CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS : DECEMBER 22 – DECEMBER 31
CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS : DECEMBER 22 – DECEMBER 31
Dear Bankers daily Aspirant,
The Clerk Mains Examinations of various exams are coming in the forthcoming days. Are you prepared for the General Awareness section and the Banking Awareness which is the scoring part for many aspirants ? If not you should definitely read this one liners if you need a quick & Short content for your preparations henceforth we provide the One Liners for the 4th Week of December, 2017.
We are providing the aspirants with the curated list of Recent happenings in the 4th week of December and so this could be vital for your preparations for the General Awareness and Static Awareness and also for the Banking Awareness section in the forthcoming exams.
Check the Weekly One Liners from December 22 – December 28 and you could also download the Weekly Current Affairs One Liners as PDF from the link below. There are chances that the recent events from the current affairs can be asked in the forthcoming RBI Assistant Mains Examination 2017 & IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2017 which happens in the forthcoming days.
You can download the Weekly One Liners of December 22 – December 28 from the link given below and you can read the one liners also which is provided below.
You can join in our Telegram Channel the invite given below and you can share this with your friends and other aspirants who are preparing for their exams like you.
Caution: You should have Telegram app installed in your mobile to join the group.If you don’t have telegram app in your mobile. First install the app and click the link given below….
- The Minister of Communications Shri Manoj Sinha launched DARPAN – “Digital Advancement of Rural Post Office for A New India”. It will offer core banking services in rural areas.
- Punjab Chief Minister ‘Amarinder Singh’ has launched a mobile app “PUDA-UCIC, Unauthorised constructions and illegal colonies” to check unauthorized construction.
- The 17th Indian Science Communication Congress (ISCC-2017) held at Indian Institute of Mass Communication. It aims at promoting communication of India’s scientific wisdom.
- An MoU was inked by the Kerala government and fertiliser major FACT for setting up a ₹ 1,800-crore petrochemical park in Kochi.
- The indigenously developed Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air (QRSAM) short range missile, was successfully test-fired by the Defence Research and Development Organisation from a test range along the Odisha coast. It was launched from the launch pad-3 of Chandipur in Odisha.
- The seventh edition of the India International Coffee Festival (IICF) will be held in Bangalore. It is organised by the India Coffee Trust and State-run Coffee Board to promote the Indian coffees globally.
- Ministry of AYUSH in collaboration with Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry; Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) and Pharmexcil to organize the International AROGYA 2017.
- The government will launch the ‘Ganga Gram’ project at the Ganga Gram Swachata Sammelan in New Delhi.
- The second edition of the Iranshah Udvada Utsav(IUU), a cultural festival of Parsi community begins in
- India’s first and only design university, World University of Design opened at Sonipat, Haryana.
- Indian Affairs With an aim to bring the foreign policy to the masses the External Affairs Ministry has come up with an initiative called SAMEEP – ‘Students and MEA Engagement Programme’.
- India’s first home-grown high purity gold reference standard – the Bharatiya Nirdeshak Dravya (BND-4201) – was launched at the India Government Mint, Mumbai.
- Maharashtra Energy Minister Chandrashekhar Bawankule informed that the government has set the target of producing 25,000 MW electricity using solar power.
- Airports Authority of India (AAI) has been given a nod to extend Lakshadweep’s Agatti Airport.
- Dr Jitendra Singh launched the electronic-Human Resource Management System (e-HRMS), in New Delhi.
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, inaugurated a new metro link between Noida and Delhi.
- Bengaluru City joined the ranks of Singapore, Melbourne, New York, and became the first city in the country to have a logo of its own.
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu has inaugurated the Centenary celebrations of the Yoga Institute in Mumbai.
- The Environment ministry has launched a pilot project for beach clean-up and development. It also aims for the ‘Blue Flag’ certification for such identified beaches.
- The country’s first air-conditioned (AC) suburban train commenced its services. The first service of the 12-coach EMU will commence between Borivali and Churchgate.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend World Economic Forum, where the world’s top CEOs and a large number of heads of government gather for the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum in January. The meeting will be held in Davos town of Switzerland.
- The Uttar Pradesh Govt. has launched a free household power connection scheme ‘Prakash hai to vikas hai’ for the poor to mark former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s birth anniversary.
- The President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated four projects of the State Government at Velagapudi, Andhra Pradesh.
- Rajasthan state government sets up Automatic service ATMs ‘E-Mitra Plus’ at nearly 9900 Atal Seva Kendras and 2500 urban locations situated across the state. It will work for 24*7 for 365 days.
- Maharashtra government has set up a 17-member development authority for the Raigad Fort. It will be headed by Rajya Sabha member Sambhaji Shahu Chhatrapati.
- NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) is a Government of India’s flagship program to promote innovation and entrepreneurship nationwide in schools, universities and industry.
- India and Cuba signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for enhanced cooperation in the health sector.
- Indian Naval Ships Trikand and Teg are deployed to Oman for bilateral exercise ‘Naseem Al Bahr’ or ‘Sea Breeze’.
- The United Kingdom has topped Forbes’ rankings of best countries in the world for business in 2018.It is followed by New Zealand, the Netherlands,Sweden and Canada.
- India entered into an agreement with Switzerland for automatic exchange of tax-related financial information between the two countries. It will be implemented from January 1 2018.
- France’s parliament has approved a law banning all exploration and production of oil and natural gas by 2040 within the country and its overseas territories.
- Salman Khan has once again got the top spot in Forbes India Celebrity 100 list for the second consecutive year. Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan and India’s cricket captain Virat Kohli took the second and third spot respectively with actor Priyanka Chopra named as only female celebrity in top 10 list.
- A loan agreement for providing additional funding of euro 20 million was signed for the project ‘Pare Hydroelectric Plant’. It was signed under Indo-German Bilateral Development Cooperation.
- S. President Donald Trump signed Republicans’ massive $1.5 trillion tax overhaul into law, cementing the biggest legislative victory of his first year in office.
- China’s domestically developed AG600, the world’s largest amphibious aircraft, performed its maiden flight.
- The Uttar Pradesh government signed a memorandum of understanding with South Korea to enhance cooperationin the field of tourism, skill development, culture and farming.
- The governments of India and Tamil Nadu signed an agreement with the World Bank for the multilateral lender to provide $318 million loan.
- The world’s longest glass bridge has been opened in China. It is located in Shijiazhuang, Hebei province near Beijing, the capital of China.
BANKING & BUSINESS
- The Capital market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has raised the investment limit for foreign portfolio investors (FPI) in central government securities to over 91 lakh crore from January 2018.
- SBI Card and Bharat Petroleum have announced the launch of the BPCL SBI Card and claimed to be the ‘most rewarding fuel co-branded credit card in the country.’
- India looks set to leapfrog Britain and France next year to become the world’s fifth-largest economy in dollar terms, a report showed.
- State-Run Banks’ NPAs reached Rs 7.34 Lakh Crore: RBI Data
- Smartphone manufacturer Samsung launched its ‘Bill Payments’ on its flagship payments service, Samsung Pay in partnership with Axis Bank.
- Agri service solutions provider Sohan Lal Commodity Management (SLCM) and Myanmar ties up with HDFC Bank and IndusInd Bank to provide collateral management services.
- The Centre for Economics and Business Research report has predicted India will become world’s 5th largest economy in dollar terms by 2018. Douglas McWilliams, Cebr deputy chairman announced, it will overtake UK and France to reach the Position.
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has issued regulations for insurance firms to carry out offshore business from Gujarat-based GIFT International Financial Services Centre (IFSC).
|Name of the person||Appointed for||Resigned||Preceded by|
|Justice U D Salvi||officiating chairperson of the National Green Tribunal (NGT)||_________||Justice Swatanter Kumar|
|Subbarayudu||next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Peru||______||_______|
Airtel Payments Bank’s managing director and CEO
|______||Steps down from his position||_____|
|Vijay Rupani||chief minister of Gujarat||_____||____|
|Nitin Patel||deputy chief minister of Gujarat||_____||____|
|Jai Ram Thakur||new Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh||______||______|
|Lieutenant General B S Sahrawat||National Cadet Corps as its Director General||______||______|
|NAAC director Prof Dhirendra Pal Singh||new UGC chairman||______||______|
|Saba Karim||as General Manager of BCCI||_____||______|
|Orbitz CEO Barney Harford||chief operating officer( COO) of Uber||_____||______|
|Dominique Mineur||Belgium is to become the first country to send a resident female ambassador to Saudi Arabia||_____||______|
|Senior IPS officer Abhay||Appointed as the DG of Narcotics Control Bureau||____||_____|
AWARDS & HONOURS
|Award winner Name||Award Name||For|
|Authors Mamang Dai and Ramesh Kuntal Megh||Win Sahitya Akademi Award 2017
|The Black Hill, a novel, and Vishw Mithak Sarit Sagar, a literary criticism, in English and Hindi respectively.|
|Actress Anushka Sharma||PETA’s ‘Person of the Year’|
|Vin Diesel||2017’s Top-Grossing Actor|
|K S Chitra||‘Harivarasanam’ Award|
BOOKS & AUTHORS
- A book containing selected writings by late journalist Gauri Lankesh was launched at the Mumbai Press Club. The Way I See It — a Gauri Lankesh Reader, has been edited by writer and sociologist Chandan Gowda.
- Birmingham, London has been named host city for the 2022 Commonwealth Games.
- India captain Mithali Raj was named in the ICC Women’s ODI Team of the Year while left-arm spinner Ekta Bisht was the lone cricketer to find a place in the both the ODI and T20 Teams of the year announced by the world body.
- Harmanpreet Kaur has found out a place in the ICC Women’s T20 Team of the Year.
- England’s Heather Knight named as captain of the 50-over side and Stafanie Taylor of the West Indies appointed skipper of the 20-over side.
- Vijender Singh defended his WBO Oriental and Asia Pacific super middleweight titles against Ghana’s Ernest Amuzu at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium in Jaipur.
- IOC bans 11 Russians for life over alleged Sochi Games doping violations.
- Indian boxers have claimed three gold, a silver, and a bronze medal at the Galym Zharylgapov Boxing Tournament. The event was held in Karaganda, Kazakhstan.
- In Cricket, Team India has risen to the second spot in the latest ICC Twenty-20 rankings. Pakistan is at the top of the list.
- India finished as runners-up in the SAFF Under-15 Women’s Championships. India lost to Bangladesh 0-1 in the final at Dhaka.
- Double Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar for Rs 55 lakh, the highest bid in the history of the tournament during the Pro Wrestling League auctions in New Delhi.
- The Indian men’s football ended the year at 105th spot in the FIFA rankings.
- Saudi Arabia is hosting the world chess tournament for the first time.
- Haryana shooter Anisa Sayyed won the women’s 25m pistol gold with a new record at 61st National Shooting Championship Competitions (61st NSCC), in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
|Name the person||Designation||Native|
|Jatileswar Mukhopadhyay||Bengali singer||Kolkata|
|Partha Mukhopadhyay||Bengali film actor||Kolkata|
|Robbie Malinga||Music legend||South African|
|21||National mathematics day||____|
|23||National Farmers’ Day (Kisan Diwas)||____|
|25||Good Governance Day||____|
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of December from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of November from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the Current Affairs and the Daily Current Affairs Quiz from the links given below and you can check us daily to get more updates.