DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : November 11, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (November 11, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
India registers 26.9 per cent decline in Maternal Mortality Rate since 2013: SRS Bulletin
- India has registered a 26.9 per cent reduction in Maternal Mortality Ratio (MMR) since 2013, according to the Sample Registration System Bulletin-2016 released on Thursday. The decline in MMR has been from 77 to 72 per 100,000 live births among southern states and in the other states, from 93 to 90, it stated.
- The ratio has declined from 167 in 2011-2013 to 130 in 2014-2016 and to 122 in 2015-17, registering a 6.15 per cent reduction since the last survey figures of 2014-2016, according to the special bulletin of the Office of the Registrar General.
Iran discovers new oil field with over 50 billion barrels
- Iran has discovered a new oil field in the country’s south with over 50 billion barrels of crude, that could boost the country’s proven reserves by a third as it struggles to sell energy abroad over US sanctions.
- The announcement by Hassan Rouhani comes as Iran faces crushing American sanctions after the US pulled out of its nuclear deal with world powers last year.
- Hassan Rouhani made the announcement in a speech in the desert city of Yazd. He said the field was located in Iran’s southern Khuzestan province, home to its crucial oil industry.
- Some 53 billion barrels would be added to Iran’s proven reserves of roughly 150 billion.
BANKING AND BUSINESS ECONOMY
Karnataka Gramin Bank initiates ‘mobile ATMs’ to push digitisation in rural areas
- In a move to boost digitisation in rural areas, the Karnataka Gramin Bank (KGB) has launched ‘mobile ATMs’ in Kalaburagi among several other districts in the state.
- The special vehicle includes an ATM and a screen to show videos of different banking schemes.
GOVERNMENT SCHEMES AND MOUS
Cabinet approved the setting up of four medical device parks
- The government has given approval for setting up four medical device parks with a view to support Make in India initiative and provide world-class products at affordable price for treatment.
- The four parks will be set up in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Kerala, Both Uttarakhand and Gujarat have also approached the Centre for a go-ahead for such parks.
Railways’ 1st private train Tejas posts Rs 70 lakh profit in first month of operation
- CTC’s Tejas Express has made a profit of around Rs 70 lakh till October this year while earning revenue of nearly Rs 3.70 crore through sale of tickets, signalling a steady start for the Railways’ first “privately” run train.
- The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation’s Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express is part of the Railways’ bid to develop 50 railway stations of world-class standards and allowing private passenger train operators to run 150 trains on its network.
- The train has run with an average occupancy of 80-85 per cent since it began operations on October 5.
27th Conference of Central and State Statistical Organizations (COCSSO) inaugurated at Kolkata, West Bengal
- Prof. Bimal K Roy, Chairman, National Statistical Commission inaugurated the 27th Conference of Central and State Statistical Organizations (COCSSO) at Kolkata, West Bengal .
- 27th COCSSO is a Conference organized by MoSPI, Government of India every year. COCSSO is a major national forum for coordination between the Central and State Statistical Agencies with the objectives of putting in coordinated efforts for making available reliable and timely statistics to planners and policy makers.
- This year the Theme is Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Shri Anjani Kumar appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Mali
- The Ministry of external affairs (MEA) announced Anjani Kumar was the next ambassador of India to the Republic of Mali.
- He is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) Officer of batch 2003. He will replace Pradeep Kumar Gupta.
Sanjay Karol takes oath as chief justice of Patna high court
- Justice Sanjay Karol took oath as the Chief Justice of Patna High Court. The oath was administered by Bihar Governor Phagu Chauhan at Raj Bhavan here.
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi were present at the oath-taking ceremony besides other dignitaries. Justice Karol was earlier the chief justice of Tripura High Court.
AP Sahi Sworn-in Madras High Court Chief Justice After Vijaya Tahilramani’s Resignation
- Justice Amreshwar Pratap Sahi was sworn-in the Chief Justice of the Madras High Court. Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit administered the oath-of-office to Sahi during the swearing-in ceremony held at the Raj Bhavan in the presence of Chief Minister K Palaniswami, Assembly speaker P Dhanapal and senior government officials.
- Prior to the current posting, Sahi was the Chief Justice of the Patna High Court.
- Sahi succeeds Vijaya Tahilramani who had resigned as chief justice after the Supreme Court collegium declined her request for a reconsideration of her transfer to Meghalaya.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Writer and translator Shanta Gokhale to receive Tata Literature Live! Lifetime Achievement Award
- The Tata Literature Live! Lifetime Achievement Award for 2019 was conferred on writer, translator and film critic Shanta Gokhale. Poet K Satchidanandan was named the Tata Literature Live! Poet Laureate for 2019.
- “Both these awards recognise an exceptional body of work which has made a significant impact in the Indian literary field,”
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Newly Discovered Species of Spider Named After Sachin Tendulkar
- Dhruv Prajapati, a junior researcher with the Gujarat Ecological Education & Research (GEER) Foundation, discovered two new species of spiders and named one after Tendulkar as Marengo Sachintendulkar because Sachin happens to be his favourite cricketer and the other after Saint Kuriakose Elias Chavara, who played a key role in creating awareness on education in Kerala.
Padma Shri awardee Dhrupad maestro Ramakant Gundecha passes away in Bhopal
- Padma Shri awardee Dhrupad maestro Ramakant Gundecha passed away in Madhya Pradesh capital Bhopal.
- The Gundecha brothers, founders of Bhopal’s Gurukul Drupad Sansthan, are known for reviving and performing the dhrupad, one of the oldest forms of Hindustani music.
- The brothers were awarded the Padma Shri together in 2012. Practitioners of the Dagarvani style of dhrupad, they trained under stalwarts, Zia Fariddudin Dagar and his brother Zia Mohiuddin Dagar.
Nation celebrating National Education Day on NOV 11
- This day is observed every year in India to commemorate the Birth Anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the first Education Minister of independent India.
- Union Minister for Human Resource Development Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank is interacting with the students of Kendriya Vidyalaya from across the nation through video conferencing.
- To take education to every doorstep of India, the Minister will be launching SWAYAM 2.0 .SWAYAM is a programme initiated by the government to provide the best teaching-learning resources to all.
Yuzvendra Chahal beats Jasprit Bumrah and R Ashwin to become fastest Indian man to 50 T20I wickets
- India wrist-spinner Yuzvendra Chahal became the 3rd Indian men’s bowler to scalp 50 T20I wickets.
- When Chahal dismissed Mahmudullah for 8 in Nagpur during the 3rd T20I vs Bangladesh, he joined R Ashwin (52) and Jasprit Bumrah (51) on the exclusive list.
- Playing his 34th T20I, however, Chahal is the fastest among Indians to the landmark of 50 T20I wickets, beating Bumrah (41) and Ashwin who took 42 matches to get there.
How to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz in Exam Format? Follow the below-given steps.
>> Click the Below link
Download Bankersdaily Android App: http://bit.ly/2S83yQR
TNPSC Group II & Group II A New Syllabus : http://bankersdaily.in/tnpsc-group-2-group-2-a-merged-2019-new-syllabus-released/
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.