Daily Current Affairs: July 27, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (July 27, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Drowning Prevention Day – 25 July
- World Drowning Prevention Day is observed on 25 July. This year (2021) is the first-year celebration of the event. This day aims to highlight the impacts of death caused by drowning on families and communities and to provide solutions to prevent death by drowning.
- 2021 Theme: “Anyone Can Drown, No One Should”
World Mangrove Day – 26 July
- World Mangrove Day is observed annually on 26 July. UNESCO also celebrates International Day for the Conservation of the Mangrove Ecosystem on 26
- This day is observed to raise awareness of the importance of mangrove ecosystems and to promote their sustainable management and conservation.
CRPF celebrates its 83rd Raising Day on 27 July 2021
- The 83rd Raising Day of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) was observed on 27 July 2021. CRPF is India’s largest Central Armed Police Force, under the authority of the Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
BS Yediyurappa resigns as the Chief Minister of Karnataka
- Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa has announced his resignation. He had submitted his resignation to the Governor of Karnataka Thawar Chand Gehlot.
- He served as the Chief Minister of Karnataka for four terms and was the only Chief Minister to do so in Karnataka.
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Governor: Thaawarchand Gehlot
- National Park: Anshi National Park, Kudremukh National Park, Bandipur National Park, Bannerghatta National Park, Rajiv Gandhi (Nagarahole) National Park
Uttar Pradesh joins hands with Sapio Analytics to revive the distribution automation software
- Uttar Pradesh’s Department of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) has signed an MoU with government advisory firm Sapio Analytics to provide licenses of automation software Accloud, worth 72 crores to 20,000 MSMEs of Uttar Pradesh.
- The software licenses shall be provided free of cost to the MSMEs who can apply for the same through a portal.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- National Park: Dudhwa National Park (Tiger Reserve)
- Zoological Parks: Shaheed Ashfaq Ullah Khan Prani Udyan (Gorakhpur), Kanpur Zoological Park, Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Zoological Garden
The Philippines becomes the first country to approve genetically modified ‘golden rice’ for commercial production
- The Philippines became the first country in the world to approve the commercial production of genetically modified ‘golden rice’, a variety of rice enriched with nutrients to help reduce childhood malnutrition.
- This golden rice was developed by the Department of Agriculture-Philippine Rice Research Institute (DA-PhilRice) in partnership with the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI).
- Capital: Manila
- Currency: Peso
- President: Rodrigo Duterte
Banking and Economy
Care Ratings projects the Indian economy to grow 8.8% to 9% in FY22
- Care Ratings has projected India’s GDP growth as 8.8%–9% with GVA (gross value added) growth of 7.8% for the fiscal year 2021–2022 (FY22).
Social entrepreneur Sanjay Rai Sherpuria was named as the national brand ambassador for SDG Choupal
- Well-known social worker and entrepreneur Sanjay Rai ‘Sherpuria’ was named as the national brand ambassador for SDG Choupal.
- He was felicitated at an event for his remarkable contributions in the wake of COVID-19.
C Vijayakumar was appointed as the Managing Director of HCL Technologies Limited
- C Vijayakumar was appointed as the Managing Director of HCL Technologies Limited. He replaced Shiv Nadar, who resigned recently as the Managing Director.
Awards and Recognitions
Kajal Chakraborty wins the Norman Borlaug National Award
- Principal Scientist at the Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI) Kajal Chakraborty has won the Norman Borlaug National Award for research to combat lifestyle diseases instituted by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) functioning under the Union Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare.
- The award is announced once in five years and carries a cash prize of 10 lakhs.
Books and Authors
Amitabh Kant releases book on Indian start-up ecosystem
- NITI Aayog Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Amitabh Kant has launched a book titled ‘Shifting Orbits: Decoding the Trajectory of the Indian Start-up Ecosystem’.
- This book was organised by the Innovation Venturing and Entrepreneurship in India Network (iVEIN).
A new book titled “Why We Kneel How We Rise” was authored by Michael Anthony Holding
- Jamaican cricket commentator and former West Indies cricketer Michael Anthony Holding has authored a new book titled “Why We Kneel How We Rise”.
Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari releases a book on post-Article 370 Kashmir
- Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari had released a new book titled ‘Kashmir Ki Kyari Mein Aag Ki Lapte Aakhir Kab Tak?’ authored by Kashmiri writer and social worker Beena Budki.
JNCASR ranks 23rd among top 50 Rising Institutions in Nature Index 2021 for Materials Science
- The Bengaluru-based research institute Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) was ranked 23rd among the top 50 rising institutions in the world for materials science.
- JNCASR is the only institution from India to appear on the list.
Daily CA July 27 One-liner:
|1. World Drowning Prevention Day – 25 July|
|2. World Mangrove Day – 26 July|
|3. CRPF celebrates its 83rd Raising Day on 27 July 2021|
|4. BS Yediyurappa resigns as the Chief Minister of Karnataka|
|5. Uttar Pradesh joins hands with Sapio Analytics to revive the distribution automation software|
|6. The Philippines becomes the first country to approve genetically modified ‘golden rice’ for commercial production|
|7. Care Ratings projects the Indian economy to grow 8.8% to 9% in FY22|
|8. Social entrepreneur Sanjay Rai Sherpuria was named as the national brand ambassador for SDG Choupal|
|9. C Vijayakumar was appointed as the Managing Director of HCL Technologies Limited|
|10. Kajal Chakraborty wins the Norman Borlaug National Award|
|11. Amitabh Kant releases book on Indian start-up ecosystem|
|12. A new book titled “Why We Kneel How We Rise” was authored by Michael Anthony Holding|
|13. Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari releases a book on post-Article 370 Kashmir|
|14. JNCASR ranks 23rd among top 50 Rising Institutions in Nature Index 2021 for Materials Science|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of July 27, 2021, now from the link given below.