DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: MARCH 26, 2019
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: MARCH 26, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (March 26, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Indian Navy’s nuclear, biological, chemical training facility launched:
- The Indian Navy’s Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Training Facility (NBCTF) was inaugurated by Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba at INS Shivaji in Lonavala.
- The training facility has been named ABHEDYA, which means impenetrable in Sanskrit.The new facility is expected to help train personnel of naval ships fitted with nuclear, biological and chemical detection and protection systems.
Indian Air Force inducts combat-ready Chinook helicopters :
- The Indian Air Force has formally inducted four US-made Chinook heavy-lift helicopters (CH 47 F(I)) at Chandigarh’s Air Force Station 12 Wing.The first batch of four helicopters has been delivered on schedule and the last batch is to be delivered by March 2020.
- The India specific CH- 47F (I) is a heavy lift, tandem rotor helicopter which currently serves the armed forces of 19 countries.The helicopter is capable of airlifting diverse military and non-military loads into remote locations.
Norway Introduced the World’s First Wireless Electric Car Charging Station:
- Norway’s capital city Oslo will be the world’s first city to install wireless charging stations for electric taxis, in a bid to make a zero-emission cab system by as early as 2023.This allows for charging up to 75 kilowatts.
- Norway wants all new cars to be zero emission by 2025 whereas other nations, like Britain and France, have similar goals for 2040.
- The project aims to install wireless charging using induction technology.The wireless fast-charging project aims to reduce climate emissions from the taxi sector .
STATIC : Norway
Currency: Norwegian krone
UAE’s ADNOC awards onshore exploration block to Indian consortium:
- Two Indian oil companies, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, and Indian Oil Corporation Limited has been awarded the exploration rights for Abu Dhabi’s Onshore Block 1.
- The Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) signed agreements awarding the exploration rights. The award has been endorsed by Abu Dhabi’s Supreme Petroleum Council.
India, Sri Lanka Set to Begin Annual ‘Mitra Shakti’- VI Army Exercise :
- MITRASHAKTI – VI, a joint training exercise between Indian and Sri Lanka Army kick-started at Diyatalawa in Sri Lanka.The exercise is an annual event held in India and Sri Lanka alternatively.
- Exercise MITRASHAKTI is one of the largest bilateral armies to army exercises conducted in the region. Based on the success of previous exercises, it has been recently upgraded from a platoon level engagement to a full Company level engagement.
- Exercise MITRA SHAKTI is conducted annually as part of military diplomacy and interaction between armies of India & Sri Lanka.
Trump Sign Proclamation Recognising Israel’s Sovereignty :
- US President Donald Trump formally recognised Israeli sovereignty over the Israel-occupied Golan Heights, reversing decades of United State’s policy and told the visiting Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, that Israel has an absolute right to self-defence.
- Israel captured the Golan Heights from Syria in the 1967 war but its sovereignty over the territory is not recognized by the international community.
STATIC : Israel
Currency: Israeli new shekel.
Govindaraj has been re-elected as BFI President :
- K. Govindaraj has been unanimously re-elected as president of the Basketball Federation of India (BFI) at its annual general-body meeting.Govindaraj announced that a new six-team women’s league will be held in next three months.
BANKING & ECONOMY
RBI appoints five-member committee to deepen digital payments :
- RBI has appointed a five-member committee under the chairmanship of Nandan Nilekhani to strengthen and encourage digital payments and enhance financial inclusion through digitization.
- It was announced by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das at the first event of Financial Technology (Fintech) Conclave, which was organized by NITI Aayog in New Delhi.
eBay joined hands with google to allow its users to pay via Google Pay :
- US-based e-commerce platform eBay has partnered with Google to offer Google Pay as a form of payment option in its new “managed payments” plan. The collaboration will enhance customer experience tailored to their personal preferences.
- The partnership will enable customers with Google Pay accounts to check out without leaving the platform.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
ISRO to launch 29 satellites including EMISAT :
- Indian Space Research Organisation will launch 29 satellites including the primary payload EMISAT, on the first of April.EMISAT has been developed for monitoring radar network by India. EMISAT, weighing 436 kg, is intended for electromagnetic spectrum measurement.
- Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, PSLV-C45 will take off from Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota tentatively at 9:30 AM carrying the satellites onboard.
STATIC : ISRO
Director: K. Sivan
AWARDS & HONOURS
Kenyan Teacher Peter Tabichi Conferred With Global Teacher Prize For 2019:
- A maths and physics teacher Peter Tabichi, a member of the Franciscan religious order has been conferred with the prestigious Global Teacher Prize for 2019 at a ceremony in Dubai hosted by Hollywood actor, Hugh Jackman.
- The award recognises ‘exceptional‘ teacher’s commitment to pupils in a remote part of Kenya’s Rift Valley.
China wins 2019 badminton Asia mixed team trophy :
- The 2nd edition of Badminton Asia Mixed Team Championships aka Tong Yun Kai Cup 2019 was held in Queen Elizabeth Stadium, Hong Kong.China has grabbed the championship by defeating Japan with 3-2.
- The championship was organized by Badminton Asia and Hong Kong Badminton Association.
He Jiting and Du Yue -China
Yuta Watanabe and Arisa Higashino
Yugo Kobayashi and Takuro Hoki – China
Han Chengkai and Zhou
Li Yinhui and Du Yue – China
Ayako Sakuramoto and Yukiko Takahata
Famous Folk Artiste and Radio Commentator Anasuya Devi Passes Away:
- Kala Prapoorna awardee, Vinjamuri Anasuya Devi passed away at the age of 99 due to illness in the USA.
- She was an eminent folk artist, radio commentator, harmonium player, music composer, and author.She was also an awardee of lifetime achievement award in America and ‘Queen of Folk’ award in Paris.
International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade : 25th March
- International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade was observed all over the world to raise awareness about the dangers of racism and to honour and to remember people who suffered for the slavery system.
- The theme for International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade 2019 is “Remember Slavery: The Power of the Arts for Justice”.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.