Hi Bankersdaily Aspirant,
“We are born weak, we need strength; helpless,
we need aid; foolish, we need reason.
All that we lack at birth, all that we need
when we come to man’s estate, is the gift of education.”
Aspirant,we are stepping into Digital India,our Government is taking all the necessary steps for Digital India,Now our government has taken a new initiative in education sector,know as E-EDUCATION.Let us discuss about E-EDUCATION today.
- E-EDUCATION was launched by President Pranab Mukherjee on the occasion of Guru Purnima.
- The government had invited vice-chancellors and directors of IITs, IIMs, and IISs to hold discussion on the University Grant Commission regulation for online education.
- There are four major digital initiatives in e-education. They are Swayam, Swayam Prabha, National Academic Depository and National Digital Library.
- All these digital initiatives are operational under Union Ministry of Human Resource and Development.
SWAYAM & SWAYAM PRABHA:
Swayam and Swayam Prabha are digital classrooms the contents of which can be accessed either through Internet or direct-to-home service respectively.
Through Swayam, courses will be offered through digital classrooms with study material available online in videos. It will be available free of cost, however students wanting certifications shall be registered, shall be offered a certificate on successful completion of the course, with a small fee, the Swayam website states.
The student will have opportunity to ask questions which will be answered in real time. Chief Economic Advisor Arvind Subramanian has also prepared a series of lectures on the Indian economy for Swayam and Swayam Prabha.
The students will be assessed through proctored examination and the marks and grades secured in this exam could be transferred to the academic record of the students, according to the website.
Swayam Prabha will tap into the potential of Direct- to-Home Service wherein a person can install the dish antenna for about Rs 1,500 and have access to 32 digital educational channels run by the HRD ministry.
Everyday, there will be new content for at least four hours which would be repeated five more times in a day, allowing the students to choose the time of their convenience.The course content will cover almost every aspect of education in various fields from class nine onwards and preparatory courses for institutes like IITs.
National Digital Library:
National Digital Library is a large online library containing 6.5 million books. It provides free access to many books in English and the Indian languages.
National Academic Depository:
- It is a digital depository of academic awards for authenticating all certificates issued by institutions.
- National Academic Depository will directly integrate with Boards/Universities which issue Certificates which will be verified, authenticated, accessed and retrieved in a digital depository for purpose of employment, higher education, and loans.
Attempt Quiz on E-Education:
You may Like to Read Other Articles: