DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: MARCH 8, 2019
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: MARCH 8, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (March 8, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
e-Dharti App has been Launched by Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Puri :
- Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Puri launched e-Dharti app where all the three modules- Conversion, Substitution and Mutation related to properties have been made online.
- He had also launched e-Dharti GeoPortal, through which the lessee of the property will be able to see the basic details of property along with map showing its location.
- The payment system in Land and Development Office, L&DO has also been completely digitized.The public can now submit their applications online by visiting the L&DO website and are not required to visit this office for submission of them and for follow up of their applications.
Odisha govt announces financial assistance for craftsmen :
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched the scheme ‘Mukhya Mantri Karigar Sahayata’ for financial assistance to craftsmen. The nodal department of the scheme is the Directorate of handicrafts.
- Craftsmen with over 10 years of experience and annual income below Rs 1 lakh would become eligible to get an assistance of Rd 800 a month and those above 80 years of age, would get Rs 1,000 monthly allowance.
STATIC : Odisha
CM: Naveen Patnaik
Governor: Ganeshi Lal
WCD signs MoU with Skill Development Ministry to provide skills training to women :
- The Women and Child Development Ministry and the Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Ministry entered into an agreement to provide skills training and employment to women.
- The agreement was signed in the presence of WCD Minister Maneka Gandhi and Skill Development Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.The agreement would train thousands of women and promote self-employment or wage employment.
Delhi government launches ‘One Delhi’ app to track bus, metro services :
- Delhi Transport Minister Kailash Gahlot has launched a common mobility app named ‘One Delhi’ that provides information on public transport systems including buses and the metro. It shows bus or metro routes, nearest bus stops, fares and gives arrival information in real time.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
Kummanam Rajasekharan quits as Mizoram Governor :
- Mizoram Governor Kummanam Rajasekharan has stepped down from his post, fuelling speculation that he will be fielded as the BJP candidate in the Thiruvananthapuram Lok Sabha constituency.
- Assam Governor Jagdish Mukhi has been given temporary charge of the Aizawl Raj Bhavan.
Chief Minister: Zoramthanga.
Ausaf Sayeed appointed as ambassador to Saudi Arabia :
- IFS officer Ausaf Sayeed appointed India’s new ambassador to Saudi Arabia.Sayeed, who is from the Indian Foreign Service’s 1989 batch, succeeds Ahmad Javed, who had been serving as envoy to Saudi Arabia from December 2015.
- He has served as Ambassador to Yemen and Consul General of India in Chicago and Jeddah.
UNDP Appoints Padma Lakshmi As Its Goodwill Ambassador :
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) announced Indian-American television personality and food expert Padma Lakshmi as their Goodwill Ambassador, supporting the agency’s fight against inequality and discrimination.
3 Jharkhand districts top in Niti Aayog’s development ranking :
- Three Jharkhand districts Chatra, Sahibganj and Hazaribagh have topped in the ranking of aspirational districts by Niti Aayog for the December 2018-January 2019 period.
- Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant released the list of 112 aspirational districts across six developmental areas.Sonbhadra (UP), Sahibganj and Chatra (Jharkhand) emerged as the top three ranking districts on the education parameter.
Mumbai world’s 16th most costly prime residential market: Knight Frank Report :
- According to Knight Frank report Mumbai, the financial capital of the country, is the 16th most expensive prime residential market in the world.
- The Mumbai is the only Indian city to feature in the global top 20 list of expensive prime residential markets recorded in The Wealth Report 2019.
BANKING & ECONOMY
World Bank to grant 250 Million dollars for NRETP to boost Rural incomes in India :
- The World Bank and Government of India signed an agreement, in order to provide a boost to rural income across 13 states on India, World Bank shall provide $250 million support to the National Rural Economic Transformation Project (NRETP).
- The Agreement was signed in New Delhi by Mr. Sameer Kumar Khare, Additional Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, on behalf of the Government of India and Mr. Hisham Abdo, Acting Country Director, World Bank India.
World Bank to provide Rs 2,200 crores for a healthcare project to Andhra Pradesh :
- The World Bank decided to provide a loan of Rs. 2200 crores ($328-million) to Andhra Pradesh for implementation of the AP Health Systems Strengthening Project (APHSSP).
- The loan agreement was signed between the Government of India, government of Andhra Pradesh and the World Bank.The project aims to improve the quality of healthcare, availability and accessibility of primary health services to the majority population of the state.
- The agreement was signed by Bandana Preyashi, director, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance (GoI), Poonam Malakondaiah, Special Chief Secretary (Medical and Health, AP government) and Mohini Kak and Kari L Hurt, representatives of World Bank in India.
STATIC: Andhra Pradesh
Chief Minister- N. Chandrababu Naidu
Governor- E. S. L. Narasimhan
AWARDS & HONOURS
President to Present Nari Shakti Awards on Women’s Day :
- Governments, NGOs and other organisations across the world observe the International Womens day on 8th of March every year to highlight the achievements of women.
- President Ram Nath Kovind will present the highest civilian honour for women in India, Nari Shakti Puraskar 2018 in New Delhi.
Japanese architect Arata Isozaki wins Pritzker Prize :
- Japanese architect Arata Isozaki, who integrated the East and West in his creative designs has been honoured with Pritzker Architecture Prize 2019,which is the highest international honour in the field of architecture.
- The prize was announced by the jury of the Hyatt Foundation.He is the 8th Japanese to be honoured with this award.
Indore bags cleanest city award for 3rd straight year under Swachh Survekshan, 2019 :
- Indore has bagged the cleanest city award for third straight year under Swachh Survekshan, 2019. President Ram Nath Kovind presented Swachh Survekhshan-2019 Awards in New Delhi.
- Swachh Survekshan 2019 covered all Urban Local Bodies in the country, making it the largest such cleanliness survey in the world.
- New Delhi Municipal Council area got the cleanest small city award.Uttarakhand’s Gauchar was adjudged the Best Ganga Town in the survey.
Kylie Jenner Becomes the World’s Youngest Self-Made Billionaire :
- According to the Forbes magazine report , Kylie Jenner the founder of Kylie Cosmetics, has become the world’s youngest self-made billionaire after her company signed an exclusive partnership with Ulta Beauty Inc.
- The credit of this success goes to her company Kylie Cosmetics which introduced the popular Kylie Lip kit.
Former Zimbabwe Cricket Director Banned For 10 Years By ICC :
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has banned former Zimbabwe Cricket director Enock Ikope for a period of 10 years for the offence of breaching 3 ICC’s anti-corruption codes.
- He is the second person from the Harare Metropolitan Cricket Association to be punished by the ICC, the first being Rajan Nayer who was banned from cricket for 20 years for his involvement in match fixing.
Jerry Merryman, Inventor of the World’s First Pocket Calculator, Dies at 86:
- Jerry Merryman, one of three people at Texas Instruments (TI) credited with inventing the world’s first handheld electronic calculator in 1960s, died at the age of 86 years at Dallas, Texas.
International Women’s Day is being observed on March 8 :
- International Women’s Day is observed across the world on March 8. It is a global day that celebrates social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women.
- The theme for this year’s women’s day is ‘Think Equal, Build Smart, Innovate for Change’.
- International Women’s Day 2019 campaign theme:#BalanceforBetter.The 2019 initiative is aimed at gender equality, a greater awareness of discrimination and a celebration of women’s achievements, according to the International Women’s Day website.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.