IMPORTANT QUESTIONS FOR KERALA PSC – SET 5
Dear KPSC Aspirants,
Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) Exams is one of the most sought exams in Kerala and a record number of aspirants appear for this exam every year for various postings. These Kerala PSC Exams are conducted to select the applicants for Civil Service posts in Kerala.
Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) conducts examinations for appointments to the services of the state. Topmost posts including the ones in the Education department and other important Departments will be duly filled by the KPSC Exams.
We have already started to post questions for the Kerala PSC Exam and will be continuing to do so for the benefit of the students. Please check the Questions regularly and prepare for the Kerala PSC Exams with us and crack the exams in the forthcoming days.
Aspirants can check the previous posts in the link below.
1.Name the acid which fumes on exposure with air?
Ans: Nitric Acid
- It is used to test the purity of Gold
- It is used as an oxidizer in rocket propellants
- Nitric acid is also known as ‘Spirit of Nitre’ or ‘Aqua Fortis’.
2. Which acid is known as ‘Oil of Vitriol’?
Ans: Sulphuric Acid
- King of Chemicals-Sulphuric Acid
- Oil of Wintergreen- Methyl Salicylate
- Muriatic Acid-Hydrochloric Acid
- Ethanoic Acid-Acetic Acid
3. Supreme Court Judges retire at the age of
- Supreme Court of India was inaugurated on 28th January 1950.
- The Judges of the Supreme Court was appointed by the President.
- By Article 130, the permanent seat of the Supreme Court is at Delhi.
- The oath of affirmation of the Judges is administered by the President.
- A Judge of the Supreme Court may resign his office by writing the letter to the President.
- Monthly Salary of the Chief Justice of Supreme Court is 2.8 lakh and other judges is 2.5 lakh.
4. The programming language used for business data processing?
- Full form is Common Business Oriented Language.
- Programming language which is associated with Artificial Intelligence & Computational Linguistics-PROLOG
- PROLOG is also called declarative language or Rule based language.
5. The optical phenomenon which causes fringe pattern of CD is?
- Projector in a film theatre works on the principle of –Diffraction
- Different colors in soap bubbles is due to: Interference of light
- Working principle of optical fibre: Total Internal Reflection
6. According to the latest survey which is the cleanest Railway Station in India?
Answer: Jodhpur Railway Station, Rajasthan
- Cleanest Railway Zone: North-West
- Present Railway minister: Piyush Goyal
- Headquarters of Indian Railway: Baroda House, New Delhi
- 7. Who is the first Captain to score a double century in One-Day Cricket International?
- Ans: Virendra Sehwag
- First Batsman to score a Double Century in ODI’s: Sachin Tendulkar
- Player with the highest individual score in ODI Cricket: Rohit Sharma(264 vs Sri Lanka).He also holds the record of most number of Double Centuries.(3 times)
- Martin Guptill holds the highest Individual score in ICC World Cup ODI.(237 vs WI)
- 8. Meaning of the Idiom ‘Against the Clock’?
- Ans: As fast as possible before a deadline
- Storm in a tea cup- Unimportant event
- Hold your horses-Be patient
- Bite your tongue: To avoid talking
- Cry over spilt Milk: Regret over a past action
- 9.Sardarsarovar Dam is on the river?
- Ans: Narmada
- Ranapratap Sagar Dam is on the river: Chambal
- Tehri Dam is on the river: Bhagirathi
- Nagarjuna Sagar Dam is on the river: Krishna
- 10. Nanda Devi National Park is in which state?
- Ans: Uttarakhand
- Other National Parks in Uttarakhand
- Jim Corbett National Park
- Rajaji National Park
- Gangotri National Park
|Kerala PSC – Set 1||Click Here|
|Kerala PSC – Set 2||Click Here|
|Kerala PSC – Set 3||Click Here|
|Kerala PSC – Set 4||Click Here|