CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS : December 1 – December 7
CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS : December 1 – December 7
Dear banking Aspirant,
The Mains Exams are in coming in the forthcoming days and you have to prepare in a mighty way to cross the ocean of mains Examination. The IBPS CLERK PRELIMS and RBI Assistant Mains Exam and also the IBPS SO Prelims Exam are in the forthcoming days. So the preparations are to be made in a marvelous way to crack the exam, the RBI Exam is still two days away.
We are providing the aspirants with the curated list of Recent happenings in the Last week of November and so this could be vital for your preparations for the General Awareness and Static Awareness and also for the Banking Awareness section in the forthcoming exams.
Check the Weekly One Liners from December 1 – December 7 and you could also download the Weekly Current Affairs One Liners as PDF from the link below. There are chances that the recent events from the current affairs can be asked in the forthcoming RBI Assistant Mains Examination 2017 & IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2017 which happens in the forthcoming days.
You can download the Weekly One Liners of December 1 – December 7 from the link given below and you can read the one liners also which is provided below.
- ‘Clean Sea 2017’ exercise conducted by Indian coast Guard (ICG) was held at sea off Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Union Defence Ministry approved procurement of 260 naval communication sets including Software Defined Radios (SDR), naval communication sets for Indian Navy of worth Rs. 490 crore.
- UK-based Indian-origin businessmen have committed to projects worth nearly Rs 500 crore associated with the Clean Ganga mission
- West Bengal gets financial aid from World Bank to get subsidy to buy 130 electric buses for about Rs.7 lakh per each bus
- President Ram Nath kovind inaugurated the 54th Statehood Day and the 18th Hornbill festival 2017 at Naga Heritage Village, Kisama.
- Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar launched the Jai Kisaan App. The aim of the app is to fulfil the needs of the farmer’s community in India.
- Telangana government has announced that it will set up a incubation centre for start-ups by women entrepreneurs and also set up a Rs 15-crore fund to meet the investment needs of these start-ups
- The government is planning to launch a series of initiatives to encourage women entrepreneurs including creation of a women startup incubator ‘WE Hub’, a first such incubator in the country.
- Shri Kiren Rijiju inaugurated 7th edition of three day ‘Kathakar: International Storytellers Festival’. It begins at the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA), New Delhi.
- Union cabinet has approved setting up of National Nutrition Mission which is three year mission budget of 9046.17 crore rupees and it comes under Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- The 22nd meeting of Board of Management (BOM) of Small Farmers, Agri-Business Consortium (SFAC), chaired by Minister Radha Mohan Singh was held in New Delhi.
- The 31st edition annual Konark festival begins in Odisha.
- The Minister of Industry and Commerce, Suresh Prabhu was the chief guest for the Shared Value Summit 2017, which was held in New Delhi.
Theme: “Equity and Empowerment”.
- A tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and Tourism and Hospitality Sector Skill Council (THSC) with Airbnb to Upskill Hospitality Entrepreneurs.
- Minister of State in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Smt.Anupriya Patel Launched National Strategic Plan (2017-24) and Mission “SAMPARK”.
- India’s largest floating solar power plant to be inaugurated at Banasura Sagar dam in Wayanad, Kerala.
- Hyderabad is all set to be world’s first Information Technology campus for persons with disabilities (PWDs).
- Vice-president M Venkaiah Naidu with Assam Governor Jagadish Mukhi and CM Sarbananda Sonowal launched Deen Dayal Divyangjan Sahajya Achoni.
- Shamli district of Uttar Pradesh has been included in the National Capital Region, taking the total number of districts in the NCR to 23.
- In Assam, the 6th International Tourism Mart 2017 began in Guwahati.
- The Minister of Commerce and Industry, Shri Suresh Prabhu released the Mid-term Review of the Foreign Trade Policy (FTP) 2015-20 in New Delhi.
- Anupriya Patel, MoS (Health & Family Welfare) inaugurated the 22nd conference of Asian Harmonization Working Party (AHWP) at New Delhi.
- India’s global initiative, the International Solar Alliance (ISA) will become a treaty-based international intergovernmental organization.
- Surface-to-air missile ‘Akash’ was successfully test fired for the first
from the Launch Complex-III atITR Chandipur in Odisha.
- Uttar Pradesh has become the first State to endorse the Central government’s draft bill that makes instant triple talaq a cognisable and non-bailable offence.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Dr Ambedkar International Centre in New Delhi.
- The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the 12th Annual Convention of Central Information Commission (CIC) in New Delhi.
- The Madhya Pradesh Assembly unanimously passed a bill awarding death to those found guilty of raping girls aged 12 and below.
