CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS : JANUARY 1 – JANUARY 8
CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS : JANUARY 1 – JANUARY 8
Dear Bankers daily Aspirant,
The Clerk Mains Examinations of various exams are coming in the forthcoming days. Are you prepared for the General Awareness section and the Banking Awareness which is the scoring part for many aspirants ? If not you should definitely read this one liners if you need a quick & Short content for your preparations henceforth we provide the One Liners for the 1st Week of January, 2017.
We are providing the aspirants with the curated list of Recent happenings in the 1st week of January and so this could be vital for your preparations for the General Awareness and Static Awareness and also for the Banking Awareness section in the forthcoming exams.
Check the Weekly One Liners from January 1 – January 8 and you could also download the Weekly Current Affairs One Liners as PDF from the link below. There are chances that the recent events from the current affairs can be asked in the forthcoming IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2017 which happens in the forthcoming days.
You can download the Weekly One Liners of January 1 – January 8 from the link given below and you can read the one liners also which is provided below.
You can join in our Telegram Channel the invite given below and you can share this with your friends and other aspirants who are preparing for their exams like you.
Caution: You should have Telegram app installed in your mobile to join the group.If you don’t have telegram app in your mobile. First install the app and click the link given below….
- The Haryana government has launched ‘Bhavantar Bharpayee Yojana’, assuring farmers of fair prices for their produce and emphasising on diversification of crops.
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari announced that 1,250 crore has been sanctioned for overall development of inland water transport of Assam.
- The Cochin International Airport Ltd, which runs the airport of Kochi, Kerala, commissioned its 12 MW solar power plant, it earned the distinction of becoming the world’s first airport to meet all of its electricity requirements from solar.
- Arunachal Pradesh emerged as the second State in the Northeast, after Sikkim, to be declared Open Defecation Free. Arunachal has 21 districts and the national deadline for OPF is October 2, 2019.
- Maharashtra government allocated 14,240 crore for the farm loan waiver scheme and for repayment to farmers whose produce was purchased by the State.
- Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi inaugurates an online portal NARI for the empowerment of women in New Delhi.
- Karnataka has received the approval for purchase of electric vehicles from the Department of Heavy Industries of the Union Government under FAME India Scheme.
- The 171st Araadhanai Music Festival of one of the Trinities of Carnatic music Saint Thyagaraja begins in Thiruvaiyaru, Tamil Nadu.
- State-owned gas utility GAIL India Ltd has commissioned the country’s second largest rooftop solar power plant in Uttar Pradesh.
- The first part draft of the National Register of Citizens (NRC) for Assam recognises 19 million people out of a total 32.9 million applicants recognised as Indian citizens.NRC was released by Registrar General of India Sailesh.
- Preeti Sudan, Secretary, Health and Family Welfare launched the Allied and Healthcare Professionals’ database portal.
- The Animal Husbandry department of the state government has banned all voluntary animal care and non-government organisations working under the ‘Karuna Abhiyan’ to operate in residential areas during the Uttarayan festival.
- The Telangana government launched 24×7 power supply to the state’s 2.3 million farmers free of cost.
- Government introduces a scheme worth 100 crore to ensure better facilities for the tourists visiting the state announced by Madhya Pradesh Tourism Minister Surendra Patwa.
- The Centre released the contours of the ‘Electoral Bonds’ scheme, which seeks to ensure the flow of clean money to political parties. Electoral Bond is a financial instrument for making donations to political parties.
- The Karnataka government announced that ‘Karnataka International Travel Expo’ (KITE) will be held from February 28. It aims to improve the State’s visibility in the tourism market.
- The Haryana state government set to implement the integrated solar based micro irrigation scheme (ISBMI) in all districts of the State.
- National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has approved five projects worth Rs. 01 crore.
- Smt Preeti Sudan, Secretary of Health and Family Welfare has launched the country’s first digital Online Oncology Tutorial Series. It is designed by the Tata Memorial Center in collaboration with the Health Ministry.
- The government has announced the launch of largest cleanliness survey for this year as part of Swachh Bharat Mission. It would be the largest survey impacting more than 40 crore urban population. In Swachh Survekshan 2017, Indore emerged as the cleanest city in the country.
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development,(NABARD) has sanctioned Rs 51 crore loan assistance. It was sanctioned under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) to Odisha towards irrigation and rural bridge projects.
- Defence Ministry has cleared contracts worth 2,420 crore rupees for Navy and Army which includes the procurement of P-8I Training Solution and Low Intensity Conflict Electronic Warfare System (LICEWS).
- Meghalaya signed the Host City Contract with the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) for hosting the 39th National Games in 2022.
- The Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA) and India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) signed an agreement for the training the employees of the IPPB in the area of payment banking.
- Goa will be hosting the third edition of the Science Film Festival of India.
- According to the Maharashtra Government Resolution (GR) issued by the urban development, the state govt has announced a sport fine of 500 for open defecation.
- The fourth edition of the Tamil Nadu International Balloon Festivalwill be held in Pollachi near Coimbatore.
- The West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjeeinaugurated its own State symbol. The logo highlights the Ashoka emblem on the top with the theme of “Biswa Bangla” at the centre.
- The26th edition of New Delhi World Book Fair is all set to begin in New Delhi.
- Boeing will set up a training facility for its P-8I warfare aircraftat the naval air station INS Rajali, near Arakkonam in Tamil Nadu.
- The Himalayan Hydro Expo 2018 begins at Kathmandu, Nepal.The President of NepalBidya Devi Bhandariinaugurated the exhibition.
- A memorandum of understanding (MoU) on Technology Missionfor Indian Railways (TMIR) was signed by the ministries of railways, human resource development (HRD), and science and technology.
- The Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, Rajyavardhan Rathorelaunched the simple yet vibrant Khelo India logo at the Nehru Stadium in New Delhi.
- The Union Defence minister Nirmala Sitharamanhas announced the release of 20 crore to the Coimbatore District Small Industries’ Association (Codissia).
- Indian navy inked a pact withCochin port trust for utilising the Port berthing facility at Mattancherry wharf for Naval ships.
- Haryana becomes the first state in the country to launchHigh Risk Pregnancy (HRP) Portal.
- Nepal has banned solo climbers from scaling its mountains, including Mount Everest, in a bid to reduce accidents.
- Israel has filed notice to withdraw from the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) alongside the United States.
- Pakistan’s central bank has allowed the Chinese yuan or Renminbi to be used for bilateral trade and investment activities.
- India and Pakistan exchanged the list of nuclear installations and facilities through diplomatic channels simultaneously at New Delhi and Islamabad under a three-decade old bilateral pact.
- India cancelled a $500-million deal to develop Spike anti-tank guided missiles with Israel. Rafael has received an official notification from India’s Ministry of Defence concerning the cancellation of the Spike deal.
- The government approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and UK to improve public transport in the country. The MoU was signed by Ministry of Road Transport and Highways(India) and ‘Transport for London’, a statutory body established under the Greater London Authority Act, 1999 (UK).
- Equatorial Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kuwait, Peru, Poland and the Netherlands formally joined the ranks of the non-permanent members of the United Nations Security Council.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Israel on cooperation in the Oil and Gas Sector.
- The Cabinet has approved the Agreement between India and Myanmar on Land Border Crossing. The Agreement would give a boost to the economy of the north east region.
- India has excluded Pakistan from the list of Saarc member countries with which it will be connecting its state-of-the art National Knowledge Network (NKN)for sharing scientific databases and remote access to advanced research facilities.
- Iceland has stepped up for equality and has become the first country in the world to legalise equal pay.
- Saudi Arabia approved India’s plan to allow Haj pilgrimsto travel via sea route to
BANKING & BUSINESS
- Public sector IDBI Bank has received the capital infusion of Rs 2,729 crore from the government of India. The government had unveiled a Rs 2.11 lakh crore two-year roadmap for strengthening NPA-hit public sector banks earlier in Oct2017.
- Around 10 crore soil health cards have been issued, and farmers who use these have managed to save use of urea by 8-10 per cent announced by Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh.
- Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) introduced the Value Added Tax (VAT) for the first time. It is a five percent tax on most goods and services to boost revenue.
- The Rajya Sabha passed the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Bill which aims to reduce the crisis of looming bad loans in the banking sector.
- State Bank of India and Nabard have signed an agreement with five NGOs in Bengal for the promotion of 2,500 joint liability groups (JLGs).
- The Customers will not have to pay any transaction charges for payments through debit card, BHIM app and other payment made for up to Rs 2,000.
- India’s growth rate is expected to accelerate in 2018 and it will improve further to 6 per cent by 2019-20as key sectors would regain from disruptions related to the implementation of GST and demonetisation.
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has provided financial assistance of Rs 10,000 crore to Odisha till Q3.
- HDFC Bank has announced a partnership with Rajasthan Government to promote startups in the state.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has initiated prompt corrective action (PCA) against public sector lender Allahabad Bank. The bank has high net non-performing assets (NPAs) and negative return on assets (RoA) for two consecutive years.
- The Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank (APGVB) has operationalised its first desktop ATM in Telangana. The mini-ATM within the branch premises will facilitate customers to withdraw small amounts.
- The Government of India has announced the launch of 7.75 per cent Savings (Taxable) Bonds, 2018, commencing from January 10, 2018.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI)presented the new Rs 10 banknote under the Mahatma Gandhi (New) series.
- The Indian economy is expected to decelerate to 5% in 2017-18 from 7.1% in the previous year, because of demonetisation and goods and services tax (GST).
- The Telangana Industrial Health Clinic Limited (TIHCL)has secured the RBI approval for becoming a non-banking finance company (NBFC).
- Paytm Payments Bankhas partnered with Induslnd Bank to introduce a facility to create a fixed deposit when the customer balance exceeds Rs 1 lakh at the end of day.
- India’s largest lender State Bank of India plans to raise upto USD 2 billion (over Rs 12,600 crore)by issuing bonds in US dollar or other convertible currency.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
|Name of the person||Appointed for||Succeeds the person||Resigned|
|Senior IAS officer N C Goel||new Chief Secretary of Rajasthan||_____||_____|
|Vijay Keshav Gokhale||foreign secretary||S Jaishankar||_____|
|Pankaj Jain||As the Managing Director of India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd (IIFCL)||______||_____|
|Salil Parekh||take charge as Infosys CEO||UB Pravin Rao||______|
|Soumeylou Boubeye Maiga||as new Prime Minister of Mali||Abdoulaye Idrissa Maiga||______|
|Rajinder Khanna||Deputy National Security Adviser||Arvind Gupta||______|
|Film actor Akshay Kumar||to promote cleanliness in Mumbai as part of the Swachh Survekshan 2018.||______||________|
AWARDS & HONOURS
|Name of the award||Award goes to|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust||won the “Samudra Manthan – Caring Organisation of the Year” award|
|Ravi Menon||Named Best Governor Of Asia Pacific|
|motion picture, drama is Frances McDormand||Best performance by an actress|
|motion picture, drama is Gary Oldman||Best performance by an actor|
|Name of the person/Team||Name of the event||Held at|
|Indian golfer Shiv Kapur||won the Royal Cup||Pattaya|
|Vidarbha||Ranji Trophy title||Holkar Stadium in Indore|
|G Sathiyan||has become India’s highest- ranked player||____|
|Liverpool and Egypt striker Mohamed Salah||Arab Player of the Year for 2017|
|India-South Africa Test series||named as “Freedom Series”|
|Ukraine’s Elina Svitolina||first WTA title in women’s singles||Brisbane International 2018|
|Australian Nick Kyrgios||Men’s single||Brisbane International 2018|
|Henri Kontinen and John Peers||Men’s Doubles winner||Brisbane International 2018|
|Kiki Bertens and Demi Schuurs||Women’s Doubles winner||Brisbane International 2018|
|Gilles Simon of France||Wins Inaugural Tata Open Title||held at Balewadi Sports Complex in Pune|
|Switzerland-Roger Federer and Belinda Bencic||won their third Hopman Cup|
- Noted Urdu poet Anwar Jalalpuri passed away in
- Carnatic singer, Radha Viswanathanpassed away in Bengaluru. Radha Viswanathan is the daughter of famous classical singer M S Subbulakshmi.
- FormerWorld Trade Organization Director General Peter Sutherland passed away.
- Powerlifting world champion Saksham Yadavpasses away in an accident in New Delhi.
- Legendary American astronaut John Young, passed away.
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of December from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of November from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the Current Affairs and the Daily Current Affairs Quiz from the links given below and you can check us daily to get more updates.