DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : October 19, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (October 19, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
Interpol to hold general assembly in India in 2022
- India will host the 91st Interpol General Assembly in 2022 after a proposal received the overwhelming support of member countries at this year’s congregation at Santinago in Chile.
- A proposal in this regard was given to Interpol Secretary General Jurgen Stock by Union Home Minister Amit Shah when the two met in New Delhi during Mr Stock’s official visit.
- The 91st Interpol General Assembly in India in the year 2022 will be held as part of celebrations of the 75th anniversary of Indian Independence.
- Rishi Kumar Shukla, the director of the CBI represents Interpol in India as the country’s national central bureau, moved the proposal in the ongoing 88th general assembly in Santiago following which it was put to vote.
- Interpol in Lyon, France, is an international police cooperation organisation with 194 member states and 100 years of experience of international cooperation in policing.
Sixth Edition of Dilli Series Seapower Seminar Concludes at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala
- The sixth edition of the Dilli Series Seapower Seminar on “Role of Sea Power in Shaping of Nations” concluded at the Indian Naval Academy (INA).
- Eight papers were presented during the seminar centered on the theme. An invitational talk by Vice Admiral Girish Luthra, PVSM, AVSM, VSM (Retd), former Flag Officer Commanding – in – Chief, Western Naval Command was also a highlight of the event.
- The event was attended by several serving and retired senior Naval Officers, eminent academicians, representatives of think tanks, defence analysts and distinguished luminaries.
Rajnath Singh okays girls admission in Sainik Schools
- Defence Ministry two years ago for admitting girl students in Sainik School Chhingchhip in Mizoram.
- “The decision is in line with the objective of the government towards greater inclusiveness, gender equality, enabling greater participation of women in Armed Forces and strengthening the motto of ”Beti Bachao Beti Padhao”, propagated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi,” said a defence ministry statement.
- There are 33 Sainik Schools across the country. Sainik School had opened admission to girl students in 2017, with the induction of six girls, in accordance with the pilot project undertaken by the Central government.
Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurates 11th Nuclear Energy Conclave
- The Union Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (I/C), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh at the inauguration of 11th Nuclear Energy Conclave, said that we have been able to fulfil the vision of Homi Bhabha. The Government has diversified the applications of nuclear energy in various social fields.
- The Chairman, Nuclear Energy Group, India Energy Forum and Chancellor Homi Bhabha National Institute, Dr. Srikumar Banerjee said that nuclear energy is what we can claim to be totally indigenous.
- The Theme of the Conclave is “Economics of Nuclear Power- Innovation towards Safer & Cost Effective Technologies.
Satya Pal Malik inaugurates J&K Bazar
- Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik has inaugurated J&K Bazar, a retail showroom of authentic Jammu Kashmir Handicrafts, Handlooms, Silk, Agro-based products and Restaurant serving Authentic Kashmiri Cuisine at J&K House in New Delhi.
- The newly constructed state-of-the-art showroom is for promoting J&K specific products of handicrafts and authentic cuisine. The project has been completed over a short period of time.
India-US Bilateral Defence Trade to Reach $18 Billion This Year
- Ahead of the ninth India-US Defence Technologies and Trade Initiative or DTTI group meeting in New Delhi, the bilateral defence trade between the two countries is expected to reach $18 billion by year end.
- Undersecretary of Defence for Acquisition and Sustainment Ellen M Lord said the US is committed to strengthen its partnership with India while furthering military-to-military relationships and cooperation.
Finance Minister led the Indian delegation at G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors meetings
- Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs, Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman, led the Indian delegation at G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors as well as the BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors meetings held in Washington D.C.
- The focus of discussions in the G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meeting was on the current challenges to the global economy and possible responses to mitigate them. She gave a clarion call for concerted action in the face of global slowdown.
- Smt. Sitharaman indicated that India has reduced the Corporate tax from 30% to 22% thereby making India one of the lowest corporate tax imposing countries in the world. She also highlighted that the emerging market economies, in particular, face the challenge of achieving economic growth and inclusive development while pursuing sustainable financing.
Govt to bring all medical devices under CDSCO lens to improve safety & quality
- The government plans to bring all medical devices, including implants and contraceptives, under the lens of the Central Drugs and Standard Control Organisation so as to improve their safety and quality.
- Once finalised, the import, manufacture and sale of all medical devices will need to be certified by the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO). Manufacturers will also have to seek licences from the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI).
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare said it plans to define all medical devices, which were earlier not under the purview of the apex drug controller, as drugs under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act effective December 1.
AGREEMENTS AND MOUS
DRDO signs 30 agreements on Technology Transfer
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has signed 30 licensing agreements for Transfer of Technology (ToT) with 16 Indian companies, including three start-ups, at Vibrant Goa Global Expo and Summit 2019, which is being held at Goa University, Taleigao, Goa.