- EPFO has opened a new facility for its over 4.5 crore members that will allow consolidation or merger of their multiple PF accounts with the current Universal Account Number, UAN.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) and Rotary India in New Delhi.To provide support and accelerate the efforts under Polio Eradication Programme, Routine Immunization including Mission Indradhanush, Intensified Mission Indradhanushand Measles-Rubella.
- The government has set up a high-level committee headed by NITI Aayog chief executive Amitabh Kant to address the problem of stressed assets in India’s power sector.
- Russia will assist India to set up a national crisis management centre in the country. EMERCOM of Russia would cooperate with India in the establishment of the National Crisis Management Centre (NCMC) in India.
- The International Monetary Fund approved a new 88 billion US dollar credit line for Mexico, replacing the existing line. It is a two-year agreement.
- India donated 500 metric tonnes of rice to kingdom of Lesotho because the country is facing acute food shortage.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj represented India in the two-day annual meeting of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) was held in Sochi, Russia.
- Defence Ministers of Singapore and India,Ng Eng Hen and Nirmala Sitharaman signed the pact that will step up cooperation in maritime security, increase visits to each other’s ports, and facilitate mutual logistics support
- India signed a technical cooperation agreement with Spain to launch a Rapid Rail Transit System (RRTS) under which the trains run at a speed of 180Kmph.
- India has been re-elected to the Council of the International Maritime Organisation.
- Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITIES) of Wild Fauna and Flora was held in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) signed 2 Bilateral Advance Pricing Agreements (APA) with Netherlands.
- The first phase of the Chabahar port project is known as the Shahid Beheshti port and it is inaugurated by Iranian President Hassan Rouhani.
- The 3rd edition of the Dialogue between the NITI Aayog and the Development Research Council of China, the DRC- NITI Aayog Dialogue was held in Beijing. The meeting was co-chaired by Vice Chairman NITI Aayog, Dr.Rajiv Kumar, and Mr Li Wei, President (Minister), DRC.
- US with draws from UN Global Compact on Migration.
- Venezuela launched its own crypto currency called Petro to circumvent US-led financial sanctions.
- The joint exercises, named “Flag4” with armed forces of the UAE, US, UK and France will begin military exercises in Abu Dhabi.
- Indian and Italy sign a new MoU for cooperation in Agriculture and Phytosanitary issues. Shri Radha Mohan Singh and H.E Maurizio Martina, Italian Minister for Agriculture Food and Forestry Policies signed the agreement.
- India and Cuba signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for enhanced cooperation in the health sector in New Delhi. Shri J P Nadda and Dr Roberto Tomas Morales Ojeda, Public Health Minister of Cuba signed the agreement.
- Australia has officially become the 26th country to legalise same-sex marriage after the Parliament passes historic law.
BANKING & BUSINESS
- One Rupee note turns 100 years in age on November 30 2017.
- Railway Ministry has introduced Unified Payments Interface (UPI)/ Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) App for booking of railway tickets from railway counters
- MD & CEO of corporation bank Jai kumar Garg has launched its RuPay Select and RuPay Platinum credit cards in Mangaluru
- Paytm Payments Bank is rolling out Paytm FASTag across the India, with the government mandating the use of FASTag on every new vehicle sold from December 1.
- Indian-American California senator Kamala Harris has topped the prestigious Foreign Policy magazine’s 2017 list.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved totalling $583 million(approx Rs. 3,748 crore) to develop its 750 MW power plant and LNG terminal project in Bangladesh.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi with 37.5 million followers is the second most tweeted about world leader, after US President Donald Trump with 44.1 million followers this year.
- Fitch Ratings cut the country’s GDP growth forecast for the current fiscal to 6.7% from the earlier projected 6.9%, saying that the rebound was weaker than expected.
- Fifth Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement, 2017-18 was released by the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) and the current remains unchanged.
- Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is leading Time magazine’s people’s poll for its “Person of the Year 2017” award.
- The government has engaged private lender ICICI Bank to enable online payments at 470 mandis integrated with the national portal of electronic National Agriculture Market (e-NAM).
APPOINMENTS & RESIGNS
|Sibi George||next Ambassador of India to the Holy See(Vatican city)||Ambassador of India to Switzerland||________|
|Dia Mirza||appointed United Nations Environment Goodwill Ambassador for India||Actor-activist
|Pradeep Singh Kharola||appointed as Air India CMD||_________||Rajiv Bansal|
|Snehlata Shrivastava||first woman Secretary-General of Lok Sabha||Anoop Mishra|
|DK Sarraf||new Chairman of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board||former Chairman of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation|
|Salil Parekh||MD & CEO of Infosys||Capgemini, CEO of financial services across Europe||Pravin Rao|
|Uhuru Kenyatta||second five-year term as president of Kenya||_______||_______|
|Mary Kom||Resigns national observer for Indian boxing||_______||_______|
|A Surya Prakash||as the Chairman of Prasar Bharati Board||_______||_______|
|Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri||withdrawn his resignation||______||______|
|Vishal Bhatia||CEO of Swiggy||________||______|
|Sushil Kumar||quits as National Sports Observer for wrestling|
AWARDS & HONOUR
|Award Name||Awarded to||Held at||Given by|
|Time Global Sustainability Film Awards 2017||Lipstick Under My Burkha||_____||______|
|Miss Supranational 2017||Miss Korea Jenny Kim||Poland’s Spa Resort of Krynica- Zdroj||_________|
|Amit Shah||Personality of the Year||______||Yahoo India|
|Sunny Leone||Most Searched Female Celebrity||______||Yahoo India|
|Vinod Khanna||Most Searched Male Celebrity||______||Yahoo India|
|PV Sindhu, Mithali Raj, Harmanpreet Kaur||Most searched sports personalities||______||Yahoo India|
|Manushi Chhillar||Indian of the year special achievement award||__-____||Given by Minister of Finance and corporate affairs, Arun Jaitley and Indian Cricket Team Captain Virat Kohli|
|Populism||Word of the Year 2017||_____||Cambridge Dictionary|
|Aditya Puri||18th rank in the list of Businessperson of the Year||_____|
|Vidya Balan||Best Actress Award (Critics) for Tumhari Sulu||Mumbai||Star Screen Awards|
|Rajkummar Rao||Best Actor (Critics) for Newton||Mumbai||Star Screen Awards|
|Ellie Goulding||UN Environment Global Goodwill Ambassador||______||______|
|Syrian refugee Mohamad Al Jounde||wins Children’s Peace Prize for building refugee school in Lebanon||______||Malala yusafzai|
BOOKS & AUTHOR
|Author||Book type||Book name|
|Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan launched||coffee table book||Bollywood: The Films! The Songs! The Stars!’|
- New Zealand is hosting ICC U19 world cup 2018 & New Zealand all-rounder Anderson is its brand ambassador
- Ankushita Boro of Assam has clinched the ‘Best Boxer’ title in World Youth Women’s Boxing Championship held in Guwahati.
- Shiva Keshavan wins Gold in Asian Luge Championships, which is held at Altenberg, Germany.
- Indian archer Deepika Kumari clinched bronze medal in Indoor Archery World Cup. The Event held at Bangkok, Thailand.
- Mumbai batsman Prithvi Shaw 18-year was named as the captain of India’s squad for the upcoming ICC U-19 World Cup.
- India has won the first-ever South Asian Regional Badminton Team Championship.
- Russia was banned from the 2018 Olympics over state-sponsored doping. The decision was taken in the IOC’s executive board meeting in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh will be promoting a UNICEF sports initiative for youngsters in South Asia, which will also have the ICC’s backing.Yuvraj launched the “Power of Sports to Shape the Future of Adolescents” campaign in South Asia.
- Mujeeb Zadran (16)of Afghanistan has become the first male cricket player born in the 21st century to play International cricket.
- Gurdeep Singh created three new senior national records in +105 Kilogram weight category in IWF World Weightlifting Championships at Anaheim in USA.
HISTORIC EVENT OF THE DAY
|1||World AIDS Day||Right to health|
|1-7(week)||Armed Forces Week||________|
|3||International Day of Persons with Disabilities||“Transformation towards sustainable and resilient society for all”|
|5||World Soil Day||Caring for the Planet starts from the Ground|
|7||Armed Forces Flag Day||_____|
- Former woman cricketer of India & Coach Sreerupa Mukherjee passed away in Kolkata.
- Noted mimicry artist and actor Kalabhavan Abi passed away in Kochi.
- Freedom Fighter Saraswati Tripathy passed away at the age of 89.
- Eminent exponent of the Gwalior gharana of Hindustani classical music, Pandit Narayanrao Bodas passes away.
- Veteran Bollywood actor and producer Shashi Kapoor has died aged 79.
- The President ShriRam Nath Kovind led the nation in paying homage to Bharat Ratna Baba Saheb Dr. B.R. Ambedkar on his62nd Mahaparinirvan Diwas on 6th Dec 2017.
- Noted South Indian music director, Adithyan, passed away in Hyderabad.
- France’s biggest rock star Johnny Hallyday has died after a battle with lung cancer.
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of November from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the Current Affairs and the Daily Current Affairs Quiz from the links given below and you can check us daily to get more updates.