DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : July 1, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (July 1, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
Ravi Shankar Prasad to launch commemoration of four years of Digital India initiative
- Electronics and Information Technology Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad planned to launch the commemoration of four years of Digital India initiative .The event will take in New Delhi.
- The main aim of this initiative is to bridge the digital divide and create awareness about Information Technology. These digital services are offered by the government as well as the private sector.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched various initiative of Digital India on 1st of July, 2015. The Digital India plan comprises various initiatives that are targeted to prepare India for becoming a knowledge economy.
- To bring good governance to citizens through synchronized and coordinated engagement of the entire government. The Digital India Project main aim to connect all gram panchayats by broadband connectivity. It works under Bharat Net Project to promote e-governance.
Ministry of New and Renewable Energy successfully observed ‘ Swachhta Pakhwada’
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy observed ‘Swachhta Pakhwada’ Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE). The institutions successfully observed Swachhta Pakhwada (cleanliness fortnight) from June 1-15 2019.
- The campaign inaugurated by Secretary, MNRE Shri Anand Kumar. The Minister participated in tree plantation drive in CGO Complex, New Delhi.
- The MNRE various initiatives like Shramdan (cleanliness drive), “Swachhata Pledge”, organization of Seminar on Biogas/Biomass- Waste to Energy
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 1992
- Minister In-Charge: Raj Kumar Singh
Telangana hosts the triennial International Seed Testing Association (ISTA) Congress in Hyderabad
- Telangana is hosting the triennial International Seed Testing Association (ISTA) Congress in Hyderabad. ISTA congress is being held for the first time in Asia. The Congress is being held from 26 June to 3 July 2019.
ISTA Congress meet:
- Congress will have the main event for three days and technical committee meetings/sessions over the next 5 days. The Congress will have a symposium on seed technology and quality in a changing world.
- It would discuss recent developments in seed research and in technology related to seeds. The workshops would focus on varietal identification, seed sampling, Purity, germination and moisture. The latter workshop will held from July 5 to 12.
Abu Dhabi to host first ISA’s joint security exercise ISALEX19
- Representatives of 50 law enforcement agencies of the International Security Alliance are taking part in the first joint security exercise in Abu Dhabi beginning today.
- The participants include representatives from tactical teams, rapid intervention units, communications, civil defence, and explosive ordnance disposal, teams.
- The International Security Alliance, launched in 2017 in Abu Dhabi, is an international working group to confront organised, transnational and extremist crimes.
- The alliance now comprises nine countries, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Morocco, France, Italy, Spain, Senegal, Singapore, and the Slovak Republic.
US deploys F-22 stealth fighters to Qatar for 1st time
- The United States has deployed F-22 stealth fighters to Qatar for the first time, its military said yesterday. The announcement adds to a buildup of US forces in the Gulf amid tensions with Iran.
- The US Air Forces Central Military Command stated that the Air Force F-22 Raptor stealth fighters have been deployed to defend American forces and interests. The number of hi-tech planes sent was not specified.
- Tehran and Washington have been locked in an escalating standoff since US President Donald Trump unilaterally withdrew from a multi-party 2015 nuclear deal with Iran and reimposed sanctions on the Islamic republic.
- Tensions spiked last week when Iran shot down a US drone over sensitive Gulf waters following a series of tanker attacks that Washington blamed on Tehran, which has denied involvement.
- In May, the US Air Force deployed several nuclear-capable B-52 Stratofortress bombers and an aircraft carrier task force to the Gulf.
RANKING & INDEX
Nagaland occupies the top position in the unemployment rate: NSSO Survey
- According to the survey, “The Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) for 2017-18” which is conducted by National Sample Survey Organization (NSSO).
- The huge variations among the states in terms of the unemployment rate. The overall unemployment rate is around 6.1. Nagaland has the highest unemployment rate among the states with the percentage of 21.4%. It is followed by Goa (1 3.9%) and Manipur(1 1.6%)
- Meghalaya has the lowest rate at 1.5%.Chhattisgarh and Sikkim have the lowest rates. Urban areas witnessed higher unemployment (7.8%) than rural areas (5.3%). Females have the lowest unemployment rate (5.7%) in comparison to males (6.2%).
- Nagaland top in the list of union territories while Dadra and Nagar Haveli with a low rate of 0.6%. Goa and Kerala are high in female unemployment at 26.0% and 23.3%respectively.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Govt. to celebrate 2 years of GST on July 1st
- Government of India organized an event on July 1 to celebrate the second anniversary of Goods and Services Tax (GST). The event will be addressed by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman. The event will be held in Ambedkar Bhawan.
- The event will be attended by senior officers of the central and state tax authorities. The two years presentation of GST and the road ahead for the indirect tax regime will be published.
- The pilot of new return filing replaces the current system of GSTR-3B (summary returns) and GSTR-1 (supplies return) launched on July 1, 2019. The generation of e-way bill for transporting goods over Rs 50,000.
- GST has 17 local levies rolled out on the intervening night of June 30 and July 1, 2017. The ceremony held in the central hall of the parliament. GST transformed India into ‘One Nation, One Tax’ that binds the country into an economic union.
- GST simplified with tax rates being lowered for nearly 500 products and return filing system streamlined.
West Bengal introduces free crop insurance scheme Bangla Shashya Bima for farmers
- West Bengal Government launched a crop insurance scheme, Bangla Shashya Bima (BSB). The reason for the launch of 2019 ‘Kharif’ season is to protect farmers from losses due to natural disasters.
- Their main aim is to provide a steady income in case of unstable market prices. The scheme launched in collaboration with Agriculture Insurance Company of India (AIC).
- The crop insurance scheme is “free of cost for farmers” as the state government would pay the entire premium. The crops include Aman and Aus paddy, jute and maize under the scheme.
- This scheme is applicable for farmers in 15 districts. Those districts include Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Purba Bardhaman, Paschim aardhaman, Purba Medinipur, Malda, Hooghly, Nadia, Murshidabad, Cooch Behar, Birbhum, Purulia, Dakshin Dinajpur, North 24 Parganas, and South 24 Parganas.
About West Bengal
- Capital: Kolkata
- Chief minister: Mamata Banerjee
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
Sharad Kumar Saraf is appointed as the new President of FIEO
- Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) has elected Sharad Kumar Saraf as its new president. Saraf will succeed renowned exporter Ganesh.
- Saraf in his earlier stints at FIEO has served twice as vice-president and four times as regional chairman. He is chairman and founder of Technocraft Industries (India).
- Federation of Indian Export Organisations Interface between international trading community of India and Centre and state government, railways, ports, surface transport, financial institutions.
Sarada Kumar Hota took over as NHB MD
- Government of India, Canara Bank General Manager (GM) Sarada Kumar Hota assumed charge as the National Housing Bank (NHB) Managing Director. It lasted for a period of three years. He succeeds Sriram Kalyanaraman.
- He served as the managing director of Can Fin Homes, a subsidiary of Canara Bank. NHB wholly owned by the Government. Last week, NHB tightened rules on leverage and capital adequacy ratio for HFCs, by capping the borrowing limit of these companies at 12 times the net owned fund as on 31 March, 2022
NHB is now 100% owned by the government.
- Founded: 9 July 1988
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Keshni Anand Arora appointed Chief Secretary of Haryana
- The Haryana government appointed senior IAS officer Keshni Anand Arora as the State’s new Chief Secretary on June 30. Arora, 58, replaces D.S. Dhesi, who retired on June 30, an official order said.
- Arora previously served as Additional Chief Secretary, Haryana government, and Financial Commissioner, Department of Revenue and Disaster Management and Department of Consolidation.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Nirmala Sitharaman among 100 most influential women driving UK-India relationship
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is among the 100 most influential women driving the UK-India relationship forward alongside one of Britain’s senior-most Cabinet ministers Penny Mordaunt.
- The ‘100 Most Influential in UK-India Relations: Celebrating Women’ list was launched by UK Home Secretary Sajid Javid to mark India Day in the Houses of Parliament in London on Monday.
- It credited Sitharaman, also the Minister of Corporate Affairs, as one of India’s most “powerful women” who plays a “pivotal” role in the bilateral relationship – as India’s former defence minister and now finance minister.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
NASA announced a new mission to explore Saturn’s largest moon
- NASA announced a new mission to explore this fascinating world with a helicopter drone. The mission, called Dragonfly is the latest in NASA’s new frontier program. NASA has earlier launched explorations of Pluto, Jupiter, the asteroid Bennu, and now, Titan.
- Titan, the largest moon of Saturn, has a lot in common with Earth. It has a thick, nitrogen-dense atmosphere and features like rivers, lakes, mountains, and, potentially volcanoes.
- The atmosphere of Titan is four times as dense as the Earth’s and there’s less gravity which makes it a prime location in the solar system to deploy a drone.
Veer Chotrani wins U19 Asian squash title
- The talented youngster Veer Chotrani annexed the u-19 boys’ title in an all-India final with higher seeded Yash Fadte settling for silver medal. Veer won 11-5, 9-11, 11-7, 9-11, 11-7.
- Veer is now the third Indian to win this prestigious title after Ravi Dixit and Vela Senthilkumar earlier. Veer — son of former national champion Manish Chotrani — was the U-13 winner five years ago in Iran.
- Two other finals featuring Indians did not yield gold. Neel Joshi settled for silver in the boys’ u-17 category as did Yuvna Gupta in the girls’ u-15 section.
July 1 – The National Doctors Day
- The National Doctors Day was created to accommodate the services of doctors and individuals for the community. The First Doctor’s Day was celebrated in India in the year 1991.
- July 1 happens to be the birth and death anniversary of the most famous physician of India – Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy. It is hence a tribute to his contributions to the health domain in the country.
- The theme of National Doctor’s Day 2019 is “Zero tolerance to violence against doctors and clinical establishment”. Every year the theme was announced by the Indian Medical Association.
- The theme will raise awareness about the violence happening with the doctors across India. The week of July 1 to Jul 8, 2019, will also be celebrated as ‘Safe Fraternity Week’.
Attend Current Affairs Quiz for the Month of May – 2019 from the link that is provided below.
Learn the Other Day Current Affairs from bankersdaily Team from the link that is provided below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.