Daily Current Affairs: October 30 & 31, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (October 30 & 31, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Also, Don’t forget to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz – October 30 & 31, 2021, now @ our Bankersdaily Tests.
Union Minister of State for Science and Technology Dr. Jitendra Singh launches India’s first manned ocean mission ‘Samudrayan’
- Union Minister of State for Science and Technology Jitendra Singh launched India’s first manned ocean expedition, ‘Samudrayan’, in Chennai, bringing India into a exclusive club of countries with such undersea vehicles for subsea missions.
- This project proposes to send a submersible vehicle, ‘Matsya 6000’, with three persons to explore oceans, survey the ocean bed and collect the data and samples.
- The niche technology facilitates carrying out deep ocean exploration of non-living resources such as polymetallic manganese nodules, gas hydrates, hydro-thermal sulphides and cobalt crusts.
Union Power Ministry proposes amendments to Energy Conservation Act 2021 to push renewable energy resources
- The Union Power Ministry has proposed amendments to the Energy Conservation Act 2021, which include a minimum share of renewable energy in an industrial unit’s or establishment’s overall usage as part of its goal to promote green energy.
- The aim of this proposal will be to increase renewable energy demand in end-use industries such as industry, buildings and transportation.
- A meeting was held by Alok Kumar, Secretary (Power), with the stakeholders and organisations to give a final shape to the proposed amendments in the Energy Conservation Act.
July 18 is set to be observed as Tamil Nadu Day
- Tamil Nadu Government has announced that 18 July will be observed as Tamil Nadu Day.
- On 18 July 1967, the Tamil Nadu State Legislative Assembly approved a motion proposed by former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister C. N. Annadurai to rename the Madras Presidency as Tamil Nadu.
- The previous ruling party of Tamil Nadu had announced that 1 November would be observed as Tamil Nadu Day from 2019.
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief Minister: M. K. Stalin
- Governor: R. N. Ravi
- National Parks: Mukurthi National Park, Guindy National Park, Gulf of Mannar Marine National Park, Indira Gandhi (Annamalai) National Park, Mudumalai National Park
World’s largest hydrogen fuel cell power plant was built in South Korea
- South Korea has completed the construction of the world’s largest hydrogen fuel cell power plant, ‘Shinincheon Bitdream Fuel Cell Power Plant’, which holds the capacity to provide electricity to nearly 2,50,000 households per year.
- This power plant is operated by South Korea’s largest independent power production company, POSCO Energy and Doosan Fuel Cell.
- Capital: Seoul
- Currency: South Korean Won
- Prime Minister: Kim Boo-Kyum
- President: Moon Jae-in
Banking & Economy
YES Bank partners with Bankbazaar and launches a co-branded credit card ‘FinBooster’
- YES Bank has partnered with Bankbazaar and launched a co-branded credit card named ‘FinBooster’, that allows consumers to maintain track of their creditworthiness while also boosting their credit score based on a review of factors affecting their credit score through the CreditStrong application subscription.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- MD & CEO: Prashant Kumar
- Founder: Rana Kapoor
- Tagline: “Experience our Expertise”
RBI imposes a monetary penalty of ₹56 lakhs on Nainital Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a penalty of ₹56 lakhs on Nainital Bank for failing to divergence in the non-performing asset (NPA) accounts as well as asset classification, provisioning and classification and reporting of frauds.
- This penalty has been imposed in the exercise of powers vested in the RBI under the provisions of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Formation: 1 April 1935
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: K. Jain, M. D. Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao and T. Rabi Sankar
- Subsidiaries: Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC), Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran Limited (BRBNML)
Ranks and Indices
- The top three states in terms of governance performance are Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Telangana, according to the Public Affairs Index 2021 released by Public Affairs Centre (PAC).
- Kerala was the best performer among large states, Sikkim was the best performer among small states and Puducherry was the best performer among the Union Territories.
IISc Bengaluru leads as the Best Indian Institute in the Times Higher Education (THE) Rankings 2021
- The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bengaluru is the highest-ranked Indian institute in the latest Reputation Ranking by Times Higher Education (THE) for 2021.
- The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay has moved up two ranks to 126–150. Indian Institute of Technology Madras maintains its position in the 176–200 band, while Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (176–200) appears in the table for the first time.
Retired Justice Ashok Bhushan was appointed as the Chairperson of the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT)
- Justice Ashok Bhushan, a former Supreme Court judge, was appointed as the Chairperson of the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT).
- The Union Government has also appointed the former Chief Justice of Manipur High Court, Justice Ramalingam Sudhakar, as the President of the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) for five years.
Awards and Recognitions
Delhi Metro bags ‘Metro Rail with Best Passenger Services and Satisfaction’ award
- Delhi Metro has bagged the ‘Metro Rail with Best Passenger Services and Satisfaction’ award at the Urban Mobility India Conference hosted by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Delhi was awarded the best non-motorised transport system for the redevelopment project of Shahjahanabad Redevelopment Corporation.
- Surat was awarded for the best public transport system, while Kochi received an award for the most sustainable transport system.
Fran Wilson from England announces her retirement from international cricket
- ICC Women’s World Cup 2017 winner Fran Wilson from England announced her retirement from international cricket.
- She had featured in three World Cups, one of which the England team lifted the ICC Women’s World Cup trophy at Lord’s in 2017.
- She will continue to play in domestic cricket in the Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy, Charlotte Edwards Cup and The Hundred.
Australian cricket all-rounder Alan Davidson passed away
- Australian cricket all-rounder Alan Davidson passed away at the age of 92.
- He was the first player to score 100 runs and take ten wickets in a single Test match and was inducted into the International Cricket Council’s Hall of Fame in 2011.
- He is a left-arm fast bowler and dangerous low-order batter, who played 44 Tests for Australia from his debut in 1953.
Veteran Actor Yusuf Hussain passed away
- Yusuf Hussain, a veteran actor, who appeared in films such as Dhoom 2, Raees and Road to Sangam passed away at the age of 73.
- He also appeared in films like Dabangg 3, Oh My God and I Am Singh.
Former Australian Test spinner Ashley Mallett passed away
- Former Australian Test spinner Ashley Mallett passed away at the age of 76.
- He played 38 Tests and nine One Day Internationals in a career spanning 12 years. He made his debut against England in 1968 and ended his Test career against the same opponent in 1980.
Daily CA- 30 October One liners
|Union Minister of State for Science and Technology Dr. Jitendra Singh launches India’s first manned ocean mission ‘Samudrayan’|
|Union Power Ministry proposes amendments to Energy Conservation Act 2021 to push renewable energy resources|
|July 18 is set to be observed as Tamil Nadu Day|
|World’s largest hydrogen fuel cell power plant was built in South Korea|
|YES Bank partners with Bankbazaar and launches a co-branded credit card ‘FinBooster’|
|RBI imposes a monetary penalty of ₹56 lakhs on Nainital Bank|
|Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Telangana were the best performing states according to the Public Affairs Index 2021|
|IISc Bengaluru leads as the Best Indian Institute in the Times Higher Education (THE) Rankings 2021|
|Retired Justice Ashok Bhushan was appointed as the Chairperson of the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT)|
|Delhi Metro bags ‘Metro Rail with Best Passenger Services and Satisfaction’ award|
|Fran Wilson from England announces her retirement from international cricket|
|Australian cricket all-rounder Alan Davidson passed away|
|Veteran ACTOR Yusuf Hussain passed away|
|Former Australian Test spinner Ashley Mallett passed away|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of October 30 & 31, 2021, now from the link given below.