DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : SEP 04, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (SEP 04 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Sadananda Gowda launches 8 Nutraceutical-immunity boosting products under PMBJP for sale through Janaushadhi Kendras:
- Government is also providing one-time grant of Rs 2.00 lakh for store set-up to persons belonging to SC, ST, women & divyang category and to any applicant opening store in North-Eastern States, aspirational districts & Himalayan states under Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Priyojana (PMBJP).
India’s First Regional Voters’ Awareness Centre to Come Up in Jaipur:
- Election Commission of India (ECI) will set up the country’s first regional voters’ awareness centre in Jaipur, Rajasthan. It will cater to four states — Rajasthan, Haryana, Punjab and Madhya Pradesh.
- The centre will carry out various awareness activities under the Systematic Voters’ Education and Electoral Participation (SVEEP).
- Chief Minister:Ashok Gehlot
- Governor:Kalraj Mishra
Arjun Munda inaugurates ‘2 Days National Tribal Research Conclave’ being held virtually:
- Ministry of Tribal affairs is funding 26 Tribal Research Institutes for research under Grant to TRIs and is engaged in quality research in collaboration with various institutes. National Institute for Tribal research is being set up in partnership with IIPA (Indian Institute of Public Administration).
Maharashtra Government and SIDBI ink pact to develop MSME ecosystem:
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with the Maharashtra Government to develop the Micro, Small And Medium Enterprise (MSME) ecosystem in the state.
- Under the agreement, a Project Management Unit (PMU) will be deployed by SIDBI with the Government of Maharashtra.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Indian Navy to hold mega exercise with Russia near the Andaman and Nicobar Islands:
- India and Russia will hold bilateral naval exercise INDRA 2020 in Andaman Sea, close to strategic Strait of Malacca, while the Indian Navy is on high operational alert due to the standoff with China in Ladakh. 3 Russian Naval ships will take part in this.
India to host summit of SCO council of heads of government:
- India will host a summit of the council of heads of government of the SCO on November 30 with a focus on contributing to the trade and economic agenda of the influential grouping said by Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
- Eight-nation regional grouping that represents around 42 per cent of the world’s population and 20 per cent of the global GDP.
China boasts world’s largest navy:
- US Department of defence has released its ‘2020 China Military Power Report’ showing that the People’s Republic of China has the largest navy in the world, surpassing the US Navy. China was on course to expand its fleet to 360 vessels by the end of 2020.
Banking and Economy
ICICI Bank launches ‘Home Utsav’, a virtual property exhibition:
- ICICI Bank thas launched a virtual property exhibition under the name ‘Home Utsav’. The exhibition will digitally showcase real estate projects by renowned developers, across India. The exhibition can be accessed by both customers and non-customers of ICICI Bank.
ICICI (Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India):
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD and CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
- Tagline: Hum Hai Na, Khyal Apka.
Acquisitions and Mergers
Tata Power and Tata Motors collaborate to set up India’s largest solar carport:
- The solar carport set up by signing Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) will have a capacity of 2 MWp and is expected to help the automaker cut down 1.6 lakh ton of carbon emissions in its lifetime. It is expected to generate 96 lakh units per year.
Science and Technology
IIT Delhi incubated startup launches ‘Chakr DeCoV’ to decontaminate N95 masks; Atmanirbhar Bharat:
- IIT Delhi has Designed in the shape of a cabinet ‘Chakr DeCoV’ is built with an innovative decontamination mechanism, which utilises the high penetrability of Ozone gas for cleaning the pores of the N95 mask, ensuring complete decontamination of its intricate layers.
SpiceJet launches portable ventilator SpiceOxy for patients with breathing issues:
- SpiceJet introduced a portable ventilator for patients ‘SpiceOxy’, the compact ventilator was designed by engineers of SpiceJet Technic, a subsidiary of SpiceJet.
- This light weight device can be used at home, in an ambulance, on hilly terrain like army base camps, hospitals, and portable applications like wheelchairs and gurneys, according to the airlines.
Former Australian Cricket Icon Matthew Hayden As A Trade Envoy To India:
- Australian government appoints former Australian cricketer Matthew Hayden as a trade envoy for broadening business ties with India along with Lisa Singh, an Indian-origin Australian politician and former Victoria premier Ted Baillieu.
- Australia-India Council plays a vital role in developing business relationships and broadening Australia’s foreign and Economic Policies with India.
Murali Ramakrishnan appointed as MD and CEO of South Indian Bank:
- Murali Ramakrishnan will take over as the new Managing Director & CEO of Kerala-based South India Bank. He retired from ICICI Bank as Senior General Manager at Strategic Project Group. He will succeed incumbent VG Mathew.
ACC approves appointment of VK Yadav as Railway Board’s first ever Chairman and CEO:
- Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of the current chairman of the Railway Board VK Yadav as the CEO, making him the first to hold such a post in the railway’s history.
- Pradeep Kumar has been appointed Member, Infrastructure, PC Sharma has been appointed Member, Traction and Rolling Stock, PS Mishara has been made Member, Operations and Business Development and Manjula Rangarajan has been appointed Member, Finance.
S Krishnan becomes new MD & CEO of Punjab & Sind Bank:
- Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of S Krishnan as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Punjab & Sind Bank. He will replace S Harishankar.
Punjab & Sind Bank:
- Headquarters: NewDelhi, India.
- Non-Executive Chairman: Dr Charan Singh.
- Tagline: “Where Service is a Way of Life”
Former England cricket all rounder David Capel dies at 57:
- David Capel, the former cricket all-rounder who played 15 Tests and 23 one-day internationals for England from 1987-1990, has died after a long illness. He has represented England between 1987 and 1990. In the first-class career, he played 270 matches for Northants between 1981 and 1998.
World Cup host Qatar set to play in Gold Cup in 2021 and 2023:
- World Cup host Qatar is set to play in the Gold Cup next year in the United States after accepting an invitation from soccer’s governing body for North and Central America and the Caribbean.
- Asian Cup champion will participate in the 2021 and 2023 Gold Cup tournaments as a guest under a memorandum of understanding signed in Bahrain in 2017.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.