CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS:February 8– February 14
CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS:February 8– February 14
Dear Bankers daily Aspirant,
The SBI Clerk exam is coming in the forthcoming days. Are you prepared for the General Awareness section and the Banking Awareness which is the scoring part for many aspirants ? If not you should definitely read this one liners if you need a quick & Short content for your preparations henceforth we provide the One Liners for the 2nd Week of February, 2018.
We are providing the aspirants with the curated list of Recent happenings in the 1st week of February and so this could be vital for your preparations for the General Awareness and Static Awareness and also for the Banking Awareness section in the forthcoming exams.
Check the Weekly One Liners from February 8–February 14 and you could also download the Weekly Current Affairs One Liners as PDF from the link below. There are chances that the recent events from the current affairs can be asked in the forthcoming exam like , SBI Clerk which happens in the forthcoming days.
You can download the Weekly One Liners of February 8–February 14 from the link given below and you can read the one liners also which is provided below.
- The Reserve Bank of India kept the the repo ratesunchanged at 6 percent. The reverse repo rate under the LAF remains at 75 percent, and the marginal standing facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate at 6.25 percent.
- Google and NCERTsigned a pact to integrate a course on ‘Digital Citizenship and Safety’ in information and communication technology curriculum.
- India has successfully test-fired its indigenously developed nuclear capable Prithvi-II missile as part of a user trial by the Army from a test range in Odisha.
- A committee is constituted by the Kannada and Culture department of the Karnataka government to examine the feasibility of having a separate flag for the state.It was led by chairman of Kannada Development Authority G S Siddaramaya.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approved implementation of ‘Prime Minister’s Research Fellows (PMRF)’ scheme.It has been laid at a total cost of Rs 1650 crore for a period of seven years beginning 2018-19.
- The Haryana government has launched the ‘Gobardhan Yojana’ .It is to provide for the sale of organic manure and cow urine with an aim to benefit farmers.
- The South Central Railway (SCR) has become the first railway zone in the country to complete 100 percent LED lighting at all the stations under its jurisdiction.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved to enhance of the target of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) from five crore to eight crore.
- The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) will start a pilot project “pay as you use“ tolling in India.
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has constituted a 13-member advisory committee. The committee will be headed by Vinay Sheel Oberoi, former secretary in the government.
- NITI Aayog released the list of Healthy State progressive report.Kerala, Punjab and Tamil Nadu have ranked top among the larger states in terms of overall performance.
- The Hindustan Aeronautics Limited has developed the first flight of Hawk-i with indigenous Real Time Operating System (RTOS).
- Power Minister R K Singh launched a web-based monitoring system and a fly-ash mobile application which would act as an interface between producers and consumers.
- The Minister of State for Textiles Ajay Tamta inaugurated India Pavilion at Ambiente 2018 in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Another world record was created on the second day of Rajim Kumbh Mela after over 2,100 saints and locals played conch shells ‘shankh’ together in Chhattisgarh’s Gariaband.
- In a bid to fill up the security gaps and protect military base camps of Jammu and Kashmir, North East and several other places from terrorist attack, the Defence Ministry sanctioned Rs 1,487 crore to the Army.
- Maharashtra has started an initiative to connect with youth on social media- initiative called as “MahaMitra”. Maharashtra government has started this initiative with an aim to encourage youngsters for coming forward and sharing their success stories and felicitating those working for a good cause as ‘social media leaders’.
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh launched the Centre for learning Sanskrit language in Gujarat University in Ahmedabad.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development is considering to establish National Women Entrepreneurship Council (NWEC).
- Mumbai, India’s financial capital is the 12th richest city in the world with a total wealth of $950 billion.The report was released by New World Wealth.
- Chandrababu Naidu, the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh, is the richest CM in the country with assets worthRs 177 crore.
- A new ‘Port Performance Index’ has been released by Dun & Bradstreet and it was handed over to Commerce and Industry minister Suresh Prabhu.
- ‘The Road, transport and highways minister Nitin Gadkari released a manual laying down guidelines on when and how to expand or manage different types of roads.
- Union Minister of State for Power and New and Renewable Energy RK Singh said that the government was committed to provide electricity to un-electrified households by 2019.
- The 12th International Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility was held in Bengaluru.
- A two-day International Conference on Unani Medicine organized by the Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM) as a part of Unani Day celebration was held in New Delhi.
- The Indian Navy will now be able to use the facilities at Duqm port in Oman following the signing of a pact between the two countries.
- The 4th meeting of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM) was held in New Delhi.
- The government has made amendments in Small Saving Act, proposing the merger of Government Savings Certificates Act, 1959, Public Provident Fund Act, 1968 with the Government Savings Banks Act, 1873.
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) chaired by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman approved capital acquisition proposals of the defence services, valued at Rs 15,935 crore.
- The Union Cabinet approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding for a Secondment Programme between India and Australia.
- MOU between India and Palestine for setting up of India-Palestine Super-specialty hospital at Beit Sahour in Bethelhem Governorate at a cost of US$ 30 million
- MOU between India and Palestine for construction of India Palestine Centre for Empowring women, “Turathi” at a cost of US$ 5 million
- MOU between India and Palestine for setting up of new National Printing Press at Ramallah at a cost of US$ 5 million
- MOU between India and Palestine Construction of school in Muthalth Al Shuhada Village at a cost of US$ 1 million
- MOU between India and Palestine Construction of school in Tamoon village in Tubas Governorate in Palestine at a cost of US$ 1.1 million
- MOU between India and Palestine Assistance of US$ 0.25 millionfor construction of additional floor to Jawahar Lal Nehru for Boys at Abu Dees
- Saudi Arabia has temporarily banned imports of live birds, hatching eggs and chicks from India after a form of bird flu that is highly lethal for poultry was found in the south Asian country.
- China has confirmed “resumption” of Kailash Mansarovar Yatra through the Nathu La route, Minister of State for External Affairs VK Singh has said.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will deliver the keynote address at the inaugural day of the World Government Summit in Dubai.
- The US has emerged the most congested country in the developed world, accounting for 10 of the top 25 cities worldwide with the worst traffic congestion, according to transportation analytics company INRIX.
- Dubai witnessed 15 percent growth in tourist arrivals from India in 2017, hosting 2.1 million visitors, retaining top spot as the source market.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi held wide-ranging talks with the Sultan of Oman Sultan Qaboos and signed eight agreements.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi officially launched the foundation stone-laying ceremony for the first Hindu temple in in Al Wathba, Abu Dhabi, the capital city of United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- US President Donald Trump unveiled a massive USD 1.5 trillion plan to modernise America’s infrastructure including USD 200 billion in federal funding.
- The UAE’s Road and Transport Authority (RTA) showcased the world’s first driverless pods at the World Government Summit.
- The world’s tallest hotel has been opened in Dubai, UAE.
- India and Russia discussed trade relations in the agricultural sector in a business summit in New Delhi.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi held wide-ranging talks with Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
BANKING & BUSINESS
- Dubai International Airport has held on to its No 1 ranking as the world’s busiest airport for international travel, after seeing some 88.2 million passengers in 2017.
- The Reserve Bank will link the base rate for loans given by banks to the MCLR starting April 1, 2018 i.e. from the new financial year.
- Forbes has released the first ever Cryptocurrency rich list 2018.It is a compilation of the 20 wealthiest people in crypto. There are now nearly 1,500 crypto-assets in existence, valued at an aggregate of $550 billion.
- The Global Innovation Policy Center (GIPC) of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce stated that India ranked 44th of 50 economies. The top 3 countries are: The USA, United Kingdom, Sweden
- IndusInd Bank launched its new Sonic Identity, which is essentially a musical logo, as part of its branding initiatives.
- A chat based job search mobile app ‘Empzilla’, first ever of its kind in the country.It has been launched under “Digital India” initiative.
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) imposed a fine of Rs 136 crore on search engine major Google.
- The Cabinet approved amendments to a law to change the criteria for classifying MSMEs from investment in plant and machinery to annual turnover.
- The country’s largest lender SBI write off bad loans worth Rs 20,339 crore in 2016-17.
- ONGC Videsh Ltd and its partners have acquired a 10 percent in a large offshore oilfield in Abu Dhabi,Abu Dhabi National Oil Co.’s (ADNOC) for USD 600 million.
- The State-owned Bank of Baroda announced that it has decided to exit by March-end its South Africa operations.
- Foreign tourist arrivals (FTAs) witnessed a growth of 8.4% in January 2018 over January 2017, while the number of travellers on e-Tourist Visa saw 58.5% growth in the same period, according to Ministry of Tourism.
- Reserve Bank of India has made banks’ priority sector norms lenient by saying that all loans to micro small and medium enterprises (MSME) will henceforth qualify as priority sector lending. This was a long time demand from banks.The sub-target for bank lending to the micro enterprises has been 7.50 percent.
APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNS
|Name of the person||Appointed for||Replaces|
|Hardayal Prasad||as SBI Card MD & CEO||Vijay Jasuja|
|Indra Nooyi||Becomes ICC’s 1st Independent Female Director||——-|
|Biswamohan Mahapatra||as non-executive chairman of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)||Dilip Asbe|
|Pradeep Kumar Rawat||next Ambassador of India to Timor-Leste||——-|
|Eminent Kannada writer and Jnanpith winner Chandrashekhara Kambara||as the president of Kendra Sahitya Akademi|
AWARDS & HONORS
- Prime Minister Narendra Modiis being conferred with the Grand Collar of the State of Palestine, which is the highest Palestinian honour for a foreign dignitary.
BOOKS AND AUTHOR
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh launched the book “Mere Sapno Ka Bharat”.
- The former Team India captain Sourav Ganguly will unveil a book named “A Century is not enough”.
- India’s veteran pacer Jhulan Goswami became the first female cricketer to take 200 ODI wickets.
- The 23rd Olympic Winter Games officially kicked off with a colourful ceremony at Pyeongchang stadium in South Korea.
- Haryana topped the overall medal tally after claiming 38 gold medals in the inaugural edition of the Khelo India School Games that concluded in New Delhi.
- India won two silver and one bronze medal at the ITTF Oman World Junior & Cadet Open Table Tennis Tournament at Muscat.Swastika Ghosh teamed up with compatriot Varuni Jaiswal clinched the silver in sub junior girls team after beating Syria.
- Sweden’s Charlotte Kalla claimed the first gold on the opening day of the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics.
- Pune-based swimmer, Rohan More became the first Asian as well as the first Indian to swim across the Ocean Seven.
- Karnataka’s Kishan Gangolli won the National ‘A’ Chess Championship for Blind for the fifth consecutive time.
- Actor John Mahoney passed away in Chicago, the USA.
- The doyen of Odia literature Chandrasekhar Rath passed away in Bhubaneswar.
- Pakistan’s well known human rights lawyer and social activist Asma Jahangir.
- Johann Johannsson, an award-winning composer and producer passed away.
HISTORIC EVENT OF THE DAY
|12||National Productivity Council||Industry 4.0 Leapfrog Opportunity for India|
|14||World Radio Day||Diversity in Sports Coverage, Gender Equality in Sports Coverage and Peace and Development through Sports Coverage.|
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of January from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of December from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of November from the links given below and you can download the same too.