Current Affairs Weekly One Liners : November 14 – November 20
Current Affairs Weekly One Liners : November 14 – November 20
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirant,
Check the Weekly One Liners from November 14 – November 20 and you could also download the Weekly Current Affairs One Liners as PDF from the link below. There are chances that the recent events from the current affairs can be asked in the forthcoming IBPS RRB Scale I Officer and IBPS RRB Office Assistant 2017 and also for IBPS PO Mains 2017 which happens in the starting week of November.
- The 14-day annual event, organised by the India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) will be inaugurated by President Ram Nath Kovind.This year the theme of the fair is “Startup India Standup India“. Vietnam is the Partner Country, while Kyrgyzstan is the Focus Country. Jharkhand is participating as a Partner State in the event.
- The Approval to extend Visakhapatnam-Jagdalpur express upto Dantewada’s Kirandul to facilitate easy transport of passengers in the Naxal-affected region was given by Union Railways Minister Piyush Goyal
- Northeast is all set to get India’s first-ever “Air Dispensary” based in a helicopter and a contribution of Rs. 25 Crores has already been contributed by the Union Ministry of Development of Northeast (DONER).
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development will celebrate the Child Rights Week (Hausla 2017) from 16th to 20th November 2017.
- Chhattisgarh Dr Raman Singh, in his address to people of state in his monthly radio programme Raman Ke Goth aired from Akashwani Raipur, said that state Government has launched toll free number 1800-180-1253 and helpline number 0771-2511253 in Police Headquarters Raipur with senior citizen cell, for helping senior citizens.
- Turner International India has entered into a brand partnership with Gujarat based group called Rajgreen for the launch of India’s First Cartoon Network based Theme Park in Surat.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) in Los Banos, Philippines and inaugurated ‘Shri Narendra Modi Resilient Rice Field Laboratory’.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte has agreed the bilateral cooperation in areas of Terrorism and Boosting Trade and investment which can be further enhanced.
- The Other Four Agreements signed between India and Philippines are in areas
- Defence Cooperation and Logistics, Agriculture, Micro, Medium and Small Enterprises – MSME
- Forging Closer Relations between Indian Council of World Affairs & Philippines Foreign Service Institute
- The 10th South Asia Economic Summit (SAES) will begin at The theme of three-day summit is “Deepening Economic Integration for Inclusive and Sustainable Development in South Asia“.
- President Ramnath Kovind inaugurated JOHAR(JHARKHAND’s OPPURTUNITIES FOR HARNESSING RURAL GROWTH) scheme aided by World Bank which is aimed at doubling the income of two lakh rural poor, which is worth one thousand five hundred crore rupees, on the Establishment day of Jharkhand.
- The Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) under the aegis of Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology organizing the Asia Pacific Computer Emergency Response Team (APCERT) Conference from November 12-15, 2017 in New Delhi and will be inaugurated by Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Hon’ble Minister of Electronics & Information Technology. This is the 15th Conference of APCERT and first ever conference in India and South Asia and is expected to be attended by 21 economies. The conference theme is “Building Trust in the Digital Economy“
- To inspire, nurture and promote the spirit of entrepreneurship in tribal youth, the NITI Aayog in partnership with the US government organized India’s first Tribal Entrepreneurship Summit at Dantewada. The summit is inaugurated by MoS Science and Technology YS Chowdhary held at Dantewada in the Bastar region of Chhattisgarh. This event is an 8th Global Entrepreneurship Summit, being held in India which ensures yet another step towards tribal-centric sustainable and inclusive development.
- Uttar Pradesh tops in New Opening of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) after Demonetizations.
- Under the direction of Minister of Railways & Coal, Shri Piyush Goyal, a comprehensive plan for imparting training to all employees of Indian Railways is being prepared with a view to upgrade skill & knowledge. This comprehensive training programme named as “Project Saksham” will help boost productivity and efficiency.
- West Bengal’s Rosogolla gets GI (Geographical Indication) tag.
- Andhra Pradesh is hosting its first Hot Air Balloon Festival in Araku Valley. The three-day festival, which features a line-up of 16 balloons from 13 countries, has para-motoring shows by pilots and a light and colour show with inflated balloons.
- A wave-powered navigational buoy, developed by the National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT), to guide ships in and out of ports, was launched and was deployed at Ennore Kamarajar Port which was launched by Secretary, Ministry of Earth Sciences M Rajeevan on the eve of the 33rd executive committee meeting of International Energy Agency-Ocean Energy Systems Collaboration Programme (IEA-OES).
- The Food Processing Ministry of the Central Government has announced a grant of Rs.113 crore for food processing potential in Jharkhand.
- The Point Of Sale facility was formally launched by State Chief Secretary, Pankaj Kumar,at Kohima.
- To Identify fake news and help readers identify trustworthy news sources, Facebook, Google, Twitter and several media organisations have joined the non-partisan “The Trust Project”. “The Trust Project” is led by journalist Sally Lehrman of Santa Clara University.
- Nepal Electricity Authority, NEA signed a joint venture agreement with China Three Gorges Corporation (CTGC), a Chinese company to construct 750 MW West Seti Hydropower Project. The estimated cost of the project will be 1.8 billion US dollars.
NEA Executive Director :Kulman Ghising
- Karnataka State Government unveiled an ambitious project to install Wi-Fi facility in all gram panchayats across the state.
- A joint trilateral meeting between representatives from three countries was held at the Vivekananda International Foundation, a New-Delhi.
- The Minister of Commerce and Industry, Suresh Prabhu participates in the Shanghai Cooperation Organization Meeting of the Ministers of Member States responsible for Foreign Economic and Foreign Trade.
- The collaboration is to promote child safety in state and also to educate the people on Child Sexual Abuse and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act 2012.
A program called ‘Satark Main, Surakshit Main’ was also launched in Chandigarh by Punjab government to save the Children.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved continuation of the Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS) for Development of Infrastructure Facilities for Judiciary.
- The International rating agency Moody’s Investors Service upgraded ratings to Baa2 from Baa3 and its short-term local currency rating to P-2 from P-3.
- The Union Ministry of Minority Affairs had organized Hunar Haat at India International Trade Fair (IITF) at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- The Indo Japan Chamber of Commerce Kerala (INJACK) is organising first Japan Mela in Kochi.The event will showcase the best Japanese products and services that creates market for Japan. It will be inaugurated by Kenji Hiramatsu, Japanese Ambassador Extraordinary & Plenipotentiary in India.
- The Aim of the partnership is to launch a project for automotive safety. The project will create a repository of road and traffic information.
- CANEUS International,a agreement with the Andhra Pradesh Economic Development Board (APEDB) and the Andhra Pradesh State Skills Development Corporation (APSSDC) to establish a Centre of Excellence on Space Sciences and Technologies for Development (CoE4SSTD) at Hindpur in Anantapur.
- A two-day conference on ‘Towards Resource Resilient India’ started in Mumbai.Issues related to both biotic and abiotic natural resources were discussed. It was organized by the Indian National Association.
- In Assam, the first ever Namami Barak festival at Police Parade ground in Silchar. Namami Barak is celebrated to pay tribute to the River Barak.
- Internet of things (IoT) devices in India are expected to rise for 200 crore in the next 3-4 years
- The Two-day “12th North-East Business Summit” was inaugurated in New Delhi.The summit aims to explore the scope for business opportunities in the North-Eastern region of India. The Summit is being organized by the Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC), with Manipur being the state partner for the event.
- The Union Cabinet approved an agreement between India and Belarus on Scientific and Technological Cooperation.It is been approved for mutual benefit in the areas of science, technology, agriculture.The agreement was signed between Indian National Science Academy (INSA) and National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (NASB).
