SBI PO 2021 Notification Released – 2056 Vacancies
SBI PO 2021 Notification Released – SBI (State Bank of India) has released the official notification for the SBI PO 2021 now on the official website of STATE BANK OF INDIA. This SBI PO 2021 Exam is conducted to select eligible candidates for the probationary officers (PO) posts available in the State Bank of India Branches in India. Millions of aspirants will be appearing for the SBI PO 2021 Exam as this exam is considered as one of the brightest opportunities to enter into the Banking field and is considered the dream job of millions of aspirants.
The total Number of vacancies available for the SBI PO 2021 is 2056 Vacancies.
Previously the SBI PO Exam was conducted in the year 2020. The SBI PO Exam is one of the exams which will define the other exams as the same pattern of questions will be followed in the upcoming IBPS Exams too.
The selected candidates may be posted anywhere in India as this is a notification for the Post of Probationary Officers.
The Application Process for the SBI PO 2021 starts from 5th October 2021 and will end on 25th October 2021.
Aspirants who wish to apply for the post of Probationary Officers in SBI PO 2021 are requested to fill the SBI PO 2021 Online Application Form after completely reading the SBI PO 2021 notification completely which is provided below.
Important Dates – SBI PO 2021 Notification
|On-line registration including Editing/ Modification of Application by candidates||05.10.2021 to 25.10.2021|
|Payment of Application Fee||05.10.2021 to 25.10.2021|
|Download of Preliminary Examination Call Letters||1st /2nd week November 2021 onwards|
|Phase-I: Online Preliminary Examination||November/ December 2021|
|Declaration of Result of Preliminary Examination||December 2021|
|Download of Main Examination Call letter||2nd /3rd week December 2021 onwards|
|Phase-II: Online Main Examination||December 2021|
|Declaration of Result of Main Examination||January 2022|
|Download of Phase-III Call Letter||1st /2nd week of February 2022 onwards|
|Phase-III: Interview (Or Interview & Group Exercises)||2nd/ 3rd week of February 2022|
|Declaration of Final Result||February / March 2022|
|Pre-Examination Training for SC/ ST/ Religious Minority Community candidates|
|The download of call letters for Pre-Examination Training||1st week of November 2021 onwards|
|Conduct of Pre- Examination Training||2nd week of November 2021|
Total Vacancies – SBI PO 2021 Notification
The total number of vacancies available for SBI PO 2021 is 2056. There are zero backlog vacancies for most of the Categories. Vacancies detailed above are provisional and may vary according to Bank’s requirements.
|Category||SC||ST||OBC*||EWS^||GEN||Total||LD#||VI#||HI#||d & e# @|
Vacancies reserved for OBC category are available only to the ‘Non-creamy layer’ OBC candidates. ‘Creamy layer’
OBC candidates should indicate their category as ‘General’.
OBC category candidates should submit the OBC certificate on format prescribed by Govt. of India containing the ‘Non-creamy layer’ clause, issued during the period 01.04.2021 to the date of interview, should be submitted by such candidates, if called for interview.
# Vacancies for Person with Benchmark Disability (PWD) category candidates are reserved horizontally.
@ PWD categories under clauses ‘d’ & ‘e’ of Section 34 (i) of RPWD Act 2016 suitable for the post are:
(i) “Specific Learning Disability” (SLD);
(ii) “Mental Illness” (MI);
(iii) Autism Spectrum Disorder (Mild)- ASD (M)
(iv) “Multiple Disabilities” (multiple disabilities amongst LD, VI, HI, SLD, MI & ASD-M);
^ Reservation for Economically Weaker Section (EWS) in recruitment is governed by Office Memorandum no.
36039/1/2019-Estt (Res) dated 31.01.2019 of Department of Personnel & Training, Ministry of Personnel, Public
Grievance & Pensions, Government of India.
Educational Qualification – SBI PO 2021 notification
- The Educational Qualification for the SBI PO 2021 will be considered as of 31st December 2021.
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification
recognised as such by the Central Government.
- Those who are in the Final Year/ Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for an interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation
examination on or before 31.12.2021.
- Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.12.2021.
- Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant or Cost Accountant may also apply.
Age Limit – SBI PO 2021
Age Limit will be considered as of 1st April, 2021.
- Maximum Age: 21 Years
- Minimum Age: 30 Years
Not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01.04.2021 i.e. candidates must have been born not later than 01.04.2000 and not earlier than 02.04.1991
Selection Procedure – SBI PO 2021 Notification
The SBI PO 2021 is a three Tier Process.
- Phase I – Preliminary Examination
- Phase II – Mains Examination & Descriptive Test
- Phase III – Group Exercise & Interview
Exam Pattern – SBI PO 2021 – Prelims Exam Notification
- Category wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in the Preliminary Examination.
- There will be no sectional cut-off.
- Candidates numbering 10 times (approx.) the numbers of vacancies in each category will be short listed for Main Examination from the top of above merit list.
|S. No.||Name of the Test||No. of Questions||Sectional Time||Marks|
|1.||English Language||30||20 minutes||Total Maximum
|2.||Reasoning Ability||35||20 minutes|
|3.||Quantitative Aptitude||35||20 minutes|
Phase 2: Mains Exam (Objective + Descriptive)
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern – Objective
|S. No.||Name of Test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2.||Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|3.||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|4.||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern – Descriptive
The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with two questions for 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)
Phase 3: Group Exercise and Interview
- Candidates numbering up to 3 times (approx.) the category wise vacancies will be shortlisted for the Group Exercise & Interview from the top of the category wise merit list subject to a candidate scoring the minimum aggregate qualifying score.
- Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main Exam): There will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, 1/4th of marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
Final Selection – SBI PO 2021
- The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately.
- The marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in the Objective Test and the Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in Phase-III for preparing the final merit list. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for preparing the final merit list for selection.
- Marks secured by the candidates in the Phase-II (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 marks and Phase-III scores of candidates (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25 marks.
- The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating (out of 100) converted marks of Phase-II and Phase-III. Selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category
EMOLUMENTS – SBI PO 2021 Notification
Presently, the starting basic pay is 41,960/- (with 4 advance increments) in the scale of 36000-1490/7-46430-1740/2-49910-1990/7-63840 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale-I. The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A/ Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical and other allowances & perquisites as per rules in force from
time to time.
Application Fee – SBI PO 2021 Notification
- SC/ST/PWD – “NIL”
- General/EWS/OBC – Rs.750/- (Application Fee including Intimation Charges)
Number of Chances – SBI PO 2021 Notification
|Category||Max. Permissible Number of Chances|
|General/ EWS (PWD)||7|
|SC/ SC (PWD)/ ST/ ST (PWD)||No Restriction|
Candidates who have already appeared for the maximum number of permissible chances are not eligible to apply. The number of chances will be counted from the examination held on 18.04.2010.
Appearing in Preliminary Examination will not be counted as a chance. Appearing in Main Examination will be counted as a chance.
In the years in which only one written examination has been held (i.e. no Preliminary Examination has been held), appearing in this examination will be counted as a chance.
Aspirants can check the Official Notification of the SBI PO 2020 from the official website of SBI PO or from the link that is mentioned below.
SBI PO 2021 – FAQ
Q1. How many vacancies are there in SBI PO 2021 Exam?
A: SBI has announced 2056 Vacancies for the SBI PO Recruitment 2021.
Q2. When is the last date to apply for the SBI PO 2021 Exam?
A: The Last date to apply for the SBI PO Exam 2021 is 25th October, 2021
Q3: Are there negative markings in SBI PO Recruitment 2021?
A: Yes. There is a negative marking in the SBI PO Recruitment 2021.