DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : September 6, 2019
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs (September 6 , 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
Asia’s only 5th Generation – VR based simulator centre launched at Chennai by AASI
- Asia’s first 5th Generation – Virtual Reality based Advanced Driver Training Simulator Centre was launched.
- By Rtn G Chandramohan, Rotary Governor, Rotary International District 3232, at the Automobile Association of Southern India Centre (AASI), Chennai, in the presence of T D Sadasivam, Chairman and other Executive Committee members of AASI.
- In the first 6 months, AASI will train 200 Ambulance drivers free of cost, under ‘Safe Drivers Campaign’.
- The patented simulator was ideated, designed and developed by Chennai based Red Chariots Technologies Pvt Ltd and it took close to three years for a team of 12 engineers to develop the hardware and software, emulating the Indian driving standards and road conditions.
CBI’s first national conference on Cyber Crime Investigation held
- Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) organized the first National Conference on Cyber Crime Investigation and Cyber Forensics on September 4-5, 2019.
- The conference was inaugurated by CBI Director Rishi Kumar Shukla.
- The conference had several panel discussions, lectures and presentations on various topics of law enforcement.
- Cyber Forensics was including Social Media, Mobile/Digital Forensics, online harming including child sexual abuse, establishing standard formats for data exchange between service providers and LEAs and Intermediary liability.
- The two-day national conference was aiming to create a platform and bring together investigators, forensic experts, academia and lawyers to discuss challenges related to cybercrime and ways to find solutions.
Google is fined $170 Million for Violating Children’s Privacy on YouTube
- Google’s YouTube will pay $170 million to settle allegations by the Federal Trade Commission and the New York attorney general that it earned millions by illegally collecting personal information from children without their parents’ consent.
- The settlement was passed in a 3-2 vote by the commissioners along party lines.
- The two Democrats voted against it, saying it did not go far enough to punish YouTube. Shares of Google parent company Alphabet were up 1.1% at the end of trading.
- The settlement requires Google and YouTube to pay $136 million to the FTC and $34 million to New York for allegedly violating the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- The $136 million penalty is the largest amount the FTC has ever obtained in a COPPA case since Congress enacted the law in 1998, according to the agency.
India to Participate in Multi-Nation War Games With Pak, China Armies
- India will be taking part with armies from Pakistan, China among others in the exercises being held by Russia set to be kicked off from September 9.
- This year’s Exercise TSENTR 2019 will be conducted by the Central Military Commission of Russia at Donguz training ranges in Russia’s Orenburg.
- Apart from host Russia, military contingents from China, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Pakistan and Uzbekistan will also take part in this mega event.
- The aims at evolving drills of the participating armies and practising them in the fight against the scourge of international terrorism thereby ensuring military security in the strategic Central Asian region.
- The 2019 edition of the exercise will comprise two modules. The first module will include counter-terror operations, repelling airstrikes, reconnaissance operations and defensive measures, while the second will focus on offensive operations.
RANKING & INDEX
India ranked 34th on world travel, tourism competitiveness index
- India has moved up six places to rank 34th on World Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index, driven by rich natural and cultural resources and strong price competitiveness, a WEF report.
- India’s ranking improved from 40th to 34th, the greatest improvement over 2017 among the top 25 per cent of all countries ranked in the report.
- Spain held on to the top spot in the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) latest Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report (TTCR), which ranked 140 countries on their relative strengths in global tourism and travel.
- Spain was followed by France, Germany and Japan, with the United States replacing the UK in the top five.
- As per the report, China, Mexico, Malaysia, Thailand, Brazil and India — which are not high-income economies but rank in the top 35 in the overall list — stand out in the Cultural Resources and Business Travel Pillar through their combination of rich natural and cultural resources and strong price competitiveness.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI makes it mandatory for banks to link lending rate to external benchmark
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has made it mandatory for banks to link loans to retail customers and micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) to external interest rate benchmarks in a big push to make transmission of monetary policy more effective.
- Home and car loan rates, along with those for personal travel, are expected to fall, benefitting borrowers.
