CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS: NOVEMBER 14-19, 2018
CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS: NOVEMBER 14-19, 2018
Dear BankersDaily Aspirants,
Hope all of you are waiting for Canara bank po examination.Its the perfect time for your exam preparation.Start to learn Current Affairs section and score good marks in the upcoming examinations.
Here aspirants are provided with November 14- 19 Weekly oneliners.Collect the points in cripy manner and gather all the important current affairs in the first week of june.You can also download this as a pdf in the link provided below.
- The Culture Minister Dr Mahesh Sharma has inaugurated the 38th India International Trade Fair (IITF) at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.India International Trade Fair will provide a platform for all kind of businesses to showcase their excellence & wide spectrum of services to trade, industry & common men.
- As part of the European Union (EU) project ‘International Urban Cooperation’, Kochi Corporation and Vilnius, the capital city of Lithuania, have signed a memorandum of understanding.
- The government will release a Rs 75 coin to commemorate the 75th anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose hoisting the Tricolour for the first time at Port Blair.The Ministry of Finance has issued a notification regarding the release of the Rs 75 coin along with its specifications.
- The Government has set up a state of -the- art National Data Repository. It is a database of all the geo-scientific data of hydrocarbon resources in the country.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has attended the 13th East Asia Summit in Singapore during which the leaders of the grouping discussed global and regional issues, including maritime cooperation.
- The National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) has come up with a youth-friendly scheme “Yuva Sahakar-Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme” for attracting them to cooperative business ventures.
- India and United Kingdom has launched a British Pounds 10 million (current value of ₹ 93 crore) collaborative research programme that will address issues of affordability, prevention and care of cancer by bringing together Indian and UK experts across clinical research.
- India and Russia will hold joint military exercises in Jhansi in Uttar Pradesh from November 18. “Exercise Indra 2018” will begin at the Babina Field Firing Ranges.
- ISRO’s heavy-lift rocket GSLV-MkIII-D2 has successfully injected into orbit the country’s latest communication satellite GSAT-29.It is intended to meet the communication needs of people in remote areas in the North East and Jammu and Kashmir.
- The Uttar Pradesh government has approved renaming of Faizabad and Allahabad divisions as Ayodhya and Prayagraj respectively.
- Delhi Police Commissioner Amulya Patnaik launched the force’s e-learning portal NIPUN and training division website on November 14.
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan launched the ‘Gau Samridhi Plus Scheme’ to provide insurance coverage to dairy farmers in the state.The government subsidized scheme, as proposed, will give insurance coverage to dairy farmers at low premium rates.
- On the concluding day of five day long Make in Odisha Concalve, Odisha Science and Technology Minister Badrinarayan Patra announced the robust Biotechnology Policy 2018 to enable the state to become one of the top biotech innovation and investment destination in the country .
- The ethnic annual festival of the Khasis, the Nongkrem Dance or Shad Nongkrem concluded at Smit, on the outskirts of Shillong in Meghalaya.The Nongkrem dance festival is celebrated during Autumn at Smit, the cultural centre of the Khasi Hills.
- The Union Minister for Commerce and Industry and Civil Aviation Suresh Prabhu stated that government will release the e-commerce policy in the near future.
- The Bahrain government will sign an agreement with India early next year for cooperation in space technology.
- The government has approved three new proposals – fast-track special courts, procurement of forensic kits in sexual assault cases and setting up video surveillance system at 50 railway stations under the Nirbhaya Fund.
- The Kerala Infrastructure and Technology for Education (KITE) has rolled out– KOOL, its Online Open Learning training platform.
- The AYUSH Ministry is celebrating its first Naturopathy Day across the country on November 18, 2018.
- In the UAE, the two day annual meeting of World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Global Future Councils began in Dubai.Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum attended the opening session.
- The third edition of the India International Cherry Blossom Festival 2018 got underway at Polo 5th Ground, Shillong.It was inaugurated by the Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma in the presence of Japanese Ambassador to India, Kenji Hiramatsu
- The two-day summit to mark the World Tolerance Day was inaugurated in Dubai. It is being held for the first time in UAE.
- The two day ninth session of of the India-Kyrgyz Inter-Governmental Commission on Trade, Economic, Scientific and Technological Cooperation (IK-IGC) was held in New Delhi with signing of protocol.
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Vijay Goel inaugurated the 26th Conference of Central and State Organizations (COCSSO) at Dharamshala,Himachal Pradesh.
- French President Emmanuel Macron and Morocco’s King Mohammed VI have inaugurated Morocco’s first high-speed rail line, the first ever such line in Africa.
- The word that best captures the “ethos, mood, or preoccupations” of 2018 is “toxic,” according to Oxford Dictionaries, which is crowned the acetic adjective its word of the year.‘Gaslighting’ and ‘techlash’ are among runners-up.
- The 14th edition of international children’s theatre festival, ‘Jashne Bachpan’, was inaugurated in New Delhi.
BANKING AND ECONOMY
- The Reserve Bank has announced that it will inject Rs 12,000 crore into the system through purchase of government securities on November 15.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a loan of $200 million to rehabilitate and upgrade about 230 kilometers (km) of state highways in India’s Bihar state.
- IndusInd Bank has announced the launch of IndusInd Bank Nexxt Credit Card, which empowers customers with a choice of payment options such as EMI, Reward Points or Credit at the push of a button, on the card, at the point of sale (POS).
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Centre have signed a $300-million loan agreement to support lending by India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd (IIFCL).
- Myntra and Jabong, the fashion retail portals of the country’s top ecommerce firm Flipkart, will soon integrate all their functions, and Myntra chief executive Ananth Narayananwill continue to lead the team.
- Karnataka Bank has launched CASA campaign of FY 2018-19 & introduced a new SB scheme “KBL SB – TASC” a specialized product for Trusts/Associates/Societies/Clubs.
AWARDS AND HONOURS
- Late Dr. Martha Farrell has been honoured with the “Lifetime Achievement Award” at the 6th Indian Social Work Congress in New Delhi.
- Eminent journalist and Chairman of the Hindu Publishing Group, N Ram has been selected under prestigious award category of Raja Ram Mohan Roy award.
|NAME OF THE PERSON||APPOINTED AS||RESIGNS|
|The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) has announced that Siddharth Tiwari||has joined the BIS as Chief Representative for Asia and the Pacific.||_________|
|Union Ministers DV Sadananda Gowda and Narendra Singh Tomar||were assigned additional portfolios of the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers and the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs, respectively.||_________|
|Shri Abhay Thakur||has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Federal Republic of Nigeria.||_________|
|Asian Games gold-medallist sprinter Hima Das||has been appointed as the first ever youth ambassador of United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) India.||_________|
|Ashok Chawla||has resigned as the Non-Executive (Independent) Chairman of Yes Bank|
|Apple has appointed Ashish Chowdhary, Chief Customer Operations Officer at Nokia Networks,||as its India operation head. Chowdhary will join as Apple India head from January next year.||_________|
|Amir Yaron , a professor at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania,||set to be the next governor of Israel’s central bank.||_________|
|Oracle’s ex-product chief Thomas Kurian||will head Google’s cloud division, replacing Diane Greene.||_________|
- India will overtake the U.S. to become the world’s second-biggest emitter of carbon dioxide from the power sector before 2030 as the nation’s electricity demand skyrockets.
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi was named FIFA World Player of the Year.
- Former Indian pacer Munaf Patel announced his retirement from all forms of competitive cricket. Patel last played international match back in September 2011 against England in an ODI
- Viswanathan Anand won the inaugural Chess India Blitz Tournament by beating overnight leader Hikaru Nakamura in the play-off in Kolkata.
- Former England and Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole has announced his retirement from football, bringing the curtain down on a 20-year professional career.
- Australia all-rounder John Hastings has announced retirement from all forms of cricket.
- India’s ace cueist Pankaj Advani has won his third straight IBSF billiards crown in the 150-up format, taking his overall tally of world titles to 20. Advani overcame Nay Thway Oo of Myanmar in the final.
- The United Nations Children’s Fund-India (Unicef-India) has appointed Asian Games gold-medalist sprinter Hima Das as the country’s first ever youth ambassador.
- Alexander Zverev claimed the biggest win of his career in London, beating Novak Djokovic in two sets to win the 2018 ATP World Tour Finals.
- India’s Manav Thakkar settled for a bronze medal in the U-21 singles category in the ITTF Challenge Belgosstrakh Belarus Open.
- The Veteran sports journalist Roshan Lal Sethi has passed away.
- One of the most famous performers in the theatre industry, Alyque Padamsee just breathed his last. The Padma Shri recipient is best known for his role as Jinnah in Gandhi.
- Brig Kuldip Singh Chandpuri, decorated with the Maha Vir Chakra for gallantry in the 1971 Indo-Pak war and a well-known city resident, passed away at a local hospital after battling cancer.
- Asia’s first woman neurosurgeon, T.S. Kanaka has passed away.
|14||World Diabetes Day||The Family and Diabetes – diabetes concerns every family.|
|12||World Pneumonia Day||_________|
|15||World Philosophy Day||_________|
|16||International Day for Tolerance||_________|
|16||National Press Day||_________|
|19||World Toilet Day (WTD)||Nature-based solutions and the Slogan is When Nature Calls.|
Other Important Notification: Released In October 2018