DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: MARCH 5 2019
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: MARCH 5 2019
Daily Current Affairs (March 5, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
PM launches One Nation, One Card in Ahmedabad :
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched ‘One Nation, One Card’ Model from Ahmedabad, Gujarat for seamless travel through different metros and other transport systems.
- The Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs introduced the ‘National Common Mobility Card’ (NCMC) to enable seamless travel by different metros and other transport systems across the country besides retail shopping and purchases.
- The ‘National Common Mobility Card’ (NCMC), an indigenous automatic fare collection system based on One Nation One Card Model, is the first of its kind indigenously developed payment platform in India.These are bank issued cards based on Debit, Credit and Prepaid card platform.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired the National Security Council in New Delhi :
- Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has chaired a meeting of the National Security Council in New Delhi,which was followed by heightened tensions with Pakistan.
- The National Security advisor, Ajit Doval has advised the prime minister on matters of national security owing to the latest security scenario after Pulwana attack.
Abu Dhabi Hosted Organization Of Islamic Corporation Meeting :
- The 46th session of the Council of Foreign Ministers of the Organisation of Islamic Co-operation (OIC) has been hosted by Abu Dhabi. It was a two-day gathering dedicated to discussing ways to combat hate speech, extremism and conflict in the region.
- Sushma Swaraj attended the inaugural session of the Organisation of Islamic Co-operation meeting in Abu Dhabi where she was welcomed as a “guest of honour”.
STATIC: United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Capital: Abu Dhabi,
U.S. and South Korea end military exercises “Foal Eagle 2019” and “Key Resolve”:
- The United States and South Korea decided to call off their joint exercise “Foal Eagle” and “Key Resolve” and instead bifurcate them into smaller exercises.
- This is being done to ease tensions with North Korea. They were earlier scheduled to take place in spring of 2019.
- While “Key Resolve” will be replaced by “Dongmaeng” which is also known as alliance in English, Foal Eagle drills will be replaced by a smaller battalion-sized exercise.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
ISRO launches ‘Yuva Vigyani Karyakram’ for school children :
- Indian Space Research Organisation launched “Yuva VIgyani Karyakram”, a “Young Scientist Programme” for the School Children to be studying in the ninth standard.
- ISRO Scientists will impart basic knowledge on Space Technology, Space Science and Space Applications to the young ones with the intent of arousing their interest in the emerging areas of Space activities.
- “Catch them young” residential training programme will be of around two weeks duration during summer holidays with a proposal to select 3 students from each State and Union Territory, covering CBSE, ICSE and State syllabus.
STATIC : ISRO
Director: K. Sivan
India Topped in Global Consumer Confidence Survey :
- India ranked first in the Confidence Board Global Consumer Confidence Survey which was conducted in collaboration with a global performance management company Nielsen Holdings.
- South Korea has the most pessimistic consumer who are worried about rising inflation, lower wage growth, unemployment, a weak stock market and global trade uncertainties in the world.
- The Global Consumer Confidence Index became highest in 14 years by increasing one point to 107 in 4th quarter of 2018.
Pranay Kumar Verma named India’s next Ambassador to Vietnam :
- Pranay Kumar Verma has been appointed as India’s Ambassador to the Socialist Republic of Vietnam by the Ministry of External Affairs .
- Pranay Kumar Verma is a 1994 cadre Indian Foreign Services Officer and presently working as the Joint Secretary at Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
Currency: Vietnamese Dong.
President: Nguyen Phu Trong
Sanjeev Ranjan to be designated as Secretary at MoRTH :
- Senior IAS officer Sanjeev Ranjan has been designated as secretary of Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH).
- He will be succeeded by Nagendra Nath Sinha as a NHAI chief, who is managing director in National Highways and infrastructure Development Corporation.
Anil Kumble re-appointed as chairman of the ICC Cricket Committee:
- Anil Kumble, a former India captain and great leg spinner was re-appointed ICC (International Cricket Council) Cricket Committee Chairman for a final 3 year term in a board meeting of cricket council in Dubai.
BANKING & ECONOMY
Sebi board approves lowering of fees for brokers, exchanges :
- SEBI board with a view to making more cost-effective trade in Indian stock market approved lowering of fees charged from brokers, stock exchange and the companies seeking to get listed.
- SEBI also decided to reduce fees payable by the issuers for one refiling,which is done within one year of validity of observation letter.
- The fees payable to brokers is reduced by 33.33% from Rs.15 per crore of transactions to Rs.10. In case of agri-commodity derivative transactions, the fee would be reduced sharply by 93.33% from Rs.15 to just Re.1.
STATIC: Securities and Exchange Board of India
Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi
RBI imposes Rs 11 crore fine on 4 banks for delayed implementation of Swift operations :
- The RBI has imposed a total monetary fine of Rs 11 crore on four banks – Karnataka Bank (Rs.4 Crore) , Union Bank (Rs.3 Crore) , Dena Bank (Rs.2 Crore) and IDBI Bank (Rs.1 Crore) – for non-compliance of directions on Swift messaging software.
- State Bank of India( Rs. 1 crore) for delaying the implementation of the daily reconciliation of Swift transaction logs at 226 “low intensity branches” of the bank.
- The penalty has been imposed for the delay caused in following the guidelines mentioned in ‘Time bound implementation and strengthening of SWIFT related controls’ issued by the Reserve Bank of India .
AWARDS & HONOURS
Indian Bank receives Best Bank award from TN Govt :
- Indian Bank, a Public Sector Bank (PSB), headquartered at Chennai, Tamil Nadu has been awarded the Best Bank Award by the Tamil Nadu government for successfully meeting the needs of women’s self-help groups (SHGs).
- The award was given to MK Bhattacharya, the executive director of Indian Bank by the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu K Palaniswami at Salem, Tamil Nadu.
Bhagwan Lal Sahni appointed Chairman of the National Commission for – Backward Classes :
- Bhagwan Lal Sahni from Bihar has been designated as the Chairman of the National Commission for Backward Classes. Further Kaushalendra Singh Patel & Acharya Talloju have been designated as the members of the commission.
Tata Steel recognised as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies:
- Private steel major Tata Steel has been recognised as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute, a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices.
- With this, Tata Steel has got the recognition eight times in the ‘Metals, Minerals and Mining’ category.Tata Steel is one of the only two honorees in the ‘Metals, Minerals and Mining’ industry.
DRDO chairman Satheesh Reddy wins missile systems award :
- Dr G Satheesh Reddy, Chairman of the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), has been chosen by the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) as the co-winner of the 2019 Missile Systems Award.The other co-winner is Rondell J. Wilson who is a former Principal Engineering Fellow of Raytheon Missile Systems.
- This award is given in recognition of excellence in developing or implementing missile systems technology, including significant technological accomplishments or for inspired leadership of missile systems programs.
Riverdale actor Luke Perry passes away at 52 :
- Luke Perry an American actor has passed away in California at the age of 52, less than a week after suffering a massive stroke. The actor rose to fame for his roles in ‘Beverly Hills 90210′ and “Riverdale“.
National Safety Day is being observed on 4th March :
- Every year National Safety Day(NSC) is observed on 4th March by National Safety Council of India.Theme of the National Safety Day is “Cultivate and Sustain a safety culture for building nation”.
- This day is celebrated to make every people safe from issues like Financial Loss, Health problems and environmental problems.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.