Akbar Al Baker.
- In March, SpiceJet became the first Indian low-cost carrier to take membership of the IATA, a grouping of around 290 airlines.
International Air Transport Association (IATA):
- Formed on: 19 April 1945
- Headquarters: Quebec, Canada
- DG and CEO: Alexandre de Juniac
Nayib Bukele is elected as the new president of El Salvador
- Nayib Bukele is elected as the new president of El Salvador. The 37 -year-old former mayor of San Salvador, who won more votes than all other candidates in the February presidential election, brought an end to a two-party system that has held sway over the country for three decades.
- He pledged to cure the Central American country that he described as a “sick child” following years of violence and migration that has strained relations with the United States.
- President: Nayib Bukele
- Vice President: Félix Ulloa
- Official language: Spanish
- Capital: San Salvador
- Currency: United States dollar (USD)
Satish Chandra Verma appointed as Advocate General of Chhattisgarh
- Government of Chhattisgarh appointment Sathish Chandra Verma as its new Advocate General (AG). He was previously working as additional Advocate General. He replaces Kanak Tiwari.
- Capital – Raipur
- Chief Minister – Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
National Security Adviser (NSA) Ajith Doval gets Cabinet rank with extension of Five more year
- National Security Adviser (NSA) Ajith Doval gets Cabinet rank with the extension of Five more year reappointed to the post for five more years and given Cabinet rank in the second term of the NDA government.
- Government of India on Monday reappointed Doval as NSA and upgraded his position from Minister of State (MoS) rank. Doval, who was appointed as India’s fifth NSA, played a crucial in ensuring the secure return of 46 Indian nursing bank who was appointed as India’s fifth NSA.
- Doval was widely credited along with the then Foreign Secretary S. Jaishankar and Indian Ambassador to China Vijay Keshav Gokhale, for resolving Doklam Standoff through diplomatic issues.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
James Webb Space Telescope successfully passed final thermal vacuum test
- NASA’s $8.8-billionJames Webb Space Telescope, the world’s largest and most expensive one, has successfully passed final thermal vacuum test, making its parts cleared for use in space.
- The 6.5-meter diameter telescope has 18 gold-coated mirrors and a tennis court-sized sun-shield to gather light and protect its instruments. The telescope set to launch in 2021. It took 20 years to build.
June 3 is celebrated as the World Bicycle Day across the globe
- In April 2018, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) declared 3 June as International World Bicycle Day.
- The resolution for World Bicycle Day recognizes the uniqueness, longevity, and versatility of the bicycle, which has been in use for two centuries, and that it is a simple, affordable, reliable, clean and environmentally fit sustainable means of transportation.
- 2019 will be the second year when it will be celebrated after the UN General Assembly declared it in 2018 to acknowledge the uniqueness, longevity and the importance of the bicycle which is a simple, affordable, reliable and an environmentally friendly mode of transportation.
World Bicycle Day in India:
- In India, Vice President of India Venkaiah Naidu had flagged off a cycling rally in Connaught Place in Delhi on the occasion of World Bicycle Day. It was also celebrated by cyclists in many other cities like Bengaluru and Mumbai.
International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is observed on 4 June
- The International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is a United Nations observance each 4 June.
- In 1997 The General Assembly adopted the 51/77 Resolution on the Rights of the Child. It was established on 19 August 1982.
Veteran industrialist BM Khaitan passes away
- Veteran industrialist and Williamson Magor Group patriarch Brij Mohan Khaitan died on 1 June 2019 at his residence in Kolkata.
- He was 92. Khaitan is survived by his younger son Aditya and daughter Divya Jalan. Also known as the “evergreen tea man of India” globally, he had made the tea industry “Indian-owned” in the twilight era of independence.
Attend Current Affairs Quiz for the Month of May – 2019 from the link that is provided below.
Learn the Other Day Current Affairs from bankersdaily Team from the link that is provided below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL