DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : November 13, 2019
Dear Bankersdaily Team,
Daily Current Affairs (November 13, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
President’s Rule has been imposed in Maharashtra as political parties failed to prove majority
- Nineteen days after the people of Maharashtra gave a clear mandate to BJP-Shiv Sena alliance, Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari moved to impose President’s Rule as all parties, including NCP, failed to prove majority in the assembly.
- The President’s Rule, imposed after due clearance from the Union Cabinet and President Ram Nath Kovind, has given an additional six months to the key actors in Maharashtra power play to redraw strategies and reassign allegiances.
Air Chief RKS Bhadauria to inaugurate ISAM Conference in Bengaluru
- Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria will inaugurate the 58th Indian Society of Aerospace Medicine (ISAM) Annual Conference which aims to address contemporary issues and applications in the subject of aerospace medicine.
- The event will take place at the Institute of Aerospace Medicine, Indian Air Force, Bengaluru.
- The theme for this year’s conference is ‘Changing Paradigms in Aerospace Healthcare’,
The 7th edition of the North East Festival was held in New Delhi
- The 7th edition of the North East Festival concluded at Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) lawns in New Delhi.
- The festival which is an annual kaleidoscope of the northeast culture, fashion, food, art, and music is organized every year to showcase and create awareness about northeast people in the country.
- Kiren Rijiju, Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports graced the occasion during the inaugural ceremony.
Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurates the India Pavilion at the ADIPEC
- Union Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Steel Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated the India Pavilion at the Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference (ADIPEC).
- The India Pavilion has been set up by 9 Indian Oil & Gas companies from the upstream, midstream, downstream and engineering segments, along with Federation of Indian Petroleum Industry (FIPI), Directorate General of Hydrocarbons (DGH) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
India-US tri-services exercise ‘Tiger Triumph’ to begin in Vizag
- The first India-US joint tri-services Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) exercise ”Tiger Triumph” will begin in Visakhapatnam from November 13.
- Indian Naval ships Jalashwa, Airavat and Sandhayak, Indian Army troops from 19 Madras and 7 Guards, and Indian Air Force MI-17 helicopters and Rapid Action Medical Team (RAMT) will be part of the exercise.
- The United States will be represented by Navy Ship Germantown with troops from the US Third Marine Division. The Exercise is aimed at developing interoperability for conducting HADR operations.
Thomas Dennerby Appointed Head Coach Of India’s U-17 Women’s World Cup Team
- Sweden’s Thomas Dennerby was appointed as the head coach of the Indian women’s team for the FIFA U-17 World Cup, bringing with him plenty of success he had tasted with various national squads.
- The 60-year-old UEFA Pro Diploma holder comes with a rich coaching experience of 30 years in which he guided Sweden women’s national team to a third-place finish in the FIFA World Cup in 2011, and a quarterfinal spot in the 2012 London Olympics.
- His last assignment was with the Nigerian women’s national team, coaching the Super Falcons to the 2019 FIFA World Cup.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Ankur Ranjan Phukan was awarded with the Munin Barkotoki Literary Award 2019
- The Munin Barkotoki Memorial Trust has selected young poet Ankur Ranjan Phukan and short story writer Monoranjan Bori for the Munin Barkotoki Literary Award 2019.
- The award recognized the manuscripts Ankur Ranjan Phukan’s Khando-ta and Monoranjan Bori’s Moh-jokh. The award aims to encourage young and promising writers in the Assamese.
- The award carries a cash prize of Rs. 50,000, along with a citation and a plaque.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Tiny deer-like animal thought lost to science photographed for first time in 30 years
- A tiny deer-like creature about the size of a rabbit has been photographed in the wild for the first time in three decades in southern Vietnam, delighting conservationists who feared the species was extinct.
- The silver-backed chevrotain, also called the Vietnamese mouse deer, was last recorded more than 25 years ago when a team of Vietnamese and Russian researchers obtained a dead chevrotain from a hunter.
George Schaller lifetime award for Ullas Karanth
- Wildlife biologist K. Ullas Karanth, Director, Centre for Wildlife Studies, Bengaluru, was awarded the George Schaller Lifetime Award in Wildlife Conservation Science for his contribution to the field of conservation.
- He is the first recipient of the award instituted by the Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS), New York, in honour of Dr George Schaller, who is considered one of the greatest wildlife scientists and conservationists globally.
- K. Ullas Karanth was honoured with various awards, which includes Padma Shri award (2012), Karnataka Government’s Rajyothsava Award (2010) etc.
Saurabh Chaudhary wins silver medal in Men’s 10m air pistol event at Asian Championship
- Saurabh Chaudhary claimed the silver medal in men’s 10m air pistol event to continue India’s surge at the 14th Asian Championship in Doha.
- World Cup and Asian Games gold-medallist shot 244.5 to finish second on the podium behind North Korea’s Kim Song Guk, who won the top prize with a world record 246.5. Iran’s Foroughi Javed bagged the bronze.
- The trio of Chaudhary, Verma and Sharvan Kumar bagged the team bronze with a total of 1740 in the qualifying, finishing behind China (1745) and Korea (1744). Both Chaudhary and Verma had already secured their Olympic quotas in the earlier competitions.
How to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz in Exam Format? Follow the below-given steps.
>> Click the Below link
Download Bankersdaily Android App: http://bit.ly/2S83yQR
TNPSC Group II & Group II A New Syllabus : http://bankersdaily.in/tnpsc-group-2-group-2-a-merged-2019-new-syllabus-released/
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.