DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : November 12, 2019
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : November 12, 2019
Dear Bankersdaily Team,
Daily Current Affairs (November 12, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
Gujarat government gives nod for world’s first CNG port terminal at Bhavnagar
- Gujarat Government has given its nod to the world’s first CNG port terminal at Bhavnagar.
- The U.K. based Foresight group and Mumbai based Padmanabh Mafatlal group joint venture will invest Rs.1900 crore to set up a CNG port terminal at Bhavnagar port.
- Gujarat Infrastructure Development Board- GIDB under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has also approved this proposal.
- The proposed CNG port terminal will have annual capacity of 6 million matric tone, which will increased the total handling capacity of the port to 9 million matric tones. Memorandum of Understanding- MoU for this project between Gujarat government arm Gujarat Maritime Board and London based Foresight Group was signed during the 2019 Vibrant Gujarat summit.
11.35 lakh Golden Cards issued under Ayushman Bharat-PMJAY in J&K
- In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, 11.35 lakh Golden Cards have been issued under Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) till date, against the target of 31 lakh, which is the highest number in the country.
- This was revealed in a meeting convened by Lieutenant Governor Girish Chandra Murmu in Jammu while reviewing the Health and Medical Education sector and also the externally aided projects being executed by the Economic Reconstruction Agency.
The NCR Regional Plan for 2041 is likely to be ready within two years
- The NCR Regional Plan for 2041 is likely to be ready within two years and would focus on how to make cities citizen-centric, improve livability, environmental sustainability and disaster resilience, said Housing and Urban Affairs Secretary Durga Shanker Mishra.
- Setting the agenda for the conclave on National Capital Region -2041, organised by the National Capital Region Planning Board (NCRPB), Mishra said that only plans with crucial factors like economic ability and sustainability can succeed.
550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev, Kartik Poornima is celebrated
- The 550th birth anniversary of the first Sikh guru and founder of Sikhism Guru Nanak Dev is being celebrated as Prakash Parv. Guru Nanak Dev was born on the full moon day of Kartik month or Kartik Poornima in 1469.
- Devotees organise langar at various places on this occasion. Dev Deepawali is also celebrated on the full moon night of the month of Kartik.
- President Ram Nath Kovind took part in the festivities at Sultanpur Lodhi in Kapurthala district of Punjab. Guru Nanak Dev Ji spent more than 15 years at Sultanpur Lodhi, where he attained enlightenment.
PM of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina inaugurated 1st edition of 3 Day – Dhaka Global Dialogue.
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in her address said that friendship to all, malice to none is the main principle of Bangladesh’s foreign policy.
- Foreign Minister of Bangladesh Dr A.K. Abdul Momen said that the strategic location of the country gives it an advantage on which it needs to build further.
- Bangladesh loses almost 2 percent of its GDP annually due to climate change issues but Bangladesh is an example of adaptive resilience which could be emulated by other countries in the world.
- The three day long programme is being jointly organised by the Observer Research Foundation (ORF) and the Bangladesh Institute of International and Strategic Studies (BIISS).
- Over 150 delegates from 50 countries are participating in the conference to discuss some of the most pressing global imperatives in the context of the Indo-pacific region.
Bolivian President Evo Morales resigns amid turmoil
- The President of Bolivia, Evo Morales, has resigned amid turmoil following his disputed re-election last month. He has been in power for nearly 14 years. He left the post after losing the support of the army and the police. The head of the army had called on him to go after protests over his election win. Auditors found irregularities with the poll but Evo Morales said he had been the victim of a coup.
- The Vice-President, Alvaro Garcia Linera and Senate President Adriana Salvatierra, also resigned. Bolivia has been rattled by weeks of anti-government protests following the reports of election fraud.
BANKING AND BUSINESS ECONOMY
Urban cooperative banks’ business size may be capped at Rs 20,000 cr
- The Ministry of Finance and Reserve Bank of India (RBI) plans to introduce change in the regulatory and business topography of urban co-operative banks (UCBs) after the blowout at the Punjab and Maharashtra Bank (PMC). New regulatory framework
- The new regulatory framework for urban co-operative banks (UCBs) is expected to stipulate a threshold business size of Rs 20,000 crore, beyond which it will not be life as usual for these entities.
HSBC and RBS set to launch new digital banking platforms
- British banking heavyweights HSBC and RBS are launching new digital banking platforms, as competition for digitally savvy customers steps up in the face of a wave of online startups.
- HSBC rolled out a new app-based business banking service – previously known internally as ‘Project Iceberg’ and now named ‘HSBC Kinetic’ – in beta testing mode ,while RBS is putting the finishing touches to its new digital bank Bo ahead of a public roll-out later this month.
Mohammad Imran appointed Bangladesh High Commissioner to India
- Mohammad Imran has been appointed as the new High Commissioner of Bangladesh to India. He is currently Bangladesh’s Ambassador to United Arab Emirates. He succeeds Syed Muazzem Ali.
- A career diplomat Muhammad Imran belongs to the 1986 batch of Bangladesh Civil Service (BCS) Foreign Affairs cadre. He has served Bangladesh Missions in different capacities in Kolkata, Berlin, Bonn, Ottawa and Jeddah. He has also been Bangladesh’s Ambassador to Uzbekistan.
Former Union Secretary PS Krishnan passes away in New Delhi
- Former Union Secretary PS Krishnan passed away in New Delhi. Krishnan, who is considered as a champion of the oppressed people in India, played a crucial role in helping the VP Singh government to implement the Mandal Commission report.
- Krishnan, a retired IAS official, had also served as a member of the National SC/ST commission.
Public Service Broadcasting Day being celebrated
- Public Service Broadcasting Day is being celebrated every year to commemorate the first and only visit of the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi, to the studio of All India Radio, Delhi in 1947.
- The Father of the Nation addressed the displaced people, who had temporarily settled at Kurukshetra in Haryana after partition.
- He said incidentally, the day also marks the 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev ji.
- He said, Prasar Bharati has been given the responsibility of public service broadcasting, deepen the democratic traditions and provide opportunities to all diverse communities and cultures.
- He reiterated that Prasar Bharati will continue to strive to do that for the people.
World Pneumonia Day is celebrated on Nov 12
- This year in 2019, the 10th anniversary of World Pneumonia Day will be going to celebrate to fight against pneumonia.
- World Pneumonia Day was established in 2009 by the Global Coalition against Child Pneumonia. This year the Theme is “Healthy Lungs for all”.
Javelin thrower Sundar Singh wins gold in World Para Athletics Championships
- Javelin thrower Sundar Singh Gurjar has won India’s second gold defending his World Para Athletics Championships title in the men’s F46 javelin throw event in Dubai. With this, India has secured three Tokyo Paralympic Games quota, along with the bronze winner Ajeet Singh and Rinku.
- Gurjar came up with his season’s best effort of 61.22m to claim the top spot.
- Singh sent the spear to a distance of 59.46m to clinch the bronze while Rinku finished fourth.
- While, Yogesh Kathuniya added a silver for India in men’s discus throw F56 event with a best throw of 42.05m .
- India now have two gold, two silver and a bronze in the Championships.
How to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz in Exam Format? Follow the below-given steps.
>> Click the Below link
Download TNPSC Group II Test Schedule (Race Institute & Bankersdaily) : http://bit.ly/RaceTNPSCGroup2
Download Bankersdaily Android App: http://bit.ly/2S83yQR
TNPSC Group II & Group II A New Syllabus : http://bankersdaily.in/tnpsc-group-2-group-2-a-merged-2019-new-syllabus-released/
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.