DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : October 10, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (October 10, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
PREZ KOVIND TO PRESENT COLOUR TO ARMY AVIATION CORPS IN NASHIK
- President Ram Nath Kovind will award the prestigious Presidents Colour to the Army Aviation Corps (AAC) in Nashik.
- The president, who is also the supreme commander of the armed forces, will award the colour at a grand ceremonial parade to be held at the Combat Army Aviation Training School (CAATS) at Nashik Road.
- President’s colour is an acknowledgement of the meritorious service rendered by the Army Aviation Corps over the years.
THAILAND FM ARRIVES IN NEW DELHI ON 3-DAY VISIT TO INDIA
- Thailand Foreign Minister, Don Pramudwinai arrived in New Delhi on a three-day visit to India with an aim to boost bilateral relations.
- Pramudwinai will hold a meeting with External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar.
- The visiting dignitary is also scheduled to attend the 8th Joint Commission Meeting between India and Thailand. Several agreements are also likely to be signed following the Meeting.
V PREZ TO EMBARK ON 5-DAY VISIT TO COMOROS & SIERRA LEONE
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu will embark on a five-day visit to Comoros and Sierra Leone .It will be the first high-level visit from India to the two African countries.
- Naidu will reach in Moroni, the capital of Comoros and will hold a detailed bilateral meeting with country’s President Azali Assoumani.
- A number of MoUs and agreements are expected to be signed during the visit. New Delhi has extended concessional lines of credit of 6 million US Dollars for setting up an 18 MW power plant in Moroni.
- The bilateral trade is modest and reached 47.11 million US Dollars in 2018-19.
- On the second leg of his visit, Mr. Naidu will arrive in Free Town, Sierra Leone; he will have a detailed bilateral meeting with country’s President Julius Maada Wonie Bio and will meet Speaker of Sierra Leone Parliament Chernor Bundu as well as country’s Foreign Minister Nabeela Farida Tunia.
SECOND INFORMAL SUMMIT BETWEEN PM MODI, CHINESE PREZ XI JINPING TO BE HELD IN TAMILNADU
- Mamallapuram in Tamil Nadu is getting decked up for the second informal meeting between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and China’s President Xi Jinping.
- After the success of first informal meeting between the two leaders in Wuhan in April 2018, this meet has raised the expectations of exploring new possibilities.
- The old seaport town of Mahabalipuram, now known as Mamallapuram, is a UNESCO World Heritage site and the meeting between the two leaders can open the doors for exploring the historical and cultural connection between Mamallapuram and China.
CABINET DOUBLES HONORARIUM FOR ASHA WORKERS; TO OPEN 40,000 WELLNESS CENTRES UNDER AYUSHMAN BHARAT SCHEME
- Union Cabinet has doubled honorarium for ten lakh ASHA workers from the existing 1000 rupees to 2000 rupees per month.
- Javadekar said the government will open 40,000 wellness centres across the country this year under Ayushman Bharat Scheme.
- The government also announced five per cent Dearness Allowance (DA) for Central Government employees and pensioners. Mr Javadekar said, it will benefit 50 lakh Central Government employees and 65 lakh pensioners.
- The Cabinet has also approved relaxation of the mandatory requirement of Aadhaar-seeded data as a pre-condition for release of funds to the beneficiaries under the PM-Kisan scheme. The relaxation will be till 30th November this year. The scheme provides income support of 6,000 rupees per year to landholding families, subject to certain exclusions.
- The government has also sanctioned a relief package for displaced Kashmiri families who had come from areas of Pakistan Occupied Jammu and Kashmir. An amount of 5 lakh rupees will be given per family. The Government also approved MoUs between India and Foreign Broadcasters in the field of Radio and Television.
PM MODI ATTENDS ‘AT HOME’ RECEPTION OF IAF
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended ‘At Home’ Reception of the Indian Air Force, IAF, in New Delhi. The event was organised at Air Force Chief R K S Bhadauria’s official residence following Air Force Day celebrations.
- Mr Modi also visited the exhibition, IAF Innovation Display. The theme of the exhibition was self-reliance through innovation and indigenisation. The Prime Minister also released a commemorative stamp on Marshal of Indian Air Force Arjan Singh.
PRADHAN MANTRI INNOVATION LEARNING PROGRAMME ‘DHRUV’ TO KICK START AT ISRO IN BENGALURU
- The ambitious Pradhan Mantri Innovation Learning Programme DHRUV will kick start at ISRO in Bengaluru and conclude on 24th of this month at IIT, Delhi.
- Sixty brightest and talented students from Science, Mathematics and Performing Arts have been chosen for the programme.
- It aims to further sharpen innovative imagination, skills and knowledge of the students who are expected to contribute to bringing solutions to socio-economic, political and environmental issues in the country.
MP TOURISM BOARD TO ORGANIZE CITY WALK FESTIVAL IN 11 CITIES FROM OCT 12
- In a unique way to promote tourism, Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board will organize a month long City Walk Festival in 11 cities from October 12 to till November 10. Local, national and international tourists of all age groups will participate in the festival.
- In this festival, the tourists will be acquainted with the rich heritage, natural beauty, glorious history, traditions and ancient heritage of the Madhya Pradesh. The event will also provide employment opportunities to local people.
- The City Walk Festival will be organized in Bhopal, Indore, Ujjain, Gwalior, Panna, Vidisha, Khajuraho, Chanderi, Jabalpur, Burhanpur and Orchha.
GARBAGE CAFE’ IN CHHATTISGARH’S AMBIKAPUR TO PROVIDE FREE MEAL IN EXCHANGE OF PLASTIC WASTE
- The first-of-its-kind ‘Garbage Cafe’ commenced in Ambikapur city of Chhattisgarh. The café is being run by the Ambikapur municipal corporation.
- In this unique Cafe’, poor people and rag pickers will get free food in exchange for one kilogram of plastic, while breakfast will be provided if half a kilogram of plastic is brought to the cafe.
- The cafe inaugurated by Health Minister of Chhattisgarh T. S. Singh Deo said that this is a very unique and innovative step towards cleanliness to mark the 150thbirth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
LEH: SC JUDGE INAUGURATES FIRST GOVT OPERATED DAY CARE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
- Supreme Court Judge, Justice S. Abdul Nazeer, inaugurated the first government-sponsored and operated Day Care-cum-Recreation Centre for senior citizens in Leh in presence of Chief Justice Jammu and Kashmir, Gita Mittal.
- It will be one-stop-shop for entertainment, medical services and legal aid for the aged people of the region.
PAKISTAN PRIME MINISTER IMRAN KHAN DECLARED ‘MUSLIM MAN OF THE YEAR’
- Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan has been declared as Muslim Man of the Year 2020by Jordan’s Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre.
- Imran won the title in the recent list of the most persuasive Muslims in the world issued by the Centre.
- Pakistan Prime Minister Imran has also become the sixth most popular world leader on Twitter, boasting 10.5 million followers on the social media platform.
- The Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre (RISSC) is an autonomous research entity with the Royal Aal Al-Bayt Institute for Islamic Thought in Jordan.
GOVT LAUNCHES DISASTER WARNING DEVICE
- The government launched a device that will help provide information related to disaster warnings when fishermen move away from the coast beyond 10 to 12 kilometres.
- Gagan Enabled Mariner’s Instrument for Navigation and Information (GEMINI) device will disseminate seamless and effective emergency information and communication on disaster warnings, Potential Fishing Zones, PFZ, and the Ocean States Forecasts to fishermen.
- Science and Technology Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan said satellite-based communication is suitable to the dissemination of such emergency information.
HEALTH MINISTRY LAUNCHES WHO INDIA COUNTRY COOPERATION STRATEGY
- The Union Health Ministry has launched the ‘World Health Organisation (WHO) India Country Cooperation Strategy (CCS) 2019–2023: A Time of Transition’, with the collaboration providing a strategic roadmap for the WHO to work with the Indian government towards achieving its health sector goals; improving the health of its population; and bringing in transformative changes in the health sector.
GOA REPLACES TRADITIONAL ‘100’ DIAL WITH NEW ‘112’ FOR POLICE, FIRE AND MEDICAL EMERGENCIES
- The Goa government launched ‘112’ as the new integrated emergency number for police, fire and medical emergencies replacing the traditional dial number ‘100’.
- Chief Minister Pramod Sawant said the response time of agencies concerned to any emergency will come down drastically, which will effectively bring down prevalence of crime.
- In the first phase, the dial ‘112’ service will cover only police department. Fire and medical services would be brought under the new dial number in the second phase.
- Sawant said two centres at Panaji and Margao have been established as a part of the new integrated service.
DR HARSH VARDHAN LAUNCHES INITIATIVE ‘SURAKSHIT MATRITVA AASHWASAN’ IN NEW DELHI
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Dr Harsh Vardhan along with several State Health Ministers launched Surakshit Matritva Aashwasan, SUMAN, initiative during the 13th Conference of Central Council of Health and Family Welfare in New Delhi.
- The initiative aims at assuring dignified, respectful and quality health care at no cost and zero tolerance for denial of services for every woman and newborn visiting the public health facility in order to end all preventable maternal and newborn deaths.
- It also provides a positive birth experience to both mother and infant.
BANKING AND BUSINESS ECONOMY
SBI LOWERS LENDING RATES BY TEN BASIS POINTS ACROSS ALL TENORS
- State Bank of India has lowered its lending rates by ten basis points across all tenors. It has also revised their savings rate by 25 basis points for term deposits under one lakh.
