DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: FEBRUARY 27, 2019
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: FEBRUARY 27, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (February 27, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Odisha Cabinet Approves State Film Policy 2019 :
- The state cabinet headed by chief minister Naveen Patnaik approved the policy With an aim to promote Odia films and create a conducive eco-system for production of films in the region, Naveen Patnaik-led state cabinet gave its nod to the Odisha State Film Policy-2019.
- The policy will promote quality Odia films, facilitate film tourism in the state, establish Odisha as a destination for film shooting and improve screen density in the state.
- The state government decided to provide subsidy up to Rs 2.5 crore to filmmakers of English, Hindi or other language films.The decision was taken to encourage the filmmakers to shoot in Odisha.
STATIC : Odisha
Governor of Odisha- Ganeshi Lal
Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
Rising India Summit 2019 Held in New Delhi :
- P.M Narendra Modi addressed Network-18 Rising India Summit 2019, with the theme ‘Beyond Politics: Defining National Priorities’.He also laid out his vision for a ‘New India‘.
- The event was held in New Delhi.Rising India Summit is presented by Ebix and is one of the most anticipated thought leadership forums in India.
- The Summit discussed various topics including income tax and GDP numbers, India’s global standing, Jan Dhan accounts, and unemployment.
3-day fest on Gandhian philosophy held in New Delhi :
- The 3rd edition of the 3-day festival “Words in the Garden” based on the life and ideology of Mahatma Gandhi was held at India International Centre (IIC), New Delhi.
- This year’s title of the event was “Bapu Ki Dilli” as a tribute to Mahatma Gandhi on his 150th birth anniversary and celebrated the life and ideology of Bapu the father of our nation through plays, recitals, readings, discussions and more.
Piyush Goyal launches Rail Drishti Dashboard for live feeds of IRCTC kitchens:
- Union Minister Piyush Goyal launched Rail Drishti Dashboard, an online portal containing information related to passenger and freight trains and links to live feeds of IRCTC kitchens.
- The URL of the dashboard is raildrishti.cris.org.in and it is very well optimized and user friendly so that those in remote villages can also access and know everything about railways.
PM Modi unveiled 800-kg ‘Astounding Bhagavad Gita’- world’s largest sacred book :
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the world’s largest Bhagavad Gita at ISKCON(International Society for Krishna Consciousness) temple in south Delhi’s East of Kailash, has 670 pages, weighs 800 kg and is 2.8 metre tall and 2 metre wide.
- The book is dubbed as the ‘Astounding Bhagavad Gita’. Bhagavad Gita, often referred to as the Gita, is a sacred text, revered by the Hindus, and is part of the epic Mahabharata.
Inland Waterways authority of India and Indian Oil Sign MoU on Fuel Needs for National Waterways :
- Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) and Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for jointly developing infrastructure for fuels, lubricating oil, LPG, Natural Gas and any other related fuel and gas for meeting the requirement of National Waterways.
- The MoU will provide for an understanding over general modalities of mutual cooperation leading to addressing futuristic demand of any form of energy for Inland Waterways and associated services.This will further lead to development of business activities along the National Waterways.
India-Bangladesh Joint Military Exercise Sampriti – 2019 Held at Tangail :
- As part of the ongoing India Bangladesh defence cooperation, a joint military exercise Sampriti-2019 will be conducted at Tangail, Bangladesh.
- The eighth edition of the exercise ‘Sampriti-2019’ is an important bilateral defence cooperation endeavour between India and Bangladesh which is hosted alternately by both countries.
- The exercise is aimed to strengthen and broaden the aspects of interoperability and cooperation between the Indian and Bangladesh Armies.
India successfully test fires surface-to-air missile amid tensions with Pakistan:
- India successfully test fired the short range Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QRSAM) from a test range along the coast of Odisha.
- Developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), the missile has a strike range of 25 km to 30 km and has a capability of engaging multiple targets.The sleek and highly mobile air defence system has been developed for the Indian Army.
- The indigenously developed QRSAM will replace the ‘Akash’ missile defence system which is on its way out due to technological obsolescence.
AWARDS & HONOURS
Mahesh Elkunchwar bags META Lifetime Achievement Award :
- Eminent Indian playwright Mahesh Elkunchwar has been chosen for this year’s META Lifetime Achievement Award.
- The playwright will be conferred upon with the award on March 12, along with the winners of the 14th Mahindra Excellence in Theatre Awards (META) festival.
- Elkunchwar is critically-acclaimed and widely-known for having experimented with a wide range of drama and is considered a powerful force in both Indian and Marathi theatre scene.
IRCTC Rail Connect mobile app win National e-Governance Award 2019:
- Railway’s ticket booking mobile application – IRCTC Rail Connect mobile app and the Chhattisgarh government’s ‘Khanij online‘ and 14 other such IT projects have been chosen for National e-Governance Awards 2019.
- National e-Governance Awards will be presented by Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Jitendra Singh.
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) Rail Connect mobile app, launched in January 2017, has been chosen for the special jury award for excellence in government process re-engineering for digital transformation.
BANKING & ECONOMY
The state-run BoB ties up with German KfW to refinance solar units:
- State-run Bank of Baroda has tied up with Germany’s KfW Development Bank for funding of USD 113 million to refinance solar projects. The tie-up is part of an Indo-German Solar Energy Partnership signed in 2015.
STATIC: Bank of Baroda
Headquarters: Vadodara, Gujarat
Tag Line : India’s International Bank
RBI removes Allahabad Bank, Corporation Bank, Dhanlakshmi Bank from PCA framework :
- The Reserve Bank of India removed Allahabad Bank , Corporation Bank and Dhanlaxmi Bank out of the prompt corrective action (PCA) framework allowing them to resume their normal lending activities subject to certain conditions and continuous monitoring.
- The Board for Financial Supervision met to review the performance of banks under PCA and noted that the government has infused fresh capital into various banks including some of the banks currently under the PCA framework.
- The central bank has specified certain regulatory trigger points as part of the PCA framework in terms of three parameters — capital to risk weighted assets ratio (CRAR), net non-performing assets (NPA) and Return on Assets (RoA) — for initiation of specific structured and discretionary actions.
Muhammadu Buhari Re-Elected as President of Nigeria:
- Nigeria’s electoral commission has declared incumbent Muhammadu Buhari as the Nigerian President.The 76-year-old has won a second four-year term at the helm of Africa’s largest economy and most populous country.
Currency: Nigerian naira.
K. J. Srinivasa appointed as High Commissioner of India to the Cooperative Republic of Guyana :
- Dr. K. J. Srinivasa has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Cooperative Republic of Guyana.He is currently serving as the Consul General, Consulate General of India, Johannesburg.He would replace Venkatachalam Mahalingam who came here in 2014.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
M Venkaiah Naidu Launches Chaturvedi’s Book on ‘Quality, Accreditation & Ranking’ :
- The book titled ‘Quality, Accreditation, and Ranking – A Silent Revolution in the Offing in Indian Higher Education’ has been launched by Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu,edited by Education Promotion Society for India’s (EPSI) Alternate President Dr. H Chaturvedi in New Delhi.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.