- The RBI also suggested a series of rates that lenders can choose from as the peg. The RBI has already cut the policy rate by 110 basis points this year to revive flagging growth, which sank to the slowest in six years in the June quarter.
- A basis point is one-hundredth of a percentage point. FM Nirmala Sitharaman had called on banks to improve rate transmission last month to help drive credit expansion, investment and consumer demand.
- When the new framework goes into effect on October 1, banks will have to migrate from the Marginal Cost of Lending Rate (MCLR) regime.
- The RBI has left risk premium charges to be decided by the lenders, depending on the borrower’s credit profile.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Standard Chartered Bank launches New ‘DigiSmart’ Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Bank has launched a ‘DigiSmart’ credit card that is focussed on millennials.
- The card is available for a monthly fee of ₹49, which will, however, be waived off if the customer spends more than ₹5,000 in the previous month.
- In the initial phase, Standard Chartered has partnered with marquee brands such as Myntra, Grofers, Yatra, Zomato, Ola and INOX.
- The credit card will offer instant discounts and benefits across key e-commerce categories of travel, entertainment, fashion, groceries, and food delivery round the year.
AGREEMENTS & MOU
MCX, Zhengzhou Exchange sign MoU for exchange of information
- The Multi Commodity Exchange of India (MCX) and Zhengzhou Commodity Exchange (ZCE), one of the leading commodity exchanges in China, have signed memorandum of understanding (MoU) for co-operation and the exchange of information.
- MCX offers commodity futures contracts in bullion, base metal, energy and agricultural commodities, whereas commodity futures with both Agricultural and non-agricultural products like Cotton, Rapeseed Oil, Seed & Meal, Sugar, Flat Glass, Methanol, Pure Teraphthelic Acid (PTA) and Thermal Coal as underlying’s are traded on ZCE.
- Besides ZCE offers option products on White Sugar and Cotton. While, options on Gold, Silver, Crude Oil, Copper and Zinc futures are traded on MCX.
- The MoU is intended to facilitate cooperation between the two exchanges in areas such as knowledge sharing, education & training, organizing events as well as to explore areas of mutual interests between the exchanges.
- P S Reddy, Managing Director & CEO of MCX
CBSE and Microsoft join hands to build up capacity for AI Learning for Schools
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has announced that it will conduct Capacity Building Programs for high school teachers in association with Microsoft India with an aim to integrate cloud-powered technology in K12 teaching.
- Meant for teachers of grades 8-10, the program will be conducted in 10 cities across the country, starting September 11, 2019.
- This program will provide teachers better access to the latest Information and Communication Technology (ICT) tools and help them to integrate technology into teaching in a safe and secure manner, thereby enhancing the learning experience and 21st century skills of all students.
- The 1000 teachers nominated by CBSE will undergo a 3-day project-based training for practical, hands-on knowledge of Microsoft 365 tools such as OneNote, Flipgrid, Teams, Outlook & Minecraft and Paint3D Microsoft.
- Manish Prakash, General Manager, Microsoft India
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Odisha bags award for using IT in disaster management
- Odisha, which has come a long way since the 1999 Super Cyclone, has now become a “model state” in disaster preparedness and risk mitigation.
- Odisha State Disaster Management Authority (OSDMA) has won the IT Excellence Award, 2019 for its innovative conception by using information technology in the field of disaster management.
- The “SATARK” (System for Assessing, Tracking and Alerting Disaster Risk Information based on Dynamic Risk Knowledge) has been chosen for the award.
- The application, both in web and mobile, has been developed in the state to provide real time watch, alert and warning information for different natural disasters and hazards such as heat wave, lightning, agriculture risk, flood, tsunami, earthquake, cyclone or storm, road accident and snakebite.
- OSDMA Managing Director: B P Sethi
ISSF World Cup; Manu Bhaker-Saurabh Chaudhary win gold as India finish on top in Rio
- Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary staged a remarkable comeback to claim the mixed 10m air pistol gold, ending India’s campaign on a rousing note in the World Cup in Rio de Janeiro.
- Representing the other Indian team in the same event, Yashaswini Deswal and Abhishek Verma won the silver as India picked up the maximum possible medals on the final day of the tournament.