- The new Marginal Cost Of Funds-Based Lending (MCLR) rate will be effective while the revision in savings bank deposits rates will be from 1st November.
- SBI, which controls a fifth of the system, has also slashed its retail term deposits 10 basis points and bulk term deposits rates by 30 basis points for one-year to less than two-years effective 10th October.
SENSEX CLIMBS 646 PTS; NIFTY ENDS AT 11,313
- The Sensex climbed 646 points to regain 38,000-mark at 38,178, propelled by gains in banking, financial and metal stocks.
- After opening on a cautious note, the 30-share index gained momentum in afternoon trade.
- Similarly, the 50-share NSE Nifty zoomed 187 points to finish at 11,313. The rupee was, however, trading three paise lower at 70 rupees and 98 paise against the US dollar.
FINTECH START-UP SHUBH LOANS GETS NBFC LICENCE FROM RBI
- Fintech start-up Shubh Loans said it has received a licence from the Reserve Bank of India to set up a non-banking financial company.
- Shubh Loans receives NBFC licence through subsidiary Ekagrata of its parent company Datasigns Technologies.
- Shubh Loans says it has already raised series A2 funding of Rs34 crore from Omidyar Network India.
CEO & Founder: Monish Anand
PAYPAL PULLS OUT OF FACEBOOK’S LIBRA CRYPTOCURRENCY
- PayPalhas become the first company to drop out of Facebook’s Libra cryptocurrency, as the embattled project continues to face queries from regulators around the world.
- Libra is technically an association backed by 28 – now 27 – multinational companies and nonprofits, although Facebook takes the lead, and a Facebook subsidiary, Calibra, is intended to be the main way consumers will interact with the project. Each of the companies involved had to pledge $10m (£8m) into a common pot to join.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
IFS OFFICER RAMESH PANDEY SELECTED FOR ASIA ENVIRONMENTAL ENFORCEMENT AWARD BY UNEP
- Senior Indian Forest Service officer Ramesh Pandey has been selected for the prestigious Asia Environmental Enforcement Award by the United Nations Environment Programme.
- The 1996-batch IFS officer, posted as Chief Conservator Forests in Lucknow and Secretary, UP State Bio-diversity Board, is known for his investigation and intelligence gathering on poachers.
- Pandey will receive the award on November 13 at the United Nations Conference Centre in Bangkok.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- A team of engineering students from Centre For Innovation (CFI)Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M) have developed Eye in the Sky, an Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Computer vision-based technology.
- It is used for disaster management and aid services. The technology utilizes drones with swarm intelligence for collecting data and analyzing it in real-time.
- The technology aims to develop an end-to-end solution to identify accurate and critical information onpeople who trapped in disaster-hit areas.
NEW RUSSIAN TELESCOPE AT ISS RECORDS FIRST FLASHES IN EARTH’S ATMOSPHERE
- An ultraviolet telescope created by Russia with international participation to study short flashes in Earth’s atmosphere has begun its work on the International Space Station (ISS).
- It has already collected its first data, Skobeltsyn Institute of Nuclear Physics of Lomonosov Moscow State University (SINP MSU).
- The telescope was delivered to the ISS aboard the unmanned Soyuz MS-14 spacecraft back in August.
- The telescope was created by SINP MSU staff, MSU physics students and their Italian colleagues from the Tor Vergata University as part of the JEM-EUSO international collaboration.
WORLD MENTAL HEALTH DAY OCTOBER 10
- World Mental Health Day was observed for the first time on 10 October 1992.
- It was started as an annual activity of the World Federation for Mental Health by the then Deputy Secretary General Richard Hunter. The day is officially commemorated every year on October 10th.
- This year the theme is Mental health promotion and suicide prevention
INDIA WOMEN VS SOUTH AFRICA WOMEN: MITHALI RAJ FIRST WOMAN CRICKETER TO PLAY INTERNATIONAL CRICKET FOR OVER TWO DECADES
- Mithali Raj completed 20 years in the international cricket, becoming the first-ever woman cricketer player to achieve this feat.
- Mithali Raj achieved the milestone when she stepped on the field during the first One-day International (ODI) against South Africa at the Reliance Stadium in Vadodara.
Get 20 IBPS PO Prelims 2019 – ONLINE MOCK TEST SERIES – Full Length from Bankersdaily @ an offer price of Rs.59/-.
Race Institute" width="300" height="300" srcset="http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-300x300.jpg 300w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-768x768.jpg 768w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-1100x1100.jpg 1100w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-530x530.jpg 530w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-100x100.jpg 100w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1.jpg 1200w" sizes="(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px" />
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.