DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : September 7, 8 & 9, 2019
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs (September 7,8 & 9 , 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
16-year-old becomes youngest to clear Tenali Pariksha
- Priyavrata, 16, creates a record by becoming the youngest person to clear 14 levels of the Tenali Pariksha on Sunday.
- Priyavrata became the youngest person to pass the Maha Pariksha.Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a tweet lauded his achievement: ‘Congratulations to Priyavrata for this feat. His achievement will serve as a source of inspiration for many.’
Delhi:Forensic Science Lab in Rohini gets NABL accreditation
- The Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) located in Rohini, Delhi got accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) today.
- In India, accreditation of laboratory is done by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories which is an autonomous body under the aegis of Department of Science and Technology.
- Director of FSL, Deepa Verma said in a statement that laboratory accreditation enhances customer confidence in accepting testing/calibration reports issued by accredited laboratories.
Fourth Conclave of NEDA to be held in Guwahati
- The Fourth Conclave of the North East Democratic Alliance, NEDA a constituent of the ruling NDA will be held in Guwahati today.
- BJP President and Union Home Minister Amit Shah will take part in the conclave along with Chief Ministers of North Eastern states. Apart from them, senior leaders of NEDA , Ministers and Chairpersons of various corporations of Assam will also attend the conclave.
- Party sources said that issues pertaining to strengthening the NEDA will be discussed. Apart from that, several other issues including the NRC are likely to be discussed in the conclave.
President Kovind embarks on 9-day visit to Iceland, Switzerland & Slovenia
- President Ram Nath Kovind yesterday embarked on an official nine-day visit to Iceland, Switzerland and Slovenia to enhance India’s political and economic ties with the three European countries.
- During the first leg of his visit, Mr Kovind will arrive in Iceland and will hold talks with his Icelandic counterpart Guðni Th. Jóhannesson and Prime Minister Katrin Jakobsdottir.
- The second leg of the visit to Switzerland will begin on 11th of September. The President will have wide-ranging discussions with his Swiss counterpart and country’s cabinet.
- The final leg of the visit to Slovenia will begin on 15th of this month and mark the first-ever visit by an Indian President to the country. During the visit, Kovind will hold wide-ranging discussion with his Slovenian counterpart Borut Pahor and the National Assembly President.
Saudi Arabia appoints Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman as new Energy minister
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia appointed Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman as its new Energy minister, one of the most important positions in the government.
- He replaced the long time oil industry veteran Khalid Al Falih. Prince Abdulaziz is the son of the King of Saudi Arabia.
- He had earlier served as the Deputy and State Energy Minister for several years.
- It is the first time a member of the ruling Al Saud family has held the energy minister post in the world’s top oil exporter.
- Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas and Steel Shri Dharmendra Pradhan met the newly appointed Saudi Minister of Energy Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman in Jeddah yesterday.
EAM S Jaishankar visits innovation exhibition in Singapore
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar today visited an innovation exhibition in Singapore in which around 60 startups from India are participating.
- Mr. Jaishankar was accompanied by his Singaporean counterpart Vivian Balakrishnan to the exhibition.
- Mr. Jaishankar is in Singapore on a visit from September 6 to 10.
- During his visit, Mr. Jaishankar will co-chair the 6th Meeting of Joint Ministerial Committee (JMC) with his counterpart Vivian Balakrishnan. The two sides will review the whole range of bilateral issues and provide the direction for further deepening the strategic partnership between the two countries.
- He will also call on Singapore’s Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and other senior ministers during his visit.
Combating desertification has to be a national endeavor: Javadekar
- Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar has said that combating desertification has to be a national endeavour.
- Addressing the High-Level Segment of the 14th Conference of Parties (COP14) of the UN Convention to Combat Desertification in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh today, Mr Javadekar said, Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s commitment to sustainable development is strong.
- He said, Prime Minister came out with India’s ambitious programme of 175 Giga Watt of renewable energy which will be 40 per cent of country’s energy capacity.
- Mr. Javadekar said, India took a leading role in Paris Summit.
- The Minister said, green cover is rising in India and in the last five years it has increased 15000 square kilometre.
- He said, as per the tiger census which was declared last month, India has now 77 per cent of world’s wild tigers.
- He said, UNCCD COP 14 is a huge event where more than 200 Countries, 100 Ministers and more than 8000 participants came together to show the concern to protect the environment.
PM Modi to address UN anti-desertification meet today
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has today announced that India will raise its target of restoring the degraded land from twenty one million hectares to twenty six million hectares between now and 2030.
- Addressing the 14th Conference of Parties (COP 14) of UN Convention to combat Desertification (UNCCD) in Greater Noida today, Prime Minister said that Desertification affects over two thirds of the countries of the world.
