CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS : DECEMBER 15 – DECEMBER 21
CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS : DECEMBER 15 – DECEMBER 21
Dear Bankers daily Aspirant,
The Mains Examinations of various exams are coming in the forthcoming days. Are you prepared for the General Awareness section and the Banking Awareness which is the scoring part for many aspirants ? If not you should definitely read this one liners if you need a quick & Short content for your preparations henceforth we provide the One Liners for the 3rd Week of December, 2017.
We are providing the aspirants with the curated list of Recent happenings in the 3rd week of December and so this could be vital for your preparations for the General Awareness and Static Awareness and also for the Banking Awareness section in the forthcoming exams.
Check the Weekly One Liners from December 15 – December 21 and you could also download the Weekly Current Affairs One Liners as PDF from the link below. There are chances that the recent events from the current affairs can be asked in the forthcoming RBI Assistant Mains Examination 2017 & IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2017 which happens in the forthcoming days.
You can download the Weekly One Liners of December 15 – December 21 from the link given below and you can read the one liners also which is provided below.
- INS Kalvari was commissioned into Indian Navy’s fleet by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, after delay of five years in Mumbai.
- Rajasthan has become the first Indian state to launch free email addresses in Hindi (in Devanagari script) for its residents.
- The Home Ministry has released Rs 174 crore to six states (Assam, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Manipur, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal) for development of infrastructure under the Border Area Development Programme (BADP).
- The Supreme Court has extended the deadline up to March 31 next year for linking of Aadhaar with various schemes and welfare measures. It was announced by a five-judge Constitution Bench headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra.
- An infrastructure equipment manufacturing park on 500 acres is to be developed by Attivo Economic Zones Pvt Ltd,part of Srei Group in the National Investment and Manufacturing Zone (NIMZ), in Zaheerabad, Telangana.
- The 14th Inclusive Finance India Summit has begun in New Delhi.
- Atal Innovation Mission under the aegis of NITI Aayog, celebrated the Community Drive Initiative as part of ATAL Community Day.
- VP Singh Badnore launched the Chandigarh Smart city cards created by Chandigarh Administration in association with the Bank of India.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 60-megawatt Tuirial hydroelectric power project in Aizawl, Mizoram.
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, laid the foundation stone of the Nyaya Gram project of the High Court of Allahabad.
- The 14-day Indo-Maldives joint military exercise, ‘EKUVERIN-2017, ‘began at the Maratha Light Infantry Regimental Centre, Belagavi, Bengaluru.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced Rs 90,000 crore for improving roads and national highways in the Northeast in the next two to three years to facilitate better connectivity.
- Shri Narendra Modi has approved Capital Investment Subsidy amounting to Rs.264.67 crore to four industrial units located in North Eastern Region (NER).
- A research institute for the study of the ‘Bhagavad Gita’ will be set up by the Uttar Pradesh government in Mathura.
- Meghalaya became the first state in India to operationalise a law that makes social audit of government programmes and schemes a part of government practice.
- Cabinet approves Agreement with UNESCO on establishment of International Training Centre for Operational Oceanography, as a Category-2 Centre (C2C) of UNESCO, in Hyderabad.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the continuation of Centrally Sponsored Scheme of National Ayush Mission (NAM) from 2017-2020. It has been approved with an outlay of Rs. 2400 crore over the 3 year period.
- The GST Council has approved mandatory compliance of e-way bill for intra-state movement of goods from June 1, 2018.
- Tata Power Renewable Energy Ltd India(TPREL) has commissioned its 100 MW solar plant project at Pavagada Solar Park in Karnataka.
- The ten-day long festival of Losar festival has begun in Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The Minister for Petroleum & Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan has inaugurated eastern India’s first compressed natural gas (CNG) stations for scooters in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- The Andhra Pradesh government has signed an agreement with Alphabet InC.’s X to bring the Free Space Optical Communication (FSOC) technology in the state.
- The Andhra Pradesh Cabinet approved a scheme to provide a pension of Rs 1500 to transgenders above 18 years of age in the state.
- The Skill Development Ministry and Maruti Suzuki have signed an agreement to impart training to youth and enhance their employment potential.
