DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : SEP 05, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (SEP 05 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
National Teachers’ Day- September 5:
- National Teachers’ Day is observed every year on September 5. It was celebrated to honour teachers. This day was designated in 1962 to celebrate one the greatest teachers, Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan. National Teachers’ Awards is conferred to celebrate contribution of teachers.
International Day of Charity- September 5:
- The International Day of Charity is an international day observed annually on 5 September. It was declared by the United Nations General Assembly in 2012. It commemorates the birth anniversary of Mother Teresa, recipient of Noble Peace Prize.
Punjab Govt launches ‘I Rakhwali’ app to make citizens ‘Greenery Saviours’:
- Punjab State Forest Department launched ‘I Rakhwali’ application to help netizens to become ‘Greenery Saviours’. Launching the application, Punjab Forest Minister Sadhu Singh Dharamsot said that the application has been developed to ensure greenery and to protect the environment in Punjab, and its main aim is to inspire people to plant more trees.
- Chief Minister:Captain Amarinder Singh
- Governor: V P Singh Badnore
Rajasthan government inks MoU with ShriVallabh Pittie to invest Rs 4,000 cr in aviation, textile sectors:
- Rajasthan government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ShriVallabh Pittie (SVP) International Group for development of facilities related to aviation, defence and textile
- Investment of Rs 4,000 crore is estimated under the projects which would generate employment for more than 4,000 people, an official release stated.
- Chief Minister:Ashok Gehlot
- Governor:Kalraj Mishra
Festival Pang Lhabsol Celebrated In Sikkim:
- Pang Lhabsol is one of the most historically significant festivals celebrated in Sikkim. Pang Lhabsol is a unique festival of Sikkim and commemorates the consecration of Mount Khangchendzonga as the guardian deity of Sikkim.
- Chief Minister:Prem Singh Tamang
- Governor:Ganga Prasad
Tripura receives first ever inland shipping cargo from Bangladesh:
- The Daukandi (Bangladesh) – Sonamura (Tripura) Inland Waterway Protocol route was operationalised marking a milestone in India-Bangladesh relations.
- “Bangladeshi vessel, MB Premier carrying cement started from Daukandi and will reach Sonamura traversing 93 km along the river Gumti.
- Capital: Agartala
- Chief Minister: Biplab Kumar Deb
- Governor: Ramesh Bais.
Germany launches Indo-Pacific strategy with ‘key role’ for India:
- Current EU president and Europe’s biggest economy Germany, has launched its Indo-Pacific strategy with India that is expected to play a key role in Berlin’s outreach in the region where China’s aggressive foreign policy has rattled countries.
- Berlin’s strategy also suggested opening dialogue with institutions where India plays a key role Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation and Indian Ocean Rim Associations in the areas of business and maritime safety, as well as disaster risk management.
- Capital: Berlin.
- Currency: Euro.
- President: Frank-Walter Steinmeier
- Chancellor: Angela Merkel
India-Russia finalise AK-47 203 rifles manufacturing deal, will boost Make in India:
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh ongoing visit, India and Russia have finalised a major deal for manufacturing AK-47 203 rifles in India, Russia. The AK-47 203 is the latest and most advanced version of the AK-47 rifle, which will replace the Indian Small Arms System (INSAS) 56×45 mm assault rifle.
- Indian Army has a requirement for around 770,000 AK-47 203 rifles. The rifles will be manufactured in India as part of IRRPL.
- Capital: Moscow
- Currency: Russian Rouble
- President: Vladimir Putin
- Prime Minister: Mikhail Mishustin
India attends Senior Officials’ Meeting (SOM) Meeting of BIMSTEC:
- India participated in the Senior Officials’ Meeting (SOM) of the regional grouping BIMSTEC to discuss ways to further expand cooperation among its member nations to effectively deal with key challenges including impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
- The key meeting of BIMSTEC was held under the chairmanship of Sri Lanka.
Donald Trump announces Wilmington as first World War II Heritage City:
- US President Donald Trump announced Wilmington in southern US state North Carolina as the first World War II Heritage City at a ceremony held to mark the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II.
Banking and Economy
IRDAI allows insurance companies to use video-based KYC:
- India’s Insurance regulator IRDAI is set to soon allow insurance companies to use video-based authentication modes to vet customer credentials for new onboardings. Insurers may use Video-Based Identification Process to enhance the ease of doing KYC.
LazyPay introduces LazyUPI digital credit cards in India:
- Indian online instant credit app LazyPay has launched a digital credit card to offer easy access to credit across online and offline platforms. LazyUPI will help to provide easy access to credit across online and offline platforms. LazyUPI is 1st digital credit card that is combined with UPI.
Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank ceased to be a banking company: RBI
- Reserve Bank of India has issued a notification to all banks stating that “Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank Limited” has ceased to be a banking company within the meaning of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949. “Westpac Banking Corporation” also ceases to be a banking company as announced by RBI.
RBL Bank launches cardless cash withdrawal facility through ATMs via MoBank app:
- RBL Bank has partnered with Empays Payment Systems to launch a cardless cash withdrawal facility from ATMs by leveraging the Instant Money Transfer (IMT)
- Customers can use RBL Bank’s MoBank app for this IMT function and initiate cash withdrawal by either using his or her mobile number linked to the account or by following a few easy steps on the app.
Acquisitions and Mergers
Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation ltd signs MoU with CSIR-IICT to establish a bulk drug park:
- CSIR-IICT is the knowledge partner and will offer needed technical backing to make the proposal which will be submitted by the Andhra Pradesh government to the Department of Pharmaceuticals to seek financial assistance from the Centre.
- The Government of India has recently launched a scheme for the development of three bulk drugs and four medical device parks with grants-in-aid to states with a maximum limit of Rs 1,000 crore.
Infosys to acquire US-based firm Kaleidoscope for $42 million:
- Infosys has announced that it would acquire product design and development firm, Kaleidoscope Innovation for up to $42 million. Kaleidoscope is a US-based firm and would bring to Infosys a diverse talent pool with extensive knowledge of design and engineering.
Appointments and Resignations
Dwayne Bravo becomes first cricket ambassador for “SBOTOP” sportsbook brand:
- West Indies cricketer Dwayne Bravo has been chosen as an ambassador for “SBOTOP” sportsbook brand. due to this, he becomes the first cricketer. Isle of Man betting group Celton Manx has made an announcement for his appointment for its flagship sportsbook.
Bajaj Allianz Life ropes in Ayushmann Khurrana as brand ambassador:
- Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company Limited has appointed bollywood actor Ayushmann Khurrana as its brand ambassador. As the brand ambassador of the life insurer, actor will be promoting the products as well as the digital services of the Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company Limited.
Justice Arun Kumar Mishra retires from Supreme Court:
- Justice Arun Kumar Mishra, who took over as a Supreme Court judge back in the year 2014, retires from the apex court. He recently delivered key judgments including granting 10-year time to telecom firms like Vodafone Idea, Bharti Airtel and Tata Teleservices for paying the adjusted gross revenue (AGR) dues to the Department of Telecommunications (DoT).
Maruti Suzuki India MD & CEO Kenichi Ayukawa appointed as SIAM President:
- Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) elected Maruti Suzuki India Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Kenichi Ayukawa as its new President.
- Kenichi Ayukawa, who has been the MD and CEO of the country’s largest carmaker since 2013, succeeds Rajan Wadhera. Ayukawa was earlier the Vice President of SIAM.
Dr Neena Malhotra named India’s next envoy to Italy:
- Diplomat Dr Neena Malhotra has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Italy, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) stated. Malhotra is a 1992-batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer and is presently Additional Secretary in the ministry.
Rajiv Lall resigns as IDFC First Bank non-executive chairman:
- Dr Rajiv B. Lall has decided to take resignation from the post of Part-Time Non-Executive Chairman of IDFC First Bank due to prolonged personal health issues.
- Lall was the founder MD and CEO of the IDFC Bank since October 2015, he ceased to be the MD and CEO after the bank got merged with Capital First in December 2018.
IDFC First Bank:
- CEO: Vaidyanathan
Awards and Recognitions
ABB India’s Factory to Be Awarded Green Factory Building Certification By IGBC:
- ABB India has won a gold certification by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) for its environmentally-friendly smart factory, becoming the first to be certified as a green building within the Nashik industrial area which houses about 10,000 factories across various industries.
Eklavya Model Residential School teacher selected for National Award to Teachers 2020:
- For the first time, a teacher of Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS) established under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs has been selected for the National Award to Teachers (NAT).
- Sudha Painuli, a vice-principal of EMRS-Kalsi, Dehradun, Uttarakhand was selected for the award, according to a release by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
Isha Ambani Piramal and Akash Ambani in Fortune global 40-under-40 technology list:
- Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani is the most successful businessman in the country. With a net worth of $80.5 billion, Ambani is currently the 8th richest person in the world and the only Indian in the top 10.
- The twin children of billionaire Mukesh Ambani, Akash and Isha, have made it to the Fortune’s latest ‘40 Under 40′ list of influential people around the world.
Books and Authors
Pope Francis’ new book “Let Us Dream” to hit stands on 1st December:
- The book titled “Let Us Dream” is a product of the numerous exchanges between Pope Francis and his biographer Austen Ivereigh, in the weeks following the coronavirus outbreak. It will hit the stands on December 1 in English and Spanish It has been published by Simon & Schuster.
UNEP Launches New Book “The Little Book of Green Nudges” For Universities:
- UN Environment Programme (UNEP) has launched a new publication titled “The Little Book of Green Nudges”, which aims to inspire around 200 million students around the globe to adopt environmentally friendly habits and greener lifestyles.
- The book is UNEP’s first on behavioral science and nudge theory, which focuses on encouraging more sustainable practices among students and staff for reducing the campus’ environmental impact through behavioural change.
Indian Grandmaster P Iniyan clinches victory at prestigious World Open online chess tournament:
- Indian Grandmaster Paneerselvam Iniyan won the 48th edition of the prestigious Annual World Open online chess tournament held recently. The Tamil Nadu player scored 7.5 points from nine games with six victories and three draws to finish on top.
- The 17-year-old Iniyan tied his score with GM Sanan Sjugirov (Russia) but emerged winner because of a better tie-break score.
Team NTPC emerges as winner at AIMA Chanakya National Management Games 2020:
- Team NTPC Vallur from Tamil Nadu has overcome stiff challenge to emerge as winner at the recently concluded AIMA Chanakya (Business Simulation Game) National Management Games(NMG) 2020, an all India competition for corporate. The competition was organized by All India Management Association.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.