CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS: NOVEMBER 1-7, 2018
CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS: NOVEMBER 1-7, 2018
Dear BankersDaily Aspirants,
Hope all of you have completed the Ibps po prelims exam.Its the perfect time for your mains preparation.Start to learn Current Affairs section and score good marks in the upcoming examinations.
Here aspirants are provided with November 1- 7 Weekly oneliners.Collect the points in cripy manner and gather all the important current affairs in the first week of june.You can also download this as a pdf in the link provided below.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the Agreement between India and Morocco on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the renaming of Jharsuguda Airport, Odisha as “Veer Surendra Sai Airport, Jharsuguda”.
- Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik has launched ‘Soura Jalanidhi’ scheme which aims at increasing use of solar energy for helping farmers in irrigation.
- The Fourth Dialogue of the NITI Aayog – Development Research Centre (DRC) of the State Council, People’s Republic of China was held in Mumbai.
- Ministry of Railways has introduced Unreserved Mobile Ticketing with a view to promote three C’s- Cashless transactions (Digital payment), Contact less ticketing (no need to physically visit the point of sale) and Customer convenience and experience.
- The Maharashtra state cabinet has cleared the decks for the Navy’s longest-serving aircraft carrier, INS Viraat, now retired, to be converted into India’s first-ever moored maritime museum-cum-marine adventure centre.
- President Ram Nath Kovind has inaugurated the first Gyan Kumbh in Uttarakhand, which is being jointly organised by the Higher Education Department of the Uttarakhand Government and the University of Patanjali in Haridwar.
- India will extend Line of credits of more than 350 million US Dollars to Zimbabwe for two power projects and a drinking water project.
- The Kerala Tourism Department has brought out a high-tech digital facility that provides visitors all details about experiential and service packages offered in the region in north Kerala.
- Researchers at Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M) have designed and booted up India’s first microprocessor, Shakti, which could be used in mobile computing and other devices. The project is funded by Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- The Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) has formed a new industry expert committee, under its Emerging Technology Council, focused on AR/VR.
- The newly-built Ekana International Stadium has been renamed after former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- The West Bengal government has decided to observe ‘Rosogolla Day’ on November 14.
- The Indian Coast Guard has launched a new offshore patrol vessel called ICGS Varaha from a corporate shipyard near Chennai.
- Sports for Life, organisers of the World Corporate Games, announced that the 2019 edition will be held in Qatar under the slogan ‘Qatar, where the World comes to compete’. The 23rd edition is set to be held in November and will be the first ever to take place in the Middle East.
- China has successfully launched a high orbit satellite to boost its home-grown BeiDou global satellite navigation system being built to rival United States Global Position System (GPS).
- India and Japan has signed a Rs 1,817 crore loan agreement for the construction of the Turga pumped storage hydel power project at Purulia in West Bengal.
- Armies of India and Japan began their first-ever joint military exercise at a jungle warfare school in Mizoram’s Vairengte with a focus on strengthening counter-terror cooperation.
- The first Global Conference on Air Pollution and Health will be held at WHO Headquarters in Geneva on 30 October – 1 November 2018.
- India has been elected as a member of the International Telecommunications Union Council (ITU) for another 4-year term – from 2019 to 2022.
- The Government of India through Ministry of Youth and Sports, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation in sports with the Republic of Korea.
- The UN World Food Programme and Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group have formed a strategic partnership to support efforts eliminate hunger globally by 2030.
BANKING AND ECONOMY
- The National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) has acquired IDFC Infrastructure Finance (IDFC-IFL), an infrastructure debt fund.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has acquired design company W12 Studios for an undisclosed sum.W12 was started in 2012 and is one of the world’s iconic design companies. It has multi-disciplinary capabilities and has won a number of awards.
- India has signed a $950 million contract with Russia for two upgraded Krivak III-class stealth frigates. A government-to-government contract was signed between India and United Shipbuilding Corporation of Russia.
- The Kirloskar group has received licence from the Reserve Bank to launch a non-banking finance company (NBFC), Kirloskar Capital, which will be headed by industry veteran Vimal Bhandari.
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company, India’s third largest non-life insurance provider in the private sector launched the ‘Cyber Security Awareness Week’ starting from October 21, 2018 to October 27, 2018.
- HSBC India and ING Bank Brussels have successfully executed a blockchain- enabled Letter of Credit (LC) transaction between Reliance Industries (RIL) and Tricon Energy.
- The Reserve Bank of India has permitted banks to grant partial credit enhancement (PCE) to bonds issued by non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) and housing finance companies, listed with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the National Housing Bank respectively.
- The Reserve Bank has initiated steps to set up a wide-based digital Public Credit Registry (PCR) to capture details of all borrowers, including wilful defaulters and also the pending legal suits in order to check financial delinquencies.
- The Central and Andhra Pradesh governments and the World Bank have signed the loan agreement for a $172.20 million project to enhance agricultural productivity, profitability, and climate resilience of poor and marginalised farmers in Andhra Pradesh.
- India and Malawi has signed three MoUs on extradition, cooperation in atomic energy and visa waiver for diplomats and officials as Vice President Venkaiah Naidu met Malawian President Arthur Peter Mutharika.
AWARDS AND HONOURS
- Veteran actor Anupam Kher was honoured as a ‘Distinguished Fellow’ by IndiaGlobal – a leading think-tank that works on issues concerning non-resident Indians.
- India leapfrogged to the 77th rank in the World Bank’s latest Ease of Doing Business rankings, jumping 23 notches from last year.
- The Indian passport was ranked 66th in the world in the latest ranking of the Global Passport Index. The ranking was based on the passports’ visa-free score.
- Globally, India ranks 12th when it comes to the dangers associated with surfing the web, according to a new report from Russia-based global cybersecurity firm Kaspersky Lab.
- Karen Khachanov defeated Novak Djokovic 7-5, 6-4 to win the Paris Masters title.
APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
|NAME OF THE PERSON||APPOINTED AS||BY REPLACING||RESIGNS|
Justices Hemant Gupta, R Subhash Reddy, M R Shah and Ajay Rastogi
were sworn in as judges of the Supreme Court.
|Atul Kumar Goel||has assumed charge as Managing Director and CEO of UCO Bank||R K Takkar||_____|
|RBI has approved re-appointment of Aditya Puri||as managing director of Private sector HDFC Bank for another two years.||_____||_____|
|Former Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) chairman GN Bajpai||_____||resigned as director of debt-laden IL&FS Group.|
|Olympic bronze medalist MC Mary Kom||was named as the brand ambassador of the 10th edition of the Women’s World Championship.||_____||_____|
|Uzbek businessman Gafur Rakhimov||was elected president of the International Boxing Association (AIBA).||_____||_____|
- Pankaj Advani has become the first Indian to win the Asian Snooker Tour title. Pankaj Advani achieved this feat by defeating Chinese player Joe Seati by 6-1 in the second leg of the Asian Snooker Tour held in China.
- Pakistani batsman Azhar Ali has announced retirement from One Day International (ODI) cricket.
- Rahul Dravid became the fifth Indian to be inducted in the ICC Hall of Fame on Thursday as Sunil Gavaskar presented him with the momento prior to the start of the fifth One-Day International between India and West Indies.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
- The biography of AR Rahman, Notes of a Dream: The Authorized Biography of AR Rahman was launched.
- Vice-Admiral M.P. Awati (retd.), who commanded a naval unit of the Eastern Fleet in the 1971 India-Pakistan war and whose actions led to the destruction of an enemy submarine has passed away.
|1||World Vegan Day||_____|
|3||The Ayurveda Day||“Ayurveda for Public health”.|
|5||World Tsunami Awareness Day.||_____|
Other Important Notification: Released In October 2018