Daily Current Affairs: November 27, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (November 27, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
National Organ Donation Day – 27 November
- National Organ Donation Day is observed on 27 November every year for the last 10 years to re-establish our belief in humanity through raising awareness among people and to recognise the selfless efforts made towards mankind.
- The first National Organ Donation Day was celebrated in 2010.
Indian Oil, BPCL and HPCL launch Model Retail Outlet Scheme
- Model Retail Outlet Scheme and a Digital Customer Feedback Programme named Darpan@petrolpump have been launched by Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) for ensuring standardised customer facilities through both of these initiatives.
- In line with the Digital India mandate, the retail outlets have been categorised into four categories based on sales performance, amenities offered and the percentage of digital transactions at the point of sale.
Tamil Nadu Government releases the Data Centre Policy
- The Tamil Nadu Government released the Data Centre Policy to develop Tamil Nadu as the important destination for data centres by catering to all the specific requirements of data centres and providing them with an attractive business environment.
- Tamil Nadu had already signed an MoU for an investment of over ₹18,000 crores in data centres during FY 2020–2
- Tamil Nadu will encourage and assist data centre operations by providing various incentives to projects with an investment of over ₹500 crores and those that fulfill at least 30% of their energy needs with renewable energy sources.
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief Minister: M. K. Stalin
- Governor: R. N. Ravi
- National Parks: Mukurthi National Park, Guindy National Park, Gulf of Mannar Marine National Park, Indira Gandhi (Annamalai) National Park, Mudumalai National Park
World’s first multimodal brain imaging data and analytics was developed at the DBT -National Brain Research Centre (DBT-NBRC) in Haryana
- Haryana’s Department of Bio-technology and National Brain Research Centre (DBT-NBRC) has developed the world’s first multimodal brain imaging data and analytics SWADESH, which is expected to aid in the successful treatment of brain disorders in India.
- SWADESH is a unique brain initiative focusing on certified neuroimaging, neurochemical, neuropsychological data and analytics that are made accessible to researchers for managing brain disorders.
- This initiative will enable researchers to conduct multimodal brain studies to understand and manage the Alzheimer’s disease and several other neurological disorders.
- This SWADESH was launched by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for the Ministry of Science and Technology Jitendra Singh.
Banking & Economy
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) raises promoter stake’s cap to 26% from 15% in private banks
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has raised the cap on promoter’s stake in private banks to 26 per cent from the current 15 per cent limit of the paid-up voting equity share capital of the bank.
- These are part of 21 out of 33 recommendations of an Internal Working Group that have been accepted by the RBI with modifications.
- The RBI’s internal Working Group has favoured allowing promoters to maintain any percentage of holding in the first five years and then capping it at 26 per cent after 15 years of operations.
- According to the RBI’s current norms, a promoter of a private bank needs to reduce holdings to 20 per cent within 10 years and 15 per cent within 15 years.
- The minimum requirement on the experience track record of the promoting entity, including for a converting non-banking finance company (NBFC), is to remain at 10 years for universal banks and five years for small finance banks.
Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Formation: 1 April 1935
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: K. Jain, M. D. Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao and T. Rabi Sankar
- Subsidiaries: Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC), Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran Limited (BRBNML)
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) imposes a ₹1 crore penalty on the State Bank of India (SBI)
- The Reserve Bank of India has imposed a ₹1 crore penalty on the State Bank of India (SBI) for violating a provision of the sub-section (2) of Section 19 of the Banking Regulation (BR) Act, 1949, which limits the number of shares a bank can hold in borrower companies.
- Sub-section (2) of Section 19 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, states that no banking company shall hold shares in any company, whether as pledgee, mortgagee or absolute owner, of an amount exceeding thirty per cent of the paid-up share capital of that company or thirty per cent.
Exim Bank approves a $100 million loan for COVID-19 vaccines for FY22
- The Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) would provide a $100 million loan in project finance to COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers in India for the fiscal year 2021–2022.
- The Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) also extended a $250 million credit line for Africa to procure the vaccines.
Exim Bank (Export and Import Bank of India)
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Managing Director: Harsha Bhupendra Bangari
Appointments and Resignations
Ashok Leyland MD & CEO Vipin Sondhi steps down
- The Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Ashok Leyland Vipin Sondhi will step down from his role on 31 December.
- He took charge of Ashok Leyland on 12 December 2019 and was appointed for a term of five years till 11 December 2024.
- Earlier, he was the CEO of JCB India for 13 years.
Rajnish Kumar was appointed as an Independent Director of Hero MotoCorp
- Former SBI Chairman Rajnish Kumar was appointed to the board of Hero MotoCorp as an Independent Director.
- He currently serves as an Independent Director on the boards of HSBC, Asia Pacific, L&T Infotech and is also the Non-executive Chairman of Resilient Innovations (BharatPe).
Ranks and Indices
Bihar, Jharkhand and Uttar Pradesh emerge as the poorest states in India: NITI Aayog’s Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) report
- Bihar, Jharkhand and Uttar Pradesh have emerged as the poorest states in India, according to NITI Aayog’s first Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI)
- Kerala, Goa, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu and Punjab have registered the lowest poverty across India and are at the bottom of this index.
- India’s Multidimensional Poverty Index has three equally weighted dimensions — health, education and standard of living, which are represented by 12 indicators namely nutrition, child and adolescent mortality, antenatal care, years of schooling, school attendance, cooking fuel, sanitation, drinking water, electricity, housing, assets and bank accounts.
The 37th edition of the CORPAT exercise between India and Indonesia was held in the Indian Ocean
- The 37th edition of the Indo-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) was held between India and Indonesia in the Indian Ocean.
- Indian Naval Ship (INS) Khanjar and Dornier maritime patrol aircraft participated in CORPAT and Indonesian naval ship KRI Sultan Thaha Sayifuddin (376) has participated from the Indonesian side.
Books & Authors
Will Smith releases his new book titled ‘WILL’
- Actor, producer and musician Will Smith authored and released his new book titled ‘WILL’.
- This book is co-authored by Mark Manson.
- The publisher of this book is Penguin Random House India.
- This book is the memoir/autobiography (or something in between) of actor, musician and all-around global superstar Will Smith.
Shreyas Iyer becomes the 16th Indian batsman to score a century on Test debut
- Shreyas Iyer became the 16th Indian batsman to score a century on his Test debut on the first Test against Kane Williamson-led New Zealand National Cricket Team at the Green Park International Stadium, Kanpur.
- The first Indian to score a century on debut was Lala Amarnath in 1933.
- Some of them in the list are R. H. Shodhan, Kripal Singh, Abbas Ali Baig, Hanumant Singh, Gundappa Viswanath, Surinder Amarnath, Mohammed Azharuddin, Pravin Amre, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag, Suresh Raina, Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma.
Dheeraj Singh becomes the first Indian footballer to be named in the 2021 AFC Champions League Team of the Season
- FC Goa’s goalkeeper Dheeraj Singh Moirangthem from Manipur was named in the 2021 AFC Champions League’s official Team of the Season.
- He became the first Indian footballer to be named in the AFC Champions League Team of the Tournament.
- He was the second-choice keeper behind Gurpreet Singh Sandhu when India won the SAFF Championship in October 2021 in the Maldives.
Daily CA- 27 November One Liners
|National Organ Donation Day – 27 November|
|Indian Oil, BPCL and HPCL launch Model Retail Outlet Scheme|
|Tamil Nadu Government releases the Data Centre Policy|
|World’s first multimodal brain imaging data and analytics was developed at the DBT -National Brain Research Centre (DBT-NBRC) in Haryana|
|Reserve Bank of India (RBI) raises promoter stake’s cap to 26% from 15% in private banks|
|Reserve Bank of India (RBI) imposes a ₹1 crore penalty on the State Bank of India (SBI)|
|Exim Bank approves a $100 million loan for COVID-19 vaccines for FY22|
|Ashok Leyland MD & CEO Vipin Sondhi steps down|
|Rajnish Kumar was appointed as an Independent Director of Hero MotoCorp|
|Bihar, Jharkhand and Uttar Pradesh emerge as the poorest states in India: NITI Aayog’s Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) report|
|The 37th edition of the CORPAT exercise between India and Indonesia was held in the Indian Ocean|
|Will Smith releases his new book titled ‘WILL’|
|Shreyas Iyer becomes the 16th Indian batsman to score a century on Test debut|
|Dheeraj Singh becomes the first Indian footballer to be named in the 2021 AFC Champions League Team of the Season|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of November 27, 2021, now from the link given below.