DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : September 10, 2019
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs (September 10, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
DPIIT to launch plastic waste management campaign tomorrow
- Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) of Commerce Ministry will launch plastic waste management campaign under Swachhta Hi Sewa 2019 tomorrow.
- Under the campaign, DPIIT will ensure recycling of plastic waste collected on 2nd October this year in cement kilns. It will also collect plastic waste through nationwide shramdaan on 2nd of next month.
- For this, DPIIT has urged States and Union Territories to mobilise the Industrial Parks for collection of plastic waste across all Industrial Estates, Parks, Corridors, Nodes and Industrial Areas.
- The Department has also asked the state governments to sensitize Industrial Parks by focusing on Plastic Waste Management on a sustained and continuous basis.
- The move comes after Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s call for action against Plastic Waste.
Commerce Ministry: Current Minister is Piyush Goyal
Former Minister is Suresh Prabhu
Kalraj Mishra takes oath as Rajasthan Governor
- Former Union Minister Kalraj Mishra took oath of governor of Rajasthan in Jaipur today.
- Chief justice of Rajasthan High court Justice Ravindra Bhatt administered him oath of secrecy.
- He took place of Sh. Kalyan Singh who has completed the tenure of 5 years at Governor’s office.
- Mr. Kalraj Mishra is 22nd governor of the state.
- New governor has been given Guard of honor at Raj Bhawan in Jaipur.
- Many dignitaries have attended the function including Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and Deputy Chief Minister Sachin Pilot.
Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Shri Yogi Adityanath review preparations for DefExpo 2020 in the first Apex Committee meeting
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh chaired the first meeting of the Apex Committee for DefExpo 2020 here today, in the presence of Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Shri Yogi Adityanath.
- The huge exhibition that will showcase India’s Defence manufacturing capabilities as well as world’s top defence manufacturing companies would be held for the first time in Lucknow from 05 – 08 February, 2020.
- Reviewing the planning and arrangements for the event, Raksha Mantri said that the DefExpo would give a great fillip to investments being sought for the defence corridor in Uttar Pradesh.
- He recalled that during his recent visit to South Korea, several Korean companies have expressed interest to invest in Uttar Pradesh.
Motor Vehicles Act will help reduce accidents: Nitin Gadkari
- Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari says the recently amended Motor Vehicles Act will not only help reduce the number of accidents but also bring a sense of discipline among drivers.
- He was addressing a press conference in Mumbai to highlight the achievements of the NDA government in its first 100 days.
- He mentioned Triple Talaq Act, UAPA bill, Consumer Protection bill and merger of banks as some of the most important decisions taken during the period.
- The Minister also spoke on Article 370 concerning Jammu Kashmir. He said its abrogation have given momentum to the development of the State. He said the decision will create opportunities for the local people.
- He informed that infrastructure projects worth 60,000 crore rupees are in progress in the State.
PM bid farewell to Principal Secretary Nripendra Misra
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi bid farewell to the Principal Secretary Nripendra Misra at his residence in New Delhi yesterday.
- Calling Mr Misra a precious treasure, the Prime Minister recollected his last five years journey with him.
- He complimented the Principal Secretary for his hard-working nature, dedication towards work and his exemplary career as a civil servant. He narrated various instances where Mr Misra showcased his vast experience in governance.
Union Minister of State for Culture (IC) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurates the exhibition PRA-KASHI on finest trends of contemporary weaving
- Union Minister of State for Culture& Tourism (Independent Charge), Shri Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurated the exhibition PRA-KASHI on the finest trends of contemporary weaving, in New Delhi today.
- The National Museum, New Delhi in collaboration with Devi Art Foundation, New Delhi has organized this exhibition.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi to launch National Animal Disease Control Programme on 11th September 2019
- In one of the major efforts towards doubling the Farmers Income, Prime Minister Narendra Modi shall be launching the National Animal Disease Control Programme (NADCP) for eradicating the Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) and Brucellosis in the livestock, on 11th September from Mathura in Uttar Pradesh.
- With 100 Percent funding from the Central Government, of Rs 12,652 Crores for a period of five years till 2024, the programme aims at vaccinating over 500 Million Livestock including cattle, buffalo, sheep, goats and pigs against the FMD.
Prime Minister to Launch Kisan Man Dhan Yojana on the 12th of September
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi shall launch the Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana on the 12th of September at Ranchi, Jharkhand.The Scheme shall secure the lives of 5 Crore Small and Marginal Farmers by providing a minimum pension of Rs 3000 per month, to those who attain 60 years of age.The scheme has an outlay of Rs 10,774 Crores for the next three years.
- All the small and marginal farmers who are currently between the ages of 18 to 40 years can apply for the scheme.Farmer’s monthly contribution can be made from the instalments of PM-KISAN or through CSCs.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi shall also inaugurate 400 Ekalvya Model Residential Schools to provide quality upper primary, secondary, and senior secondary level education to ST Students in Tribal dominated areas.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi shall also inaugurate the New Jharkhand Vidhan Sabha Building and lay foundation stone for the New Secretariat Building at Ranchi.
President Kovind invites professionals from Iceland to be part of the transformational journey of India
- President Ram Nath Kovind invited professionals, especially in the field of geo thermal energy from Iceland to be part of the transformational journey of India. Participating in the reception hosted by the Indian community in Iceland last night, the President noted that major reforms are taking place in India, gaining a new confidence globally.
- He informed that visa procedures are simplified with introduction of e-visa facilities in 169 countries. The President noted that Iceland has embraced Yoga as its own and taken active participation in the International day of yoga. Mr Kovind further added that the proposed introduction of Hindi language as a subject of learning in the University of Iceland will encourage people to people contact.
- During the reception, former President of Iceland ´Olafur Ragnar Grimson, the Indian minister of state for women and child development Debashree Choudhury, members of Parliament Vasanth Kumar Panda and Ram Thripathi were present.
6th India-China Strategic Economic Dialogue concludes
- The sixth India-China Strategic Economic Dialogue, SED, concluded in New Delhi today.
- Both the sides agreed that SED has emerged as a crucial mechanism to facilitate bilateral trade, investment and enhance economic cooperation.According to an official release, the two sides held in-depth discussions to review trade and investment climate, and harness synergies for future engagement.Potential areas of collaboration across innovation and investment focusing on fintech and related technologies were highlighted.
- Senior representatives from policymaking, industry and academia participated in the dialogue.
- The Indian side was led by NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman, Dr. Rajiv Kumar and the Chinese side by He Lifeng, Chairman, NDRC. During his intervention, Dr. Rajiv Kumar emphasized on taking concrete steps to address India’s trade imbalance with China.The two countries noted the significant progress made in the feasibility study on Chennai-Bangalore-Mysore railway up-gradation project and personal training of Indian senior railway management staff in China.
- They held detailed discussions on identifying the next steps in all areas of cooperation as well as on taking forward the study project exploring the possibility of Delhi-Agra high-speed railway in the pilot section. They identified future areas of collaboration and resolved to work on Renewable Energy space, Clean coal technology sector, Smart Grid and Grid integration and Smart meters and E-mobility sectors.
PM Modi, Nepal PM to jointly inaugurate Motihari-Amlekhganj cross border petroleum pipeline
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Nepal’s Prime Minister K.P.Sharma Oli will jointly inaugurate Motihari-Amlekhgunj cross border petroleum products pipeline through video conference today.
- This is the first transnational petroleum pipeline form India and first South Asian oil pipeline corridor.
- It has been constructed at the cost of around three hundred fifty crore rupees which are entirely borne by Indian Oil Corporation.
Banking & Finance
IPPB rolls out Aadhaar-enabled payment services
- The government announced the rollout of Aadhaar Enabled Payment System Services by India Post Payments Bank, IPPB.
- Minister for Communications, Electronics and IT Ravi Shankar Prasad said this gives a strong boost to the Centre’s efforts in expanding access to financial services for millions of unbanked and underbanked customers.
- He was speaking at the first anniversary celebrations of India Post Payments Bank in New Delhi.
- Mr Prasad congratulated the bank for achieving the milestone of one crore customers, and exhorted them to achieve five crore target in the next one year.
Union Bank Board okays merger of Andhra, Corp Bank; clears Rs 17,200-cr capital infusion
- Union Bank of India said its board of directors has approved merger of Andhra Bank and Corporation Bank with itself and given nod for a capital infusion of Rs 17,200 crore in the current financial year.
- The decision was taken at the meeting of the board of directors held on Monday, the bank said in a regulatory filing. The board “considered and given its in-principle approval for the amalgamation of Andhra Bank and Corporation Bank into Union Bank.
- “And, (the board also) approved the revised capital plan for 2019-20 to raise capital funds by an amount not exceeding Rs 17,200 crore within which up to Rs 13,000 crore through equity capital and up to Rs 4,200 crore through additional tier I/II bonds,” it said.
- The bank added that the board has okayed capital raising by issue of equity shares through preferential allotment to the government for an amount up to Rs 13,000 crore, subject to other regulatory approvals. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had on August 30 announced a mega merger of pubic sector banks, whereby the number of such banks would now come down to 13 from 19 at present.Shares of Union Bank of India on Monday rose 2.27 per cent to close at Rs 56.25 on the BSE.
India to open their campaign at men’s World Boxing C’ships today
- India will open their campaign at the ongoing men’s World Championships in Ekaterinburg, Russia, today.
- India’s Brijesh Yadav (81kg) will take on Poland’s Maleusz Goinski in the opener.
- Other Indian pugilists to compete in the Championship are Amit Panghal, Ashish Kumar, Sanjeet, Kavinder Singh Bisht and Duryodhan Singh Negi.
- The World Championship features more than 450 boxers from 87 countries.
Currency: Russian Ruble
Get 20 IBPS PO Prelims 2019 – ONLINE MOCK TEST SERIES – Full Length from Bankersdaily @ an offer price of Rs.59/-.
Attend Current Affairs Quiz for the Month of August- 2019 from the link that is provided below.
Learn the Other Day Current Affairs from bankersdaily Team from the link that is provided below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL