DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: FEBRUARY 26, 2019
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: FEBRUARY 26, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (February 26, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
M.P. launched Mukhyamantri Yuva Swabhiman Yojana :
- The Madhya Pradesh government launched its flagship scheme ‘Mukhyamantri Yuva Swabhiman Yojana’. It was launched by the Chief Minister Kamal Nath.
- This scheme guarantees 100 days of employment every year to urban youth from Economically Weaker Sections (EWS).
- The youth under the scheme would be imparted skill development training. Each youth enrolled under the scheme will get total Rs.13,500 for the 100 days period.
Governor: Anandiben Patel
Chief Minister: Kamal Nath
PM Narendra Modi inaugurates National War Memorial :
- PM Narendra Modi dedicated a new National War Memorial, situated in the India Gate complex in New Delhi, to the nation.
- Spread over 40 acres, the National War Memorial comprises four concentric circles with names of 25,942 soldiers inscribed in golden letters on granite tablets.
- National War Memorial includes a central obelisk, an eternal flame and six bronze murals depicting famous battles fought by India.
FAGMIL signs MoU with Himachal Pradesh Government to establish Rs. 605 crores White cement Plant Project :
- Under its diversification programme, FCI Aravali Gypsum and Minerals India Limited (FAGMIL) has taken up a project to establish a 4th white cement plant in the country near village NohraDhar in Sirmour district, Himachal Pradesh, at a project cost of approximately Rs. 605 crores.
- The installed capacity of the plant would be 0.3 million tonnes per annum and it will generate the direct employment of approximately150 persons. The plant is expected to be commenced by the year 2022. It will prove to be a milestone for the development of the Sirmour District.
PM Modi launched Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme in Gorakhpur :
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme in Gorakhpur,Uttar Pradesh.
- The scheme will provide Rs 6,000 per year to small and marginal farmer families having combined land holding/ownership of upto 2 hectares.
Arun Jaitley chaired 33rd GST Council meeting in New Delhi :
- Union Finance Minister, Shri Arun Jaitley, chaired the 33rd Goods & Services Tax (GST) Council held in New Delhi which was attended by the Finance Ministers of various States and Union Territories.
- GST shall be levied at effective GST rate of 5% without Input Tax Credit (ITC) on residential properties outside affordable segment.
- GST shall be levied at effective GST of 1% without ITC on affordable housing properties.The new rate will come into force from 1st of April, 2019.
Union Minister Ashwini Kumar Choubey launches national programme to eliminate viral hepatitis :
- Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare, Ashwini Kumar Choubey in the presence of Amitabh Bachchan, the goodwill ambassador for hepatitis, WHO South-East Asia Region, launched the “National Action Plan – Viral Hepatitis” in Mumbai.
- Recognized as an important public health problem across the world Viral Hepatitis has caused 1.34 million deaths globally in 2015 according to World Health Organisation (WHO).
India hosts ‘4th Global Digital Health Partnership Summit’ :
- Shri J P Nadda, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare inaugurated the ‘4th Global Digital Health Partnership Summit’ in the presence of Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Union Minister of Law & Justice and Electronics & Information Technology and Health Ministers from several countries.
- The meeting on digital health is being hosted by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Global Digital Health Partnership (GDHP).
PepsiCo’s former CEO Indra Nooyi joins Amazon’s Board of Directors :
- PepsiCo’s former CEO Indra Nooyi has joined Amazon’s board of directors, the online retail giant. Starbucks executive Rosalind Brewer has also joined the Amazon Board. Ms. Nooyi will be a member of the audit committee.
Trump appointed Kelly Knight Craft as US ambassador to United Nations :
- Kelly Knight Craft will replace former US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley, who resigned her post in October 2018.
- Kelly Craft is currently serving as the US ambassador to Canada, since September 2017. Jonathan Cohen is currently serving as the acting UN ambassador.
AWARDS & HONOURS
G.R. Karthikeyan received the Lifetime Achievement Award :
- G.R. Karthikeyan, Father of India’s first Formula One driver Narain Karthikeyan was honored with the Lifetime Achievement award at the FMSCI annual awards function. FIA president Jean Todt was the chief guest and handed over the awards.
- Raghul Rangasamy was named the Upcoming Motorsports Person of the Year and received the Raymond Gautam Singhania Trophy at the FMSCI Annual Awards in Mumbai.
Afghanistan records Highest Ever T20 International Score :
- Afghanistan broke Australia’s record for the highest Twenty20 cricket total as they posted 278 runs from their 20 overs in the second T20I against Ireland at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
- Hazratullah Zazai was star with the bat for Afghanistan, as he scored 162 runs from just 62 balls and also Zazai became the first player from Afghanistan to score 150 or more runs.
Sri Lanka become first Asian team to win series in South Africa :
- Sri Lanka entered the record books and scripted history by becoming the first Asian team to win a Test series in South Africa.
- Riding on match-winning performances by Oshado Fernando and Kusal Mendis, Sri Lanka beat South Africa by 8 wickets at the St George’s Park, Port Elizabeth.
- Kusal Perera was given the Man of the Series award. Before Sri Lanka, only Australia and England have defeated South Africa in a Test series at home.
STATIC: Sri Lanka
Capital: Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte,
Currency: Sri Lankan Rupee,
President: Maithripala Sirisena.
Grandmaster Abhijeet Gupta lifts Cannes International Open trophy :
- In Chess, Indian Grandmaster Abhijeet Gupta lifted the Cannes International Open trophy.He took an easy draw with Pier Luigi Basso of Italy in the ninth and final round.
- Abhijeet won the tournament with 7.5 points. It is his first solo International tournament victory.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.