DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: MARCH 1, 2019
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: MARCH 1, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (March 1, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
‘Banglar Shiksha’ web portal launched by West Bengal Government to provide Real-Time Data on schools :
- West Bengal Education Minister, Partha Chatterjee unveiled a web portal, “Banglar Shiksha“ (banglarshiksha.gov.in), to provide real-time data on state-run and aided schools.
- This Web portal will store real-time data of 1.5 crore students, 5 lakh teachers and 1 lakh schools and will also address many issues like attendance of students and teachers.
STATIC: West Bengal
CM- Mamata Banerjee
Governor- K.N. Tripathi
Thaawarchand Gehlot launched Second edition of Indian Sign Language Dictionary :
- Edition of Indian Sign Language (ISL) Dictionary was launched by Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, Thaawarchand Gehlot in New Delhi.
- The Dictionary was developed by Indian Sign Language Research and Training Centre (ISLRTC) and it included 6 thousand words under different categories such as legal, academic, technical, medical and everyday terms.
‘International Digital Health Symposium’ inaugurated by Anupriya Patel in New Delhi :
- Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare, Smt. Anupriya Patel, inaugurated the International Digital Health Symposium and an exhibition on Digital Health as a part of the Symposium, at New Delhi, where participant countries along with various Government Ministries, states and other stakeholders showcased key innovations, implementation experiences and innovative Digital Health Interventions.
- The Symposium provided a forum to learn from global leaders in the field of digital health and innovation and was an opportunity for countries to showcase innovations and share experiences of implementing digital health interventions for health systems strengthening and Universal Health Coverage.
Nagpur hosted Heat Wave 2019 Workshop :
- Maharashtra government with National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) has conducted a two-day national workshop on Preparedness, Mitigation and Management of Heat Wave in Nagpur.
- The main motive behind this workshop was to aim to sensitize state to the need of preparing and implementing specific Heat Action Plans in line with NDMA’s national guidelines on Heat Wave.
Capital : Mumbai
CM: Devendra Fadnavis
Governor : C. Vidyasagar Rao.
India and Brunei signed an agreement to exchange information on tax and banking matters:
- India and Brunei signed a pact for exchange of Information and Assistance in Collection with respect to taxes in order to curb tax evasion and tax avoidance in New Delhi.
- This agreement will facilitate both the countries to exchange information, including banking and ownership information for tax purposes and will also avail mutual assistance in collection of tax revenue claims.
Capital : Bandar Seri Begawan
Currency : Brunei dollar
Prime Minister : Hassanal Bolkiah.
BANKING & ECONOMY
IDBI Bank & LIC of India sign BANCA Agreement to Sell LIC Products :
- IDBI Bank and Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) signed a bancassurance agreement under which the lender will offer LIC’s insurance products at its branches.
- The State-owned life insurer, LIC, acquired a majority stake in IDBI Bank, and the bank has also appointed LIC Chairman Hemant Bhargava as its non-executive whole-time Chairman.
STATIC: IDBI Bank
Chairman : Hemant Bhargava
MD & CEO : Rakesh Sharma
Headquarters : Mumbai
RBI will infuse Rs. 37,500 Crore into the system through OMO :
- The Reserve Bank of India announced that in order to increase liquidity, it will infuse Rs. 37,500 crore into the system through purchase of government securities under Open Market Operations (OMOs).
- The infusion will be made through three auctions of Rs 125 billion.The aggregate amount will be Rs 375 billion.
STATIC: Reserve Bank of India
Governor – Shaktikanta Das
Headquarters- Mumbai, Maharashtra
PNB tops in the implementation of ‘reforms agenda’ in 2018:
- According to BCG-IBA Report on EASE Reforms index released by Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs, Punjab National Bank (PNB) which is fraud hit bank, secured the top spot among all public sector banks in the implementation of ‘Reforms agenda’.
- The EASE (Enhanced Access and Service Excellence) report has shown significant enhancement in PSB performance on the back of Government’s 4R’s strategy- recognition, recovery, recapitalisation and reforms.
- PNB which topped the list with a score of 78.4 out of 100 in the EASE-index was followed by BoB (77.8), SBI (74.6), Oriental Bank of Commerce (69).
ICICI Lombard partners with Hyderabad-based startup ATL :
- A private sector non-life insurance company in India ICICI Lombard has entered into a strategic partnership with Hyderabad based peer-to-peer lending platform AnyTimeLoan.in (ATL) to provide insurance cover for its lenders and borrowers.
- ICICI Lombard will offer Group Secure Mind and Group Personal Accident policies to the customers of ATL which will cover the borrowers of all types of loans on the platform with policy term of 1 to 3 years.
Chris Gayle became 1st batsman in the world to hit 500 sixes :
- West Indies cricketer Chris Gayle became the first player in the world to hit 500 sixes the 14th batsman and second from the Caribbean after Brian Lara, to reach the milestone of 10,000 ODI runs, after scoring 162 off 97 balls against England in the fourth ODI at the National Cricket Stadium in St George’s, Grenada.
Deepak Singh bags gold at Makran Cup boxing :
- National champion Deepak Singh (49kg) was the lone Indian boxer to notch up a gold by defeating Jaafar Naseri, while five others claimed silver medals in the Makran Cup in Chabahar, Iran.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.