CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS : JANUARY 16 – JANUARY 23
CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS : JANUARY 16 – JANUARY 23
Dear Bankers daily Aspirant,
The SYNDICATE bank, CANARA bank, SBI Clerk and various exams are coming in the forthcoming days. Are you prepared for the General Awareness section and the Banking Awareness which is the scoring part for many aspirants ? If not you should definitely read this one liners if you need a quick & Short content for your preparations henceforth we provide the One Liners for the 3rd Week of January, 2018.
We are providing the aspirants with the curated list of Recent happenings in the 3rd week of January and so this could be vital for your preparations for the General Awareness and Static Awareness and also for the Banking Awareness section in the forthcoming exams.
Check the Weekly One Liners from January 16 – January 23 and you could also download the Weekly Current Affairs One Liners as PDF from the link below. There are chances that the recent events from the current affairs can be asked in the forthcoming exams like SYNDICATE bank, CANARA bank, SBI Clerk which happens in the forthcoming days.
You can download the Weekly One Liners of January 16 – January 23 from the link given below and you can read the one liners also which is provided below.
You can join in our Telegram Channel the invite given below and you can share this with your friends and other aspirants who are preparing for their exams like you.
Caution: You should have Telegram app installed in your mobile to join the group.If you don’t have telegram app in your mobile. First install the app and click the link given below….
- Centre and Jammu and KashmirGovernment have resolved to use education as a tool to bring normalcy to the state. The Central and State Governments signed a Memorandum of Understanding at the 65th Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) meeting in New Delhi.
- The union sports ministry’s ambitious programme, ‘Khelo India’, an initiative to scout for talent at the grassroots and provide it substantial long-term scholarshipwill be launched on January 31.
- The Punjab government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Oil Corporation to set up bio-gas and bio-CNG plants in the state.
- West Bengalhas the highest number of MSMEs in the country with 52,69,814 units.Uttar Pradesh ranked second after West Bengal, followed by Maharashtra. Gujarat stood eighth with 4.89 percent of the MSME share.
- The Centre has sanctioned projects over10,000 crore rupees in the North East for better network connectivity.
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas has been launched ‘Saksham 2018’. It is a vigorous and high intensity one-month mega campaign ofPetroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA).
- Odisha govt. has launched Mukhyamantri Kalakar Sahayata Yojana (MMKSY)for artists. Under this yojana artists will receive a financial assistance of 1200 per month.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu inaugurated the third edition of the geo-political conference, ‘Raisina Dialogue’, in New Delhi.
- India test fired Intercontinental 5000-km range surface to surface nuclear capable ballistic missile Agni-V.
- The Punjab government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Oil Corporationto set up bio-gas and bio-CNG plants in the state.
- The second day of the65th Meeting of the Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) was held in New Delhi.
- Bangladesh, India and Nepalhave given nod to operating procedures for movement of passenger vehicles in the sub-region under Bangladesh-Bhutan-India-Nepal (BBIN) motor vehicles agreement.
- The 15th edition of BioAsia,the annual flagship event of the Government of Telangana, will start in
- Maharashtrahas come out with a public cloud policy virtually mandating its departments to shift their data storage onto the cloud.
- A Memorandum of Understanding was signed withConfederation of Indian Industry (CII) in the presence of Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu.
- Urban Development Minister Hardeep Singh Puri announced the name of ninemore smart cities. Silvassa in Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli has topped the list of winning cities.
- Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA)has crossed one crore mark in antenatal check-ups. More than one crore antenatal check-ups have been conducted under the ambitious Pradhan.
- The Maharashtra government has approved a Rs 4,000-crore projectaimed at promoting climate-resilient agriculture.
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), announced the Cyber Surakshit Bharat initiative.It was launched in association withNational e-Governance Division (NeGD) and industry partners.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh has launchedBharat Ke Veer anthem and also a short film on India’s bravehearts.
- The fourth edition of the India International Science Festivalwill be held in
- The Maharashtra governmenthas launched `Balasaheb Thackeray Shaheed Sanmaan’
- Uttarakhandplanned to use ultrasound that will to detect pregnancy before administering reproduction control method on them.
- Ramayana Festival, marking 25 yearsof the Indo-ASEAN ties began in New Delhi.
- The Post Office Passport Seva Kendra (POPSK) at Karaikal in the Union Territory (UT) of Puducherry was inaugurated by Sushma Swaraj, Hon’ble Minister for External Affairsat a function presided over by Shri V. Narayanaswamy, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Puducherry.
- The government of Telanganaand Clean Authority of Tokyohave signed a MoU in the field of municipalsolid waste incineration facilities.
- The state government launched Odisha e-Hospital Management Information System (OeHMIS) to provide a computerized platformfor online recording of clinical parameters of patients and reporting of performance criteria of hospitals.
- In Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khanduinaugurated the World War II Memorial Museumat Changlang District inJairampur.
- The Raipur Municipal Corporation in Chhattisgarh organised the three-day Kachra Mahotsav 2018, India’s first Garbage Festival.
- India, Israel ink nine pacts on cyber security, other sectors, namely Cyber Security Cooperation, Oil and Gas, Air Transport Agreement, Agreement on Film-co-production, Homeopathic Medicine etc.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modiand his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu launched the maiden call for joint R&D projects under the ‘India-Israel Industrial R&D and Technological Innovation Fund (I4F)’ during the India-Israel Business Summit in New Delhi.
- Indiahas contributed $50,000 to UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres’s Office of Envoy on Youth to help with its mission of involving young people in the world body`s goals.PaulomiTripathi, a First Secretary in India`s UN Mission, handed over the contribution to the Youth Envoy, JayathmaWickramanayake.
- Indiaand Sri Lanka signed four agreements for collaboration in ICT sector, setting up of e-office system and connecting of National Knowledge network (NKN) for collaboration among universities and academics.
- The bridge in Akoka village in the northern part of the land-locked country in East-Central Africa had been inoperable since last June when heavy rains washed away a 300-metre-long road segment.
- The Adani Group would invest 750 croreto double the capacity of the company’s edible oil refinery at Haldia in West Bengal.
- Reliance Industries Ltd. chairman and managing directorMukesh Ambani announced a investment of ₹5,000 crore, in addition to the group’s investments about ₹15,000 crore made in the State.
- India and Sri Lankasigned four agreements for collaboration in ICT sector, setting up of e-office system and connecting of National Knowledge network (NKN) for collaboration among universities and academics.
- ‘Vajra Prahar’will be held at Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) in Seattle.
- India for the first time took part in a meeting of the international military cooperation departments of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation in China.
- The world’s largest air purifier is built in Xian in Shaanxi province of northern China.
- The 10th Global Forum for Food & Agriculturebegins in Berlin, Germany.
- The International Solar Alliance Forumwas held at World Future Energy Summit, Abu Dhabi.
- In Turkey, state of emergencyhas been extended for another six months.
- India has joined the Australia Group export control regimeand has become the 43rd Member of that Group.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will leave for Davos, Switzerland to attend the 48th annual meeting of the World Economic Forum.
- Valletta, the capital of Malta, was officially named European Capital of Culture 2018. Valletta will share the title with Leeuwarden, a city in the Netherlands.
- The government’s decisionto ban the import of vehicles which are not equipped with air bags and seat belts and below the emission levels or its equivalent as prescribed by Euro IV, has been postponed to July 1.
- The Trump administrationplans to open the US embassy in Jerusalem by the end of 2019.
BANKING & BUSINESS
- The Country’s exports grew by 36 per centin December, 2017 to 27.03 billion US dollars on account of strong performance by sectors like engineering goods and petroleum products.
- Tata Consultancy Services has signed a $690-million (Rs 4,400-crore), 10-year deal with M&G Prudential,the UK and European savings and investments business unit of Prudential.
- Invoice Marthas tied up with state-run lender Bank of Baroda to discount invoices for MSMEs.
- The Gurgaon-based Amplus Energy Solutionshas signed an MoU with India’s leading bank Yes Bank for a strategic tie-up to co-finance projects in the solar energy sector in India.
- Shares of Housing Development Finance Corp. Ltd (HDFC) crossed Rs 5 trillion market capitalisation.
- Banking finance company AU Small Finance Bank has signed an MoU with LIC to offer Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY).
- Mauritius was thelargest source of FDI in India, followed by the US and the UK in 2016-17.
- The messaging platform WhatsApphas unveiled a new ‘WhatsApp Business’ app, aimed at small and medium enterprises.
- India will overtake China to be the fastest growing large economy in 2018and the country’s equity market will become the fifth largest in the world.
- The annual list of the World’s Most Admired Companies for 2018is released by
- The top banks of the country including State Bank of India (SBI), HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank and YES Bankhave suspended some accounts of major Bitcoin exchanges in India on suspicious transactions.
- Digital payments platform Paytm has unveiled an application called ‘Paytm for Business’ to enable small and medium businesses to accept digital payments.
- India was ranked at the 62nd place among emerging economies on an Inclusive Development Index, much below China’s 26th position and Pakistan’s 47th.
- India is projected to grow at 4% of its gross domestic product (GDP) in 2018 as against China’s 6.8%, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), making it the fastest growing economy among emerging economies following last year’s slowdown due to demonetisation and the implementation of goods and services tax (GST).
- The revenue department said the last date for GSTR-3B return filing for December has been extended by two days to January 22.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
|Name of the Person||Appointed for the post of||Preceded by||Resigned|
|Romania’s Prime Minister Mihai Tudose||———-||———–||Resigned|
|Vijay Kumar||as Managing Director and CEO NCDEX.||Samir Shah||—–|
|S Selvakumar||Appointed CMD Of SPMCIL||Anurag Agarwal||—–|
|Anandiben Patel||new Governor of Madhya Pradesh||O P Kohli||—–|
|Om Prakash Rawat||has been appointed as the next Chief Election Commissioner||Achal Kumar Joti||—–|
|IPS officer Sudeep Lakhtakia||new director general of National Security Guard (NSG)||SP Singh||—–|
|Dilip Chenoy||as Director General of FICCI||——||—–|
|Shri Srikumar Menon||appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Angola||——||—–|
AWARDS AND HONOURS
|Name of the person||Name of the award||Held at|
|Actor Sudhir Dalvi||honoured with the Janakavi P Sawlaram award||Thane|
|Former president Pranab Mukherjee||honored with the Doctor of Literature (D.Litt.) degree by The Chittagong University in Bangladesh||—–|
|Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari||won the Best Director award for ‘Bareilly Ki Barfi’||The 63rd Jio Filmfare Awards 2018, was held at the NSCI Dome in Worli, Mumbai.|
|‘Hindi Medium’ Film||bagged the Best Film Award||The 63rd Jio Filmfare Awards 2018, was held at the NSCI Dome in Worli, Mumbai.|
|Irrfan Khan||Best Actor (Male) award for ‘Hindi Medium’ Film.||The 63rd Jio Filmfare Awards 2018, was held at the NSCI Dome in Worli, Mumbai.|
|Vidya Balan||bagged Best Actor Award(Female) for ‘Tumhari Sulu’.||The 63rd Jio Filmfare Awards 2018, was held at the NSCI Dome in Worli, Mumbai.|
|Andhra Pradesh Minister Nara Lokesh||gets Dr. Kalam Innovation in Governance Award||—–|
|Shah Rukh Khan||receives Crystal Award||in Davos|
- President Ram Nath Kovind will confer the Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowships and Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards for 2016to an eminent group of musicians, dancers, and theatre artists.
- Lt Governor Anil Baijalfelicitated children who have been conferred the National Bravery Award 2017 at a function held at the Raj Niwas.
|Coveted Bharat Award||Nazia of Uttar Pradesh|
|Prestigious Geeta Chopra Award||Late Netravati M Chavan of Karnataka|
|Sanjay Chopra Award||Master Karanbeer Singh of Punjab|
|Bapu Gaidhani Award||Master Betshwajohn Peinlang of Meghalaya|
|Bapu Gaidhani Award||Mamata Dalai of Odisha|
|Bapu Gaidhani Award||Master Sebastian Vincent of Kerala|
BOOKS & AUTHORS
- Sanjay Manjrekar launched his autobiography‘Imperfect’, in the event held in Mumbai. The book was published by Harper Collins, a global publishing company.
- President Ram Nath Kovindunveiled a book on heartfulness techniques and principles titled ‘The Heartfulness Way’.
- Indian boxers have claimed 11 gold medals and both the team championship trophies in the Nation’s Cup tournament for junior and youth women in Sombor, Serbia.
- Hyderabad Huntersovercame a fighting Bengaluru Blasters in a thrilling summit clash to claim their maiden title at the third Premier Badminton League (PBL)at the Gachibowli Indoor Stadium, Hyderabad.
- Hosts Assam Hockey rallied back in the first half to beat Hockey Rajasthan in the final of the 8th Hockey India Sub Junior Men National Championship 2018 (B Division), at the Hojai Hockey stadium, Assam.
- Brazilian World Cup winner Ronaldinhohas formally confirmed his retirement from football.
- The Indian captain was named the Cricketer of the Year and also Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for his performances during the ICC cutoff year of September 2016 to October 2017.
- India jumped three places to get 102nd rank in the first FIFA rankingsof the year.
- Indian players, Manav Thakkarclimbed to World Number 2 in the boys’ under-18 category while Diya Chitalerose to Number 5 in the girls’ under-15 category in the International Table Tennis Federation rankings.
- Indiahave clinched the 5th World Cup for the Blind 2018 and Sunil Ramesh was declared as the man of the match.
- Young Indian shuttler Siddharth Pratap Singhsecured his maiden international title, bagging the Swedish Open Junior International Series with a straight-game victory over Denmark’s Mads Christophersen in the finals in Uppsala in Sweden.
- Senior Rashtriya Janata Dal leader Raghunath Jha passed away.He belongs to bettiah, Bihar.
- American Basketballplayer Jo Jo white has passed away.
- Veteran Kannada actor Kashinath passed away. Kashinath hails from Kundapura in Udupi district.
- The FamousCartoonist Chandi Lahiri has passed away.He belongs to West Bengal.
- Major FKK Sircar(Retd.), the longest living army veteran, at 101 years of age proceeded to his heavenly abode and breathed his last.
HISTORIC EVENT OF THE DAY
|19||National Disaster Response Force, NDRF is celebrating its 13th Raising Day||——|
|23||Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose(121st birth Anniversary)||——|
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of January from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of December from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of November from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the Current Affairs and the Daily Current Affairs Quiz from the links given below and you can check us daily to get more updates.