Direction Test – Practice Set 10
1. A boy rode his bicycle northward, then turned left and rode 1 km and again turned left and rode 2 km. He found himself 1 km west of his starting point. How far did he ride northward initially?
a) 1 km
b) 2 km
c) 3 km
d) 5 km
e) None of these
2. Riya starts walking in the north direction and after walking some distance she took a left turn followed by a right turn. After that she took two consecutive left turn, now she is walking in which direction?
3. Alan starts from her house and walks 15 km northwards, and then travels 4 km to the left, and then 5 km towards the left, then again travels 10 km towards the right and then 18 km towards the left. How far is she from her house?
a) 14 km
b) 16.2 km
c) 18.6 km
d) 19 km
4. A child is looking for his father. He went 90 meters in the east before turning to his right. He went 20 meters before turning to is right again to look for his father at his uncle’s place 30 meters from this point. His father was not there. From there, he went 100 meters to his north before meeting his father in a street. How far did the son meet his father from starting point ?
a) 80 metre
b) 90 metre
c) 100 metre
d) 110 metre
5. Janaki started from her house and walked 2 kms towards North. Then she took a right turn and covered one kilometer. Then she took again a right turn and walked for 2 kms. In what direction is she going?
6. A driver left his village and drove North for 20 kms, after which he stopped for breakfast. The he turned left and drove another 30 kms, when he stopped for lunch. After some rest, he again
turned left and drove 20 kms before stopping for evening tea. Once more he turned left and drove 30 kms to reach the town where he had supper. After evening tea in which direction did he drive?
7. Pinky walks a distance of 600 m. towards east, turns left and moves 500 m, then turns left and walks 600 m. And then turns left again and moves 500 m and halts. At what distance in metres is the from the starting point?
8. Sathish and Anbu start from a fixed point.Sathish move 3 km north and turns right and
then covers 4 km. Anbu moves 5 km west and turns right and walks 3 km. Now how far are they apart?
a) 10 km
b) 9 km
c) 8 km
d) 6 km
9. A rat runs 15 feet towards East and turns to right and runs 10 feet. He then turns to right and runs 9 feet, and again turns to left to run 5 feet. He once again takes a left turn and runs 12 feet and finally turns to left and runs 6 feet. What direction is the rat facing now?
10. Sanjay and Rajesh start at the same time from a point. Sanjay walks towards north at a speed of 4 km per hour. Rajesh walks towards east at a speed of 3km per hour. what is the distance between them after one hour?