DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: FEBRUARY 28, 2019
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: FEBRUARY 28, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (February 28, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
HRD Ministry launches SHREYAS to skill non-technical students :
- SHREYAS – ‘Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills’ launched by the Union minister Prakash Javadekar for providing industry apprenticeship opportunities to fresh graduates.
- This scheme is a programme basket comprising the initiatives of three central ministries, including the HRD, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, and the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
Skill Development Min inaugurates Skill Saathi Youth Conclave in Odisha :
- Union Minister for Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, inaugurated the first-ever, Nua Odisha – Dharmapada Samvaad – Skill Saathi Youth Conclave at Rail Auditorium in Bhubaneswar which was aired live across 427 locations in Odisha.
- The Skill Saathi initiative has mobilized and counselled over 1 lakh candidate in Odisha and over 10 lakh youth across India in the past 3 months.
- It provides information on vocational training programs under the Skill India mission, conducts psychometric test and provide face-to-face counselling interventions to guide aspirants to make the right choice of based on their interest and aptitude.
Smriti Irani inaugurated Titanwala Museum at Bagru, Rajasthan :
- Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani inaugurated the ‘Titanwala Museum‘ which showcases the Chhipa community’s art of traditional hand-block printing at Bagru, Rajasthan.
- The initiative of setting up the museum was taken up by Suraj Narayan Titanwala, as an effort towards preserving the art of traditional Bagru block printing.
Capital : Jaipur
Chief Minister : Ashok Gehlot
Governor : Kalyan Singh
Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal Launches PRANAM Commission to Protect Parents of Govt Employees :
- Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal launched the PRANAM Commission, a panel set up to look after the issues concerning a Bill brought in for protection of parents of state government employees.
- The Parents Responsibility and Norms for Accountability and Monitoring (PRANAM) Bill, stated to be the first-of its-kind Bill in the country, is an effort to protect elderly parents of government employees in their times of need.
Civil Aviation Ministry Organised the ‘Aviation Conclave 2019’ :
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation, in association with Airports Authority of India, AAICLAS and Confederation of Indian Industry, is organizing the Aviation Conclave 2019 with an overarching theme of “Flying for All” in New Delhi.
- This Conclave was about the future of Indian aviation, bringing together industry leaders, government and regulators for setting the tone and propelling us to realize our Vision-2040.
The 16th edition BioAsia 2019 held at HICC, Hyderabad :
- The 16th edition BioAsia 2019, the international life sciences convention was conducted at HICC, Hyderabad.The theme of the conference was ‘Life Sciences 4.0 – Disrupt the Disruption’.
- The event is organized by the Industries and Commerce Department in partnership with Government of India, Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Federation of Asian Biotech Associations (FABA) and Pharmaceutical Export Promotion Council (Pharmexcil).
- Technology Conferences of BioAsia is a Science-Business bridge, that aims to bring together a trans-disciplinary environment for driving innovation in the life sciences industry.
CM: K. Chandrashekar Rao.
20th session of India-Italy JCEC session held in New Delhi :
- The 2-day long session of the 20th India-Italy Joint Commission for Economic Cooperation (JCEC) was held in New Delhi
- This was co-chaired by the Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Suresh Prabhu and the Deputy Minister of Economic Development , Mr. Michele Geraci.
- Both countries, through facilitating dialogue and enhancing cooperation in a wide range of sectors like machinery, infrastructure and engineering, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) including digitalization, agriculture and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), looked forward towards the development of bilateral economic and trade relations between them.
AWARDS & HONOURS
CZPDC Bhopal and WZPDC Indore honoured with Saubhagya Award :
- The Central Zone Power Distribution Company (CZPDC), Bhopal and West Zone Power Distribution Company (WZPDC), Indore were conferred with the “Saubhagya Award” under Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana at the National Conference of Energy Ministers by the Union Minister of State for Energy, R.K. Singh.The award includes a cash prize of Rs 100 crore each.
PM confers National Youth Parliament Festival 2019 Awards :
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi conferred the National Youth Parliament Festival 2019 awards at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.He also launched the Khelo India App at the event.
- It was organised by the National Service Scheme (NSS) in collaboration with Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS), under the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports.There were around 56 contestants at the event in the national level.
- The winners from the national level competition are Shweta Umre from Maharashtra(First position),Anjanakshi M.S from Karnataka(Second position),Mamta Kumari from Bihar(Third position).
Mukesh Ambani becomes world’s 8th richest with $54 bn wealth :
- Reliance Industries’ 61-year-old Chairman Mukesh Ambani is the world’s eighth-richest person with a net worth of $54 billion, as per Hurun Global Rich List 2019.
- Ambani is the only Asian among the top 10. Amazon’s Jeff Bezos topped the list with $147 billion wealth, followed by Bill Gates and Warren Buffett with $96 billion and $88 billion wealth respectively.
India Ranks 47th Out of 100 Countries In The ‘Inclusive Internet Index 2019’ :
- According to the Inclusive Internet Index (3i) prepared by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) for Facebook, India ranked 47th in the overall “Inclusive Internet Index 2019″ score while Sweden topped the chart, followed by Singapore and the US.
- The index was expanded to include 100 countries which will represent 94% of the world’s population and 96% of global GDP.
- The UK, Namibia and Ireland, followed by Austria, Chile and South Africa, are among the top performers of the year.
Headquarters: California, US
CEO: Mark Zuckerberg.
Hemant Bhargava Appointed as the Non-Executive Chairman of IDBI Bank :
- IDBI Bank announced the appointment of Hemant Bhargava as the Non Executive, Non Whole time Chairman of IDBI Bank for a period of three years or till he continues as the Chairman-in-charge & MD of LIC.
MD and CEO: Rakesh Sharma.
NBT appoints Govind Prasad Sharma as Chairman :
- The National Book Trust (NBT) has appointed educationist and author Govind Prasad Sharma as its new Chairman by replacing Baldeo Sharma.
- Sharma also served as Vice Chairman of Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education.He is the author of more than six academic books and several research papers, and has edited a few collected works.
Saurabh Chaudhary , Manu Bhaker win gold in 10m Air Pistol Mixed Team :
- Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary clinched the gold medal with 483.4 points in the 10m Air Pistol Mixed Team event at the ISSF World Cup in New Delhi.
- Ranxin Jiang and Bowen Zhang of China won silver while the Republic of Korea pair Minjung Kim and Daehun Park got the bronze.
- Manu and Saurabh pair had earlier equalled Qualification World Record and also set a new Qualification World Record Junior by shooting 778 points.
National Science Day is being observed on February 28:
- National Science Day is being observed in India on February 28.The day marks important discovery made by scientist CV Raman – the Raman Effect.
- Theme of National Science Day 2019 is “Science for people and people for science.”
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.