DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: MARCH 25, 2019
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: MARCH 25, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (March 25, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
NITI Aayog’s FinTech Conclave to be held in New Delhi :
- A day-long FinTech Conclave has been organized by NITI Aayog at Dr. Ambedkar International Center, New Delhi.The Conclave was inaugurated by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das.
- The objective of the conference is to shape India’s continued ascendancy in FinTech, build the narrative for future strategy and policy efforts, and to deliberate steps for comprehensive financial inclusion.
STATIC : NITI Aayog
NITI Aayog CEO: Amitabh Kant,
Vice Chairman: Rajiv Kumar.
Oman Signs Agreement Allowing US Military To Use Its Ports :
- Oman has inked an agreement with the United States that allow American ships and warplanes to take advantage of his ports and airports, which is aimed at bolstering Omani-American military relations.
- The agreement will allow the US forces to take advantage of the facilities offered at some of the Sultanate’s ports and airports during visits of the US military vessels and aircraft. The US-Omani deal was signed by the defence ministries of both countries.
STATIC : Oman
Currency: Omani rial.
Delhi’s IGI Airport Becomes The 12th Busiest Airport In The World :
- According to the preliminary world airport traffic-2018 rankings released by Airports Council International (ACI), Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) of New Delhi has elevated 4 ranks to reach at 12th spot in terms of the busiest airport as compared to 2017’s 16th spot.
- The list of world’s busiest airports by passenger traffic ranking has been topped by Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (US) followed by Beijing Capital International Airport (China) and Dubai International Airport (UAE).
Norway to get world’s first wireless charging station for taxis :
- Norway’s capital Oslo will become the world’s first city to install wireless induction-based fast-charging systems for electric taxis.
- The Charging plates will be installed in the ground where taxis are parked, which will connect with receivers in taxis and allow them to charge for up to 75 kilowatts. Finland’s Fortum is working on the project with America’s Momentum Dynamics.
India ranks 76th on WEF’s global Energy Transition index :
- India has elevated two places to rank 76th on a global energy transition index. The annual list, compiled by Geneva-based World Economic Forum (WEF), has ranked 115 economies on how well they are able to balance energy security and access with environmental sustainability and affordability.
- The report stated that India is amongst the countries with high pollution levels and has a relatively high CO2 intensity in its energy system. Sweden remains on the top and is followed by Switzerland and Norway in the top three.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
AIBA President Gafur Rahimov Resigned :
- International Boxing Federation (AIBA) president Gafur Rahimov has resigned by replacing interim president.
- Rahimov was elected in November 018 despite being on the U.S. Treasury Department’s sanctions list “for providing material support” to a criminal organization.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Navin Chawlas new book titled Every Vote Counts launched :
- Former Chief Election Commissioner of India Navin Chawla’s book ‘Every Vote Counts’ was launched by former Vice President of India, Hamid Ansari in New Delhi.
- This book is about how the electoral machinery works in India.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Italy’s Earth-Watching PRISMA Satellite launched by Vega Rocket :
- Italy’s new Earth-observation satellite named PRISMA (Precursore Iperspettrale della Missione Applicativa) has been launched from the Guiana Space Centre by 98 foot (30 meters) tall Vega rocket.
- This was developed by the joint venture of Italian Space Agency and the European Space Agency.PRISMA is an electro-optical instrument, which is designed to take medium resolution photos to give information about environmental monitoring, natural resources, pollution and crop health.
Former world number 6 badminton player Joachim Persson banned over match-fixing :
- 35 years old Badminton player Joachim Persson of Denmark was banned for 18 months by the Badminton World Federation for match-fixing. He was ordered to pay $4,500.
STATIC : Denmark
Currency: Danish krone
Suresh Raina becomes 1st Cricketer To Score 5,000 Runs in IPL :
- Suresh Raina etched his name in the history books of the Indian Premier League with the Chennai Super Kings batsman becoming the first batsman to score 5000 IPL runs.
- The 32-year-old left-handed batsman achieved the feat after scoring 15 runs in the IPL 2019 opener against Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Archana Kamath bags silver in Oman Open :
- Indian paddler Archana Kamath clinched a silver medal in the under-21 women’s singles section of the Seamaster ITTF Challenge Plus 2019 Oman Open table tennis tournament, at Muscat.
- Ninth-seed Archana reached her first under-21 international final, where she lost to Japan’s top-seed Satsuki Odo of Japan 11-7, 11-8, 11-6.
World Meteorological Day is being observed on March 23 :
- March 23 is being observed as the World Meteorological Day annually all over the world.This is to commemorate the establishment of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) in 1950.
- The theme 2019 was “The Sun, the Earth and the Weather”. The day also underlines the efforts of National Meteorological and Hydrological Services for the safety and well-being of society.
International Day for Achievers : 24th March
- International Day for Achievers (IDA) observed on 24th March every year to honor the achievers who have shown determination and confidence on their journey.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.