- A thirteen Day Military Defence Exercise between India and Bangladesh, “Sampriti ‘ 17” which is aimed at strengthening and broadening the aspects of interoperability and cooperation between the two nations.
- Tourism sector of India continues to grow immensely year to year. Foreign Exchange Earnings (FEEs) during the month of October 2017 was 14,354 crore. The Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTA) have registered whopping growth of 18.1% in October 2017 in the country.
- India’s leading car companies Toyota and Suzuki have joined their hands to make electric car for our country in 2020.
- Telangana government Joined Hands with the Patanjali group with an aim to set up ‘Food Park’. The Patanjali Group will set up a large food park in Telangana with units for processing edible oil, fruit pulp and spices.
- A South Korean diplomat has appreciated the Make-in-India programme and this program has enabled companies from South Korea to invest a ₹25,000 crore and around 100 companies will soon be invested in Andhra Pradesh.
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inagurated 15 projects involving an investment of ₹11,690 crore. Patnaik also launched a portal named ‘GO SWIFT’ to help investors get single window facilitation and tracking mechanism online.
- Maharashtra government announced a ban on plastic bottles, which will cover government offices, functions and state educational institutes before it is extended to private institutes.
It will be effect from 18 March 2018.
- Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Person of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) are not required to link bank accounts and other services with Aadhaar, by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu received the first copy of the book ‘Journey of Women Law Reforms and The Law Commission of India Some Insights’, from the Author former Joint Secretary, Dr. Pavan Sharma.
- India and Japan will collaborate to send a joint mission to the moon, which includes landing a rover and bringing samples back to the earth. This is the second time that Japan and India are teaming up for a moon mission.
- Under the PMAY-U, the Centre aims to provide houses to all the urban poor by 2022.The Centre approved the enhancement of the carpet area of houses for The middle-income group (MIG) category under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U).
- Assam Transport, Industries and Commerce Minister Chandra Mohan Patowary formally launched an air ambulance service at NEDF (North Eastern Development Finance Corporation Ltd) House, Dispur.
- Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF) and U.S Navy(U.S.N) have started a joint drill. This is the annual bilateral training exercise of two countries. The exercise in the waters surrounding Okinawa,near Korean Penninsula
- MEGA Co. Ltd., the implementing agency for Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project, gives ₹1,025-crore contract for manufacturing 96 Metro coaches to the South Korean rolling stock manufacturer, M/S Hyundai Rotem.
- The Conference on the Sustained Eradication of Child Labour was organized by the Government of Argentina and was held in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- The Union Cabinet approved setting up of National Anti-Profiteering Authority (NAA). It has a Chairman and Technical Members of National Anti-profiteering Authority (NAA) under GST regime.The NAA is tasked to ensure, benefits of reduction in tax on supply of goods or services flow to consumers.
- NITI ayog CEO, Amitabh Kant also added,Ivanka Trumpwill lead US team for summit on women entrepreneurs in India. It will be attended by 1,500 entrepreneurs from 170 countries and co-hosted by India and the US for the first time.The Summit will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Theme:’Women First, Prosperity for All’
- Rae Bareli, constituency of Congress President Sonia Gandhi, will get Smart City tag.
- To control crimes against women in the Delhi,”Mahila Suraksha Dals” has been formed,by Deputy CM of Delhi Manish Sisodia. It is planned for nearly 320 MSD’s.
- The 12th Biennial International Conference & Exposition of Society of Petroleum Geophysicists India was held at Jaipur and the theme is “Energy Through Synergy”
- The 42nd World Congress of the International Committee of Military Medicine (ICMM) organised by the Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS) under the aegis of the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and the theme is “Military Medicine in Transition : Looking Ahead”.
- Indian Oil Corporation, ties up with Ola, launched the country’s first electric charging station in Nagpur. Nagpur, is the first city to introduce Electric Public Transportation Model in India, has now started the first electric charging station at IOC’s petrol pump in Nagpur.
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) and Action Construction Equipment Ltd (ACE) have tied up for augmenting tractors/agricultural implements financing to the farmers across the country through PNB’s branch network.
- Japan will simplify its visa rules from January 1 next year for Indians and issue multiple-entry-visa for short-term stay, a move which is expected to benefit tourists and business persons as well as repeat visitors, the Japanese embassy.
- The founding ceremony of the International Solar Alliance(ISA) was held at Bonn in Germany.
- China launched the world’s first all-electric ship, which can travel up to 80 km with 2000-tonnes cargo after a two-hour charge. It was launched in Guangzhou in South China’s Guangdong Province. The ship has been manufactured by the Guangzhou Shipyard International Company Limited.
- Raksha Rajya Mantri Dr. Subhash Bhamre will represent the Government of India at the ‘UN Peacekeeping Defence Ministerial: Vancouver 2017’, which is being held between November 14-15, 2017. It will be the second time Dr. Bhamre will be attending the conference.
- Syria has officially signed up to the Paris Agreement, the UN, leaving the United States as the only country to reject the global climate-rescue pact.
- The Saudi Arabian government has approved the practice of yoga as a sports activity, claimed a social media post of Nouf Marwaai, founder of the Arab Yoga Foundation in the Saudi kingdom.
- The Boeing Company ties up with Hindustan Aeronautics (HAL) to explore the co-manufacture of its F/A-18E/F Super Hornet fighter in India. Along with HAL, Boeing also tries to ties up with the Mahindra Group in building Super Hornets in India.
- India ended up Polio and in similar way it will eradicate Polio by 2025,says,Health Minister JP Nadda. The theme is “Ending Tuberculosis in the Sustainable Development Era: A Multisectoral Response”.
- An MoU was signed between India and Poland for Civil Aviation Cooperation and the main aim is to improve Air connectivity (RCA) and this will be for a period of five years.
- India is ranked 14th in this year’s Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2018 for reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by opting to transform its electricity sector towards green technology. China, with its high emissions ranks 41st.
- Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan will inaugurate the International Film Festival of India which is going to held at Panaji, Goa. Iranian filmmaker Majid Majidi’s movie “Beyond The Clouds” will be the opening film of the fest. Indo-Argentine film “Thinking of Him” by filmmaker Pablo Cesar will be the closing film of the festival.
- The WHO Global Ministerial Conference “Ending TB in the Sustainable Development Era: A Multisectoral Response” held in Moscow, Russia. A Ministerial Declaration signed at the Conference by the countries,with a target to end TB by 2030.
- The London based Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), an international non-profit organization, has awarded £43,373 (Rs 37,25,740) fund for promoting sustainable practices in the country’s fisheries sector.
- Based on the per capita income of its people, Qatar has been named the world’s richest country as per the recent International Monetary Fund (IMF) report and India is in 126th
- NASA has launched the satellite for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration,so that it will improve the accuracy of weather forecasts. The Joint Polar Satellite System-1 (JPSS-1) lifted off on a United Launch Alliance Delta II rocket from Vandenberg Air Force Base, California.
- The search operation by the Argentine navy is in the process in the South Atlantic. The NASA research plane has joined the search for the vessel. Supporting the South American nation’s ongoing exploration, The U.S. Navy has ordered its Undersea Rescue Command (URC) based in San Diego to deploy to Argentina to search the Argentinean Navy submarine.
BANKING & BUSINESS
- The Nation’s Finance Capital “MUMBAI” will host the 34th Annual Conference of the Asian Bankers Association (ABA) and will be hosted by State Bank of India and the theme of this conference is “Asia’s Turn to Transform”
- Union Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports (Independent Charge) Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore released the India Youth Development Index and Report 2017 in NewDelhi.
- Uber Technologies Inc. approved SoftBank Group Corp.’s offer to buy a multibillion-dollar stake in the ride-hailing company, setting the stage for one of the largest private start-up deals ever.
- The Government of India launched the BHARAT-22 Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) managed by ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund targeting an initial amount of about 8,000 crores. This New Fund Offer is open till November 17, 2017.
- Wholesale inflation rose to a six-month high of 59 per cent in October from 2.6 per cent in September as food items and fuel became more expensive.
- India will emerge as the third largest economy overtaking Japan over the next ten years on the back of falling dependency, financial maturity and higher income and affordability, says a report by Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
- The leader in financial education, Bombay Stock Exchange Institute (BIL), has signed an MoU with DLT Labs in Mumbai to set up the country’s first state-of-the-art Block Chain Lab in an institution.
- The Reserve Bank of India has reportedly rejected HDFC Bank’s plea to declassify its parent Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (HDFC) as a foreign institutional investor (FII).
- Asia’s 50 Richest Families list 2017 was released by Forbes and Mukesh Ambani Family has stopped the list with a net worth of $44.8 Billion and Korea’s Lee Family holds the 2nd Spot with a wealth of $40.8 Billion
- Indians are the second Highest Public Bingers in the world , whereas the first place was taken by Mexico in the survey was released by the Online streaming platform Netflix.
- State-owned Union Bank of India (UBI) plans to raise up to Rs 500 crore to comply with the global standard Basel III banking norms by March 2019.
Banks globally have to comply with the Basel III norms so as to improve and strengthen their capital planning processes.
- Digital payments services company, Paytm entered into a tie-up with ICICI Bank to jointly launch ‘Paytm-ICICI Bank Postpaid’, that offers short-term credit to their common customers.
- Reliance General Insurance, a subsidiary of Reliance Capital, inks a bancassurance agreement with YES Bank. This is the first partnership signed by YES Bank since the open-architecture norms under the corporate agency regulations were introduced by the IRDAI in April 2016.
- Private sector lender Yes Bank signed an MoU with Innovation Centre Denmark India (ICDK India), a partnership between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark and the Danish Ministry of Higher Education and Science.
- Multinational networking and telecommunications company Ericsson headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden partnered with India’s largest telecom operator Bharti Airtel for deploying 5G technology in the country. Apart from Ericsson, Airtel has similar partnership with Nokia for 5G technology standard and management of connected devices.
- RBL Bank opened its First all Women branch in Chennai at RA Puram in Tamil Nadu.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
|S.No||Name||Appointed / Resigned as||Previously Held by|
|1.||Surendra Kumar Sinha||Bangladesh Chief Justice (Resigned)||–|
|2.||Vijay Prasad Dimri||President of the 36th International Geological Congress (IGC)||Shailesh Nayak|
|3||Ganga Kumari||Rajasthan’s first and India’s third transgender to join a state police force|
|4.||Filmmaker Sujoy Ghosh||Head of the Jury of the Indian Panorama of the 48th International Film Festival of India (IIFI) – (Resigned)|
|5.||Saeed Ajmal (Pakistan Off Spinner)||Announced Retirement|
|6.||RBI Governor Urjit Patel||Financial Stability Institute Advisory Board or the Bank of International Settlement (BIS)|
|7.||Sethurathnam Ravi||Chairman of the Bombay Stock Exchange||Dhirendra Swarup|
|8.||Chakravarthi AVPS, Managing Director, Ecobliss India||Global ambassador of the World Packaging Organisation (WPO)|
|9.||Sarah Clarke||First Female Black rod in the Britain Office History|
|10.||Anand Rajeshwar Baiwar||Executive Director of SEBI|
|S.No||Award Name||Awarded To|
|1.||Indian Sportswoman of the Year||Mithali Raj|
|2.||Personality of the Year Award @ International Film Festival of India (IFFI)||Amitabh Bachchan|
|3.||Miss International 2017||Kevin Lilliana|
|4.||Abu Dhabi Award||Andhra Pradesh Mineral Development Corporation (APMDC)|
|5.||2017 Cervantes Prize||Sergio Ramirez Mercado|
|6.||The National Book Award for fiction||Jesmyn Ward|
|7.||Miss World 2017||India’s Manushi Chhillar|
|8.||Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace||Former Prime Minister “Manmohan Singh”|
|9.||Lifetime Achievement Award at the International Film Festival of India (IFFI)||Atom Egoyan – Canadian filmmaker|
|10.||Prof. Yashwantrao Kelkar Yuva Puraskar 2017||Gopinath R|
|11.||Indo European Business Forum (IEBF) Excellence Award||Pawan Kalyan – Actor|
|12.||Lifetime Achievement Award for his outstanding contribution in the field of theatre||Girish Karnad|
- Teddy Riner won his tenth World title at the 2017 Judo World Championships Open in Marrakesh and remains undefeated emperor in judo.
- Indian Golfer Vani Kapoor finished 6th and Aditi Ashok finished 13th in the Women’s Indian Open Golf Tournament held at Gurugram.
- Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel won the Brazilian Grand Prix while Lewis Hamilton fought from the back of the field to finish fourth for champions Mercedes.
- France will host the 2023 Rugby World Cup after beating rival bids from South Africa and Ireland.
- The first Indian woman trap shooter to win an Olympic berth, Shagun Chowdhary bagged a national champion crown at the 61st National Shooting Championship in New Delhi.
- Kidambi Srikanth retained number two spot and HS Prannoy moved to the 10th spot in the BWF Rankings. In Women’s Singles PV Sindhu is at second and Saina Nehwal is at 11th In Women’s Doubles , Ashwini Ponnappa and N Sikki Reddy has been placed at Number 24.
- Apollo Tyres has associated with Chennaiyin FC soccer team as its principal sponsor for the 2017-18 Hero Indian Super League (ISL) season.
- Two-time Olympic-medallist Sushil Kumar, India’s Olympic medal winner Sakshi Malik and Geeta Phogat won gold medal in their respective categories in the National Wrestling championship in Indore.
- Amit Dhankar and Mausam Khatri bagged the gold medal in their respective weight categories of men’s freestyle.Khatri got the medal in men’s 97kg freestyle and Dhankar in The event held at Indore, MadhyaPradesh.
- India’s tennis player Yuki Bhambri clinched ATP Challenger Tour.He overcame Ramkumar Ramanathan in the Finals.The Event was held at Balewadi Sports Complex in Pune, Maharshtra.
- India’s star doubles table tennis pair A Sharath Kamal and G Sathiyan clinched Bronze Medalin 2017 World Tour Swedish Open held at Stockholm, Sweden.
- Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria has won the ATP Finals after three set victory over David Goffin of Belgium in London.
- Afghanistan clinched their maiden Under-19 Asia Cup title.The match was held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Ikram Ali khil was the man of the match against Pakistan.Mujeeb Zadran was the man of series for his 20 wickets in the tournament.
HISTORIC EVENT OF THE DAY
|NOVEMBER 13||WORLD KINDNESS DAY||–|
|NOVEMBER 14||WORLD DIABETES DAY||Women and diabetes – our right to a healthy future|
|NOVEMBER 16||NATIONAL PRESS DAY||–|
|NOVEMBER 19 – 25||National Integration Week (Quami Ekta Week)||–|
|NOVEMBER 21||WORLD FISHERIES DAY||–|
|NOVEMBER 20||UNIVERSAL CHILDREN DAY||It’s a #KidsTakeOver
- Kirana Gharana Jagdish Mohan – Noted Hindustani vocalist
- Kunwar Narayan – Eminent Hindi poet and Jnanpith awardee
- Shri Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi – Former Union Minister
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of November from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the Current Affairs and the Daily Current Affairs Quiz from the links given below and you can check us daily to get more updates.