CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS : JANUARY 24– JANUARY 31
CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS : JANUARY 24– JANUARY 31
Dear Bankers daily Aspirant,
The SYNDICATE bank, CANARA bank, SBI Clerk and various exams are coming in the forthcoming days. Are you prepared for the General Awareness section and the Banking Awareness which is the scoring part for many aspirants ? If not you should definitely read this one liners if you need a quick & Short content for your preparations henceforth we provide the One Liners for the 4th Week of January, 2018.
We are providing the aspirants with the curated list of Recent happenings in the 4th week of January and so this could be vital for your preparations for the General Awareness and Static Awareness and also for the Banking Awareness section in the forthcoming exams.
Check the Weekly One Liners from January 24 – January 31 and you could also download the Weekly Current Affairs One Liners as PDF from the link below. There are chances that the recent events from the current affairs can be asked in the forthcoming exams like SYNDICATE bank, CANARA bank, SBI Clerk which happens in the forthcoming days.
You can download the Weekly One Liners of January 24 – January 31 from the link given below and you can read the one liners also which is provided below.
- India-ASEAN businessand investment conference held in New Delhi ahead of the landmark commemorative summit.
- The 7th Asia Steel International Conference will be held in Bhubaneswar from February 6 to 9.Tata Steel, in association with the Indian Institute of Metals, announced it. The last Asia Steel conference was held in 2015 at Yokohama, Japan.
- The 16th International Energy Forum (IEF) Ministerial meeting will be held in New Delhi in April 2018.
- Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development, Shri Rakesh Srivastavalaunched the Management Information System (MIS) portal for Anganwadi Services Training Programme in New Delhi.
- India’s first ever International Dam Safety Conference kicked offin Tiruvanantapuram inaugurated by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
- The Minister of State (IC), for AYUSH, Shri Shripad Yesso Naiklaid the foundation stone for Central Research Institute (CRI) in Jaipur.
- The Secretary of Ministry of Women and Child Development Shri Rakesh Srivastava launched the Phase -1e. the beneficiary module of the Rapid Reporting Systemfor the Scheme for Adolescent Girls.
- The GOI announced thePrime Minister’s Shram Awards for the yearIt will be awarded to the 50 workers.The award was given by Ministry of Labour and Employment every year.
- The government has announced four new schemes to promote young scientists and researchers in the country.
- The External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj inaugurated the Bharat-ASEAN Maitri Parkin the national capital, a day ahead of the ASEAN-India Commemorative Summit.
- An MoU was signed between National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation (NHIDCL) under the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, and Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS)Ltd.
- The annual Jaipur Literature Festival (JLF)began in Rajasthan.
- The labour ministrywill begin a drive in April to register over 47 crore unorganised sector workers and provide them with Unorganised Worker Index Number or UWIN Card.
- The Country celebrates its 69th Republic Day on 26th January in Rajpath, New Delhi.
- Punjab chief minister launched the release of benefits under ‘Mahatma Gandhi Sarbat Vikas Yojana’.
- Kolkatabecame the first metro city to have a floating market.
- The project has been established in collaboration with a Japanese company, New Energy Industrial Technologyand Development Organisation (NEDO).
- Himachal Pradesh Chief MinisterJai Ram Thakur launched ‘Shakthi’ app. The app has been launched for a quick police response cases of crimes against women.
- The 21st edition of India International Seafood Show beginsin Goa. Theme: Safe and Sustainable Seafood from India
- Trade ministers from various countries including Australia, Japan, and Switzerland met for an informal WTO ministerial gathering in Davos, Switzerland.
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavissaid the government had approved a plan of 750 crore rupees for a law university at Nagpur.
- The Chairman of Railway Board, Ashwani Lohani, launched ‘Rail Yatri Guide’kiosk at New Delhi railway station.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Smriti Irani attended a leadership conclave organised by the Art of Living in New Delhi.
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has congratulated the team behind the state’s tableau which won the first prize at the Republic Day parade in New Delhi.
- A three-day international bird festivalwill be held at the Dudhwa National Park, Uttar Pradesh.
- The Uttar Pradesh government will set up around 6,000 solar power plants to meet its clean energy in the next five years.
- The first ever ‘Khadi Haat’ was launched by Village Industries Commission (KVIC) and New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC).
- The Airports Authority of India has allocated nearly 3,400 crore rupeesfor the upgradation of airports in the North East region.
- The armies of India and Vietnam began a six day-long military exercise, ‘VINBAX’.
- The Economic Survey for 2017-18was tabled in Parliament by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
- The Indian Navy has launched the third Scorpene class submarine Karanj in Mumbai.
- The Indian Parliamentary Group headed byLok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan has announced five Outstanding Parliamentarian Awards.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches the first Khelo India School Gamesat the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium, New Delhi.
- Assam Governor Prof Jagdish Mukhi has released a postage stamp on formerIndia football captain Dr Talimeren Ao on his birth centenary year.
- The Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeITY)has launched “Stree Swabhiman”
- TheAsia’s largest drip irrigation project involving 2,150 kilometres of pipeline will be started at Ramthal Marola area of Bagalkot district in Karnataka.
- Multilateral lending agency World Bank and Indiainked $ 120 million loan agreement which will help increase access to improved water supply services in peri-urban areas in Uttarakhand.
- The Andhra Pradesh Governmentand the Canton of Zurich signed a letter of intent, to promote mutual prosperity and development.
- The third edition of international spice conference will be held in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- In the India-ASEAN summit, Prime Minister Narendra Modi held bilateral talks with hiscounterpart from Thailand Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha on strengthening cooperation in strategic areas of trade, defence and security.
- National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC)signed an MoU with SME Corporation Malaysia for exchange of information and cooperation.
- India and Vietnam released first ever set of commemorative postage stamps.
- India’s offering to host the meeting was made after trade ministers from various countries including Australia, Japan and Switzerland met in Davos.
- In a aim to safeguard the world from hackers and growing data breaches, the World Economic Forum (WEF) announced a new Global Centre for Cybersecurity.
- For the first time, rotavac vaccine, entirely developed in India has been “pre-qualified” by the World Health Organisation.
- India and Cambodia signed four agreements and the documents were exchanged in presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and visiting Cambodian PM Hun Sen following delegation-level talks between the two countries.
- Qatar and Oman have signed an agreement aimed at enhancing trade and economic ties.
BANKING & BUSINESS
- Indiahas emerged as the fifth most attractive market for investments and the optimism over global economic growth is at a record level, a survey of CEOs by global consultancy PwC.
- NIIF has partnered with DP Worldto create an investment platform for ports, terminals, transportation and logistics businesses in India.
- Indian Overseas Bankhas signed an MoU with National Housing Bank for the Rural Housing Interest Subsidy Scheme (RHISS) of the Ministry of Rural Development.
- The government will infuseRs 88,139 crore into 20 public sector banks through recapitalisation bonds and budgetary support in this financial year.
- India has moved up on a global index of talent competitivenessto the 81st position. Switzerland continues to top the list and it is followed by Singapore and the US.
- The Coconut Development Board under Technology Mission on Coconut has approved 23 projectswith an outlay of 22.69 crore and financial assistance of Rs. 4.75 crore with annual processing capacity of 521 lakh coconuts and 4200 tonnes production of coconut shell charcoal.
- India ranks 177th position among 180 countries in the Environmental Performance Index 2018.
- Vodafone Indiahas partnered with e-commerce marketplace Flipkart to provide a range of entry-level 4G smartphones.
- According to the International Monetary Fund (IMF)India is projected to grow at 4 percent in 2018 and China at 6.8 percent. It makes India as the fastest growing country among the emerging economies.
- The total revenue collection under GST for December 2017(received up to January 24) was ₹86,703 crore.
- Kishore Biyani’s Future Supply Chain Solutionshas fully acquired Snapdeal’s logistics service provider Vulcan Express Pvt Ltd.
- Padma Vibhushan:
Ilayaraja: Art (Music), Tamil Nadu
Ghulam Mustafa Khan: Art (Music), Uttar Pradesh
Parameswaran Parameswaran: Literature & Education, Kerala
- The social security scheme, the Atal Pension Yojana (APY) will now also be available at small finance and payments banks.
- India has ranked secondafter South Africa as the cheapest country to live or retire, according to a recent survey of 112 countries.
- India will become the fastest growing large economy in the world, eclipsing China, in 2018 and the country’s equity market will jump to become the fifth largest in the world.
- The Hindi Word of the Yearfor 2017 is ‘AADHAAR‘. This was announced by Oxford Dictionaries at the Jaipur Literature Festival. ‘Aadhaar’ also becomes the first Oxford Dictionaries Hindi Word of the Year.
- The London Stock Exchange, welcomed the issuance of Export-Import (EXIM) Bankof India’s USD one billion bond which will be admitted to its International Securities Market (ISM).
- Mobile payments company Paytmand Alibaba Group-owned AGTech Holdings Ltd have formed a joint venture to launch
- The cab hailing application Olaannounced plans to enter Australia and has begun on boarding private hire vehicles and driver partners in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.
- The Rating agency CRISIL has revised its outlook on 18 public sector banks(PSBs) from “negative” to “stable” after the government announced bank-wise capital infusion and reform plans.
- Lulu Group and BRS Venturesfrom the United Arab Emirates have come forward to invest Rs 3,500 crore in Telangana state.
- Indiahas been ranked sixth in the list of wealthiest countries with total wealth of USD 8,230 billion.
- Asian Development Bankand the Centre have signed a 250 million dollar loan agreement.
- India’s crude steel production grew by2 percent to 101.4 million tonnes (MT) in 2017 compared to 95.5 MTin the previous year, a report by World Steel Association.
- Private sector Axis Bank launched the fourth edition of ‘Evolve’ in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
|Name of the person||Appointed for||Replaces|
|S Somnath||new director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC)||—–|
|Jerome Powell||head of the Federal Reserve||Janet Yellen|
|Usha Ananthasubramanian||elected the first woman chairman of Indian Banks’ Association (IBA)||Jatinder Bir Singh|
|president Milos Zeman||wins Czech presidential election||——|
|Vikram Singh Sisodia||Chef-De-Mission For CWG||——|
AWARDS & HONOR
- The Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palanisamy has received UNESCO Award of Merit.
- An Indian-origin principalNeena Lall, at one of the UK’s leading state-funded schools has been branded as “Hitler” on social media over her efforts to ban the ‘hijab’ for very young students.
- Dr Vinod Paul, Member of NITI Aayoghas been awarded the prestigious IhsanDogramacı Family Health Foundation Prize by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
- Bollywood playback singer Asha Bhosle will be given the ‘Yash Chopra Memorial Award’.
BOOKS & AUTHOR
- Vice President releases the book ‘Staniya Svasasan Mei Addhi Aabadhi’has been authored by Sadhana Pandey in New Delhi..
- The former Chief Minister of Delhi, Sheila Dixit’s pictorial book framed a book named “Dilli Meri Dilli: Before and After 1998”.
- Bruno Marswent six for six at the Grammys, winning all of the awards he was nominated for with his energetic and upbeat 90s-inspired R&B album.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC)has announced, the 2018 edition of the Women’s World T20 will be hosted by West Indies in November 2018.
- Rakhi Haldercreated a new national record and en route to a gold medal in the 63kg women’s category in the 33rd Women Senior National Weightlifting Championships, in Mangaluru, Kerala.
- Bopanna and Baboslost to the Croat-Canadian pair of Pavic and Dabrowski in mixed Doubles.Timea Babos hails from
- Caroline Wozniackiclinched her 1st grand slam title in Women Singles category in Australian open.
- Delhi won their first Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophyby beating Rajasthan.
- In Tennis, World Number Two Roger Federer has retained his Men’s Singles title at the Australian Open. In the summit clash in Melbourne, he defeated sixth seed Marin Cilic of Croatia in five sets.
- The world no.1 Tai Tzu Ying of Taiwanwins the Indonesian Masters.
- Sandeep Lamichhanebecame the first cricketer from Nepal to land a deal in IPL contract.
- Sharath Kamal has lifted the National men’s singles titlefor the eighth time, equals Kamlesh Mehta record.
- ‘Father of South African jazz’, who had career spanning more than five decades, dies aged 78.
- The Award-winning science fiction and fantasy author Ursula K Le Guinhas passed away. She hails from Oregon,US.
- Famous actress Supriya Devi passed away. She hails from West Bengal.
- Noted Kannada actor Chandrashekhar popularly known as ‘Edakallu Guddada Mele’Chandrashekhar passed away.
- Saina Nehwal lost her final match of Indonesia Masters in Jakarta to Tai Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei.
- Billionaire IKEA founder Ingvar Kamprad dies at 91
- Ottanthulal artist Kalamandalam Geethanandan(58) collapsed and died during a performance at Avittathur Mahavishnu Temple in kerala.
|24||National Girl Child Day||______|
|25||National Voters’ Day||“Accessible Elections”|
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of January from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of December from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of November from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the Current Affairs and the Daily Current Affairs Quiz from the links given below and you can check us daily to get more updates.