DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : SEP 23, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (SEP 23 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Rhino Day- 22 September:
- World Rhino Day is observed every year on 22 September to celebrates and raise awareness of the need to protect all the five existing species of Rhinoceros. It was first announced by World Wildlife Fund-South Africa in 2010 and is being observed internationally since 2011.
- Theme: “Five Rhino Species Forever”.
International Day of Sign Languages- 23 September:
- The International Day of Sign Languages (IDSL) is celebrated annually across the world on 23 September to raise awareness on sign languages and strengthen the status about sign languages.
- Theme 2020: “Sign Languages Are for Everyone!”.
President Ram Nath Kovind to confer National Service Scheme Awards for 2018-19:
- President Ram Nath Kovind will confer the NSS Awards for the year 2018-19 virtually from Rashtrapati Bhawan. The NSS Award for the year 2018-19 will be given to 42 awardees in 3 diff. categories like University, NSS Units and their Officers & NSS Volunteers.
India’s first Coast Guard academy to come up at Mangaluru:
- India’s first Coast Guard academy will be established at Mangaluru, Defence Spokesperson (PRO) Bengaluru. Around 158 acres Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB) land has been taken over for setting up ICG Academy.
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief Minister: B. S. Yeddyurappa
- Governor: VajubhaiVala
- National Park: Anshi NP, Kudremukh NP, Bandipur NP, Bannerghatta NP, Rajiv Gandhi (Nagarahole) NP.
Madhya Pradesh celebrates 4th day of ‘Gharib Kalyan Week’ as ‘Vanadhikar Diwas’:
- Gharib Kalyan Week is being organized from 16th to 23rd September to mark the Birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Madhya Pradesh. On the fourth day of the week, ‘Vanadhikar Diwas’ was celebrated in the State.
Madhya Pradesh Government announces Mukhya Mantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana to benefit farmers:
- Madhya Pradesh government has announced ‘Mukhya Mantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana’ on the lines of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi. Under the announced scheme, the beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi, getting 6,000 per annum, will be getting additional financial assistance of Rs. 4,000 making their total annual assistance to be Rs. 10,000 per annum.
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor: Lal Ji Tandon
Government has launched National Conservation Strategy for Indian One-Horned Rhino:
- Union Minister Prakash Javadekar stated India is home to the largest number of Greater One-Horned Rhinoceros in the world with population in the range of 3000 animals in Assam, West Bengal and UP.
- Mr Javadekar stated Environment Ministry has launched a National Conservation Strategy for Indian One-Horned Rhino.
Indian Cricketer Suresh Raina to set up cricket academy in Jammu and Kashmir:
- Former India cricketer Suresh Raina would set up a cricket academy in Jammu and Kashmir to train aspiring cricketers, particularly youngsters from remote areas of the union territory.
- Lt Governor Manoj Sinha agreed to set up five schools in Kashmir division and an equal number in Jammu division to train aspiring cricketers.
Government launched “YuWaah” a multi-stakeholder platform to make young people career ready:
- Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports and United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) have signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) with Generation Unlimited (GenU), a global multi-stakeholder platform in India, to establish YuWaah to make young people career ready. This information was passed by the Union Minister of State (IC) for Youth Affairs and Sports Kiren Rijiju.
Maharashtra CM launches “e- Peek Pahani” app to reduce hardships of farmers:
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has stated that “e- Peek Pahani” mobile application of the State Government will reduce hardships of farmers and help them get the right price and good market for their produce. ”Peek pahani” roughly translates to crop survey.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
ITBP Joins Hands With Uttarakhand Govt For Promoting Adventure Tourism At Tehri Lake:
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board (UTDB) joined hands to promote adventure sports activities at Tehri Lake.
- Gambhir Singh Chauhan, Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG), ITBP, and Prashant Arya, Director of UTDB signed a memorandum of understanding.
- Capital- Gairsain(summer capital), Dehradun (winter capital).
- Chief Minister:Trivendra Singh Rawat
- Governor- Baby Rani Maurya.
- National Parks- Corbett NP, Gangotri NP, Govind PashuVihar NP, Nanda Devi NP, Rajaji NP, Valley of Flowers NP.
Banking and Economy:
SEBI constitutes technical committee on social stock exchange under the chairmanship of Harsh Kumar Bhanwala:
- SEBI has set-up a technical committee on the Social Stock Exchange (SSE) to develop a framework for onboarding Profit and Non-Profit organisations on such bourses and prescribe disclosure requirements relating to financials and governance. The technical group would be chaired by NABARD former chairman Harsh Kumar Bhanwala.
HDFC Life enters into partnership with YES Bank to sell insurance policies:
- HDFC Life and YES Bank Limited entered into a Corporate Agency (CA) arrangement. It will enable customers of YES Bank to avail HDFC Life’s wide range of life insurance products, which include solutions for protection, savings and investment, retirement and critical illness.
Science and Technology:
DRDO conducts second successful flight-test of missile target vehicle ABHYAS:
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) conducted successful flight-tests of the indigenously designed Abhyas High-speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT) in Balasore. This is the second time that the target vehicle was flight-tested successfully. The first successful test was in May 2019.
Colonel Dr Girija Mungali appointed in Asian Football Confederation task-force:
- Colonel Girija Shanker Mungali has been appointed a member of the Asian Football Confederation’s task force. The task force consists of 7 members. The force aims to regulate football clubs in Asia and Australia.
RBI appoints AK Dixit as new administrator of PMC Bank:
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has appointed former Union Bank of India general manager AK Dixit as the new administrator of crisis-hit Punjab and Maharashtra Co-operative (PMC) Bank with effect from September 23. The present administrator Jai Bhagwan Bhoria has stepped down due to health reasons.
Former Mali Defense Minister Bah Ndaw appointed as interim president:
- Former Mali defense minister and retired colonel Bah Ndaw has been named the President of the country’s new transition government. He will be in power for 18 months before holding elections and returning Mali to civilian rule. Colonel Assimi Goita was appointed as Vice President.
- Capital: Bamako.
- Currency: West African CFA Franc
- President: Bah Ndaw(Interim)
- Vice President: Assimi Goita
Mohamed Hussein Roble appointed as Somalia Prime Minister:
- Somali President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmaji has appointment the replacement of former Prime Minister Hassan Ali Khaire who was impeached by parliament. The president appointed Mohamed Hussein Roble, a humanitarian, as the country’s new prime minister.
- Capital: Mogadishu
- Currency: Somalia Shilling
- President: Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed
Awards and Recognitions:
Prakasam police’s ‘Dasha Sutras’ nominated for SKOCH award:
- ‘Dasa Sutras’, a project initiated by Prakasam SP Siddharth Kaushal as a precautionary measure to protect the police and public from Covid-19, has been nominated for the prestigious “SKOCH Award 2020”. To a three member jury of SKOCH Award led by MD K. Gurusharan Dhanjal.
Books and Authors:
A New book titled “Kitchens of Gratitude” authored by Chef Vikas Khanna:
- Star chef Vikas Khanna has authored a book titled “Kitchens of Gratitude” in which he has written about his Feed India initiative. The book will be released in 2021. Feed India initiative is one of the largest food drives in the world serving meals to the underprivileged. He will also be honoured with the 2020 Asia Game Changer Award in October.
A Book Titled “Voices of Dissent” authored by Historian Romila Thapar”:
- New book titled “Voices of Dissent” authored by Historian Romila Thapar. Penguin Random House India and Seagull Books have come together to publish the book. The book is set to publish in October 2020.
Former Rajasthan minister Zakia Inam Passed away at 71:
- Former Minister of Rajasthan Zakia Inam from the Congress Party and three times MLA from Tonk constituency has passed away due to coronavirus infection. She was the only woman candidate who became MLA three-time in Rajasthan.
Tennis world No.1 player and former cricketer Ashleigh Barty wins golf tournament:
- The 24-year-old, world number one Australian has won the Brookwater Golf Club women’s championship. Multi-talented Ashleigh Barty has conquered tennis, been a professional cricketer and has now added another string to her sporting bow by winning a golf tournament.
- Ash Barty had withdrawn from participating in US Open and French Open due to coronavirus pandemic.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.