CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS : JANUARY 9 – JANUARY 15
CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS : JANUARY 9 – JANUARY 15
Dear Bankers daily Aspirant,
The Clerk Mains Examinations of various exams are coming in the forthcoming days. Are you prepared for the General Awareness section and the Banking Awareness which is the scoring part for many aspirants ? If not you should definitely read this one liners if you need a quick & Short content for your preparations henceforth we provide the One Liners for the 2nd Week of January, 2017.
We are providing the aspirants with the curated list of Recent happenings in the 2nd week of January and so this could be vital for your preparations for the General Awareness and Static Awareness and also for the Banking Awareness section in the forthcoming exams.
Check the Weekly One Liners from January 9 – January 15 and you could also download the Weekly Current Affairs One Liners as PDF from the link below. There are chances that the recent events from the current affairs can be asked in the forthcoming IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2017 which happens in the forthcoming days.
You can download the Weekly One Liners of January 9 – January 15 from the link given below and you can read the one liners also which is provided below.
You can join in our Telegram Channel the invite given below and you can share this with your friends and other aspirants who are preparing for their exams like you.
Caution: You should have Telegram app installed in your mobile to join the group.If you don’t have telegram app in your mobile. First install the app and click the link given below….
- Union Minister of Earth Sciences Dr Harsh Vardhan dedicated India’s fastest and first multi-petaflops supercomputer to the nation in Pune.
- Union Government sets upsecond Film and Television Institute in Arunachal Pradesh announced by Union Minister of Development of North Eastern Region Jitendra Singh.
- The Union Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs (MoPA)proposed rolling out of e-Sansad in Parliament and e-Vidhan in State Legislatures. It is established under “Digital India” to make the functioning of Parliament and State Legislatures paperless. It was announced by Parliamentary Affairs Minister Ananth Kumar.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates thefirst Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) Parliamentary Conference in the ‘Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra’ .
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched a common card for rides on public buses and the metro.
- Government has extended the deadline forlinking of biometric identification Aadhaar to small savings schemes like post office deposits, Kisan Vikas Patra by three months to March 31, 2018.
- Music composer AR Rahmanbecame the brand ambassador of Sikkim. The declaration was made by Sikkim CM Pawan Kumar Chamling.
- Gujarat has topped the logistics index chart, according to a Report released by Union Minister for Commerce & Industry.
- Andhra Pradesh government plans to introduce ‘Bhoodhar card’for a digital record of each individual’s land holdings with a particular number. There would be a secret number to each card.
- Research Designs & Standards Organisation (RDSO), the research arm of Ministry of Railways, has launched “New Online Vendor Registration System”.
- The Central government has sanctioned the raising of a Territorial Army (TA) battalion comprising ex-servicemen of the Army. It is formed as part of Clean Ganga mission by 2020.
- The Supreme Court announced playing the national anthem before screening movies in cinema halls is not mandatory.
- Prime Minister would announce construction of a refinery at Barmer in Rajasthan.
- President Ram NathKovind to inaugurate 4th International Dharma-Dhamma Conference on the theme”State and Social Order in Dharma-Dhamma Traditions” at Rajgir in Nalanda district, Bihar.
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has introduced a concept of ‘Virtual ID’
- The world’s largest solar-thermal power plant has been given development approval by the South Australian government.
- Indian space agency ISROlaunched its 100th satellite along with 30 others in a single mission. Thirty-one spacecrafts, including weather observation Cartosat-2 series satellite were launched by PSLV-C40.
- The 4th Annual Women Leadership Summitwill be held at IIM-Bangalore. The theme for 2018 is ‘Redefining Power for a Newer Tomorrow’.
- Ministry of Railwayshave launched Smart Freight Operation Optimisation & Real Time Information (SFOORTI) App for Freight Managers.
- The ASEAN Ministers of Agriculture and Forestry and the Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Government of India, held our Fourth ASEAN-India Ministerial Meeting on Agriculture and Forestry (AIMMAF) in New Delhi, India.
- The seventh edition of the Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav, under the Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat matrix, begins in Karnataka. The event was organised by the Ministry of Culture.
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumarvisited Rohtas and Bhojpur districts of the state yesterday as part of his state-wide ‘Vikas Samiksha Yatra’.
- Johnson and Johnson partners with Maharashtra Govt onhealth interventions.
- Union Home Minister, Shri Rajnath Singh will inaugurate a two-day International Workshop on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (IWDRI) in New Delhi. The workshop is organised by the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) in collaboration with United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR).
- Engineering majorLarsen & Toubro has commissioned the 360 MW Bheramara power plant in Bangladesh.
- Australia India Youth Dialogue (AIYD) is a youth-led dialogue between the young and emerging leaders of both countries.
- Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahuwill be on a six-day visit to India since 2003. He will attend the Raisina Dialogue in New Delhi besides meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- South Korea and the Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI) signed a memorandum of understanding for co-operation between industries.
- India has signed an MoU with the United Kingdom to enable the return of illegal Indian migrants within a month of their detection by authorities abroad.
- The 5th Bilateral Technical Meeting on cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine between Government of India and Malaysia was held at New Delhi.
- UN Environment and the World Health Organization have agreed a new, wide-ranging collaboration.
- American and Japanese military forces have launched joint exercises “Iron Fist”.
- External Affairs Minister (EAM) Sushma Swaraj and Bhutan’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Lyonpo Damcho Dorji jointly unveiled the ‘Special logo’ for the Golden Jubilee celebrations in New Delhi and Thimphu through video-conference.
BANKING & BUSINESS
- Punjab National Bank (PNB)has tied up with National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation(NSFDC).
- The World Bank has upgraded India’s estimated GDP growth this fiscal year to 7% instead of the 6.5% estimate by the Indian government.
- Ola, the taxi hailing app has tied up with ICICI Bank to provide a range of integrated offers,including micro-credit to their customers and digital payment facilities to driver partners
- Flipkart’s payments arm PhonePehas partnered with mobile wallet company FreeCharge to allow the Free charge customers to pay for transactions at PhonePe’s partner merchants.
- Ministry of housing and urban affairsand Allahabad Bank has signed a memorandum of understanding to provide a centralised platform for processing interest subsidy under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana- National Urban Livelihood Mission.
- According to Bloomberg’s billionaire tracker, Amazon’s Chief Operating officer Jeff Bezos is now the richest person in history with net worth more than Bill Gates.
- One97 Communications Ltd, that runs Paytm, has set up a new entity called Paytm Money Ltd. The new company will be headed by Pravin Jadhav as senior vice-president.
- Amazon Indiahas partnered with LoomWorld to offer handwoven products from Tamil Nadu on Amazons platform.
- Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltdplans to create its own cryptocurrency, JioCoin. Mukesh Ambani’s elder son Akash Ambani leads the JioCoin project.
- IndusInd Bank and Dynamics Inc plans to introduce the first battery-powered, interactive payment cards in the Indian market in 2018.
- India gives a financial assistance of Rs.288 crore( USD 45.27 million) for Kankesanthurai (KKS) Harbour. It is to transform northern Sri Lanka into a commercial port and strengthening the country’s efforts to become a regional maritime hub.
- The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)has listed Indian Railways Finance Corporation’s (IRFC) first green bond on its global securities market.
- India has emerged as a top borrower from the China-sponsoredAsian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)with $1.5 billion worth of loans in 2017. Next to India, Indonesia has emerged as the second largest borrower with about $600 million loans.
- The World Economic Forum (WEF)has ranked India at 30th position on a global manufacturing index. Japantops the list and is followed by South Korea, Germany.
- Regulator SEBI has allowed India Pepper and Spice Trade Association (IPSTA) and Rajkot Commodity Exchange (RCX)to cease operations.
- Federal Bankhas entered into a strategic partnership with Hedge Equities Ltd for providing Portfolio Investment Scheme (PIS) services to
- The boards of the IDFC Bank Ltd.and Capital First Ltd., approved a merger between themselves. The merged entity will have a diversified portfolio across large corporate lending, small and medium enterprise (SME) loans and retail credit.
- According to wealth index released on basis of data from fourth round of National Family and Health Survey(NFHS-4) recently released by the Ministry Of Health And Family Welfare. Delhiis richest state and Jain wealthiest community in the country.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
|Name of the person||Appointed for the post||Replaces||Resigns|
|Dilip Asbe||Has Been Appointed As MD & CEO Of NPCI||Hota||_____|
|K Sivan||new Chairman of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)||AS Kiran Kumar||_____|
|Harjinder Singh||as the Chef De Mission for the 23rd Winter Olympic Games||____||_____|
|Singapore-based Indian-origin businessman Sunny Verghese||Chairman of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development||Paul Polman||_____|
|senior advocate Indu Malhotra||First Woman Lawyer Directly Promoted As SC Judge||_____||_____|
|VJ Mathew||Appointed As Maritime Board Chairman||_____||_____|
|Anil Khanna||Chairman of the Finance Commission of the Indian Olympic Association||_____||_____|
AWARDS & HONOURS
|Name of the Award||Awarded to the person/Place||At|
|France will confer its highest order of merit, the ‘Legion of Honour’||Soumitra Chattopadhyay||42nd International Kolkata Book Fair|
|entered Limca Book of Records for having an all-woman staff||Matunga suburban station|
- Australia beat England by innings and 123 runs in Ashes Test Series.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI),has suspended Indian all-rounder Yusuf Pathan for 5 months on doping violation.
- India’s swing bowler Bhuvneshwar Kumar has jumped eight places to 22nd rank in the latest ICC ranking.
- Aanchal Thakurwins bronze medal in Alpine Ejder 3200 Cup in Turkey. She is the first Indian to win a medal at an international skiing event.
- Aditya Mehta clinched the Kolkata Open International Invitation Snooker Championship at the Hindustan Club in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- China’s national marathon champion and Olympian Wang Jialihas been banned for eight years after failing a drugs test.
- South African player Kagiso Rabada has recently became the top-ranked bowler in Test cricket.
- Former world silver-medallist Sarjubala Devi (48kg), representing Manipur, claimed the gold National Women’s Boxing Championships.
- In Melbourne, the 25-year old Indian Yuki Bhambri overcame Canadian Peter Polansky and has qualified for the Australian Open tennis tournament.
- Bollywood actor Shrivallabh Vyaspassed away in Jaipur.
- Atomic scientist and NIAS Director Baldev Raj passed away.
- Veteran Tamil writer, journalist and theatre personality, Gnani Sankaran,
- Raghunath Jha(78) was former Union minister of State for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprise in UPA government led by former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, passed away at a Delhi’s Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital.
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of January from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of December from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of November from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the Current Affairs and the Daily Current Affairs Quiz from the links given below and you can check us daily to get more updates.
|January||Importance of the day||Theme|
|9||Non-resident Indian Day (Pravasi Bharatiya Divas)||_____|
|10||World Laughter Day||_____|
|12||National youth day (Yuva Diwas or Swami Vivekananda Birthday)||Sankalp Se Siddhi|
|15||Indian Army celebrates 70th Army Day||_____|