Daily Current Affairs: April 21, 2022
Daily Current Affairs (April 21, 2022) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Creativity and Innovation Day – 21 April
- World Creativity and Innovation Day is observed on 21 April every year to raise awareness about the important roles that innovation and creativity play in every aspect of human development.
- The first World Creativity and Innovation Day was celebrated by United Nations General Assembly in 2018.
- The theme for World Creativity and Innovation Day 2022 is ‘Collaboration’.
National Civil Services Day (India) – 21 April
- National Civil Services Day (India) is observed on 21 April to mark the efforts of the civil servants working tirelessly and relentlessly in different departments and organisations in order to ensure that the administrative machinery works smoothly.
- The first National Civil Services Day was observed in 2006 and the ceremony was held at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
India’s first pure green hydrogen plant was commissioned in Jorhat, Assam
- Oil India Limited (OIL) has commissioned a 999 per cent pure Green Hydrogen pilot plant, with an installed capacity of 10 kg per day at its Jorhat Pump Station in Assam.
- The plant produces Green Hydrogen from the electricity generated by the existing 500 kW Solar plant using a 100 kW Anion Exchange Membrane (AEM) Electrolyser array. The use of AEM technology is being used for the first time in India.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief Minister: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
- National Parks: Orang National Park, Manas National Park, Dibru-Saikhowa National Park, Kaziranga National Park, Nameri National Park, Raimona National Park, Dihing-Patkai National Park
Telangana to get the world’s largest 3-wheeler EV making plant
- California-based Biliti Electric Inc (Biliti) has announced that it would be establishing the world’s largest electric three-wheeler factory, with a production capacity of 2,40,000 EVs per year in Telangana.
- These facilities will be built in two phases over an area of 200 acres. Phase I will be developed over 5 acres with the capability to produce 18,000 vehicles per year and is expected to be operational by early 2023.
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Chief Minister: Chandrashekar Rao
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- National Parks: KasuBrahmananda Reddy National Park, Mahaveer Harina National Park, Mrugavani National Park
Patrick Achi was re-appointed as the Prime Minister of Cote d’Ivoire
- Ivory Coast President Alassane Ouattara has re-appointed Patrick Achi as the Prime Minister of Ivory Coast.
- He was appointed prime minister in March 2021. He was the third Prime Minister in the West African state in the last three years after Amadou Gon Coulibaly and Hamed Bakayoko, who died less than eight months apart in 2020 and 2021.
Russian Central Bank registers a new payment system named ‘HELLO’
- Russian Central Bank has included a new payment system named ‘HELLO’ into the national register of credit institutions.
- The payment system HELLO is a set of payment services and institutions that facilitates money transfer transactions.
Science and Technology
India gets its sixth Scorpene-class submarine ‘INS Vagsheer’ in Mumbai
- India’s defence naval fleet got more teeth as Defence Secretary Ajay Kumar launched INS Vagsheer, the sixth Scorpene-class submarine under Project-75, at Mazagon Dock in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Vagsheer is named after the sand fish, a deadly deep-sea predator of the Indian Ocean. The first submarine Vagsheer, ex-Russia (then Soviet Union) was commissioned into the Indian Navy on 26 December 1974 and was decommissioned on 30 April 1997 after almost three decades of maritime service.
Ajay Kumar Sood was appointed as the new Principal Scientific Advisor
- Physicist Ajay Kumar Sood of the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore was appointed as the new Principal Scientific Advisor (PSA) to the Union Government for three
- He replaced Vijay Raghavan. He was honoured with Padma Shri in 2013. Sood had done his master’s in Physics from Punjab University, Chandigarh in 1972 and Ph.D. Physics from the IISc Bangalore in 1982.
Senior IAS officer Naresh Kumar was appointed as the Chief Secretary of Delhi
- Senior IAS officer Naresh Kumar was appointed as the Chief Secretary of Delhi.
- He is a 1987-batch AGMUT cadre IAS officer, who has been transferred from Arunachal Pradesh to Delhi.
Ranks and Indices
Serum Institute of India’s founder Cyrus Poonawalla is World’s Richest Healthcare Billionaire
- According to Hurun Global Healthcare Rich List of 2022, the founder of the Indian COVID-19 vaccine Covishield’s maker Serum Institute of India (SII), Cyrus Poonawalla is the world’s richest billionaire in the healthcare sector in 2022.
- The second richest healthcare billionaire globally is HCA healthcare owner Thomas Frist Jr and his family.
- The third and fourth on the healthcare rich list are from China — Li Xiting and Xu Hang of Mindray.
West Indies all-rounder Kieron Pollard announces retirement From International Cricket
- West Indies all-rounder Kieron Pollard announced his retirement from international cricket. He was the captain of West Indies’ limited-overs teams and played a total of 123 ODIs and 101 T20Is.
- He scored 2706 runs and took 55 wickets in ODI cricket. And in T20Is he racked up 1569 runs at a strike rate of 135.14, while also picking up 42 wickets with his handy medium pace.
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of April 21, 2022, now from the link given below.