Daily Current Affairs: September 14, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (September 14, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
National Hindi Day – 14 September
- National Hindi Diwas or Hindi Day is observed on 14 September every year to promote Hindi as the ‘Matra Bhasha’ or mother tongue of India.
India and the United States launches ‘Climate Action and Finance Mobilisation Dialogue’ (CAFMD)
- India and the United States launched the Agenda 2030 partnership’s Climate Action and Finance Mobilisation Dialogue (CAFMD) to renew the collaborations on climate change while also addressing the financial aspects.
Tamil Nadu Government increases reservation for women in government jobs from 30 to 40 per cent
- The Tamil Nadu Government has increased the quota for women in government jobs from 30% to 40%.
- The percentage currently reserved for women in government jobs is 33%.
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief Minister: M. K. Stalin
- Governor: R. N. Ravi
- National Parks: Mukurthi National Park, Guindy National Park, Gulf of Mannar Marine National Park, Indira Gandhi (Annamalai) National Park, Mudumalai National Park
Banking and Economy
India and Singapore announce a project to link UPI and PayNow for instant fund transfers
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has tied up with the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) to link its Unified Payments Interface (UPI) with Singapore’s PayNow for instant money transfer, which will be operationalised by July 2022.
- This will enable users to make instant, low-cost fund transfers on a reciprocal basis without the need to onboard onto the other payment system.
Six entities completed their test phase in the ‘first cohort’ under RBI’s regulatory sandbox scheme
- The six entities, namely Nucleus Software Exports Ltd (PaySe), Tap Smart Data Information Services Private Limited (Citycash), Natural Support Consultancy Services Pvt. Ltd (IND-e-Cash), Naffa Innovations Pvt. Ltd (ToneTag), Ubona Technologies Pvt. Ltd (BHIM Voice) and Eroute Technologies Pvt. Ltd, have completed the ‘Test Phase’ under the first cohort of RBI’s regulatory sandbox based on the theme of retail payments.
- Their products mainly deal with offline digital payments, prepaid cards, contactless payment and voice-based UPI.
Tata Capital launches ‘Loan Against Mutual Funds’
- Tata Capital Limited announced the launch of an end-to-end digital ‘Loan Against Mutual Funds’ (LAMF), enabling customers to avail loans ranging from Rs. 5 lakhs to Rs. 2 crores.
Justice M. Venugopal was appointed as the Acting Chairperson of NCLAT
- Justice M. Venugopal was appointed as the Acting Chairperson of the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) after the retirement of Chairperson Justice S. J. Mukhopadhaya.
Jim Lanzone was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Yahoo
- Yahoo announced the appointment of Tinder Chief Executive Officer Jim Lanzone as its new Chief Executive Officer. He succeeds Guru Gowrappan.
Vinod Kannan will be appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Vistara
- Vinod Kannan will be appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Vistara from 1 January2022. He will replace Leslie Thng.
Taro Kono is set to replace Yoshihide Suga as the Prime Minister of Japan
- Japan’s vaccination minister Taro Kono is all set to replace Yoshihide Suga as the Prime Minister of Japan, according to a poll conducted by Nikkei and TV Tokyo.
Awards and Recognitions
Susanne Clark wins the 2021 Women’s Prize for Fiction
- British writer Susanna Clarke won the prestigious Women’s Prize for Fiction 2021 for her mind-tweaking fantasy novel ‘Piranesi’.
Agreements and MoUs signed
Punjab & Sind Bank ties up with Indiabulls for co-lending alliance
- Punjab & Sind Bank (PSB) has entered into a strategic co-lending alliance with Indiabulls Commercial Credit and Indiabulls Housing Finance (IHFL) for MSME and priority sector housing loans.
DBS partners with SWIFT for real time cross border payment tracking
- DBS, in partnership with Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications (SWIFT) Global Payments Innovation (gpi), launched real-time online tracking for cross-border collections for businesses in India.
Zimbabwe batsman Brendan Taylor announces retirement from international cricket
- Former Zimbabwe captain Brendan Taylor announced his retirement from international cricket.
- He made his debut in 2004 in a One Day International (ODI) against Sri Lanka and went on to become one of Zimbabwe’s finest-ever cricketers in international cricket.
Former Union Minister and Rajya Sabha MP Oscar Fernandes passed away
- Rajya Sabha MP and former Union Minister Oscar Fernandes passed away in Mangalore at the age of 80.
Malayalam actor Rizabawa passed away
- Malayalam actor Rizabawa passed away in Kochi at the age of 55.
- He delivered key performances in films like Champakulam Thachan (1992), Kabuliwala (1993), Bandhukal Shatrukal (1993), Ezhupunna Tharakan (1999), Nerariyan CBI (2005) and The King and the Commissioner (2012).
Daily CA- 14 September one liners
|National Hindi Day – 14 September|
|India and the United States launches ‘Climate Action and Finance Mobilisation Dialogue’ (CAFMD)|
|Tamil Nadu Government increases reservation for women in government jobs from 30 to 40 per cent|
|India and Singapore announce a project to link UPI and PayNow for instant fund transfers|
|under RBI’s regulatory sandbox scheme|
|Tata Capital launches ‘Loan Against Mutual Funds’|
|Justice M. Venugopal was appointed as the Acting Chairperson of NCLAT|
|Jim Lanzone was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Yahoo|
|Taro Kono is set to replace Yoshihide Suga as the Prime Minister of Japan|
|Susanne Clark wins the 2021 Women’s Prize for Fiction|
|Punjab & Sind Bank ties up with Indiabulls for co-lending alliance|
|DBS partners with SWIFT for real time cross border payment tracking|
|Zimbabwe batsman Brendan Taylor announces retirement from international cricket|
|Former Union Minister and Rajya Sabha MP Oscar Fernandes passed away|
|Malayalam actor Rizabawa passed away|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of September 14, 2021, now from the link given below.