- India will host a meeting of WTO member countries, in support of food security and other issues, announced by Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu in New Delhi.
- Assam government and the Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev-led Isha Foundation inked an MOU for rejuvenation and conservation of rivers.
- Indian Railways has planned to make all stations 100% LED lit by March 2018.
- The government has approved setting up of a total 42 Mega Food Parks in the country to create modern infrastructure for food processing.
- Indian Army’s Southern Command is conducting a major military exercise called Hamesha Vijayee in the deserts of Rajasthan.
- Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu announced that the government is trying to develop the state as an e-learning gaming hub.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by PM Narendra Modi approved the initiative to set up India’s first ever National Rail and Transport University (NRTU) in Vadodara, Gujarat.
- The Telangana state government’s prestigious Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Scheme has finally got the Green Nod from central government.
- India and Morocco signed an MoU for enhanced cooperation in the health sector in New Delhi. This is signed by JP Nadda and Dr Abdelkader Amara of Morocco
- India was ranked 100th among 149 countries on the list of prosperous countries, an annual ranking developed by the London-based Legatum Institute.
- The third World Telugu Conference is all set to begin in the Lal Bahadur Stadium, Hyderabad.
- Russia and Egypt have signed an agreement to construct Egypt’s first nuclear plant. The plant will be constructed in Dabaa city in Egypt’s coastal Matrouh province.
- India to host 3rd Annual Meeting of Board of Governors of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.The meeting will be hosted in Mumbai.
- Venkaiah Naidu to Inaugurate World Conference On Vedas in Delhi. It was held at the Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts (IGNCA).
- India on held the fourth edition of the trilateral meet with Japan and Australia in New Delhi.
- The Eleventh World Trade Organization (WTO) Ministerial Conference (MC11) took place in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Colombia in the field of agriculture and fisheries.
- Conservative Sebastian Pinera wins Chile’s Presidential election.
- The World Health Organisation has declared Gabon a “polio-free country”.
- Indian diaspora is world’s largest with more than 15.6 million people from India living overseas. After India, Mexico has the second largest diaspora followed by China.
- The World Bank has approved $125 million (around Rs800 crore) loan to India for the STRIVE project for skill development.
- India and Myanmar signed an agreement for socio-economic development of Myanmar’s Rakhine State.
- Delhi Ranks 7th in Most Expensive Office Locations List, According to the latest report by JLL India.
- The International Monetary Fund has approved the third installment of USD 12 billion, three-year loan for Egypt.
BANKING & BUSINESS
- The global mobile payment solutions company ‘OBOPAY’ has secured a license for Prepaid Payment Instrument (PPI) from the Reserve Bank of India to operate a semi-closed loop wallet in the country.
- South Korea banned its financial institutions from dealing in virtual currencies such as Bitcoin.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed Rs 3 crore penalties on IndusInd Bank for breaching rules on income classification norms.
- America’s Michael Jordan from America has been named as the highest-paid athletes of all time by the latest list released by Forbes.
- Jammu and Kashmir Bank launched a sahafat finance scheme wherein a loan of up to Rs three lakh can be availed by journalists and employees of media houses in the state.
- The country’s largest bank, State Bank of India, launched State Bank Rewardz Scheme.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has lowered India’s GDP forecast for the current fiscal by 0.3 percent to 6.7 percent.
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has approved a USD 335 million loan to finance a 100-percent electric metro rail project in Bangalore.
- The government has engaged private lender ICICI Bank to enable online payments at 470 mandis. It has been integrated with the national portal of electronic National Agriculture Market (e-NAM).
- Airtel to acquire Millicom’s Operations in Rwanda.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a penalty of Rs 5 crore on Syndicate Bank. It has been paid for their non-compliance with directions on “Cheque Purchase or Discounting, Bill Discounting, and Know Your Customer (KYC)” norms.
- India currently ranks 60th out of 127 countries on the Global Innovation Index (GII) 2017. The list was topped by Switzerland. In 2016 GII, India was in 66th rank.
- Ola operated by ANI Technologies Pvt. Ltd has acquired food delivery start-up Food panda India Pvt. Ltd from its German parent Delivery Hero.
- Iraq has overtaken Saudi Arabia for the first time to become India’s top crude oil supplier in the current fiscal.
- Bank of India (BoI) became the eighth lender to come under the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) prompt corrective action (PCA), as bad loans raised high and return on assets turned negative.
- YES Bank and the European Investment Bank will co-finance $400-million funding for renewable power generation in the country. Under this renewable power generation initiative, several solar projects in Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Karnataka will be established.
- AU Small Finance Bank has announced signing a MoU with Sahaj e-Village for extending its banking service in remote areas.
|Person Name||Appointed for||Retires|
|R Hemalatha||New Director of the National Institute of Nutrition (NIN), Hyderabad||_____|
|Narinder Batra||New president of the Indian Olympic Association||_____|
|Rajeev Mehta||Re-elected secretary general for Indian Olympic Association||_____|
|Michel Coulomb||Apple India sales operations|
|Justice Swatanter Kumar||______||NGT Chairperson Retires|
AWARDS & HONOURS
|Name of the person||Award/Honour name||Held in|
|Jitesh Singh Deo(Lucknow)||Mr. India World 2017 title||Mumbai|
|Prathamesh Maulingkar||Mr. India Supranational||Mumbai|
|Piyush Pandey & Prasoon Pandey||Cannes Lions’ Lifetime Achievement Award||_____|
|Youthquake||word of the year for 2017 by Oxford Dictionaries||_____|
|Eminent Bengali poet Joy Goswami||31st Moortidevi Award for the year 2017||_____|
|Mo Farah||BBC’s Sports Personality of the Year Award||_____|
|Satheesh Reddy||National Design Award||chennai|
|Tata Steel Joda Mine||Golden Peacock Innovation Award||Singapore|
|Rekha||First Smita Patil Memorial Award|
|Shree Saini||Miss India USA 2017||New Jersey|
- India become the first-ever team to register 300+ totals 100 times in ODIs, after posting 392/4 against Sri Lanka in Mohali.
- India’s men and women’s hockey teams remained in the 6th and 10th positions respectively in the rankings revealed by the International Hockey Federation (FIH).
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), announced that India will be hosting the ICC Cricket World Cup on 2023 and the ICC Champions Trophy in 2021.
- World Youth Champion Sachin Siwach was named the Asian Boxing Confederation’s Best Youth Boxer of the Year.
- The emblems of the Beijing 2022 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games have been named “Winter Dream” and “Flight,” respectively.
- Midfielder Christian Pulisic (19-year) has been named as the U.S. male Player of the Year.
- India clinched 10 gold at Commonwealth Wrestling Championship, held in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Double Olympic medalist Sushil Kumar clinched a gold medal at the Commonwealth Wrestling Championships in South Africa.
- PV Sindhu Clinched Silver Medal in Dubai World Super Series
- The former Milan and Real Madrid midfielder Kaka announced his retirement as a player.
- India has won 10 medals that includes 5-Silver and 5-Bronze medals in the first Wushu Sanda Asian Cup in Guangzhou, China.
- India have clinched the One-Day International series 2-1 against Sri Lanka. India also recorded their eighth successive win in a bilateral contest.
- India’s top-ranked junior shuttler Aakarshi Kashyap won U-17 and U-19 singles titles at 42nd Badminton junior Nationals in Guwahati, Assam.
- The Indian junior boxing contingent clinched six gold, four silvers and one bronze medal at the 5th International Sven Lange Memorial Tournament in Germany.
- Lionel Messi,has received La Liga’s top scorer and best player awards for the 2016-2017 football season.
- Actor and filmmaker ‘Neeraj Vora’ passed away in Mumbai.
- American Keely Smith, the iconic jazz and pop vocalist passes away.
HISTORIC EVENT OF THE DAY
|18||International Migrants Day||“Safe Migration in a World on the Move”|
|20||International Human Solidarity Day||______|
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of December from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of November from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the Current Affairs and the Daily Current Affairs Quiz from the links given below and you can check us daily to get more updates.