TNPSC District Education Officer Recruitment 2018 – 20 Vacancies
TNPSC District Education Officer Recruitment 2018 – 20 Vacancies
Dear TNPSC Aspirants,
TNPSC has released the notification for the post of Direct Educational Officer (DEO) in School Education Department and aspirants who wish to apply for this can apply so before 9th January 2018
Applications are invited from eligible candidates only through online mode upto 09.01.2019 for direct recruitment to the post of District Educational Officer in School Education Department included in the Tamil Nadu School Educational Service.
Name of the post: District Educational Officer (2014-2015)(2015-2016)(2016-2017)
Name of the service: Tamil Nadu School Educational Service.
No. of Vacancies: 20 (*18 + 2CF)
Scale of Pay: Rs.56900 -180500
Important Dates – TNPSC District Education Officer Recruitment 2018
|Date of notification||10.12.2018|
|Last date for submission of application||09.01.2019|
|Last date for payment of fee through Bank (State Bank of India or Indian Bank)||11.01.2019|
|Dates of Written Examination|
|Preliminary Examination||02.03.2019 F.N.||10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M.|
|Main Written Examination: Dates will be announced later.|
Tentative Timeline – TNPSC District Education Officer Recruitment 2018
|1.||Publication of Preliminary Results||April/2019|
|3.||Publication of Main Examination Results||October/2019|
|4.||Certificate Verification & Oral Test||November/2019|
|5.||Final Selection List||November/2019|
Vacancies – TNPSC District Education Officer Recruitment 2018
Total number of vacancies: 20 (*18 + 2CF)
|(i)||From Open Market||14|
|(ii)||From among Teachers employed in recognized Aided Secondary Schools and Higher Secondary Schools||04|
Distribution of Vacancies – TNPSC District Education Officer Recruitment 2018
(i) CARRIED FORWARD VACANCIES (for Teachers employed in recognized Aided Secondary Schools and Higher Secondary Schools) :
BC (OBCM) (G) – 1
SC (G) – 1
(ii) CURRENT VACANCIES: 18
- GT (G) – 3
- GT (S) PSTM – 1
- GT (W) – 2
- GT (G) (DAP) (VI/LV) – 1
- BC (OBCM) (G) – 3
- BC (OBCM) (W) – 2
- MBC/DC (G) – 2
- MBC/DC (W) – 1
- SC (G) PSTM – 1
- SC (W) – 1
- SCA (A) (PSTM) – 1
GT- General Turn; BC(OBCM) – Backward Class (Other than Backward Class Muslims); MBC/DC – Most Backward Class / De-notified Community; SC-Scheduled Caste; SC(A) – Scheduled Caste – Arunthathiar; G – General; W – Women; PSTM- Persons Studied in Tamil Medium DAP – Differently Abled Persons; VI–Visually impaired LV -Low Vision
1. First, the selection will be made for the ‘two’ carried forward vacancies. [ Section 27 of the Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act, 2016]
2. Secondly, the selection will be made for ‘18’ regular vacancies following the rule of reservation.
Age Limit – TNPSC District Education Officer Recruitment 2018
Age Limit will be considered as on 1st July 2018.
1. SCs, SC (A)s, STs, MBCs/ DCs, BC(OBCM)s, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all castes – NO AGE LIMIT
- For Open Market – Should not have completed 30 Years
- For Teacher employed in recognized Aided Secondary Schools or Higher Secondary Schools – Should not have completed 40 Years.
Note1:-[For open market candidates only.]
“Others” Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs who have put in five years and more of service in the State/Central Government are not eligible even if they are within the age limit
No maximum age limit shall mean that the applicants should not have completed 58 years of age either on the date of notification or at the time of selection/appointment to the post.
AGE CONCESSION – TNPSC District Education Officer Recruitment 2018
- For Differently Abled Persons – Upto 10 Years
- For Ex-Servicemen – Maximum Age Limit is 48 Years. Please note thatThe above-mentioned age concession will not apply to the ex-servicemen applicants who have already been recruited to any class or service or category.
Educational Qualification – TNPSC District Education Officer Recruitment 2018
The educational Qualification will be considered as on 10th December 2018.
For both, Open Market candidates and Teachers employed in recognised Aided Secondary Schools and Higher Secondary Schools:
- Master’s Degree of any University recognised by the UGC in the State or a Degree of equivalent standard in any one of the following subjects with not less than 50% of Marks in the Master’s Degree Examination in any one of the following subjects:- Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry , Botany , Zoology, Economics , Geography , History ,Commerce, Tamil and English,
(Provided that a candidate possessing a Degree of M.A or M.Sc. or an equivalent degree awarded under the grading system shall not be considered eligible for appointment unless he has obtained the said degree with “ O” or “A” or “B” Grade.)
- B.T. or B.Ed. Degree of any recognized university in the State or a degree of equivalent standard.
- Must have studied Tamil under Part-I or Part-II of the Intermediate or Pre-University course or Higher Secondary Course.
Experience – TNPSC District Education Officer Recruitment 2018
Only for recruitment to the vacancies which are to be filled from among the Teachers employed in recognized Aided Secondary and Higher Secondary Schools having teaching experience in a recognized School for a total period of not less than 12 years after acquiring the qualifications specified.
(i) The qualification prescribed for the posts should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the following order of studies: 10th + HSC or its equivalent + Bachelor’s degree + PG Degree and B.T/B.Ed Degree (or) B.T/B.Ed Degree and PG Degree.(Section 25 of the Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act, 2016).
Results of the examination should have been declared on or before the date of notification.(Section 20(4)(iv) of the Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act, 2016)
(ii) Applicants must have passed Tamil in Intermediate/PUC/HSC (or its equivalent). A pass in the Second Class Language Test (Full Test) in Tamil will not be accepted as equivalent to the qualification in Tamil prescribed for this post.
((Note (i) under paragraph 11 of the Commission’s “Instructions to Applicants” will not apply to the recruitment to this post).)
(iii) Applicants claiming equivalence of qualification should upload and submit evidence for equivalence of qualification, in the form of government order issued on or before the date of this notification, when called for, failing which, their application will be summarily rejected. A list of Equivalence of qualification in the related subject is available in Annexure-I to this Notification. (Refer also to the Disclaimer annexed to this Notification). The government orders regarding equivalence of qualification issued after the date of this notification will not be accepted.
Application Fee – TNPSC District Education Officer Recruitment 2018
- Registration Fee – Rs.150/- (One Time Registration)
- Preliminary Examination Fee – Rs.100/- *
- Mains Examination Fee – Rs.200/- **
* – The Preliminary Examination fee should be paid at the time of submitting the online application for this recruitment if they are not eligible for the concessions noted below.
** – The Main Written Examination fee should be paid later only by those applicants who are admitted to the Main Written Examination based on the result of the Preliminary Examination and on receipt of intimation from the Commission if they are not eligible for fee concession.
MODE OF PAYMENT OF FEE – TNPSC District Education Officer Recruitment 2018
- Preliminary Examination fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees one hundred only) is payable online through Net Banking / Credit card / Debit card or it can be paid offline at the State Bank of India / Indian Bank within two days from the date of submission of online application by choosing the option in the online
- Applicants have also to pay the service charges as applicable.
- Offline mode of payment in the form of demand draft / postal order etc. will not be accepted and the applications forwarded with such modes of payment will be summarily
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION – TNPSC District Education Officer Recruitment 2018
Note: The question paper will be set in both English and Tamil.
#1 Trending Notification Video in Race YOUTUBE Channel
Other Important Notification: Released In October 2018