- He said, along with addressing the degraded lands, we also need to address water scarcity. He called upon the leadership of UNCCD to create a global water action agenda.
- Reiterating his clarion call to ban single use plastic, Prime Minister said that time has come for the world to say goodbye to single use plastic.
- He added, apart from having adverse health implications, plastic renders lands unfit for agriculture. He affirmed India’s commitment towards development of environment friendly substitutes of plastic.
- Mr. Modi said Climate and Environment impact both biodiversity and land. It is widely accepted that the world is facing negative impact of climate change. This is seen in loss of animals and plants species, he added. Climate change is also leading to land degradation of various kinds.
- India is hosting global gathering for COP 14 in Greater Noida which started on 2nd of this month. Prime Minister said this reflects our commitments to addressing the concerns of Rio convention of 1992.
Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan arrives in Dubai to participate in 8th Asian Ministerial Energy Round-table
- Union Minister for Petroleum & Natural Gas and Steel Dharmendra Pradhan arrived late last night in Dubai for a three- day visit to the UAE.
- During the visit, the Minister is scheduled to participate in the Eighth Asian Ministerial Energy Round-table (AMER) at Abu Dhabi on 10th September, where India is the co-host along with UAE.
- In an attempt to further strengthen the energy ties with the oil producing countries, Mr Pradhan, accompanied by an official and business delegation, is on a six-day visit to Saudi Arabia, UAE and Qatar to engage with his counterparts in oil and gas as well as steel sectors in three countries.
- Before the AMER Conference , the Minister is likely to have a meeting with some established business houses in Dubai today in a bid to push steel exports from India.
- In Abu Dhabi, Mr Pradhan is scheduled to meet his counterparts Suhail Mohamed Faraj Al Mazrouei along with the Minister of State and ADNOC Group CEO Sultan Ahmad Al Jaber and discuss issues of bilateral hydrocarbon as well as steel sector engagement within the overall framework of India-UAE Strategic Partnership.
- The AMER Conference is coinciding with the 24th World Energy Congress, which is being held from today in Abu Dhabi.
BUISNESS & ECONOMY
SBI cuts MCLR rates again
- India’s biggest lender State Bank of India or SBI has reduced its MCLR (Marginal Cost of Funds based Lending Rate) by 10 basis points.
- This will come into effect from September 10.
- The one-year SBI MCLR will be 8.15% per annum with effect from 10 September.
- This is the fifth consecutive reduction in MCLR from SBI so far in FY 2019-20.
- Other banks are likely to follow SBI’s lead and could lower their MCLR rates.
- SBI also lowered its fixed deposit or FD rates by 20-25 basis points.
- SBI claims to have around 35% and 36% of market share in home loans and auto loans respectively.
Rafael Nadal clinches fourth US Open Tennis Men’s single title
- Rafael Nadal has won US Open Men’s singles beating Daniil Medvedev 7-5, 6-3, 5-7, 4-6, 6-4 this morning.
- This is his fourth US Open title and 19th Grand Slam trophy.
- His win did not come easily, even though Nadal took the first two sets and was ahead by a break at 3-2 in the third.
- Medvedev came back by shifting styles and breaking Nadal in the last game of each of the next two sets to force a fifth.
- The 33-year-old Spanish left-hander chased his 19th career Grand Slam singles title, one shy of Roger Federer’s all-time men’s record, in his 27th Slam final.
Selekhmeteva, Bartone pair win Junior US Open Doubles trophy
- Russian tennis player Oksana Selekhmeteva paired with Latvian player Kamilla Bartone won junior doubles trophy at US Open.
- The pair won 7-5, 7-6 over the French duo of Aubane Droguet and Selena Janicijevic.
- The 16-year-old Selekhmeteva is ranked 794 in the Women’s Tennis Association ranking.
Ram Jethmalani, Veteran Lawyer And Former Union Minister, Dies At 95
- Ram Jethmalani, one of India’s well-known lawyers and a former union minister, died this morning at his home in Delhi. He was 95.
- A six-time Rajya Sabha member, Ram Jethmalani served as a Union Minister in the United Front and the BJP-led NDA governments. In 2016, he was elected to the Rajya Sabha on RJD ticket.
- The seasoned lawyer was elected to both the houses of parliament on the BJP ticket several times but he had a tumultuous relationship with the party. He was a minister in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s cabinet in 1998 and then again in October 1999. However, he quit the Vajpayee government in July 2000.
Get 20 IBPS PO Prelims 2019 – ONLINE MOCK TEST SERIES – Full Length from Bankersdaily @ an offer price of Rs.59/-.
Attend Current Affairs Quiz for the Month of August- 2019 from the link that is provided below.
Learn the Other Day Current Affairs from bankersdaily Team from the link that is provided below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL