Daily Current Affairs : November 7, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (November 7, 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Also, Don’t forget to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz – November 7, 2020 now @ our Bankersdaily Tests.
Infant Protection Day- November 7:
- Infant Protection Day is observed every day on November 07. The main purpose of celebrating this day is to spread awareness about the safety of infants and protect their lives by taking proper care of infants. Many children died due to lack of proper protection and proper care of new-borns around the world.
National Cancer Awareness Day- November 7:
- National Cancer Awareness Day is observed annually on November 7. To spread awareness on cancer, its symptoms and treatment. The day was first observed in 2014 as and when announced by the union health minister Dr Harsh Vardhan. The day coincides with the birth anniversary of scientist Marie Curie (Marie Skłodowska Curie), winner of the 1903 Nobel Prize in Physics.
Vice President launches ‘International Satavadhanam’ event, a unique literary feat:
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu has observed that ‘avadhanam’ as a literary feat has greatly contributed to the Telugu language’s glorious tradition. ‘Avadhanam’ is like a test of the poet’s literary prowess and scholarship.
- This extraordinary feat, a historical and unique feature of only a few languages, should be further promoted, the Vice President advised.
PM Modi Chairs Virtual Global Investor Roundtable (VGIR) 2020 Conference:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired the Virtual Global Investor Roundtable (VGIR) 2020 aimed at attracting investment in the country. The conference focused on discussions around India’s economic and investment outlook, structural reforms, and the government’s vision for making the country a $5 trillion economy.
- The Virtual Global Investor Roundtable (VGIR) was organized by the Ministry of Finance and the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund. These global institutional investors represent key regions including the US, Europe, Canada, Korea, Japan, Middle East, Australia and Singapore.
Karnataka government signs agreement with Tata Technologies to upgrade 150 Government ITIs:
- Government of Karnataka entered into an agreement with Tata Technologies to upgrade and modernize 150 Government ITIs (Industrial Training Institute) at a cost of INR 4, 636.50 Crores to create increased employment opportunities to youth of the state.
- The Agreement was signed in the presence of Chief Minister B. S. Yediyurappa, President, Asia Pacific, Tata Technologies, Anand Bhade, and Secretary to Government, Department of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship and Livelihood, S Selvakumar in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief Minister: B. S. Yeddyurappa
- Governor: VajubhaiVala
- National Park: Anshi NP, Kudremukh NP, Bandipur NP, Bannerghatta NP, Rajiv Gandhi (Nagarahole) NP.
Kottoor elephant rehabilitation centre in kerala set to become largest care centre in the world:
- Elephant Rehabilitation Centre at Kottoor in Thiruvananthapuram, kerala is set to become the largest care and cure centre for elephants in the world.
- The first phase of the Elephant Rehabilitation Centre will be commissioned in February 2021. The project is being implemented at a cost of Rs 108 crore with funding from Kerala Infrastructure Investment Fund Board (KIIFB). The centre has facilities to accommodate 50 elephants including the existing 16 elephants.
Kerala Finance Minister T M Thomas Isaac launches the UNDP-powered accelerator programme for social impact startups:
- Kerala Finance Minister Dr T M Thomas Isaac has launched Green Innovation Fund, a six-month fund-linked accelerator programme for social impact startups, as a joint initiative of the Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM), the Haritha Keralam Mission and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), India.
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor: Arif Mohammed Khan.
Himachal Pradesh CM Jai Ram Thakur launches website of Atal Medical and Research University:
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur launched the website of Atal Medical and Research University, Ner Chowk Mandi through video conferencing from Shimla.
- The University was established under the State University Health Sciences Act 2017 on June 23, 2018. In the year 2019, it was named Atal University of Medical Sciences and Research. The aim of its establishment is to provide qualitative health care and education.
- Capital: Shimla
- Chief Minister: Jai Ram Thakur
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya
- National Parks: Inderkila National Park, Simbalbara National Park, Great Himalayan National Park, Pin Valley National Park, Khirganga National Park.
Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar chairs ‘India CEO Forum on Climate Change’ virtually:
- Union Minister of Environment, Prakash Javadekar while virtually chairing the ‘India CEO Forum of Climate Change’ highlighted that climate change is an important issue which needs the attention of the world leaders.
- It focuses on sustainable partnership between Government and private sector in the field of climate change.
Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan chaired 4th High-level meet of the India-OPEC Energy Dialogue:
- Union Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Steel, Dharmendra Pradhan Co-chaired along with Secretary General OPEC, HE Mohammed Sanusi Barkindo, the 4th High-level meeting of the India-OPEC Energy Dialogue, and the first meeting of this Institutional Dialogue since the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- It was informed that the next High-Level Meeting of the OPEC-India Dialogue will be held in 2021, and if possible in person, in New Delhi.
India and Italy virtually sign 15 agreements in various sectors:
- India and Italy signed 15 agreements in various sectors following a Virtual Bilateral Summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Italian counterpart Giuseppe Conte. The agreements signed will provide for cooperation in a diverse range of areas including energy, green energy, shipbuilding and media sector.
Banking and Economy:
RBI announces Co-lending scheme for banks and NBFCs for priority sector:
- Reserve Bank India came out with a Co-Lending Model (CLM) scheme under which banks can provide loans along with NBFCs to priority sector borrowers based on a prior agreement to improve the credit flow to the underserved sections. It is a joint lending process in which risks and rewards are shared.
- CLM is an improvement over the co-origination of loan scheme announced by the RBI in September 2018, seeks to provide greater flexibility to the lending institutions. NBFCs shall be required to retain a minimum of 20% share of the individual loans on their books.”
SEBI increases Overseas Investment limits for Mutual Funds to USD 600 million:
- Markets regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has enhanced foreign investment limit for individual fund houses to USD 600 million from USD 300 million at present.
- Mutual Funds can make investments in overseas Exchange Traded Fund (ETF(s)) subject to a maximum of US $ 200 million per Mutual Fund, within the overall industry limit of US $ 1 billion. Earlier it was Rs 50 million.
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI):
- Headquarter: Mumbai, Maharshtra
- Chairman: Ajay Tyagi.
WhatsApp gets nod from NPCI to launch its payment services in 10 Indian Languages via UPI:
- Facebook-owned messaging platform WhatsApp will roll out payments feature for users across the country in regional languages, a day after securing an approval from the National Payments Corporation of India. Whatspp has partnered with five Indian banks to process its payment services. These are State Bank of India, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank and Jio Payments Bank.
- Payments is available now in 10 Indian regional language versions of WhatsApp. The permission for WhatsApp pay to go live came on a day when the NPCI also introduced a market share cap of 30% on the volume of UPI transactions starting January 2021.
Acquisitions and Mergers:
Airports Authority of India signs MoU with NTPC to set up solar power plants at airports:
- Airports Authority of India signed an MoU with an NTPC Vidyut Vyapar Nigam (NVVN), a subsidiary of NTPC, subsidiary to promote the usage of electric vehicles and set up solar power plants at its airports. NTPC will be provided land & rooftop free of cost.
- The AAI owns and manages more than 100 airports across India. The airports in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Mangaluru and Lucknow are managed by private companies and not by the AAI.
HIL signs MOU with Department of Chemicals & Petro Chemicals to achieve revenue target of 451 Crore rupees:
- HIL (India) Ltd PSU under Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers signed MoU with Department of Chemicals & Petrochemicals recently to achieve the revenue target of Rs 451 crore. The company registered highest ever sale for product in the first two quarters.
IFFCO Bazar Partners with SBI YONO Krishi App to Boost Accessibility of Quality Agri-Products:
- IFFCO Bazar e-commerce wing of IFFCO announced its integration with SBI YONO Krishi, a dedicated portal catering to farmer’s needs. It offers a wide variety of products speciality fertilisers, organic agri-inputs, seeds, agrochemicals, agri-machinery etc.,
- The hassle-free payment portal aims to drive digital sales in this segment. It is aimed at realizing the dream of our PM of doubling income of farmers through a digital first and farmer centric approach.
Axis Bank to acquire shares in CSC e-Governance for Rs 36 crore:
- Axis Bank has acquired over 57,700 shares in CSC e-Governance Services India Ltd for Rs 36.38 crore. Axis Bank has executed a pact for subscribing to 57,743 equity shares of a face value of Rs 1,000 each to be issued by CSC e-Governance Services India Ltd at Rs 6,300 per equity share, the lender said in a regulatory filing.
Science and Technology:
India conducts major tri-Service exercise “Bull Strike” in Andaman and Nicobar Islands:
- Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC) conducted a three-day joint services exercise code-named ‘Bull Strike’ at the remotely located Teressa Island. The exercise saw participation from three service components of ANC, elements of Indian Army’s Parachute Brigade, MARCOS (Marine Commando Force) and Special Forces.
- The exercise focussed on enhancing interoperability and synergy among the three services Army, Navy and Air Force – to maximize combat potential.
Two-Day Joint Coastal Security Exercise ‘Sagar Kavach’ held at Paradip Coast, Odisha:
- A two-day joint coastal security exercise, “Sagar Kavach” was launched at Paradip Coast, Odisha. The exercise is being carried out by a joint effort of the state of Odisha and West Bengal governments.
- More than 10 such departments, including the Indian Navy, the Indian Coast Guard, the Odisha Police, the local fishermen, the forest department, and the port marine department, have joined the joint exercise.
NSDC launches ‘Project Future Ready’ to impart career skills to 1 lakh students:
- National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in partnership with American India Foundation, Dell Technologies and University of Mumbai has launched ‘Project Future Ready’ to equip students with career skills. The project is set to impact over 1 lakh students in Mumbai and Delhi-NCR, of which 60 per cent are females.
- The project aims to provide skills development for these students through career mentoring, leveraging online skilling platforms and providing market aligned skills training for employability and inculcating entrepreneurial mind-set.
Justices Sanjay Kumar Medhi, Nani Tagia and Manish Choudhury appointed as Judges of the Gauhati High Court:
- Ministry of law and justice announced the elevation of Justice Sanjay Kumar Medhi, Justice Nani Tagia, and Justice Manish Choudhury as Gauhati High Court Judges.
- The appointments under clause (l) of Article 217 of the Constitution of India.
Chacha Chaudhary named as Brand Ambassador for NamamiGange Project:
- Chacha Chaudhary (iconic Indian superhero) whose brain works faster than a computer has now come forward to join hands with the Government of Indian Initiative Namami Gange Programme (Launched in June 2014).
- Diamond Toons, which launches the comic books of Chacha Chaudhary, will conceptualize and publish this new ‘Talking Comics’. It is an Integrated Conservation Mission, approved as ‘Flagship Programme’ by the Government of India in 2014.
Manipur’s Gyanendro Ningombam replaces Mohd Mushtaque Ahmad as Hockey India president:
- Manipur’s Gyanendro Ningombam was elected unopposed as the Hockey India (HI) president, taking over from Mohd Mushtaque Ahmad. Ahmad remains in the federation after being elected unopposed for the senior vice-president post at HI’s Congress and Elections.
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of November 7, 2020 now from the link given below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.