DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: MARCH 23 , 2019
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: MARCH 23 , 2019
Daily Current Affairs (March 23, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Sudin Dhavalikar, Vijay Sardesai named as Deputy CM’s of Goa :
- Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP)’s Sudin Dhavalikar and Goa Forward Party (GFP)’s chief Vijay Sardesai has been appointed as Goa Deputy Chief Minister, after the appointment of Goa’s new CM Pramod Sawant.
- Sudin Dhavalikar, Vijay Sardesai will succeeded Francis Dsouza.
New Zealand Announces Ban on Military-Style Semi-automatics and Assault Rifles :
- New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has announced a ban on all military-style semi-automatic weapons, assault rifles and high-capacity magazines.
- New Zealand has decided to overhaul gun laws in the country in the backdrop of the Christchurch mosque shootings.It is estimated that there are about 1.2-1.5 million guns in New Zealand which has a population of about 5 million people.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
Chacko Purackal Thomas has been appointed as MD and CEO of Tata Coffee :
- Tata Coffee announced the appointment of Chacko Purackal Thomas as the managing director and chief executive officer by replacing Sanjiv Sarin.He will assume the charge from April 1, 2019.
Aamir Khan appointed as Brand Ambassador of PhonePe :
- India’s fastest growing payments platform PhonePe appointed Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan as its brand Ambassador.
- It will help PhonePe to create awareness about the benefits of digital payments across India. It will simplify digital payments for millions of Indians with innovation and trust in a very short span of time.
Fifa bans former Ecuador football chief Luis Chiriboga for life :
- World football governing body FIFA has imposed a lifetime ban on 72 years old, former Ecuadorian Football Federation (FEF) President, Luis Chiriboga. He has also fined with million swiss francs ($1.01 million).
- He was also the former member of FIFA’s standing committee and the South American Football Confederation’s (CONMEBOL) executive committee.
Karambir Singh To Take Over As Next Chief of Naval Staff :
- Vice Admiral Karambir Singh has been appointed as the next chief of Indian Navy. Karambir will succeed Chief of Naval Staff Vice Admiral Sunil Lanba.The Next Chief of the Naval Staff appointment will effect from May 31, 2019.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Xiaomi launches a UPI payment app ‘Mi Pay’ in India :
- Xiaomi launched Mi Pay, a UPI (Unified Payments Interface) Based mobile payment service in India to send money from one bank account to another or between UPI (Unified Payments Interface) accounts.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
A book titled ‘The Great Disappointment has been released by Salman Anees Soz launched :
- Economic commentator and Congress member Salman Anees Soz released the book ‘The Great Disappointment: How Narendra Modi Squandered A Unique Opportunity to Transform the Indian Economy’.This book is the evaluation of P.M Modi’s impact on Indian economy.
Lakshya & Riya break into top 100 in BWF badminton rankings:
- Young Indian shuttlers Lakshya Sen and Riya Mookerjee broke into the top-100 among Men’s and Women’s singles players in the latest World Badminton Rankings. Making a massive jump of 28 places, Lakshya Sen is placed 76th.
- Riya Mookerjee climbed up 19 spots to be placed 94th. In the women’s singles rankings, P V Sindhu and Saina Nehwal are static with Sindhu at sixth and Saina at ninth position.
India clinch fifth straight SAFF Women’s Championship :
- India continued their dominance at the SAFF Women’s Championship by lifting their fifth straight title with a 3-1 victory over hosts Nepal in the final.
- India’s Dalmia Chhibber scored first goal of the match in 26th minute. India’s Indumathi Kathiresan and Sabitra Tamang of Nepal remained top scorer of the tournament, both scored four goal each.
Renowned Indian Artist Haku Shah Passes Away at 85 :
- Renowned Indian artist Haku Shah, who was known for his tribal and folk art has passed away due to cardiac arrest at the age of 85 years. He hailed from Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
Martyr’s Day is being observed on 23rd March:
- Shaheed Diwas or Martyr’s Day is being observed on 23rd March. Each year, March 23, homage is paid to the great revolutionary fighters Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev who sacrificed their lives for the country.
World Tuberculosis (TB) Day is commemorated on March 24 :
- World Tuberculosis (TB) Day is commemorated on March 24 to raise public awareness about the devastating health, social and economic consequences of TB, and to step up efforts to end the global TB epidemic. The theme of World TB Day 2019 – ‘It’s time’.
World Poetry Day is being observed on March 21 :
- World Poetry Day is observed every year on March 21st by United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- World Poetry Day aims to promote the reading, writing, publishing and teaching of poetry throughout the world.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.