DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: NOVEMBER 27, 2018
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: NOVEMBER 27, 2018
Daily Current Affairs ( November 27, 2018) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness , Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
India, ADB ink $200 mn loan pact to improve Bihar’s state highways:
- The Indian government and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a $200-million loan agreement for improving Bihar’s state highways.
- Under the agreement , ADB would provide the loan to finance the widening and upgrading of about 230 km of state highways in Bihar to all-weather standards with road safety features.
- The agreement was signed by Additional Secretary in the Finance Ministry Sameer Kumar Khare and Officer-in-Charge of ADB’s India Resident Mission, Rajeev P. Singh in New Delhi.
Head-Quarters : Mandaluyong, Philippines
President : Takehiko Nakao
Capital : Patna
Chief Minister : Nitish Kumar
Governor : Lalji Tandon
CHILD FESTIVAL ‘HAUSLA-2018’ inaugurated in New Delhi:
- The National Festival for Children of Child Care Institutions (CCIs)- “Hausla 2018” of the Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) was inaugurated by the Secretary, Shri Rakesh Srivastava in New Delhi.The theme for the event is “Child Safety”.
- In this festival Children will be participating in various events like Debate, painting competition, athletics meet, football, chess competition and Safe Neighborhood Day.
Women and Child Development Minister: Smt. Maneka Gandhi.
Bihar CM Nitish Kumar unveils 70 ft tall Lord Buddha’s statue in Rajgir
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar unveiled a 70-feet tall statue of Lord Buddha at Rajgir in Nalanda district .
- Mr Kumar unveiled the statue of Lord Buddha, the second tallest statue of Buddha in the country, in the presence of Mahabodhi temple’s chief monk Bhante Chalinda amid the chanting of hymns.
- The statue has been installed above a 16-metre radius pedestal in the middle of Lake Ghora Katora. It is made of pink sandstone.
Ohio becomes first U.S. state to accept Bitcoin for tax payments:
- Ohio is now the first U.S. state to accept tax payments in the form of cryptocurrency.The state will use BitPay, a cryptocurrency global payment system, to complete the process.
- The launch of OhioCrypto.com, which will allow citizens to pay taxes with Bitcoin. Businesses in the US state of Ohio can now pay their taxes using Bitcoin (BTC), marking the first state within the nation to officially accept cryptocurrencies to pay for such transactions.
India, China amend Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement to prevent evasion:
- India and China amended their bilateral Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) to prevent tax evasion through exchange of information.The protocol updated the existing provisions for information exchange to the latest international standards.
- It also incorporated changes required to implement treaty-related minimum standards under the Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) action reports.
BANKING & ECONOMY
RBI eases hedging norms for external commercial borrowings by reducing provision to 70% from current 100%:
- The Reserve Bank relaxed norms for external commercial borrowings (ECBs) by reducing the mandatory hedging provision to 70% from the current 100%.
- The relaxed norms will apply to the ECBs with a maturity period between 3 and 5 years.
- The RBI also clarified that the ECBs raised prior to this circular will be required to mandatorily roll over their existing hedge only to the extent of 70% of outstanding ECB exposure
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
NASA’s InSight lander has touched down on Mars
- After seven months of traveling through space, the NASA InSight mission has landed on Mars . The 360-kg lander also shared its first photo from Mars, showing an area called Elysium Planitia, where it will dig five meters below the surface.InSight will study the interior of Mars.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine
Interior Exploration using Seismic Investigations, Geodesy and Heat Transport : InSight
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
Sunil Arora to be next Chief Election Commissioner:
- President Ram Nath Kovind appointed Sunil Arora as the new Chief Election Commissioner (CEC), replacing OP Rawat.Arora will take charge on December 2.
- Arora previously served as the Election Commissioner last year to fill the vacancy created by former CEC Nasim Zaidi’s retirement.
WhatsApp Chief Business Officer Neeraj Arora quits company:
- WhatsApp’s chief business officer Neeraj Arora has quit the company.Arora has been with WhatsApp since 2011 for the last seven years.The company recently appointed Abhijit Bose as India head.
- An alumnus of the Indian School of Business (ISB), Arora played a key role in closing the acquisition of WhatsApp. He worked with Google before joining WhatsApp.
Saina Nehwal wins silver at Syed Modi International 2018:
- Olympic medallist Saina Nehwal settled for silver, while Sameer Verma beat China’s Guangzu Lu to retain the Syed Modi International World Tour Super 300 tournament in Lucknow.
- This was Verma’s third title in the ongoing year following his victories at the Swiss and Hyderabad Open. It helped him surpass Kenta Nishimoto at World No.8 and seal his spot in the year-ending BWF World Tour Finals.
IMPORTANT DAYS :
National Cadets Corps (NCC) DAY : 4th Sunday of November
- Every year fourth sunday of november month will be celebrated as the NCC (National Cadets Corps) day, which was formed by the National Cadet Corps Act of 1948 on 15th July 1948.
- The motto for the NCC is “Unity and Discipline”.
National Milk Day : November 26
- To acknowledge the contribution of the ‘Father of White Revolution’, Dr Verghese Kurien towards Milk Revolution in the country, India celebrates National Milk Day every year on November 26.
- National Milk Day is dedicated to Dr Verghese Kurien who was the architect of Operation Flood, the programme which led India from being 50th in the world in terms of milk production to become the largest producer in just a couple of decades.
National Constitution Day is being celebrated on November 26:
- November 26 is celebrated as the Constitution Day or the Samvidhan Day of India.
- It is celebrated to mark Ambedkar’s birth anniversary remembering his contribution in the formation of the Constitution of India.
Indian Organ Donation Day is being observed on November 27:
- Indian Organ Donation Day is being observed on November 27.‘8th Indian Organ Donation Day’ is organised by the National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organization (NOTTO) in Delhi.
- The best performing State of Tamil Nadu was also felicitated. The State of Maharashtra received an award for being the best State for promoting awareness of organ donations.
Oscar-winning director Bernardo Bertolucci dies at 77:
- Italian film-maker Oscar-Winning director Bernardo Bertolucci of The Last Emperor, died in Rome . He was 77.Bertolucci’s epic drama The Last Emperor won nine Oscars.
Important Awards won by Bernardo Bertolucci
1. 2011: Honorary Palme d’Or at Cannes Film Festival
2. 1987: Academy Award for Best Director (The Last Emperor)
3. 1987: Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay (The Last Emperor)
4. 1987: Golden Globe Award for Best Director (for The The Last Emperor)
5. 1987: Golden Globe Award for Best Screenplay (for The Last Emperor)
Aspirants can check the Whole planner of IBPS CLERK Prelims Exam 2018 from the below given link.