Daily Current Affairs: April 19, 2022
Daily Current Affairs (April 19, 2022) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Liver Day – 19 April
- World Liver Day is observed on 19 April every year to raise awareness about liver diseases across the world. The liver is the largest solid organ of the body that removes toxins from the body.
- This organ maintains healthy blood sugar levels, regulates blood clotting, and performs several other vital functions in the Human body.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates India’s first Semicon Conference in Bengaluru
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated India’s first-ever Semicon India 2022 Conference in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Semicon India 2022 Conference was organised by the Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. The theme of this conference is ‘Design and Manufacture in India, for the World: Making India a Semiconductor Nation’.
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief Minister: Basavaraj Bommai
- Governor: Thaawarchand Gehlot
- National Parks: Anshi National Park, Kudremukh National Park, Bandipur National Park, Bannerghatta National Park, Rajiv Gandhi (Nagarahole) National Park
Paytm becomes the official digital payments partner for the prime ministers’ museum
- Paytm became an official digital payments partner for the prime ministers’ museum.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the ‘Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya’ (prime ministers’ museum) in Delhi, which is a tribute to all prime ministers in India since independence.
India and Maldives ink seven MoUs to implement community development projects
- India has signed a seven Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) with the Maldives for projects to be built under the Indian grant assistance scheme for the High Impact Community Development Project through local bodies (HICDP).
- These MoUs will strengthen the Government’s efforts in fostering socio-economic development in local communities by promoting health and wellbeing, empowerment of youth and preservation and protection of culture and heritage.
- Capital: Male
- Currency: Maldivian Rufiyaa
- President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
India signs an MoU with Finland to establish a Virtual Network Centre on Quantum Computing
- India and Finland signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish an Indo-Finnish Virtual Network Centre on Quantum Computing and it will attempt to stimulate innovative research and development projects to address the needs of both nations.
- This bilateral collaboration between the two countries is an attempt to stimulate innovative research and development projects that address a specific need or challenge, demonstrate high industrial relevance and commercial potential and aim to deliver benefits to both nations.
- Capital: Helsinki
- Currency: Euro
- Prime Minister: Sanna Marin
Banking and Economy
RBI certifies 121 Finance as India’s first NBFC-Factor under its Registration of Factors Regulations 2022
- Jaipur-based 121 Finance became India’s first fintech-led NBFC (non-banking financial company) Factor to receive the Certificate of Registration (CoR) under Registration of Factors (Reserve Bank) Regulations 2022. That means, it is the first NBFC to convert from an Investment and Credit Company (ICC) to an NBFC-Factor.
- This NBFC-Factor addresses the most significant challenge most businesses suffer from, i.e., arranging short-term funds for MSMEs, without any collateral.
Nexo partners with Mastercard and DiPocket to launch the world’s first cryptocurrency-backed payment card ‘Nexo Card’
- Crypto lender Nexo has partnered with global payments company Mastercard and DiPocket to launch the world’s first crypto card named ‘Nexo Card’ that allows users to spend without selling their cryptocurrencies.
- Nexo Card is available in selected European countries and will give its users access to cryptocurrency-powered liquidity across 92 million merchant sites worldwide.
- This card requires no minimum repayments, monthly, or inactivity fees. There are no FX fees for up to €20,000 per month.
Lt Gen Manoj Pande was appointed as Chief of the Army Staff
- Lt Gen Manoj Pande was appointed as India’s Army Chief. He is the first engineer to be promoted to the Chief of the Army Staff (COAS). He replaced General Manoj Mukund Naravane.
- Lt Gen Manoj Pande was commissioned in the Bombay Sappers in December 1982.
Atomic Energy Commission Chairman Kamlesh Nilkanth Vyas gets one-year extension
- Union Government has granted an extension of one year to Atomic Energy Commission Chairman Kamlesh Nilkanth Vyas. The Appointment Committee of the Cabinet has approved the extension in service to Vyas for one year beyond 03 May 2022.
- This is the second extension for Vyas, who was first appointed to the post in September 2018.
Awards and Recognitions
IndusInd Bank bags global ‘Celent Model Bank’ Award for its Enterprise Payments Hub (EPH) initiative
- IndusInd Bank was awarded the global ‘Celent Model Bank’ award under the category of ‘Payments System Transformation’ for building a best-in-class Enterprise Payments Hub (EPH).
- This award acknowledges the Bank’s outstanding journey in creating a cloud-based central payments hub that is capable of seamlessly processing high transaction loads originating across all forms of payment instructions and all originating client touchpoints.
- Headquarters: Pune, Maharashtra
- MD and CEO: Sumant Kathpalia
- Tagline: ‘We Make You Feel Richer’
Mongolia hosts the Senior Asian Wrestling Championship in 2022
- Mongolia hosted the Senior Asian Wrestling Championship in 2022. A total of twenty wrestlers from the men’s team across the Freestyle and Greco-Roman categories and 10 from the women’s team are participating in the event.
- Sports Authority of India has sanctioned 28 crore rupees for the participation of the Indian wrestlers.
- Capital: Ulaanbaatar
- Currency: Mongolian tögrög
- President: Ukhnaa Khurelsukh
Haryana crowned champions of the Senior Hockey Nationals 2022
- Haryana has crowned the champions of the twelfth Senior Men’s National Hockey Championship 2022 by defeating Tamil Nadu. Haryana won the trophy for the first time since 2011.
- Karnataka defeated Maharashtra in the third/fourth place classification match.
Indian Grand Master D. Gukesh wins title at La Roda International tournament 2022 held in Spain
- India’s youngest GrandMaster Dommaraju Gukesh won the forty-eighth La Roda International Open Chess tournament 2022 held at Castilla La Mancha, Spain by defeating Israel GM Victor Mikhalevski in the final.
- The third place was secured by Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa. The Fourth and Fifth place was won by Indian GM Raunak Sadhwani and Spain GM Manuel Lopez Martinez Josep
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of April 19, 2022, now from the link given below.