DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: JANUARY 1, 2019
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: JANUARY 1, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (January 1, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness , Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Government Extends CLSS for MIG scheme till 31st march,2020 :
- The Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs headed by Minister of State Hardeep S. Puri, extended the Credit-Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) for Middle Income Group (MIG) Scheme by another 12 months till March 31, 2020.
- Around 93, 007 beneficiaries have been covered till date and have already received Rs 1,960.45 crore of subsidy in the scheme under which the government provides a subsidy of up to Rs 2.67 lakh on home loans.
- The scheme covers two income segments in the MIG viz. Rs 6,00,001 to Rs 12,00,000 per annum for MIG-I and Rs 12,00,001 to Rs 18,00,000 per annum for MIG-II.
Dharmendra Pradhan launched Ujjwala sanitary napkin initiative in Odisha :
- Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launched the Ujjwala Sanitary Napkin initiative in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- To provide access to hygiene products and employment to opportunities in every district of the state.
- Around 100 local manufacturing units will be set up by oil marketing companies at Common Service Centres (CSCs) across 93 blocks in all 30 districts of Odisha in the first phase.
Chief Minister: Naveen Patnaik.
Governor: Prof. Ganeshi Lal.
Deen Dayal Veterinary University, to set up first goat fertility lab in the state of Uttar Pradesh:
- The Deen Dayal Veterinary University in Uttar Pradesh proposed to set up the first goat fertility lab in the state under Rastriya Krashi Vikas Yojna at the cost of Rs 22 crore.
- The University has entered into a contract with Pradeshik cooperative Dairy Federation for marketing.
- It aims to achieve 4% annual growth in agriculture through development of Agriculture and its allied sectors.
PM Modi inaugurated 6th International Rice Research Institute in Varanasi:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Varanasi and Ghazipur in Uttar Pradesh. He dedicated the 6th International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), South Asia Regional Center (ISARC) to the nation in Varanasi.
- He also released a commemorative postal stamp on Maharaja Suheldev.
- The Institute is built at the campus of Na]tional Seed Research and Training Center (NSRTC) in Varanasi. During the visit, he laid the foundation stone of medical College in Ghazipur.
MNJ Institute becomes the first State-run hospital in Telangana to enter into Guinness Book of World Records:
- MNJ Institute of Oncology and Regional Cancer Centre has become the first State-run hospital in Telangana to enter into Guinness Book of World Records.
- The Guinness recognition to the hospital has come for conducting the largest men’s health awareness programme on prostate cancer, which was attended by 487 men in a single day.
Germany gives nod to $8 billion tunnel link to Denmark :
- German authorities gave their approval to an US$8 billion (6.30 billion pounds) rail and road tunnel linking Denmark and Germany, despite environmental objections.
- It is part-funded by the European Union. The 19 km (11.8 mile) Fehmarnbelt link, connecting the Danish island of Lolland to the island of Fehmarn on the German side, was due to be completed in 2024.
- The project, priced at 52.6 billion Danish crowns ($8.1 billion), comprises a four-lane motorway and a two-track railway. It is part-funded by the European Union.
US Adventurer Completes 1st Unaided Solo Trek Across Antarctica :
- A 33-year-old man Colin O’Brady from the United States become the first person to complete a solo trek across Antarctica without any assistance.
- He finished the 1,500km journey across the frozen continent in 54 days, lugging his supplies on a sled as he skied in bone-chilling temperatures from north to south.
Uzbekistan promotes 2019 as year of investment in backdrop of wider business with India :
- President of Uzbekistan, Shavkat Mirziyoyev announced 2019 as the ‘Year of Active Investment and Social Development’ in the backdrop of proposed investments from India to boost the economy of the Central Asian country, in his annual address to the Parliament.
- The President stated that concrete measures will be taken on creating an open economy, radically improving the business environment and investment climate and reducing the state presence in the economy.
Narendra Modi to inaugurate 106th Indian Science Congress (ISC)-2019 in Jalandhar, Punjab:
- World’s largest science meet ‘Indian Science Congress (ISC)-2019’ is going to be held from 3rd to 7th January 2019, in Jalandhar, Punjab.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 106th edition of ISC-2019, based on the theme ‘Future India: Science and Technology’
- The event will play a pivotal role in stimulating scientific research effort and raising the scientific temperament in the country and the world.
BANKING & ECONOMY
Allahabad Bank, SBI Life join hand for bancassurance partnership :
- A ‘bancassurance’ pact was signed between State-owned Allahabad Bank and SBI Life Insurance to sell the policies of the insurer from over 3,200 branches of the Allahabad Bank.
- The agreement was signed in the presence of Allahabad Bank Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Mallikarjuna Rao and SBI Life MD & CEO Sanjeev Nautiyal.
STATIC: Allahabad Bank
MD & CEO: Mallikarjuna Rao
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
3 Indian-origin women scientists awarded by Australian government in science field for women and girls :
- Three Indian-origin women scientists were among the 60 Superstars of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) list awarded by Australian government.
- The 3 scientists are Onisha Patel, Devika Kamath and Asha Rao.
- Under the initiative, due to gender gap in STEM courses, the government is planning to train these scientists for one year to become influencers for female students.
Currency: Australian dollar.
National Nritya Shiromani Award 2019 for Anindita :
- US-based Kathak dancer Anindita Neogy Anaam will be honoured with the National Nritya Shiromani award for promoting the dance form across the world.
- This award of national repute has been given in the past to the outstanding Indian classical dance performers and musicians of India and abroad.
- The award would be conferred on her in Cuttack on the opening day of the 10th Cuttack Mahotsav: International Dance and Music festival in Cuttack on 2nd January, 2019.
Chief Minister: Naveen Patnaik
Governor: Ganeshi Lal
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
India to grow by 7.5% in 2019 :CII
- In its report titled ‘Growth Outlook for 2019’, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) stated that India will remain the fastest growing major economy with GDP growth estimated to be 7.5% in FY19.
- Better demand conditions, settled GST implementation, capacity expansion resulting from growing investments in infrastructure and better credit inflow especially in the service sector (that is of 24%) were the reasons cited for this growth.
Jasprit Bumrah becomes top wicket-taker in international cricket in 2018 :
- 25 years old Indian fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah became the highest international wicket-taker of 2018 with 78 wickets after taking 9 wickets in the 3rd Test Match against Australia held in Melbourne Cricket Ground, Australia.
- Indian spin bowler Kuldeep Yadav along with Adeel Rashid and Rashid Khan ranked 3rd with 76 wickets in 2018.
Ishant, Shami, Bumrah breaks 34 year old record with 131 wickets in 2018:
- Indian pace trio of Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami and Jasprit Bumrah broke the 34 year record of highest test wickets in a calendar year to become the most successful pace trio with 131 wickets in 2018.
- The record was previously held by West Indies seamers Joel Garner, Michael Holding and Malcolm Marshall who had taken 130 wickets in 1984.
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL