DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : July 30, 2019
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs (July 30, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
National Conference on e-Governance to be held on 8-9 August
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG), in association with Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India and the State Government of Meghalaya.
- They will organize the 22nd National Conference on e-Governance 2019 on 8-9th August 2019 at Shillong.
- The conference will be held with the theme “Digital India: Success to Excellence”.
- This is the first time that the event is being organized in the North-Eastern region of the country.
- 28 States and eight Union Territories will participate in the 22nd National e-Governance Conference. Over 450 delegates are expected to attend the Conference.
- An Exhibition will also be organized during the event to showcase India’s achievements in the field of e-Governance, along with a Hall of Fame/ photo exhibition on the award winners.
Odisha gets GI tag for its version of Rasgulla after West Bengal
- The Geographical indicator (GI) granted to Odisha for the ‘Odisha rasgulla’, more than two years after West Bengal won its own GI tag for the delectable eastern sweet.
- The Chennai-based GI Registry issued a formal certification for the ‘Odisha rasgulla’ on its website.
- A GI is a distinctive sign/name used on a product generally collectively owned it is differentiate goods on the basis of its unique characteristics and geographical origin.
- A GI tag helps in the branding and marketing of a local product and can attract penalties outside that geographical region.
PM Narendra Modi released the All India Tiger Estimation Report
- PM Narendra Modi released the All India Tiger Estimation Report 2018. The massive tiger census is conducted every four years. India now has 2,967 tigers.
- The growth in the 4th cycle of the Tiger Census has been a 33%. PM Narendra Modi, who released the figures of the tiger estimation and also he says that India has achieved the target of doubling tiger population before the deadline, which is 2022.
- According to the survey taken in 2006, the recorded figure of tiger was 1,411. In the St. Petersburg Summit held at Russia in 2010, India vowed to double the growth rate of tigers.
- In 2014, the population of tigers in India was 2,226. According to the latest Tiger census report, it rose to 2,967, which are 33%, in 2018.
- India has doubled tiger population and has achieved its target for 2022.
Pink coaches introduced for women by the Northeast Frontier Railway zone
- Indian Railways Northeast Frontier Railway zone started an initiative to bring a special portion of the SLR coach with pink colour.
- It is mainly introduced in order to bring women passengers with better safety and security. This special colour will help the women passenger to easily identify the coach in rush hours.
- Around eight trains in Rangiya division of the Northeast Frontier Railway has begun operations with some pink coaches.
- The section 58 of the Railways Act, 1989 provides for earmarking of accommodation for female passengers in trains.
- Indian Railways planned to provide second class accommodation for women in the second Class-cum-Luggage-cum Guard’s Coach (SLR).
- They are operated between New Bongaigaon and Guwahati. This new initiative of the government will enhance the security of women.
Union Government to begin fieldwork for 7th Economic Census from Tripura
- The government plans to conduct the Seventh Economic Census.
- The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) intends to conduct the Seventh Economic Census of India 2019 by extensively leveraging Information Technology.
- CSC e-Governance Services India Limited, a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) formed under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeITY), selected as the implementation agency for the development of ICT platform system and conduction of fieldwork for the 7th Economic Census.
- The data for the survey has been a flagship task of MoSPI conducted 6 Economic Censuses during, 1977, 1980, 1990, 1998, 2005 and 2013.
- The Economic Census becomes the only source of information on the significantly large unorganised sector in the country.
- The fieldwork for the census is expected to be completed by December and the results are expected to be available by March 2020.
India Nepal Logistics Summit 2019 was held in Kathmandu, Nepal
- India-Nepal Logistics Summit 2019 was held in Kathmandu, Nepal. The summit was inaugurated by Nepal Prime minister KP.Sharma Oli.
- The theme of the Logistics Summit 2019 was ‘Transforming Logistics Landscape’.
- In this summit all trade community and government representatives from both Nepal and India represented the whole summit function.
- N.Sivasailam, Special Secretary (Logistics), Indian Ministry of Commerce and Industry, CMD V. Kalyana Rama, Container Corporation of India (CONCOR), Bhawani Rana, President of Federation of Nepalese Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FNCCI) President participated in the summit.
IN LCU L56 ship commissioned into Indian Navy
- The sixth ship of the Landing Craft Utility (LCU) MK IV class, IN LCU L56, was commissioned into the Indian Navy on Monday.
- Vice Admiral Atul Kumar Jain, Eastern Naval Command commissioned the ship in a ceremony held at Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam.
- The induction of LCU 56 will add to Maritime and Humanitarian and Disaster Relief capability.
- The ship will be deployed for multi-role activities such as beaching operations, search and rescue missions, disaster relief operations, coastal patrol and surveillance operations along the Andaman and Nicobar Group of Islands.
- LCU 56 is an amphibious ship with its primary role being transportation and deployment of Main Battle Tanks, Armoured Vehicles, Troops and Equipment from ship to shore.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI slaps Rs 26 lakh fine on Mobikwik and Hip Bar
- The Reserve Bank has imposed a fine of about 26 lakh rupees on two online payment solutions providers for non-compliance of regulatory guidelines.
- The central bank said in a release that Mobikwik Systems Private Limited has been slapped a fine of 15 lakh rupees while Hip Bar Pvt Ltd faced a fine of 10.85 lakh rupees.
- It stated that these two prepaid payment instrument (PPI) issuers were levied a monetary penalty for non-compliance of regulatory guidelines.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Apple to acquire Intel’s smartphone modem business for a transaction value of $1 billion
- Apple announced the acquisition of chip-maker Intel’s smartphone modem business for $1 billion.
- There are around 2,200 Intel employees will join Apple along with intellectual property, equipment and leases, the Cupertino-based iPhone. The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2019.
- This agreement is to focus on developing technology for the 5G network while retaining critical intellectual property and modem technology that our team has created.
- Apple will hold over 17,000 wireless technology patents, ranging from protocols for cellular standards to modem architecture and modem operation.
- Intel will retain the ability to develop modems for non-smartphone applications, such as PCs, internet-of-things devices and autonomous vehicles.
AGREEMENTS & MOU
NITI Aayog partners with WhatsApp to promote women entrepreneurs
- NITI Aayog and Facebook-owned WhatsApp under the aegis of its Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) announced a partnership to support the growth of a robust ecosystem to promote women entrepreneurs in India.
- WhatsApp mainly collaborated with NITI Aayog announce an annual calendar of events aimed at capacity building of women entrepreneurs and develop specific programmes.
- The main aim is to address the challenges faced by women entrepreneurs. This initiative would target the registered users of WEP.
- WhatsApp partner with the Women Transforming India (WTI) Awards 2019, flagship initiative of NITI Aayog.
- WhatsApp decided to provide support amounting to $100,000 to WTI winners.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Sudarsan Pattnaik won the People’s Choice Award at the Revere Beach International Sand Sculpting Festival
- Sudarsan Pattnaik, the Indian sand artist and Padma Awardee, has won the People’s Choice Award at the Revere Beach International Sand Sculpting Festival in Boston, US.
- He won the award for his sand sculpture ‘Stop Plastic Pollution, Save Our Ocean’.
- Pattnaik was among the top 15 sand artists who were selected from across the world to participate in the Sand Sculpting Festival.
- Pattnaik’s Sand sculpt was sculpted with a turtle caught in a plastic bag and a fish with plastic trash such as slippers, bottles and glass inside its body.
- The tail of the fish is lead in to the mouth of a human, to signify how plastic pollution in the oceans is adversely impacting human beings also when they consume sea food.
- The sculpture highlighted the problem of plastic pollution that spoils the oceans and supported the urgent need to take action to save oceans and planet.
Priya Priyadarshini Jain won Indian Women of Influence award
- Eminent fashionista, Priya Priyadarshini Jain won with the prestigious “Indian Women of Influence” award at the House of Lords, The United Kingdom Parliament, London.
- She is among the others featured in the coffee table book on ‘50 most influential Indian women worldwide’.
- She is featuring top Indian women like former Indian president Pratibha Patil, Nita Ambani, MP Caroline, Hema Malini, Shilpa Shetty.
- The award recognizes the power of Indian women residing in different parts of the world and it is presented by the Barons of the UK parliament.
Inaugural Tribute actor award won by Meryl Streep in TIFF 2019
- Meryl Streep won the inaugural Tribute Actor award in Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF).
- She is the most nominated actor in Academy Award.
- The actress won the Oscar, three times. She has won three Academy Awards for her roles in “KKramer vs. Kramer,” “Sophie’s Choice,” and” The Iron Lady”
- She set an unsurpassed record with her 21st Oscar nomination for her role in “The Post.”
- Her tremendous contribution to cinema, television, and the stage spans five decades; from her early roles in ’The Deer Hunter,’ ‘Kramer vs. Kramer,’ and ’Sophie’s Choice’ to later films including ‘The Devil Wears Prada,’ ‘The Iron Lady,’ and ‘The Post,.
ICC launches World Test Championship
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) today officially launched the inaugural World Test Championship (WTC), which will get underway on Thursday.
- To be played over two years, the World Test Championship will witness the top nine Test teams in the world compete in 71 Test matches across 27 series.
- The two top teams will then go head to head in the World Test Championship final to be held in the United Kingdom in 2021.
- Australia, Bangladesh, England, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka and the West Indies are the nine teams that will battle it out for the top honours in the World Test Championship.
- The tournament got postponed to 2017 and was cancelled later. Finally, it was decided that the inaugural ICC World Test Championship will be played from 1st of next month to 30th April, 2021.
Saudi Arabia King Salman’s elder brother Prince Bandar dies at 96
- In Saudi Arabia, King Salman’s elder half-brother, who was the tenth son of the country’s founding monarch, has died at the age of 96.
- Prince Bandar bin Abdulaziz Al Saud was not an actively political royal within the ruling Al Saud family and had been passed over in the line of succession to the throne.
- He was the eldest living son of the late King Abdulaziz Al Saud.
United Nations World Day Against Trafficking in persons – 30th july
- The “World Day Against Trafficking in Persons” is observed across the world on 30th july to raise awareness of the plight of the victims of human trafficking and to protect their rights.
- Theme: 2019: “HUMAN TRAFFICKING: Call Your Government to Action”
- In 2013 , UN General Assembly (UNGA) has designated 30th July as the “World Day Against Trafficking in Persons”.
- Attend Current Affairs Quiz for the Month of May – 2019 from the link that is provided below.
Learn the Other Day Current Affairs from bankersdaily Team from the link that is provided below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.