- World number one in women’s 10m air rifle, Apurvi Chandela, had earlier partnered Deepak Kumar to win India their fourth gold on the concluding day of the event. The pair won the top medal in the mixed air rifle event.
- The results ensured an unprecedented top finish for the country across all four ISSF World Cup stages this year including the lone junior world cup.
- Anjum Moudgil and Divyansh Singh Panwar, representing India 2, who won the previous two World Cup editions of the same event, won bronze as India continued to reach never-before-seen heights in rifle and pistol shooting.
Afghanistan’s Rashid Khan becomes youngest skipper ever in Test cricket
- Afghanistan leg spinner Rashid Khan holds a new record when he dons the whites for Afghanistan as captain. He is now the youngest skipper ever in the Test Cricket history.
- Afghanistan is facing hosts Bangladesh at Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium (Chittagong). Skipper Rashid Khan won the toss and elected to bat first.
- 20-year-old Rashid Khan is leading his side as he’s given the captaincy after team’s poor show in the World Cup 2019. While on the other side, Bangladesh is being led by Shakib Al Hasan.
- Rashid Khan broke the 15-year-old record by becoming the youngest Test captain.
- Previously, the former Zimbabwe wicketkeeper Tatenda Taibu was holding this record for more than last 15 years.
Indian Anupama Swain Wins Bronze in World Martial Arts Mastership
- India’s young prodigy Anupama Swain has won a bronze medal in the World Martial Arts Membership Jiu-Jitsu at Chungju in Korea.
- Swain’s coach Hariprasad Patnayak too expressed delight on the achievement. She was the only player to get selected for the championship in Korea.
- Other players who were present there were already medallists. It was the first time that she went to participate alone in the tournament.
- Swain competed in the 63 kg segment. Jiu-Jitsu is a form of martial art and combat sport and it puts the entire focus on grappling with particular emphasis on ground fighting.
Author and Playwright Kiran Nagarkar Passes Away at 77 in Mumbai
- Renowned novelist and playwright Kiran Nagarkar died in Mumbai after a brief illness. He was 77.
- Nagarkar, who was born in Mumbai in 1942, published his first novel, ‘Saat Sakkam Trechalis‘, in Marathi in 1974.
- And also “Cuckold” (1997) which won him the 2001 Sahitya Akademi award and catapulted him among the most respected modern post-independence Indian writers in English.
- His other works include “God’s Little Soldier” (2006), “Ravan and Eddie” (2004) and its two sequels – “The Extras” (2012) and “Rest in Peace” (2015), and that year only, “Bedtime Stories” and then, “Jasoda” (2018).
- His most recent work was “The Arsonist” (2019). Nagarkar worked as an academic, journalist, screenplay writer, and in the advertising industry.
Robert Mugabe, former Zimbabwe president, dies aged 95
- Robert Mugabe, a hero of Africa’s independence struggle whose long rule in Zimbabwe descended into tyranny, corruption and incompetence, has died at the age of 95.
- An icon of liberation, a pan-Africanist who dedicated his life to the emancipation and empowerment of his people.
- The death of the former president, who ruled Zimbabwe for close to four decades before being ousted in a military takeover in November 2017, marks the definitive end of an era in the history of the former British colony.
- Though once widely celebrated for his role in fighting the white supremacist regime in his homeland, Mugabe had long become a deeply divisive figure in his own country and across the continent.
Current Zimbabwe President: Emmerson Mnangagwa
Get 20 IBPS PO Prelims 2019 – ONLINE MOCK TEST SERIES – Full Length from Bankersdaily @ an offer price of Rs.59/-.
Race Institute" width="300" height="300" srcset="http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-300x300.jpg 300w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-768x768.jpg 768w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-1100x1100.jpg 1100w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-530x530.jpg 530w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-100x100.jpg 100w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1.jpg 1200w" sizes="(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px" />
Attend Current Affairs Quiz for the Month of August- 2019 from the link that is provided below.
Learn the Other Day Current Affairs from bankersdaily Team from the link that is provided below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL