CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS: February 22– February 28
CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS: February 22– February 28
Dear Bankers daily Aspirant,
The SBI Clerk exam is coming in the forthcoming days. Are you prepared for the General Awareness section and the Banking Awareness which is the scoring part for many aspirants ? If not you should definitely read this one liners if you need a quick & Short content for your preparations henceforth we provide the One Liners for the 4th Week of February, 2018.
We are providing the aspirants with the curated list of Recent happenings in the 4th week of February and so this could be vital for your preparations for the General Awareness and Static Awareness and also for the Banking Awareness section in the forthcoming exams.
Check the Weekly One Liners from February 22–February 28 and you could also download the Weekly Current Affairs One Liners as PDF from the link below. There are chances that the recent events from the current affairs can be asked in the forthcoming exam like , SBI Clerk which happens in the forthcoming days.
You can download the Weekly One Liners of February 22–February 28 from the link given below and you can read the one liners also which is provided below.
- The Gandhi Nagar railway stationin Jaipur, became the country’s first major railway station to be fully-managed by women.
- In its New Health Policy, the Kerala governmenthas proposed to make vaccination cards mandatory for children seeking admission in first standard.
- Union Minister of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Sushri Uma Bharti,launched the Bagori Ganga Gram project, New Swajal Project (drinking water programme) at Bagori and Gangotri Iconic PlaceatDunda village in Uttarkashi district of
- The Centre has announced a special package of 925 crore rupeesfor strengthening the power transmission and distribution system in Arunachal Pradesh.
- India’s indigenous light transport aircraftSaras was successfully test flown for a second time in Bangalore, Union Science and Technology minister Harsh Vardhan
- eNAM-an online agriculture market offering the best prices to the farmers has 6 million farmers registered and 470 agriculture markets connected with six new features.
- Uttar Pradesh(UP) has become the first state in India where business and investment projects can now be cleared digitally, without any human interface. This has become possible with launch of ‘Nivesh Mitra’, a digital platform which will serve as a single-window clearance system.
- The Haryana governmentlaunched “Parivartan”, a scheme designed to address 10 issues, including cleanliness and pollution, in 46 developmental blocks of the state.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modiannounced a Rs 20,000-crore for defence industrial corridor in Bundelkhand for development of one of the most backward regions of Uttar Pradesh.
- The Odisha governmentapproved a Long-Term Linkage (LTL) policy for bauxite, similar to the one it framed for iron ore. It would help Vedanta’s Lanjigarh alumina refinery to source bauxite from government-owned Odisha Mining Corporation (OMC).
- The Telangana Government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Taoyuan City of Taiwan for better technology partnership in the state.
- A memorandum of understanding (MoU) between India and Canada’s IDRC to usher the ‘Programme Based Research Support’ in addressing current and future global and local developmental challenges was signed.
- Indiahas contributed USD one million for the rehabilitation efforts in Tonga after the Tropical Cyclone Gitacaused massive destruction in the Pacific island nation.
- Indiawill host the first International Solar Alliance (ISA) summit on 11th March, which will be attended by French President Emmanuel Macron and United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres.
- India successfully test-fired the nuclear-capable ‘Dhanush‘ ballistic missilewith a strike range of 350 km from a naval ship off Odisha coast.
- The third Partnership Summitof the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) will begin, with over 2,000 delegates attending the meet.
- The Assam government will be observing September 22 as ‘Rhino Day’to generate public awareness on protection of the one-horned pachyderm, Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modiinaugurated various developmental projects in Daman in Union territory of Daman and Diu.
- The 44th editionof Khajuraho Dance Festival 2018 was held at Khajuraho temple, a UNESCO world heritage site in Madhya Pradesh.
- Government of India in association with Government of Telangana is organizing the 21stNational Conference on e-Governanceon February 26- 27, 2018 in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- DRDOsuccessfully flew its Rustom 2 at its Aeronautical Test Range(ATR) at Chalakere at Chitradurga.
- Government of India led the Indian delegation to the 20th Conference of the Commonwealth Education Ministers (20CCEM)held in Nadi, Fiji during 19-23 February 2018.Theme of the Conference was “Sustainability and Resilience: Can Education Deliver?”
- Amritsar,the city of Golden Temple will get Rs 100 crores for the execution of various development works.
- Andhra Pradeshinked MoU with US-based AutoGrid to help transform electricity sector of the state. With this Andhra Pradesh will adopt smart grid and Internet of Things (IoT) based solutions of AutoGrid to improve energy utilities’ financial health and customer experiences.
- UIDAI or the Unique Identification Authority of India, introduced a ‘Baal Aadhaar’ This blue-coloured cardwill be given to children below the age of five years.
- The Sustainable Biofuelis one of the Seven Mission Innovation Challenges and India Co-leads this along with other countries Brazil, Canada and Sustainable Biofuel development is a key challenge as well as an opportunity for Governments, researchers, investors and industry to work together.
- The government of Tamil Naduannounced signing an agreement with IT Major Microsoft to improve the integration of technology in teaching and learning in the state.
- The government-run Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL)signed MoUs with Andhra Pradesh government to invest Rs 3,730 crore in the state.
- Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Raohas announced five lakh rupees health-cum-life insurance scheme for farmers in the state.
- The 15th edition of BioAsia, the annual flagship event of the Government of Telangana, was held The theme of BioAsia2018 was “Right Time, Right Now”
- The Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)will get the largest chunk of loans on offer under Revitalising Infrastructure and Systems in Education (RISE).
- Union Rural Development Ministryhas sanctioned more than 700 crore for 43 roads and 15 bridges under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) for Arunachal Pradesh.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Smriti Iranireleased India 2018 and Bharat 2018.
- Flying officer Avani Chaturvedihas scripted history by becoming the first Indian woman to fly aMiG-21 bison fighter aircraft solo
- The United Statesand Thailand will kick off the 2018 iteration of the annual Cobra Gold exercises – an engagement that began as a bilateral drill between the two allies and has now grown into Asia’s largest multinational drill in Chonburi province, Thailand.
- A three –day India International Textiles Expo(IITExpo) of India began in Sri Lankan capital of
- Business leaders of SAARCmember nations will gather in Kathmandu next month to take part in the SAARC Business Leaders’ Conclave scheduled to be held from March 16 to 18, with an objective to promote investment, innovation and entrepreneurship in the region.
- Indiahas imposed anti-dumping duty on import of ceramic tableware and kitchenware from China in a bid to protect domestic producers.
- Maple Assist Inc. has launched the Maple Assist App, a groundbreaking mobile application designed to be a one-stop shopfor all you need to know about studying in Canada.
- India congratulated Chinaon its election as vice-president of the global money laundering watchdog, the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), a development that comes on the back of news reports and speculation that a deal on giving China a larger role in the FATF had been reached.
- 2nd India-Korea Business Summit in New Delhi. The themeof the Summit this year is “India-Korea: Scaling up the Special Strategic Relationship through Trade and Investments”.
- Kabul Process Conference, which is aimed at discussing security and political issues in Afghanistan, held.
BANKING & BUSINESS
- Google’snew unified payments service “Google Pay”, which combines Google Wallet and Android Pay is finally rolling out with a new app for Android devices.
- The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation, EPFO has declared 55 per centinterest rate for 2017-18 for its about 5 crore members. This was decided during the meeting of Central Board of Trustees of EPFO in New Delhi.
- The government of Andhra Pradeshwill collaborate with Facebook (India) in a bid to take up innovative pilot projects in the state.
- India 7th Most Targeted Nation for Web Application Attacks, Finds Akamai’s State of Internet Security Report
- The Union Government has issued order setting up the ‘Niti Forum for North-East’to identify constraints and recommend suitable interventions for speedy and sustainable growth in NER.
- A report released by Transparency International(TI) has placed India on the 81st spot on the Global Corruption Perception (GCP) Index 2018, in terms of graft and press freedom in the Asia-Pacific region. India was ranked 79th on the Global Corruption Perception Index in 2017.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI has issued show-cause noticesto the auditors of Punjab National Bank and Gitanjali Gems in connection with the 11,400 crore rupees fraud.
- The 11,500-crorefraud at the Punjab National Bank has prompted the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to set up a committee under former board member Y.H. Malegam to look into the reasons and suggest steps to prevent such occurrences.
- The Government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a $84 million loan for improvement and expansion of water supply in Bhagalpur and Gaya towns in Bihar.
- The Reserve Bank of Indiahas launched Ombudsman Scheme for non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) for redressal of complaints against them.
- The first sale of Electoral Bondswill commence from the 1st of next month for a period of ten days.
- Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank Ltd (ABIPBL)started operations, making it the fifth payments bank to roll out operations after the central bank gave its in-principle approval to 11 applicants in August 2015.
- Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO)has introduced UAN-Aadhaar linking facility for the convenience of members using EPFO Link in UMANG Mobile App.
- The Reserve Bankraised the exposure limit under exchange traded currency derivatives (ETCD) trading for residents and foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) to USD 100 million across all currency pairs involving the Indian rupee.
- Indiais ranked 47th out of 86 countries when it comes to inclusive Internet and connectivity for all, a Facebook report. Sweden took the first place, followed by Singapore and the US.
- Technology giant Googleannounced a deeper integration with State Bank of India (SBI) for its mobile payments app, Tez.
- IndusInd Bankannounced its partnership with Ripple, the enterprise blockchain solution for Global Payments, to facilitate payments into and out of India.
APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNS
|Name of the person||Appointed for the post||Replaces||Resigns|
|Michael McCormack||Australia’s new deputy prime minister
|Nhlanhla Nene||as finance minister of South African||——||——|
|Samina Baig||the first Pakistani woman appointed UNDP goodwill ambassador||—–||——|
|Debashish Mukherjee||appointed executive directors of Canara Bank||—–||——|
|Murali Ramaswami||appointed executive directors of Vijaya Bank||—–||——|
- Norway’s MaritBjoergen (14 Olympic medals) became the most successful athletein Winter Olympics history as she took bronze in Pyeongchang, South Korea in cross country skiing’s women’s team sprint free.
- Australia clinched the T20 tri-seriesagainst New Zealand after cruising to a 19-run victory in the rain-affected final at Auckland.
- Virat Kohli became only the second batsmanafter AB de Villiers to cross the 900-point mark simultaneously in both Tests and ODIs and the fifth overall, in the latest rankings for the 50-over format announced by the
- Indian “A” team won gold at the 5th Commonwealth Nations Bridge Championshipheld in Gold Coast, Australia, between 14 and 18 February 2018. The Indian “A” team was headed by Kiran Nadar.
- Canadabecame the latest to embrace franchise-based T20 cricket with the formation of the Global T20 Canada.
- Ester Ledeckabecame the first woman to claim gold medals in two sports at a Winter Olympics with a win in the snowboarding parallel giant slalom.
- Aruna Budda Reddyhas created history by becoming the first Indian to win an individual medal at the Gymnastics World Cup. She clinched a Bronze in the Women’s Vault event in Melbourne.
- Indian pugilists Vikas Krishanand Amit Panghal bagged Gold medals, while MC Mary Kom, Seema Poonia and Gaurav Solanki settled for Silver on the final day of the 69th Strandja Memorial Boxing tournament at Sofia in Bulgaria.
- Skipper Virat Kohliwas presented with the prestigious ICC Test Championship mace as India retained the top spotin the ICC Test team rankings.
- Reigning Asian Champion Gopi Thonakalretained his title at the IDBI Federal Life Insurance New Delhi Marathonin New Delhi. In the women’s event also, Monika Athare retained her title.
- Romanian tennis ace Simona Halephas returned to world number one in women rankings.She replaced Australian Open champion Caroline Wozniacki, who held the top spot for four consecutive weeks.
- Roger Federerhas won the 2017 Laureus World Sportsman of the Year and Comeback of the Year awards.The 36-year old Swiss star bagged the honour last night at the 18th edition of the awards ceremony in Monaco.
- PyeongChang Winter Olympics 2018, officially known as the XXIII Olympic Winter Games were held in Pyeongchang, South Korea.The motto of Winter Olympics 2018 was “Connected”.
- Indian Greco Roman Style Wrestler Rajender Kumarwon Bronze Medal in 55 kg weight category in 2018 Senior Asian Wrestling Championship being held at Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
- Noted violinist S. Anantharaman, an exponent of Parur style of violin playing, died. He was 94 years old.
- Senior journalistand editor-in-chief of National Herald, Neelabh Mishra, passed away at a Chennai Hospital.
- Bollywood actor Sridevipassed away after a cardiac arrest, confirmed her brother-in-law Sanjay Kapoor. She was 54.
- Former Cabinet secretaryTSR Subramanian has passed away. He was 79. Mr Subramanian was the Cabinet Secretary from August 1996, to March 1998.
- Kanchi Shankaracharya Jayendra Saraswathi, the 69th pontiff of the Kanchi Mutt, passed away in Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu.
- Noted Odiaauthor Kanakalata Mohanty died in a private hospital. She was 82.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid tribute to former Prime Minister Morarji Desai on his birth anniversary.
HISTORIC EVENT OF THE DAY
|22||World Thinking Day||——|
|24||World Sustainable Energy Days (WSED)||——|
|28||National Science Day||Science and Technology for a sustainable future|
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of February from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of January from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of December from the links given below and you can download the same too.