- The DRDO develops technologies for the Armed Forces and has been carrying out ToT of these technologies to the defence industry for end use of the Armed Forces.
- Indian Armed Forces are procuring ready-to-eat meals, survival ration and emergency flying ration products from companies which have acquired ToT from DRDO.
BANKING AND BUSINESS ECONOMY
RIL becomes first company to hit Rs 9 lakh crore in m-cap on BSE
- Oil-to-telecom major Reliance Industries (RIL) became the first company in India to hit the market capitalisation of Rs 9 lakh crore. RIL was also the first company to reach Rs 8 lakh crore mark in August last year.
- The market-cap of Mukesh Ambani-led Company stood at Rs 9.03 lakh crore when the stock traded at Rs 1,428, up 2 per cent at 10.45 hours (IST) September quarter earnings due later in the day. This rise in share price helped the company.
Adani partners UAE’s Adnoc, Germany’s BASF for $4 billion chemical venture
- Billionaire Gautam Adani-run Adani Group has forged a partnership with UAE’s oil firm Adnoc, German chemical giant BASF and Austria’s Borealis to study the feasibility of setting up a USD 4 billion chemical complex at Mundra in Gujarat by 2024.
- The four firms have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to “engage in a joint feasibility study to further evaluate a collaboration for establishment of a chemical complex in Mundra, Gujarat,”.
- In January this year, Adani Group had announced plans to set up a Rs 16,000 crore chemical factory at Mundra in partnership with BASF.
Adani awards $68.30 mn contract to Australian rail firm to support thermal coal mine
- India’s Adani Enterprises has awarded a contract to an Australian rail company as the conglomerate steps up infrastructure spending to support its new thermal coal mine in Queensland State.
- The A$100 million ($68.30 million) contract was awarded to privately held Martinus Rail, based in the regional city of Rockhampton.
- Adani Mining Chief Executive Lucas Dow said more than A$450 million worth of contracts had already been awarded on the Carmichael Project, the majority to regional Queensland areas.
Maharashtra police ties up with AI firm to prevent spread of fake news
- The Maharashtra State Assembly Elections, the Maharashtra Police has tied up with Logically, an extended intelligence (artificial and human intelligence)-powered tech firm, to detect and prevent the spread of fake news.
- The company helps detects fake news, logical fallacy, and inaccuracies. It has been monitoring various social media platforms since 20 days to monitor cases of violation under the Model Code of Conduct (MCC).
Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC) has conducted the second edition of Defence of Andaman & Nicobar Islands 2019 (DANX-19)
- Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC) has conducted the second edition of Defence of Andaman & Nicobar Islands 2019 (DANX-19), a large scale joint services exercise.
- The Indian Army, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard carried out mobilisation and field manoeuvres to validate defensive plans of Headquarters ANC towards pursuance of the Command’s responsibility, namely ensuring territorial integrity of the A&N Islands.
- In addition to internal forces from ANC, accretional forces from Mainland comprising ships and aircraft, Special Forces from the newly formed Armed Forces Special Operations Division (AFSOD), also participated in this edition.
Venezuela wins seat on UN Human Rights Council
- Venezuela has won a seat on the United Nations Human Rights Council, despite widespread criticism of its poor human rights record.
- A UN General Assembly meeting in Geneva saw the Latin American country elected to one of 14 new seats on the 47-member body.
- Nicolas Maduro’s government hailed it as an “important achievement”. His administration is accused of jailing, torturing and arbitrarily arresting opposition figures.
- More than 50 countries no longer recognise Mr Maduro as the country’s legitimate leader. The US and most governments in Latin America – as well as EU states like France, Germany, Spain and the UK – back opposition leader Juan Guaido as the interim president.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Scientists discover world’s fastest ant
- German Scientists have discovered the world’s fastest ant which runs at speeds equivalent of 360mph in humans.
- The Saharan silver ant – named after where it lives – can put in 50 strides a second, covering a distance of nearly a metre (85.5cm). To put this in perspective Usain Bolt does four strides a second.
- The ants scavenge the corpses of other creatures during the hottest part of the day where temperatures can reach 60C.
NASA’s All-Women Spacewalk Makes History: “One Giant Leap For Womankind”
- Two NASA astronauts, Christina Koch and Jessica Meir, set history by performing an all-female spacewalk.
- Christina Koch and Jessica Meir space-walked outside the International Space Station (ISS) to make an urgent repair to its power system.
- They concluded the spacewalk 7 hours and 17 minutes around 3 p.m. This move of the astronauts had also set a milestone by officially completing human space exploration.
Attend Current Affairs Quiz for the Month of August- 2019 from the link that is provided below.
Learn the Other Day Current Affairs from bankersdaily Team from the link that is provided below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL